2017 Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 340, 341, 342  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Some things never change. Inning-ending double play with the bases loaded.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Good job Pedro.
MojoRisin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Taylor is on fire tonight
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Kenley will try to save us from our pathetic offense.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Thank you Kenley! Grind out win.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Baez and Jansen got it done. Glad we can win ugly games too.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject:

David Vassegh @THEREAL_DV

#Dodgers win 10th in a row for 2nd time this season.

Improve MLB best record 65-29.

Won 30 last 34 games.
(Best since '77 Royals)
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject:

This Kershaw guy is pretty decent.

1-0

As usual, just sensational.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
srm90 wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
32 wrote:
If Puig can continue playing like this into the fall we are going to be really tough to beat. I have been his biggest critic the last couple of years mostly for his mental approach to the game. But this year he has vastly improved his game so far.

His relationship with his teammates is the best it's ever been. You can tell he's bought in and has the mentality that Roberts wants from him. In the past, there was always a rumor here or there that someone in the clubhouse was upset with him (even Kershaw!). But you just don't see that anymore.

And it's all because of Dave Roberts. What a manager.

Not really. Dave Roberts and "Manager of the Year" should only ever be said sarcastically.

What do you have against Dave Roberts?

He's not a good manager.

Who else could the Dodgers have gotten that would be better than him? Bud Black? I doubt that.

He's way better than Mattingly that's for sure.

He manages pretty much the same as Mattingly, which is hardly a surprise since Zaidi pretty much pre-calls the shots anyway.

Good job ignoring my question.

Maddon
Francona
Black's OK
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

^^
Maddon's in-game decisions during the playoffs were questionable, and that's being nice to him.

If I'm being honest, Roberts is not perfect with strategy. However, he is absolutely getting better, and no one is going to just make perfect decisions all the time. But he is getting better at that aspect of his job. What's far more important is that he has created an infectious energy and optimism in the clubhouse. The players would run through a wall for him. He wasn't even going to get the job--they were going to give it to Kapler--but he was so amazing in the interview that they changed course. He's been an absolutely fantastic hire.

Oh, also, Roberts' usage of Jansen in the postseason last year was absolutely ballsy and inspired.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^^
Maddon's in-game decisions during the playoffs were questionable, and that's being nice to him.

If I'm being honest, Roberts is not perfect with strategy. However, he is absolutely getting better, and no one is going to just make perfect decisions all the time. But he is getting better at that aspect of his job. What's far more important is that he has created an infectious energy and optimism in the clubhouse. The players would run through a wall for him. He wasn't even going to get the job--they were going to give it to Kapler--but he was so amazing in the interview that they changed course. He's been an absolutely fantastic hire.

Oh, also, Roberts' usage of Jansen in the postseason last year was absolutely ballsy and inspired.

Thank goodness Kasten stopped the sabermorons from auto-installing their yes-man.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^^

Thank goodness Kasten stopped the sabermorons from auto-installing their yes-man.

We'll never know how Kapler would've done as manager. It looks more like his calling is in player development.

So far they've done well getting some hidden gems. Their best gem of course being Alex Wood, but he was already a good pitcher with the Braves. They're fortunate he wasn't having the greatest season when they traded him and Atlanta really wanted the horrible signing of Olivera.

As I've always stated, this offseason will be the true telling mark of the front office because of the big name free agents available. I'm gonna have to expand it to this trade deadline as this is their moment to show they've got what it takes to be bold and make the needed moves for a World Series title.

With the team playing so well, if there's an actual taker out there, would the Dodgers be better off trading Gonzalez and eating some salary while getting back some sort of asset and freeing up more money for free agency? Or should they just keep him and try to trade him after the season?
MojoRisin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^^

We'll never know how Kapler would've done as manager. It looks more like his calling is in player development.

So far they've done well getting some hidden gems. Their best gem of course being Alex Wood, but he was already a good pitcher with the Braves. They're fortunate he wasn't having the greatest season when they traded him and Atlanta really wanted the horrible signing of Olivera.

As I've always stated, this offseason will be the true telling mark of the front office because of the big name free agents available. I'm gonna have to expand it to this trade deadline as this is their moment to show they've got what it takes to be bold and make the needed moves for a World Series title.

With the team playing so well, if there's an actual taker out there, would the Dodgers be better off trading Gonzalez and eating some salary while getting back some sort of asset and freeing up more money for free agency? Or should they just keep him and try to trade him after the season?

probably not going to be a popular answer but I think Gonzalez has earned the right to enjoy this potential WS run.

If anyone deserves to get moved (never going to happen) it is Ethier.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^^

Just a clarification -- it's next offseason when the BIG names become available, including our own Kershaw (when he opts out). No need to move Gonzalez. He'll be off the books after next season anyway.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject:

Even if Agon is deemed healthy enough to play I do not want him back in the starting lineup on a regular basis unless there is an injury. There is too much momentum and chemistry to mess with that. Let him pinch hit and maybe fill in to give Bellinger rest from time to time.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Even if Agon is deemed healthy enough to play I do not want him back in the starting lineup on a regular basis unless there is an injury. There is too much momentum and chemistry to mess with that. Let him pinch hit and maybe fill in to give Bellinger rest from time to time.

Agon seems to get that as well. Only 4 hits from 2000, though, I hope he at least gets that this season
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject:

From reading the tea leaves, it seems like A-Gone knows what is happening and would not rock the boat. If he can get healthy enough to at least be a pinch-hit option for us in the postseason, I would welcome that.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
From reading the tea leaves, it seems like A-Gone knows what is happening and would not rock the boat. If he can get healthy enough to at least be a pinch-hit option for us in the postseason, I would welcome that.

I figured as much. He's cut from the same Chase Utley "pro's pro" type cloth.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject:

There’s your run . . . Kersh.

Fun read for those who might have missed it.

http://www.thinkbluela.com/2017/07/theres-your-run-kersh/
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^^

Was that Kasten's doing? Regardless of how I feel about him now, I liked Roberts' hiring at the time, and in particular for the reason you stated above about Kapler. I'm just not sure Roberts hasn't become another yes-man.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^^

Was that Kasten's doing? Regardless of how I feel about him now, I liked Roberts' hiring at the time, and in particular for the reason you stated above about Kapler. I'm just not sure Roberts hasn't become another yes-man.

I definitely don't think he's a yes man, but I think he does heavily lean on the FO stats guys for defensive positioning and other things, which is OK in my book. There's nothing I really detest more than old school "gut feeling" management. Maddon, one of the guys you like, is very similar to Roberts in that he leans heavily on stats from his FO's with his lineups and other things. Both men also have the respect of their clubhouses and are masters at getting their players to buy in.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
srm90 wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
srm90 wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
32 wrote:
If Puig can continue playing like this into the fall we are going to be really tough to beat. I have been his biggest critic the last couple of years mostly for his mental approach to the game. But this year he has vastly improved his game so far.

His relationship with his teammates is the best it's ever been. You can tell he's bought in and has the mentality that Roberts wants from him. In the past, there was always a rumor here or there that someone in the clubhouse was upset with him (even Kershaw!). But you just don't see that anymore.

And it's all because of Dave Roberts. What a manager.

Not really. Dave Roberts and "Manager of the Year" should only ever be said sarcastically.

What do you have against Dave Roberts?

He's not a good manager.

Who else could the Dodgers have gotten that would be better than him? Bud Black? I doubt that.

He's way better than Mattingly that's for sure.

He manages pretty much the same as Mattingly, which is hardly a surprise since Zaidi pretty much pre-calls the shots anyway.

Good job ignoring my question.

Maddon
Francona
Black's OK

I agree the first two are better options now, but they were not available to us. I'm perfectly fine with us choosing Roberts over Black, who would've been solid but I feel like Roberts is better for our team dynamic/managing the personalities.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Chris Taylor with the leadoff HR. Man he has been so money this season.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^^

Just a clarification -- it's next offseason when the BIG names become available, including our own Kershaw (when he opts out). No need to move Gonzalez. He'll be off the books after next season anyway.

Right. I meant next offseason. I agree there's no immediate need to move Gonzalez, but for him he's earned the right to play and not be a spectator and I don't see a spot for him on the Dodgers with Bellinger firmly entrenched.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^^

Right. I meant next offseason. I agree there's no immediate need to move Gonzalez, but for him he's earned the right to play and not be a spectator and I don't see a spot for him on the Dodgers with Bellinger firmly entrenched.

Yeah it'll depend on what he wants to do. I get the feeling he'd be okay being a platoon/bench guy for his final year on the Dodgers rather than playing for some scrub team, but who knows.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 340, 341, 342  Next
Page 53 of 342
Jump to: