2017 Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 340, 341, 342  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Not sure why you guys are all down on Joc. His average isn't great but he's one of the best hitting CF in the league if you go by wRC+ (10th). He does need to work on his fielding though. That used to be his strong suit.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=cf&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=200&type=8&season=2017&month=0&season1=2017&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=17,d

Take a look at the BABIP above and below him too. He's actually pretty unlucky this year.

There really aren't many great or even good offensive CF.

Last edited by DuncanIdaho on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Not sure why you guys are all down on Joc. His average isn't great but he's one of the best hitting CF in the league if you go by wRC+ (10th). He does need to work on his fielding though. That used to be his strong suit.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=cf&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=200&type=8&season=2017&month=0&season1=2017&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=17,d

There really aren't many great or even good offensive CF.

I'm weary of his hitting against lefties. I'm not sure what the stats are though this year.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:

I would've had interest in trading him for McCutchen, but the Pirates are surging and will be buying, if anything. But I don't want to trade him if we don't get back a better MLB centerfielder. I'm not willing to just assume the following in a year where our team is humming:

--Verdugo will hit major league pitching if called up
--A-Gone will be old A-Gone upon his return
--Bellinger can play a quality defensive CF
--Taylor can play a quality defensive CF

One of the above will have to happen if we trade Joc without a major league CF coming back.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

I would've had interest in trading him for McCutchen, but the Pirates are surging and will be buying, if anything. But I don't want to trade him if we don't get back a better MLB centerfielder. I'm not willing to just assume the following in a year where our team is humming:

--Verdugo will hit major league pitching if called up
--A-Gone will be old A-Gone upon his return
--Bellinger can play a quality defensive CF
--Taylor can play a quality defensive CF

One of the above will have to happen if we trade Joc without a major league CF coming back.

Yeah Cutch would have been an acceptable replacement, agreed. You're right though -- some package around he and Cole is probably off the table now.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject:

THIS FREAKING TEAM!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject:

I hope they save some of this stuff for the playoffs!

Record now is 71-31.
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject:

35-6 since June 9. Holy cow.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Holy (bleep) this team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Are we all ok with moving AJ Ellis to make room for Austin Barnes yet? Barnes had the big single and scored the winning run. Batting almost .300

It will be interesting in a year or 2 Grandahl could fetch a nice price on the trade market.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Are we all ok with moving AJ Ellis to make room for Austin Barnes yet? Barnes had the big single and scored the winning run. Batting almost .300

It will be interesting in a year or 2 Grandahl could fetch a nice price on the trade market.

Certainly no reason to move Grandal, as things stand now. He's a big part of the pitching staff's success, and he's been one of the best pitch-framers in all of baseball over the past 2 seasons. That's an enormous quality to have; a catcher that can essentially steal strikes on borderline pitches is a big asset.

But I agree that Barnes seems like he could be the catcher of the future. I've even heard that he could be a future option at second base. We'll see. He looks like a very nice player. Perhaps the Dee Gordon trade wasn't as bad as it initially looked.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Barnes is so money. Couldn't ask for a better backup catcher.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject:

I remember looking at the score and seeing that we were down 5-2...Just basically assumed that we would come back and win it.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject:

I don't think I remember a Dodgers team that had so many late inning comebacks.
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:58 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
I remember looking at the score and seeing that we were down 5-2...Just basically assumed that we would come back and win it.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject:

I remember the old days, when the Dodgers annually had the strongest pitching staff in the major leagues. Back then the victories had the Dodgers trademark of, "Ho hum, one run" games. I've never experienced a Dodgers team that pulled out late inning magic like this, at least on an ongoing basis. In fact, I cannot remember a single major league team sustaining these late inning comebacks night after night. I just hope these guys don't tighten up during the playoffs.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject:

Buster Olney‏
Verified account

@Buster_ESPN
Following

More
Some teams convinced TEX will trade Darvish. It's worthwhile if they get more than value of 2nd round pick, the return for Darvish as a FA.

Here's to hoping that his value went down after that shelling last night. Even if only very marginally so. I wouldn't be willing to give up Verdugo or Buehler for him. Would give up Calhoun. Would give up Alvarez. Calhoun and Alvarez would give me pause but I'd consider it. Alvarez and Diaz and I'd say yes. Calhoun and Diaz and I'd say yes.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Buster Olney‏
Verified account

@Buster_ESPN
Following

More
Some teams convinced TEX will trade Darvish. It's worthwhile if they get more than value of 2nd round pick, the return for Darvish as a FA.

Here's to hoping that his value went down after that shelling last night. Even if only very marginally so. I wouldn't be willing to give up Verdugo or Buehler for him. Would give up Calhoun. Would give up Alvarez. Calhoun and Alvarez would give me pause but I'd consider it. Alvarez and Diaz and I'd say yes. Calhoun and Diaz and I'd say yes.

If the rumors about STL considering trading Lance Lynn are true, I'd much rather have him over Darvish.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
In the past 24 hours, I have had multiple executives play connect the dots, with the end result being Sonny Gray ends up a Dodger.

LINK
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Jon Morosi @jonmorosi
Sources: #Dodgers increasingly confident they will acquire 1 of Yu Darvish, Sonny Gray or Justin Verlander by Monday. @MLB @MLBNetwork

Jon Morosi
Jon Morosi @jonmorosi
Sources: #Dodgers recent trade dialogue has been heavier on Yu Darvish and Sonny Gray than Justin Verlander. @MLB @MLBNetwork
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Buster Olney‏
Verified account

@Buster_ESPN
Following

More

If the rumors about STL considering trading Lance Lynn are true, I'd much rather have him over Darvish.

From a Cardinal fan, Lynn would look good on your staff. And I think they will for sure shop him.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Jon Morosi‏
Verified account
 @jonmorosi 12m
12 minutes ago

More
Sources: #Dodgers facing less competition on Darvish than Gray, because most @MLB contenders are focused on adding multiyear assets.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
srm90 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Buster Olney‏
Verified account

@Buster_ESPN
Following

More

From a Cardinal fan, Lynn would look good on your staff. And I think they will for sure shop him.

I still remember the game at Dodger Stadium earlier this year where he went toe-to-toe with Kershaw, only surrendering one run. If available, he's the best starter on the market.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Lynn is not as good as Darvish, no matter what their ERA's are this season. Darvish would be the more high-impact addition. Anyway, I wonder if this could be something...

Dodgers Nation‏ @DodgersNation 18m
18 minutes ago

More
Yadier Alvarez is no longer listed as Tulsa's starter tomorrow and Alex Verdugo is not in OKC's lineup tonight. I am here to stir the pot.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Alvarez and Verdugo is a pretty high price to pay (I would have preferred subbing Calhoun), but I agree, Darvish is the goods. His ERA ballooned from two horrible outings in July, rather than the result of arm trouble. I think a change of scenery and pitching meaningful games will help his cause.

I don't trust the physical state of Zach Britton.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Jon Morosi‏
Verified account
 @jonmorosi 12m
12 minutes ago

More
Sources: #Dodgers facing less competition on Darvish than Gray, because most @MLB contenders are focused on adding multiyear assets.

Smokescreen. Dodgers Sabermoron FO really wants Gray. Like getting blue balls while Billy Beane plays dominatrix in the negotiating room.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 340, 341, 342  Next
Page 59 of 342
Jump to: