2017 Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 340, 341, 342  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Looks like the front office is losing confidence in Joc, I don't blame them. Great pickup too. Great veteran bat in Grandersonto have on this team. I'm stoked!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
I guess it all depends on opinion and risk/reward. I dont like risking players going cold by resting them. But the flip side is you may be risking having fatigued players come October.

Is there any stats on what is actively proven more effective? I know in NFL it seems like almost always a team resting and get a 1 round bye always comes back rusty.

Definitely don't make 117 a priority. Give the regulars more frequent days off, but that still leaves room for judicious use of high-leverage PH opportunities on those off-days. Starting pitchers will be on more strict pitch counts, in addition to the fact that they've got about 6 or 7 pitchers with at least an outside chance of starting in the playoffs (Hill vs Maeda vs Ryu), and that means more rest between starts down the stretch if Roberts wants to do that without running a rookie or a scrub out there.

It's all going to come down to how much talent is added when the roster expands in September, because those are the guys who are going to have a lot to say about whether or not the team continues to run at the record. With prospects like Buehler and Verdugo, and vets who will be competing for a spot like Gonzalez, Ethier, Pederson, Granderson, etc, I wouldn't bet against this team making history.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Old man Grandyman is a nice stop gap until Verdugo is ready and I believe can make the Postseason roster in place of Joc.

Against​ RHP...

Taylor - 2B
Seager - SS
Turner - 3B
Bellinger - LF
Granderson - CF
Gonzalez - 1B
Puig - RF
Grandal - C

WHO YA GONNA PITCH AROUND NOW???

That's possible. I think it's also possible that Forsythe keeps his spot over A-Gone, with Granderson starting. As little power as Forsythe has shown, he's getting on base a ton, and his second base defense is better than anyone else we could play there.

Bottom line, we just brought in another quality player and person, and I do see him ahead of Joc in the pecking order, at least as it stands right now.

Yes, Forsythe and Grandal may still have value if they just work the counts and extend the opposing pitchers while the Big Boys lick their chops against an exhausting pitcher. Unlike Joc they both are still respected defensively but just crazy to try to contemplate the depth and variations Doc Roberts now has.

Forsythe and Seager have a pretty good rapport and I would be reluctant to break that up, especially if you are playing Gonzalez at first. He's got good hands but his range is getti g limited. Also Forsythe is slowly pulling his BA up to respectable after a horrific start. He's now hitting about .250 and has a good not great OPS north of .360. I think he stays in the lineup unless Roberts want to sub in Utley.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject:

I still remember Granderson being one of the toughest outs on the Mets in the playoffs against the Dodgers. I don't remember him striking out more than once the whole series! Hope he brings some of that magic to LA. I'm gonna just assume the Dodgers don't give up anything substantial to get him, especially with the money still owed him on his contract. This signals Joc to start showing up more offensively and that Ethier won't be counted on to do much of anything for the team at this point.

If there's one thing the front office seems to be valuing, it's the reputation of the character of the player and how it fits in the clubhouse environment they're trying to build. Granderson is as highly respected as Utley.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
I still remember Granderson being one of the toughest outs on the Mets in the playoffs against the Dodgers. I don't remember him striking out more than once the whole series! Hope he brings some of that magic to LA. I'm gonna just assume the Dodgers don't give up anything substantial to get him, especially with the money still owed him on his contract. This signals Joc to start showing up more offensively and that Ethier won't be counted on to do much of anything for the team at this point.

If there's one thing the front office seems to be valuing, it's the reputation of the character of the player and how it fits in the clubhouse environment they're trying to build. Granderson is as highly respected as Utley.

Yep, I that's to the effect what I texted back to my buddy about htis trade. Granderson is in that Utley vein. They might not be gaudy at this stage in their careers but I'll be damned if they donb't put up a pro-at bat...
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Lolz Dodgers warned up to the idea of claiming HR King Stanton off waivers from the Fish this week but decided to take the short term and safer risk in Granderson. Can't blame LA for declining the to add a mega star that could pounce the '27 Bronx Bombers.....10 yr/300m is too much to swallow.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

Yep, I that's to the effect what I texted back to my buddy about htis trade. Granderson is in that Utley vein. They might not be gaudy at this stage in their careers but I'll be damned if they donb't put up a pro-at bat...

And it's more than just the character he brings. He has the 10th-highest OPS of any major league hitter since May 10. His defensive metrics are also better than Joc's.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject:

CODY BELLINGER
DATING SMOKIN' HOT PRE-LAW STUDENT
... ALL RISE!
http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/08/19/lets-take-a-look-at-dodgers-cody-bellingers-gf-whos-a-smokin-hot-pre-law-student-pics/
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject:

^ Damn you go Bell!
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject:

Looks like Joc is probably being sent down to work on his swing.

Andy McCullough @McCulloughTimes
Joc Pederson's locker at Comerica Park is empty.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject:

Grandy in da house, Joc sent packing.

Los Angeles Dodgers
Los Angeles Dodgers @Dodgers
Today's Dodger lineup at Tigers:

Taylor CF
Seager SS
Turner DH
Bellinger RF
Granderson LF
Grandal C
González 1B
Forsythe 3B
Utley 2B
(Ryu P)
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject:

What a pro

https://www.instagram.com/p/BX--OkMnZ2X/
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject:

^^ I''ve seen him in several interviews. Granderson should beyond go into media after he retires.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

I hope Joc figures it out and make a strong comeback and be on the post season roster.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:

He's young and still has the potential that made him a sought-after prospect. I think the All-Star break his rookie year broke him but at least now he has a chance to recover.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

And it's more than just the character he brings. He has the 10th-highest OPS of any major league hitter since May 10. His defensive metrics are also better than Joc's.

Agree. The guy has been one of the better hitters in his last 250 at bats, culminating in a grand slam. I think he's starting to warm up at the right time, and hopefully the Dodgers are the biggest benefactors. Joc gets a chance to test out his new stance down in the minors without the added pressure of having to perform on the best team in baseball.

Depending on what's going back the other way to the Mets, which I assume isn't much, this looks to be another win for the front office.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject:

I think it's safe to say Ryu is back.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:

Might be good for him, it'll give him an opportunity to work on that new swing he's trying out.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject:

A-Gone's bat speed looks pretty good.

And you know I'm surprised that the Whipping Boy had 2 scoreless innings with 4 K's lol. The hitters must be having trouble seeing the ball through the shadows today!
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
I think it's safe to say Ryu is back.

and gets 'zero' run support...
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Bill Plunkett
Twitter › billplunkettocr
Mild right ankle sprain for Cody Bellinger. He is ... day to day. #Dodgers
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Bill Plunkett

To quote the legendary Vin Scully: "aren't we all."
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject:

21 straight series wins...
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Good God that FS1 home Tigers broadcast with Dick Enberg and Kirk Gibson was atrociously boring...sux that Gibby is a total homer no Dodger love from him despite his '88 heroics.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Bill Plunkett

Looked bad when I saw it but he was walking it off after a few steps.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 340, 341, 342  Next
Page 77 of 342
Jump to: