Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 340, 341, 342  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
I watched the game from the 5th inning on. Y'all know I was nervous on every Stripling pitch there in that final inning. Oh, and Baez has no business being on the mound in the 8th inning in a high-leverage spot. All but two of his pitches were fastballs, and that's just too predictable for the hitter. Even Chapman has gotten into trouble lately just throwing fastballs. You have to mix it up every once in a while. Morrow does that.

Really hoping that Morrow and Buehler are the shut-down setup guys for us. Watson scares me, and Baez scares me. (I assume that guys like Stripling and Avilan won't make the postseason roster.)

Watson and Cingrani for sure are nervous time pitchers. Baez, despite his numbers, will always worry me in high-leverage situations until he shows he can produce consistently. Josh Fields and Brandon Morrow right now are the reliable right-handers before Jansen. I don't think there's a single lefty that gives anyone confidence. Should the Dodgers put Jeremy Bleich on the 40-man roster and see what he can do?

I still think Paredes has a chance. I know it was only 2 appearances, but I'd like to see what he can do. I really liked the way the ball came out of his hand and the action on his pitches.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject:

We also put Bellinger on the DL, playing it really safe there. So now A-Gone gets regular AB's for the next week, as they continue to see how he looks.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Another bad outing from Stewart. I can't say I'm much of a fan. 5-4 Buccos into the 4th.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Another bad outing from Stewart. I can't say I'm much of a fan. 5-4 Buccos into the 4th.

And yet the bullpen shuts the Pirates down the rest of the way and the Dodgers score four more for an easy win. Again. Glass half full.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
eh, he's era is still 3.34. Thats not bad at all. Had a bad game, his location was off. it happens.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
We also put Bellinger on the DL, playing it really safe there. So now A-Gone gets regular AB's for the next week, as they continue to see how he looks.

He's looking great thus far. Same with Granderson. Unreal how deep we are now...
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Major League Baseball Overall Standings

LAD 89 35 -
Was 75 48 13.5GB
Hou 76 49 13.5
Bos 72 53 17.5
Cle 69 55 20
AZ 69 57 21
Col 68 57 21.5
SFG 51 77 40
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

He's looking great thus far. Same with Granderson. Unreal how deep we are now...
Yea at this point it's almost an embarrassment of riches how deep this team is to be completely honest. Everybody's playing at their optimal level (for the most part).

Big part of that credit has to go to Doc Roberts, who I'll say it again is the best manager we've had since Lasorda. He just seems to push all the right buttons. Him and the entire staff have done such a good job changing the culture from what was a talented team struggling to get over the hump the past handful of years, to a juggernaut!

Fun to watch and as a lifelong Dodgers fan, long overdue!

Keeping fingers crossed we can keep this up, stay somewhat healthy, heal up lingering nagging injuries, and win the last game of the post season.

Congrats to A-Gon on his 2000th hit btw.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Dave Roberts is the man. Very glad we didn't go with yes-man Kepler. He's got guys firing on all cylinders and despite having pretty much a worse team than what Mattingley had, somehow got guys to play clutch who prior to this year had no or negative records of clutch play. He got NL manager of the year last year but I think this year he deserves it equally if not more.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
eh, he's era is still 3.34. Thats not bad at all. Had a bad game, his location was off. it happens.

Yes, and he also had an xFIP of 5.06, and that was before last night's game. He doesn't inspire confidence, at least for me. I mean, it's not like he's going to pitch in a huge game for us or anything, but it's not a huge issue. I'm just saying that I am not a fan of Mr. Stewart's skills, at least at this point in his career. I realize he could get better as he ages. He's not there right now. His numbers weren't good at the major league level last season, either.

Oh, and yes, congrats to A-Gone on his 2000th hit. Only 285 players have ever done it.
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Dave Roberts is the man. Very glad we didn't go with yes-man Kepler. He's got guys firing on all cylinders and despite having pretty much a worse team than what Mattingley had, somehow got guys to play clutch who prior to this year had no or negative records of clutch play. He got NL manager of the year last year but I think this year he deserves it equally if not more.
He absolutely deserves it even more this year. This team is doing historic things up to this point. Last year the narrative was what Roberts did with a team ravished with injuries, persevering all the way to game 6 of the NLCS with a "next man up" plug n play mentality. This year (so far at least) the team is a well-oiled big blue machine, and like you said firing on all cylinders.
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Yes, and he also had an xFIP of 5.06, and that was before last night's game. He doesn't inspire confidence, at least for me. I mean, it's not like he's going to pitch in a huge game for us or anything, but it's not a huge issue. I'm just saying that I am not a fan of Mr. Stewart's skills, at least at this point in his career. I realize he could get better as he ages. He's not there right now. His numbers weren't good at the major league level last season, either.

Oh, and yes, congrats to A-Gone on his 2000th hit. Only 285 players have ever done it.
Stewart's ERA being 3.34 is a surprising stat to me. Thought it would be in the mid to high 4's range, if not higher.

Just from the eye ball test he hasn't exactly inspired confidence in me either. A big part of that I guess is Roberts having a nice short leash on him. Typical plug and play guy similar to Stripling.

I'm actually more confident in Strip than Stewart as a starter, which is saying quite a bit since Strip on the mound scares the holy hell out of me (though his last couple appearances were encouraging).
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject:

MAJIC wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Stewart's ERA being 3.34 is a surprising stat to me. Thought it would be in the mid to high 4's range, if not higher.

Just from the eye ball test he hasn't exactly inspired confidence in me either. A big part of that I guess is Roberts having a nice short leash on him. Typical plug and play guy similar to Stripling.

I'm actually more confident in Strip than Stewart as a starter, which is saying quite a bit since Strip on the mound scares the holy hell out of me (though his last couple appearances were encouraging).

Now he has a 5.47 xFIP after last night's game. Again, not a big deal, as we had a hole to fill and McCarthy is still down (would be my #6 choice at this point for our rotation, and he's about to start a rehab assignment). Stripling would be just as likely to get blasted, and he may actually get a start over the weekend, who knows. Buehler isn't an option to make a spot start or two, since he is going to come up in a week or two as a reliever. A prospect like Mitchell White probably has more to offer than Stewart or Stripling, but we don't really have a need to rush a guy like that. So yeah, it is what it is. If we have to run guys out there like Stewart/Stripling for a start or two, so be it. McCarthy may even be back in a couple of weeks, and by that time, Kershaw and Darvish may both be back. And who knows with Wood; maybe they give him a couple of weeks instead of just 10 days (missing one start).
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Rich Hill is having an interesting game.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:

Very interesting....
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:

+1
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Only 73 pitches for Hill
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Figures a spectacular defensive play by the Bucs would keep us scoreless there.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Holy (bleep) Chase!
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject:

C'mon offense, bring something (anything) across here.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject:

C'mon, get this man a run. Sick performance by Rich.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) Rivero. Gonna be tough.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Damn a lot of wasted opportunities offensively.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Stupid offense
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Logan Forsythe... u are the worst. Just Hanley Ramirezed him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 340, 341, 342  Next
Page 79 of 342
Jump to: