2017 Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147 ... 340, 341, 342  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
How winnable are the Hendricks and Arrieta games? I haven't watched them much this year.

Judging from the numbers it looks like they were both really good this season. They will be tough games to win. Fortunately the Dodgers starting rotation is deep. Hendricks didn't have the year he had last season but he still had a 3.03 era. Weird that he only won 7 games in 24 starts but I don't think wins is a great pitchers stat anyway. Hill was awesome in game 2, his team won and even he didn't get the win.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject:

Was able to see it in person and I'm still pumped from the game last night. What a game! THIS TEAM!
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Was able to see it in person and I'm still pumped from the game last night. What a game! THIS TEAM!

Congrats!

What a great day for LA sports yesterday. Hopefully, Dodgers can close em out this week and the Lakers win their home opener on Thursday to make it a great week.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject:

Yes, I'm hoping we can close it out in Chicago, just need to get game 3 or 4 to put the pressure on and then hopefully close it out in 5.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Team has sure stepped up with our best player out.

who is out?

Seager. Injured back, may not play again even if the Dodgers get to the WS.

NOOOO!!!

Like JB said, this team is so deep, they can still win it all but damn that would suck for Seager. The depth has been insane this season but I'm praying he gets well soon because you can never have too much, especially for intense situational hitting situations and defensive subs during the tense moments of late inning WS baseball.

Turner. What a freaking stud. And to think this guy was a part time player everywhere else. You often see stars struggle when they go home but this guy is the opposite. What a find. A Doyer through and through.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject:

What happened to Andre Ethier? Can't find anything to say he's injured but he's still on the team...?
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject:

I'm hoping the lack of offense has convinced Dave Roberts to shuffle up the lineup and move Puig back to the 5-spot and Forsythe lower where they were successful in the NLDS. I think Roberts was spreading the solid hitters too far apart facing these lefties. Can't complain about the job he's doing managing the pitchers. He's made all the right moves and has clearly defined the roles of their primary pitchers.
phayze one
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
BTW that fan got a nice souvenir....nice catch on the JT 3 run homer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sports/comments/76qsi0/my_friends_dad_caught_justin_turners_walk_off/
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

phayze one wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sports/comments/76qsi0/my_friends_dad_caught_justin_turners_walk_off/

I would ask for some tickets to the World Series or some other signed souvenirs. He obviously knows what he's doing considering he caught some other memorable home runs.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject:

Hendricks is like a right-handed version of Rich Hill, with both guys having fastballs only in the upper 80's and maybe topping out around 90. But where Hill features his great curveball as his other pitch, Hendricks has a great changeup. Both guys will throw any pitch in any count, and both do an amazing job of messing up the hitters' timing.

Arrieta has good, hard, nasty stuff, but I am not sure if he's 100% right now, as he sustained a hamstring injury late in the season, and labored through his one NLDS outing, though he didn't give up many runs.

If we can get one of the next two games, we're certainly in great shape. As Hendricks lives in the bottom part of the zone (and below), and doesn't really get guys out pitching up, I'm curious to see if Granderson can get to him for a big hit (finally). I have no idea what his numbers are against Hendricks, but it would seem to me that it might be a good matchup for Grandy, who loves the ball down. Maybe I'm just hoping at this point!
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject:

Hendricks is like the later Greg Maddux in the way he locates his pitches and can only get to the high 80s on his fastball. Hill mostly has his fastball in the very low 90s. The interesting thing is he hasn't been throwing his curve lately as much as before. It's like the threat of the curveball has gotten the hitters so messed up on their timing. He has completely surprised hitters on when that curve is coming.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

@kengurnick
Quote:
Roberts said Corey Seager is not traveling to Chicago, despite improvement in his back injury.

Quote:
Seager still hasn't done anything baseball specific.

Quote:
Dave Roberts said Kenta Maeda is available on back-to-back days, depending on usage.

LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject:

The LA Kings' Bailey got into the act for Game 2:

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/919943423188242432
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
@kengurnick
Quote:
Roberts said Corey Seager is not traveling to Chicago, despite improvement in his back injury.

Quote:
Seager still hasn't done anything baseball specific.

Quote:
Dave Roberts said Kenta Maeda is available on back-to-back days, depending on usage.

Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject:

What happened to Andre Ethier? Can't find anything to say he's injured but he's still on the team...?

He's still on the roster but is just a clubhouse occupant now. Same for AGone.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Hendricks is like a right-handed version of Rich Hill, with both guys having fastballs only in the upper 80's and maybe topping out around 90. But where Hill features his great curveball as his other pitch, Hendricks has a great changeup. Both guys will throw any pitch in any count, and both do an amazing job of messing up the hitters' timing.

Arrieta has good, hard, nasty stuff, but I am not sure if he's 100% right now, as he sustained a hamstring injury late in the season, and labored through his one NLDS outing, though he didn't give up many runs.

If we can get one of the next two games, we're certainly in great shape. As Hendricks lives in the bottom part of the zone (and below), and doesn't really get guys out pitching up, I'm curious to see if Granderson can get to him for a big hit (finally). I have no idea what his numbers are against Hendricks, but it would seem to me that it might be a good matchup for Grandy, who loves the ball down. Maybe I'm just hoping at this point!

That's a great catch there and I pray you're right about Grandy ... dude needs something, anything in the worst way. It's been painful.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

1 hit in 11 AB with 4K's for K-urtis Granderson vs. Hendricks. Now, he might be better against Jake Arrieta and Jon Lester apparently. But then again, Granderson has been horrible and this FO bought high.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB

Last edited by rwongega on Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Culberson is doing a heck of a job.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

1 hit in 11 AB with 4K's for K-urtis Granderson vs. Hendricks. Now, he might be better against Jake Arrieta and Jon Lester apparently. But then again, Granderson has been horrible and this FO bought high.

I mean, it's not like we gave up anything of consequence for Granderson, so it's tough to be too critical of the move. They did correctly foresee that Joc was not going to be a good option. Unfortunately, Grandy went into one of his dreaded slumps right after we got him, and he hasn't been able to get it back. We are really missing Toles right now.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Granderson hasn't done well at the plate, but at the very least he's been working counts. He just can't buy a hit. Kike is in the same boat with Granderson. It's too bad Ethier can't perform at a solid level right now to give Roberts a different option at LF against righties. They all suck, but at least they're solid fielders, although Ethier might not be since he's played so little.

Last edited by LAkers 4 Life on Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
phayze one wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I would ask for some tickets to the World Series or some other signed souvenirs. He obviously knows what he's doing considering he caught some other memorable home runs.

The guy caught 18 HR balls over the last 2 seasons.
LINK
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:

Is this because he sucks now?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:

Is this because he sucks now?

Ethier is actually on the NLCS roster, unlike A-Gone.
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject:

JT goes Gibby with the walk off. Wild Horse continuing to have Mannywood plate discipline suddenly. Thanks Doc Roberts, thanks Turner Ward.

Glad Maddon brought in Lackey who led the NL in HR's allowed this year. Also never pitched back to back games either.

Saving Davis for the save. Lol.

Thanks Joe.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Justin Turner knows big moments. He was on the 2004 Cal State Fullerton baseball team that won the college world series and included several notable MLB players on the roster.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147 ... 340, 341, 342  Next
Page 146 of 342
Jump to: