Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 ... 340, 341, 342  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Hendricks is like a right-handed version of Rich Hill, with both guys having fastballs only in the upper 80's and maybe topping out around 90. But where Hill features his great curveball as his other pitch, Hendricks has a great changeup. Both guys will throw any pitch in any count, and both do an amazing job of messing up the hitters' timing.

Arrieta has good, hard, nasty stuff, but I am not sure if he's 100% right now, as he sustained a hamstring injury late in the season, and labored through his one NLDS outing, though he didn't give up many runs.

If we can get one of the next two games, we're certainly in great shape. As Hendricks lives in the bottom part of the zone (and below), and doesn't really get guys out pitching up, I'm curious to see if Granderson can get to him for a big hit (finally). I have no idea what his numbers are against Hendricks, but it would seem to me that it might be a good matchup for Grandy, who loves the ball down. Maybe I'm just hoping at this point!

1 hit in 11 AB with 4K's for K-urtis Granderson vs. Hendricks. Now, he might be better against Jake Arrieta and Jon Lester apparently. But then again, Granderson has been horrible and this FO bought high.

They got him after the non-waiver trade deadline. That usually defines buying low.
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Yanks up 3-0 on the Astros. I'm not counting them out of the series just yet.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Hendricks is like a right-handed version of Rich Hill, with both guys having fastballs only in the upper 80's and maybe topping out around 90. But where Hill features his great curveball as his other pitch, Hendricks has a great changeup. Both guys will throw any pitch in any count, and both do an amazing job of messing up the hitters' timing.

Arrieta has good, hard, nasty stuff, but I am not sure if he's 100% right now, as he sustained a hamstring injury late in the season, and labored through his one NLDS outing, though he didn't give up many runs.

If we can get one of the next two games, we're certainly in great shape. As Hendricks lives in the bottom part of the zone (and below), and doesn't really get guys out pitching up, I'm curious to see if Granderson can get to him for a big hit (finally). I have no idea what his numbers are against Hendricks, but it would seem to me that it might be a good matchup for Grandy, who loves the ball down. Maybe I'm just hoping at this point!

1 hit in 11 AB with 4K's for K-urtis Granderson vs. Hendricks. Now, he might be better against Jake Arrieta and Jon Lester apparently. But then again, Granderson has been horrible and this FO bought high.

They got him after the non-waiver trade deadline. That usually defines buying low.

It would've been better to not get him. Anything more than a bag of chips is buying high.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

It would've been better to not get him. Anything more than a bag of chips is buying high.

Cash considerations or a player to be named later is a bag of chips. Your confirmation bias is showing.

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2017/8/19/16172880/granderson-trade-dodgers-mets-depth-flexibility-theyve-got-so-much-money-so-who-cares
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
rwongega wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Cash considerations or a player to be named later is a bag of chips. Your confirmation bias is showing.

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2017/8/19/16172880/granderson-trade-dodgers-mets-depth-flexibility-theyve-got-so-much-money-so-who-cares

No. I meant literal bag of chips.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject:

I hope we don't get blown out like the Astros did last night. I am wondering if Darvish has ever pitched at Wrigley field. Anybody know?
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject:

Kinda hard to be mad at someone who you got for pretty much nothing. As a pinch hitter Granderson is no worse than Ethier or Joc at this point.

They should really be starting Kike, but to be fair at this point any of the fringe players could completely change their narrative with a big hit or two. Nobody would remember Grandy's bad September if he hits a couple of homers over his next few games.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject:

I love Grandy. He is the consummate professional. I am rooting for him. Not sure if Roberts will lose faith in him. We will see.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject:

We are due for an explosive game. Tonight is the night all of our bats will come alive.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

I was just thinking. If the Yanks make it and we make it then the Yankees would be facing 3 100+ win teams in post season. Has that ever happened?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
I was just thinking. If the Yanks make it and we make it then the Yankees would be facing 3 100+ win teams in post season. Has that ever happened?

Have 3 100+ win teams existed in the same season before?

*edit* Happened as recently as 2003.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Kinda hard to be mad at someone who you got for pretty much nothing. As a pinch hitter Granderson is no worse than Ethier or Joc at this point.

They should really be starting Kike, but to be fair at this point any of the fringe players could completely change their narrative with a big hit or two. Nobody would remember Grandy's bad September if he hits a couple of homers over his next few games.

Kike can't hit right-handers any better than Kershaw. He's just not an option against righties and he is what he is, which is a platoon option vs. lefties.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject:

A few changes for the Dodgers tonight. Culberson is out, with Taylor playing SS. Joc is in there in CF. Granderson (and Kike) are out, with Ethier starting in LF. Utley is playing 2B. Barnes is still in there as the catcher. Bellinger has been moved up to the #2 spot, with JT third and Puig now hitting cleanup. With Ethier hitting 5th, again, if I'm the Cubs, why pitch to Puig?
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Taylor-Bellinger-Turner-Puig at the top. Hoping Ethier behind Puig will jumpstart that five-hole in the lineup. As for the cubbies, they'll be starting Schwarber and Zobrist while taking Baez out of the lineup. Interesting lineups by both teams.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Taylor SS
Bellinger 1B
Turner 3B
Puig RF
Ethier LF
Utley 2B
Barnes C
Pederson CF
Darvish P
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

He is asking has any team played 3 100+ teams in the post season. I don't think it's ever been done. Yankees have a chance to do it. (Indians, Astros, Dodgers).
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

He is asking has any team played 3 100+ teams in the post season. I don't think it's ever been done. Yankees have a chance to do it. (Indians, Astros, Dodgers).

Yeah I get what he was asking. Just wanted to find out for myself if 3 100+ teams ever played in the same season.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:

I personally think that Ethier is tailor-made for PH duties, given his traditional clutchness and that he doesn't have to face disadvantageous matchups.

But I agree about Granderson. For a guy who hit 26 homers on the year with a .775 OPS, the price was very good. Bench guys - like relievers - are gonna run hot and cold sometimes because of their limited usage.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
A few changes for the Dodgers tonight. Culberson is out, with Taylor playing SS. Joc is in there in CF. Granderson (and Kike) are out, with Ethier starting in LF. Utley is playing 2B. Barnes is still in there as the catcher. Bellinger has been moved up to the #2 spot, with JT third and Puig now hitting cleanup. With Ethier hitting 5th, again, if I'm the Cubs, why pitch to Puig?

Can't be any worse than when Culberson is behind him. Ethier still garners SOME respect.

But a hitter also benefits from having runners on in front of him, so being right behind Bellinger/Turner (where he belongs ALL the time) will also help. At 7th or 8th, he's on an island.
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Yankees are losing the plot now....
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject:

If Yu can pitch with the type of attack and focus he did in Game 3 at Arizona, I like our chances but the Cubs will be tough at home and likely get a lot of calls.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

Wow, not sure I like some of those moves but Doc Roberts has pushed all the right buttons so far.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
If Yu can pitch with the type of attack and focus he did in Game 3 at Arizona, I like our chances but the Cubs will be tough at home and likely get a lot of calls.

Bingo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Ken Gurnick
@kengurnick
Corey Seager moved well today and began work in weight room. Might start to play catch tomorrow.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Ethier at 5 is a ridiculous move. Even if it works out this is moronic. Only thing I'm thinking is deep in the game when Puig gets on Doc has the ability to make any kind of PH move.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 ... 340, 341, 342  Next
Page 147 of 342
Jump to: