2017 Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183 ... 340, 341, 342  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Yankees baby bombers don't seem to travel well outside NY. It be nice to see they at least make it tough on Houston's bullpen.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Baseball should be played outdoors on natural grass with no DH. F the Astros and F the AL!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Looks like its the Astros. Astros only won one road game while Dodgers won 3 this playoffs.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Verlander will be a tough pitcher for the Dodgers hitters to go against.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Verlander will be a tough pitcher for the Dodgers hitters to go against.

As ours will be for them.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Verlander looks unhittable right now. I doubt he pitches the opener on 3 days rest.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Verlander looks good but he hasnt faced the Dodgers offense so we shall see. We have the most complete line up as long as Granderson is not in the line up. Also accrding to some reports Seager will be on the roster. I hope he is close to 100 percent.

Bring on the Astros!!!!!!
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Wish the Yankees would get the Astros to use Keuchel in this game.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Clutch pitching by the Astros tonight. Will be a really tough series for us, but we can do it.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Darvish coming from the American League has pitched a lot of games at Houston. Maybe this will help I don't know.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure it will be Keuchel on regular rest in Game 1 and Verlander on regular rest on Game 2. Should be a great series. I feel like it's our time. Let's go get it done.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Darvish coming from the American League has pitched a lot of games at Houston. Maybe this will help I don't know.

We're apparently debating whether or not to move Darvish up to a Game 2 start in the World Series. I know Hill is absolutely nails at home, so I'm not sure what we should do. One thing to consider is that the Game 2 starter would be scheduled to pitch both of his starts at Dodger Stadium, should the series go 6. But then the starter for Game 3 would only get a second start if it goes 7. Do you want Darvish locking horns with Verlander in Game 2, horse against horse? Or do you want to keep the rotation as is, and let Hill pitch at home?
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
32 wrote:

We're apparently debating whether or not to move Darvish up to a Game 2 start in the World Series. I know Hill is absolutely nails at home, so I'm not sure what we should do. One thing to consider is that the Game 2 starter would be scheduled to pitch both of his starts at Dodger Stadium, should the series go 6. But then the starter for Game 3 would only get a second start if it goes 7. Do you want Darvish locking horns with Verlander in Game 2, horse against horse? Or do you want to keep the rotation as is, and let Hill pitch at home?

Yu is 4-1 with a 2.16 ERA at Minute Maid. Yes I know those are career stats and in regular season but it seems he's been a good fit pitching in that park not to mention Yu's a better away pitcher. Hill has a smaller sample size but he's also been pretty good 3-0 with a 1.19 ERA at Minute Maid. I would go with Yu in Game 3 seeing as he knows these guys a bit more intimately being in the same division this year.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
Verlander looks good but he hasnt faced the Dodgers offense so we shall see. We have the most complete line up as long as Granderson is not in the line up. Also accrding to some reports Seager will be on the roster. I hope he is close to 100 percent.

Bring on the Astros!!!!!!

Well, Verlander did see the Dodgers offense in this game back in August. You won't believe who broke up his no-hitter.

Last edited by K2 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Will be a wierd World Series considering I've known the Astros as an NL team up until recently. The last time they were in the World Series was back in 2005 when they won the NL and got swept by the White Sox 4-0.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject:

^Same weird WS for me as well, feels like another NL matchup.

Still remember the last time the Dodgers beat the Astros in the post-season back in '81. Jerry Reuss vs Nolan Ryan, the final play with the 3rd strike that got away and the subsequent throw to 1st to get the Dodgers to the NLCS (Rick Monday's HR vs Expos to seal the pennant).
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
32 wrote:

Yu is 4-1 with a 2.16 ERA at Minute Maid. Yes I know those are career stats and in regular season but it seems he's been a good fit pitching in that park not to mention Yu's a better away pitcher. Hill has a smaller sample size but he's also been pretty good 3-0 with a 1.19 ERA at Minute Maid. I would go with Yu in Game 3 seeing as he knows these guys a bit more intimately being in the same division this year.

I would start Hill in Game 2 also. Darvish is a flyball pitcher, and it's hard to hit home runs at Minute Maid. Hill's a flyball pitcher too, but he's just so good at Dodger Stadium, and I don't think I would mess with what's working right now.

Either way, it's a good "problem" to have.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers vs Astros tickets now only a more reasonable 800-900 bucks for the worst seats....
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
32 wrote:

Agree. Plus, I think Rich Hill is just a better pitcher at home. It would be very sweet to pound the Astros and Reddick not get on base at all. Piece of crap a-hole after his comments about the Dodgers fans. Schwarber's comments were stupid, but Reddick just came off as an ass with a grand sense of entitlement.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Someone on a LA Dodgers fan group on Facebook is saying he has 4 tickets in Section 46 RS Row CC (Reserve level near the right field foul pole) for $3100 total, or $800 per ticket. I want to get them so badly but I'm so wary of being scammed somehow.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject:

Game 1 vs. Keuchel (LHP) hopeful lineup:

Taylor
Seager (L)
Turner
Bellinger (L)
Hernandez
Barnes
Puig
Forsythe
Kershaw (P)

Bench

Utley
Granderson
Ethier
Culberson?
Joc?
Grandal
Farmer?

Last edited by LonzoLegend2 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:00 am; edited 2 times in total
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Someone on a LA Dodgers fan group on Facebook is saying he has 4 tickets in Section 46 RS Row CC (Reserve level near the right field foul pole) for $3100 total, or $800 per ticket. I want to get them so badly but I'm so wary of being scammed somehow.

If you got $45k a head, I know my season ticket pool is selling Dugout Club seats for 2.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject:

WS woulda been even more epic against the old rival Yanks but glad we won't have to see Judge and Sanchez....Altuve otoh is gonna be a pest to keep off base, luckily we have a poor man's version in CT3.

Still gotta love our chances, LA in 6, let's clinch and celebrate at the Ravine with Vinny and Tommy there! Ring No. 7 coming up.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
WS woulda been even more epic against the old rival Yanks but glad we won't have to see Judge and Sanchez....Altuve otoh is gonna be a pest to keep off base, luckily we have a poor man's version in CT3.

Still gotta love our chances, LA in 6, let's clinch and celebrate at the Ravine with Vinny and Tommy there! Ring No. 7 coming up.

Sealing the world series against Verlander? now there's confidence
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Los Angeles Dodgers are World Series favorites.

The Westgate SuperBook in Las Vegas opened the Dodgers as -140 favorites to beat the Houston Astros in their best-of-seven series that begins Tuesday in Los Angeles.

That price grew overnight, however, to -160 as of Sunday morning at the SuperBook.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183 ... 340, 341, 342  Next
Page 182 of 342
Jump to: