View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
If we are going to keep Puig, somebody get him a sports psychologist......doesn't make sense how somebody can go from a hitting machine to a damn scrub in a short period of time.

Except that his "scrub" seasons are basically league average. In four years, he's had two All-Star caliber seasons, one injury-plagued season, and whatever this season was (some injury, some vague off-field reasons for demotion).

He's only 25, and still has MVP-level potential. I think it's too soon to give up on him, although I think the writing is on the wall. His demotion had nothing to do with how he was playing, because he was one of their hottest hitters. Why they stubbornly refused to use him more often in the playoffs, in favor of far inferior players, is beyond me. It sounds like they just don't like his personality. They don't want fun guys. They want grinders. That's too bad. I'm sure the Dodgers will get a huge haul from any trade that he's involved in. I also have a hunch that the other team will still get the better of the deal.

My feeling is that another manager or organization will probably somehow get him to play his best. I'm not sure what happened with Puig and this team but its gone downhill and he hasn't recovered. His contract is cheap considering how much potential he has. Would be kinda hilarious if he ends up on the Giants and has an MVP type season....

Roberts can get to him but I think Puig is just having difficulty finding a good medium between playing with too much fire and playing too conservatively. His confidence has to be at an all time low. I wouldn't want to trade him just yet. He's still young, still has potential, is still very much affordable, and young disappointing OF's that get sent away tend to bite us in the ass later (Werth, Victorino, Cody Ross)

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject:

I just think it's time to move on from Puig. No more of this middle ground BS. Either commit to him as an everyday player, or trade him, and I'm in the latter camp. Basically because he's not reliable, between his lackluster hitting since 2014 and his injury volatility. He's on an affordable contract for the next 2 seasons before becoming a free agent ($6.5MM next season and $7.5MM in '18), so he definitely does have some trade value. Even if he remains a league-average hitter, his defense alone warrants his low price.

I doubt that it would unfold this way, but here's what I'm hoping for:

--Trade Puig for Braun (basic framework)
--Sign Cespedes
--Trade Joc Pederson, McCarthy, a top prospect, and cash to the White Sox for Chris Sale

This would leave us with a rotation of Kershaw, Sale, Maeda, Kazmir, and De Leon to start the season, with Urias in the bullpen initially to keep his innings down. Urias would go into the rotation sometime in June, and he simply takes the place of De Leon (if struggling), or if there's an injury. Stripling is around to possibly make spot starts, and maybe Ryu will miraculously prove to be useful again. I would reluctantly include De Leon in the Sale trade (as the top prospect) if I had to. This would mean that Stripling is the #5 starter to begin the season, and I'd be fine with that. To those that think we'd be giving up too much for Sale, I honestly think that we would've won the NLCS with stronger starting pitching options. Dude is in his prime and switching to the NL, the easier league, will make him all the more lethal.

As for the lineup, I think we'd be greatly improved. You return Howie to second base for Utley, an upgrade. You have Braun playing LF regularly, an obvious upgrade. You have Cespedes playing RF regularly, another obvious upgrade. And you would have Toles playing CF over Joc, another hitting upgrade. I don't hate Joc, but the fact is that he can be easily pitched to, and I'd rather have a guy up there that can battle a little bit more and that can use the entire field. Toles is a legit hitter IMO. I don't think he's a flash in the pan. Against righties, our lineup might be, in order: Toles, Seager, Braun, Cespedes, Gonzalez, Turner, Kendrick, Grandal. We'd be so crazy-strong 2-6 (what a heart of the order that is, and you can move guys up and down depending on how hot they were, and I like that there are 3 righties and 2 lefties which is good for balance), Howie would be a strong #7 hitter, and we'd have a powerful bat that will also take a walk at #8 in Grandal.

Of course, I'm re-signing Turner and Jansen, if that wasn't obvious. I'd also still go after Otani if posted. If we somehow landed him, I'm still doing the Sale trade. And then I'd give Kazmir away essentially for nothing if I had to. Then the rotation (once Urias gets in it) would be Kershaw/Sale/Otani/Maeda/Urias. Yeah, not bad.

I know, it's pipe. But I do think some of it could certainly happen.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I just think it's time to move on from Puig. No more of this middle ground BS. Either commit to him as an everyday player, or trade him, and I'm in the latter camp. Basically because he's not reliable, between his lackluster hitting since 2014 and his injury volatility. He's on an affordable contract for the next 2 seasons before becoming a free agent ($6.5MM next season and $7.5MM in '18), so he definitely does have some trade value. Even if he remains a league-average hitter, his defense alone warrants his low price.

I doubt that it would unfold this way, but here's what I'm hoping for:

--Trade Puig for Braun (basic framework)
--Sign Cespedes
--Trade Joc Pederson, McCarthy, a top prospect, and cash to the White Sox for Chris Sale

This would leave us with a rotation of Kershaw, Sale, Maeda, Kazmir, and De Leon to start the season, with Urias in the bullpen initially to keep his innings down. Urias would go into the rotation sometime in June, and he simply takes the place of De Leon (if struggling), or if there's an injury. Stripling is around to possibly make spot starts, and maybe Ryu will miraculously prove to be useful again. I would reluctantly include De Leon in the Sale trade (as the top prospect) if I had to. This would mean that Stripling is the #5 starter to begin the season, and I'd be fine with that. To those that think we'd be giving up too much for Sale, I honestly think that we would've won the NLCS with stronger starting pitching options. Dude is in his prime and switching to the NL, the easier league, will make him all the more lethal.

As for the lineup, I think we'd be greatly improved. You return Howie to second base for Utley, an upgrade. You have Braun playing LF regularly, an obvious upgrade. You have Cespedes playing RF regularly, another obvious upgrade. And you would have Toles playing CF over Joc, another hitting upgrade. I don't hate Joc, but the fact is that he can be easily pitched to, and I'd rather have a guy up there that can battle a little bit more and that can use the entire field. Toles is a legit hitter IMO. I don't think he's a flash in the pan. Against righties, our lineup might be, in order: Toles, Seager, Braun, Cespedes, Gonzalez, Turner, Kendrick, Grandal. We'd be so crazy-strong 2-6 (what a heart of the order that is, and you can move guys up and down depending on how hot they were, and I like that there are 3 righties and 2 lefties which is good for balance), Howie would be a strong #7 hitter, and we'd have a powerful bat that will also take a walk at #8 in Grandal.

Of course, I'm re-signing Turner and Jansen, if that wasn't obvious. I'd also still go after Otani if posted. If we somehow landed him, I'm still doing the Sale trade. And then I'd give Kazmir away essentially for nothing if I had to. Then the rotation (once Urias gets in it) would be Kershaw/Sale/Otani/Maeda/Urias. Yeah, not bad.

I know, it's pipe. But I do think some of it could certainly happen.

There's pipe and then there's "WTF are you smoking?" #2 is the only one with any kind of possibility unless #1 we're giving up way too much. The trades proposed alone would be difficult never mind the weak limpdicks we have negotiating them. These two idiots in Friedman and Zaidi could go into the meeting room armed to the teeth and end up being held hostage by their own guns.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:57 am    Post subject:

^^^^^^^
Apparently, in doing some more research, the proposed trade with the Brewers that almost got completed was Puig and McCarthy and some more prospect filler for Braun. That would be fantastic, assuming the prospect filler wasn't major. We get Braun and can shed McCarthy's salary because of the scarcity on the starting pitching market? Sign me up. In the next 2 seasons, the money changing hands would actually be close to even. The Brewers would be taking on $23MM over 2 years with McCarthy, and $14MM over 2 years with Puig, or about $18.5MM per year total; Braun makes $20MM in each of the next 2 seasons, before earning $19MM in '19, $17MM in '20, and then he has either a $15MM mutual option for '21 or a $4MM buyout. Point is, we could acquire Braun without really increasing payroll, which is good.

Obviously, I recognized that the part about the Sale trade was very unlikely. But I don't see why they couldn't pull off the Braun trade and sign Cespedes as well. The Braun deal was already pretty close to happening, so perhaps they just need to dot the i's and cross the t's. And the other one is simply ponying up the cash, not that we won't have competition, I'm sure.

And yes, I would still explore a Joc trade if we did accomplish acquiring Braun and Cespedes, because I think we'd be a better team with Toles playing over Joc and I would like to get something of great value for Joc, which we can do now when his value is still extremely high because he's so affordable and controllable and is viewed as still having untapped upside. But I realize that the most likely outcome, if they acquired Braun, would be to simply play Toles and Joc and Braun together vs. righties, and then perhaps get guys like Trayce in there vs. lefties.

Also, it's going to be nice to get Brett Anderson's salary off the books. If we can re-sign both Turner and Jansen, I estimate that the raises that both will receive next year will cancel out with Anderson's salary. JT made $5.1MM last year and Kenley made $10.7MM; I'm guessing that both of them will come in around $16MM per year on their new deals. (I'm guessing that JT doesn't quite get to Adrian Beltre's $18MM per year average, and that Kenley and Chapman both eclipse Mariano Rivera's record $15MM average annual value in a contract.) So those raises happen to nearly coincide with Anderson $15.8MM outgoing salary from last season.

Not counting Anderson, we should have about $22MM in additional money in expiring contracts coming off the books, counting the pro-rated portion of the deals we assumed in trades (Hill, Reddick, Chavez).

Oh, also, I failed to mention earlier that Alex Wood is controllable for 4 more seasons, is still very cheap, and he could certainly still be a candidate for the starting rotation too.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Oh, also, I failed to mention earlier that Alex Wood is controllable for 4 more seasons, is still very cheap, and he could certainly still be a candidate for the starting rotation too.

Before his injury this year, it looked like he had finally figured something out. His strikeout ratio was insanely high.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject:

Justice Department sues AT&T-DirecTV, alleges collusion in blocking Dodgers channel

The U.S. Justice Department on Wednesday took the extraordinary step of suing AT&T, alleging that its DirecTV television unit orchestrated an illegal campaign to block wide carriage of the television channel owned by the Los Angeles Dodgers.

In a lawsuit filed in federal court in Los Angeles, the Justice Department accused DirecTV of being a ringleader in an effort to make sure that three other pay-TV companies — Cox Communications, Charter Communications and AT&T (which was then separate from DirecTV) -- would refuse to carry SportsNet LA, the Dodgers-owned TV channel that broadcasts the team’s games.

The lawsuit alleges that the four companies engaged in illegal conduct, sharing nonpublic information among themselves, to gain bargaining leverage in negotiations with Time Warner Cable, which was struggling to get other pay-TV companies to sign up for the service. The companies were steadfast in their resistance to carrying the channel. The government zeroed in on what it said was the coordinated effort because trading information in such a manner is forbidden by U.S. antitrust laws.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-dodgers-channel-antitrust-directv-lawsuit-20161102-story.html
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Justice Department sues AT&T-DirecTV, alleges collusion in blocking Dodgers channel

The U.S. Justice Department on Wednesday took the extraordinary step of suing AT&T, alleging that its DirecTV television unit orchestrated an illegal campaign to block wide carriage of the television channel owned by the Los Angeles Dodgers.

In a lawsuit filed in federal court in Los Angeles, the Justice Department accused DirecTV of being a ringleader in an effort to make sure that three other pay-TV companies — Cox Communications, Charter Communications and AT&T (which was then separate from DirecTV) -- would refuse to carry SportsNet LA, the Dodgers-owned TV channel that broadcasts the team’s games.

The lawsuit alleges that the four companies engaged in illegal conduct, sharing nonpublic information among themselves, to gain bargaining leverage in negotiations with Time Warner Cable, which was struggling to get other pay-TV companies to sign up for the service. The companies were steadfast in their resistance to carrying the channel. The government zeroed in on what it said was the coordinated effort because trading information in such a manner is forbidden by U.S. antitrust laws.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-dodgers-channel-antitrust-directv-lawsuit-20161102-story.html

Tough one for consumers. On one hand SNLA gets carried by all the major carriers, but the price increases for everyone across the board. With more people cord cutting than ever before, there should be more games available on free TV but I guess they won't be able to nickel and dime the consumers for every last cent.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:00 am    Post subject:

Worth noting that Buster Olney is on Mike & Mike right now, of course talking about the World Series, and he noted that it's unlikely that the Cubs would pay Aroldis Chapman's asking price. Olney said that he believes his market will be about $15-17MM per season. Just food for thought when considering how much it's going to cost to keep Kenley. My estimate a couple of days ago was about $16MM, and it seems that Olney is thinking the same thing, roughly. (I think that some teams would prefer Chapman's electric fastball, while some teams might value Jansen higher due to no baggage and also being dominant.)

And since we aren't going to go after Chapman, Kenley may realize that he can use that as leverage. Whatever, I just hope this FO realizes that this isn't just about compiling regular season saves (which a lot of guys can do). This is about the fact that Jansen showed in the postseason that he can go multiple innings. If they could somehow land one more dominant reliever like that--think Andrew Miller--they could shorten games in the postseason significantly. That was their thinking when they wanted Chapman, before nixing it. They wanted to pair him with Kenley. Along those lines, maybe they will pursue a Wade Davis trade, if he checks out as healthy. Miller himself could be available, who knows.

I just hope this offseason goes better than last offseason. I was pretty underwhelmed, and other than the managerial hire, which was a success, I didn't really like our moves too much. There are so many possibilities. Let's hope we see some improvement in the rotation (a true #2 would be nice), some right-handed power in the lineup, re-signing JT and Kenley, and possibly adding another bullpen piece. It all probably won't get done, but it would be nice to cross some checkmarks off the list.

Just spitballing here, I could see a team like KC have legit interest in Yasiel Puig. They like athletes and speed and defense, and he is all of that. And he's also pretty cheap, another thing they like. I could see them wanting to cut payroll a little bit after raising it over the past 2 or 3 years as they made playoff pushes. Wade Davis has a $10MM option that will obviously be picked up, but then he's a free agent. Is one year of Wade Davis worth two years of Puig? If Davis is healthy, I'm probably saying yes, but there were some alarm bells late in the season with Davis. Ultimately, I think I would prefer the other potential Puig deal, the one where you give up Puig and McCarthy and prospect filler for Braun. You'd get 4 years of Braun, who is a difference-making hitter and happens to be right-handed, which is sorely needed on this team. And since that trade doesn't really add payroll for the next 2 years, it still leaves flexibility to do other things.

It's our year next season. I'm predicting a Dodgers vs. Red Sox World Series in 2017.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

--Howie can still play second base and they should move him back there. I respect what Chase Utley brought to the clubhouse, but it's time to go back to Howie.

--My lineup would look something like this, at least against right-handers. This lineup never has two lefties in a row, and I suppose that 6-8 could change depending on who was hotter, but I would like to keep 1-5 the same at all times, barring something unforeseen:
1) Toles
2) Turner
3) Seager
4) Cespedes
5) Gonzalez
6) Kendrick
7) Grandal
8) Pederson

Howie wants to play LF instead of 2B. The Dodgers need to either sign a starting 2B, or trade for a starting 2B.

You're not going to win a championship with this lineup. Way too many holes and inconsistent players. Toles is a bench player and not a starter. Why is Toles starting if guys like Puig and Ethier are better? There is no guarantee the FO can trade them this off-season.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Worth noting that Buster Olney is on Mike & Mike right now, of course talking about the World Series, and he noted that it's unlikely that the Cubs would pay Aroldis Chapman's asking price. Olney said that he believes his market will be about $15-17MM per season. Just food for thought when considering how much it's going to cost to keep Kenley. My estimate a couple of days ago was about $16MM, and it seems that Olney is thinking the same thing, roughly. (I think that some teams would prefer Chapman's electric fastball, while some teams might value Jansen higher due to no baggage and also being dominant.)

And since we aren't going to go after Chapman, Kenley may realize that he can use that as leverage. Whatever, I just hope this FO realizes that this isn't just about compiling regular season saves (which a lot of guys can do). This is about the fact that Jansen showed in the postseason that he can go multiple innings. If they could somehow land one more dominant reliever like that--think Andrew Miller--they could shorten games in the postseason significantly. That was their thinking when they wanted Chapman, before nixing it. They wanted to pair him with Kenley. Along those lines, maybe they will pursue a Wade Davis trade, if he checks out as healthy. Miller himself could be available, who knows.

I just hope this offseason goes better than last offseason. I was pretty underwhelmed, and other than the managerial hire, which was a success, I didn't really like our moves too much. There are so many possibilities. Let's hope we see some improvement in the rotation (a true #2 would be nice), some right-handed power in the lineup, re-signing JT and Kenley, and possibly adding another bullpen piece. It all probably won't get done, but it would be nice to cross some checkmarks off the list.

Just spitballing here, I could see a team like KC have legit interest in Yasiel Puig. They like athletes and speed and defense, and he is all of that. And he's also pretty cheap, another thing they like. I could see them wanting to cut payroll a little bit after raising it over the past 2 or 3 years as they made playoff pushes. Wade Davis has a $10MM option that will obviously be picked up, but then he's a free agent. Is one year of Wade Davis worth two years of Puig? If Davis is healthy, I'm probably saying yes, but there were some alarm bells late in the season with Davis. Ultimately, I think I would prefer the other potential Puig deal, the one where you give up Puig and McCarthy and prospect filler for Braun. You'd get 4 years of Braun, who is a difference-making hitter and happens to be right-handed, which is sorely needed on this team. And since that trade doesn't really add payroll for the next 2 years, it still leaves flexibility to do other things.

It's our year next season. I'm predicting a Dodgers vs. Red Sox World Series in 2017.

Our FO seems to be more focused on winning the regular season than winning the postseason. That and picking up former players or former NL East players. Hopefully Wade Davis falls into that category....

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Our FO seems to be more focused on winning the regular season than winning the postseason. That and picking up former players or former NL East players. Hopefully Wade Davis falls into that category....

There's a good reason for that: because the playoffs are so small (8 teams) and high variance, actually getting to the playoffs is what you should strive for every year. It's all about getting hot at the right time and having an ace, 1-2 hitters and bullpen guy that's on fire. And some luck.

I'd posit that if if A-Gon had been called safe at home in game 4, we might have seen the Dodgers go all the way this year.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject:

^^

I agree with everything you said but where I'm disappointed is thus far, just about EVERY main cog on the Dodgers is from the previous regime. What have they actually done beside churn in quicksand?

I actually gave them credit for Justin Turner but I looked when he was acquired and found out even that one wasn't there's. He came on board February, 2014 to the minors. This current FO regime came that following winter.

Dave Roberts? Kasten had to push for it otherwise it would have been yes-man Kaplan.

Young guys were ALL the previous regime. I'm looking around and I'm not seeing anything. Hill? Maybe? Maeda?

I'll sing a different tune this off-season if they can flip Puig/and Mccarthy's "bargain" contract for Braun.

I'm worried they'll bean count their way into rationalizing reasons NOT to resign Turner/Kenley.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
^^

I agree with everything you said but where I'm disappointed is thus far, just about EVERY main cog on the Dodgers is from the previous regime. What have they actually done beside churn in quicksand?

I actually gave them credit for Justin Turner but I looked when he was acquired and found out even that one wasn't there's. He came on board February, 2014 to the minors. This current FO regime came that following winter.

Dave Roberts? Kasten had to push for it otherwise it would have been yes-man Kaplan.

Young guys were ALL the previous regime. I'm looking around and I'm not seeing anything. Hill? Maybe? Maeda?

I'll sing a different tune this off-season if they can flip Puig/and Mccarthy's "bargain" contract for Braun.

I'm worried they'll bean count their way into rationalizing reasons NOT to resign Turner/Kenley.

You're not wrong. And rwongega is right. We need to get some better players this off season. And we better re-sign Turner and Jansen or else....
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

--Howie can still play second base and they should move him back there. I respect what Chase Utley brought to the clubhouse, but it's time to go back to Howie.

--My lineup would look something like this, at least against right-handers. This lineup never has two lefties in a row, and I suppose that 6-8 could change depending on who was hotter, but I would like to keep 1-5 the same at all times, barring something unforeseen:
1) Toles
2) Turner
3) Seager
4) Cespedes
5) Gonzalez
6) Kendrick
7) Grandal
8) Pederson

Howie wants to play LF instead of 2B. The Dodgers need to either sign a starting 2B, or trade for a starting 2B.

You're not going to win a championship with this lineup. Way too many holes and inconsistent players. Toles is a bench player and not a starter. Why is Toles starting if guys like Puig and Ethier are better? There is no guarantee the FO can trade them this off-season.

I disagree with you on virtually everything, other than if Howie wants to play LF, that's one thing. But personally, I like my outfielders to be familiar with playing the outfield. His bat is not worth as much playing a corner outfield position, and you're sure as hell not getting defensive value with him there. As for Toles, we simply disagree about how good he is. In fact, he's been good at every level, but he ran into off-the-field trouble. It's one thing if you want to argue that he's not reliable because of that. But as a player, I'd just ask you, what have you seen that you don't like? Puig is not a reliable baseball player at this point, and beyond that, seems like an injury risk every year. As for Ethier, I mean, he's past his prime. Puig will have trade value and almost certainly will be dealt IMO. I do agree that they will have a hard time dealing Ethier, and that's fine. If you have to keep him as a high-priced bench player, fine. Or even just cut the cord, I don't care.

As to your statement that the lineup I put forth isn't good, I have no idea how you can make such a claim.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
^^

You're not wrong. And rwongega is right. We need to get some better players this off season. And we better re-sign Turner and Jansen or else....

Yep, Turner wasn't the sabermorons' move. That was actually Colletti and mostly Logan White, who is now with the Padres. White also discovered or was the driving factor in us getting Kershaw, Urias, Jansen, Seager, Kemp, Martin, Ethier, Gordon, Kuroda, Ryu, Gordon, to name a few. Ned made some bad moves but his best was listening to White.

We better not lose Turner and Jansen just because they aren't Friedman/Zaidi's guys aka oft-injured ex Ray/A/NL East players. Neanderthal face and Pakistani George Costanza need to go if those two players leave.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject:

Dodgers trade Carlos Ruiz to Seattle for left-hander Vidal Nuno.

https://twitter.com/McCulloughTimes/status/795487615612895232
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:

Yay, not another ex Ray/A/NL East player. Unfortunately, this one also sucks.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

AJ coming back?
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

AJ coming back?

I hope. But this FO tried to have a pissing match with Kershaw in trading away Ellis so idk. Probably Kurt Suzuki or Dioner Navarro.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Kazmir will not opt-out.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/208254322/scott-kazmir-declines-to-opt-out-of-contract/
The Brain
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Some good news hopefully for Dodger fans in the so cal area:

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/33603906/justice-files-antitrust-suit-against-directv-over-dodgers-broadcasts

Justice Department suing AT&T/DirecTV for their handling of the Dodger channel debacle.

This is why it's bad for these big companies to merge and create all this ruckus. I hope it's not fluff. Dodgers need to be on TV in So Cal or at least not black out 70% of the damn region if we get MLB Extra Innings.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Not surprising to say the least.

Quote:
The Dodgers officially made $17.2 million qualifying offers to Kenley Jansen and Justin Turner. Both will be rejected.

https://twitter.com/McCulloughTimes/status/795753360703901697
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Austin Barnes is going to be the backup catcher. The team thinks he's ready to handle it, and he's very cheap. As for the Ruiz trade, Nuno held a respectable ERA and peripheral stats last season, and can be a lefty long-man out of the pen or even make spot starts, perhaps. And he's still pretty young. He only projects to earn about $1.1MM in arbitration, too, so that's good.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
Kazmir will not opt-out.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/208254322/scott-kazmir-declines-to-opt-out-of-contract/

Why would he? He was deplorable last year and most pitchers when they don a Dodger uniform do worse when they leave the team so GM's aren't going to be giving him the same stupid offers we gave bc he's an ex-A.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Not surprising to say the least.

Quote:
The Dodgers officially made $17.2 million qualifying offers to Kenley Jansen and Justin Turner. Both will be rejected.

https://twitter.com/McCulloughTimes/status/795753360703901697

The sabermoron FO would be tarred and feathered if they lost both to other teams and would be castrated if they lost them w/o making QO's.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 340, 341, 342  Next
Page 4 of 342
Jump to: