Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 340, 341, 342  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
Dodgers have been playing well

Unfortunately the Rockies and Diamondbacks have been as well. Do you guys think they will come back down to earth soon, or is their record legit? NL West looking very strong so far into the season.

Tough to say but they also have really damn good run differential's too so it's not like they're eking out wins and will eventually regress and start losing those close games. 3 of the top 6 run differentials in the NL are all in the NL West. 3 of the best 4 win % are also in the West. It's stupid stacked right now.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Nice job by the guys to pick Kershaw up today after a rare game where he just didn't have it.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:

Unfortunately the Rockies and Diamondbacks have been as well. Do you guys think they will come back down to earth soon, or is their record legit? NL West looking very strong so far into the season.

Tough to say but they also have really damn good run differential's too so it's not like they're eking out wins and will eventually regress and start losing those close games. 3 of the top 6 run differentials in the NL are all in the NL West. 3 of the best 4 win % are also in the West. It's stupid stacked right now.

I don't see Arizona and Colorado keeping up with their pitching numbers. Outside of that Ryu and Maeda have been utter ass.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:

I don't see Arizona and Colorado keeping up with their pitching numbers. Outside of that Ryu and Maeda have been utter ass.

Doubt that we can keep it up but we're on pace for a +255 run differential!!!!!
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Best bullpen in the NL (and top in the league in WAR). This would be the year to make a move. Obviously, we don't send out any major farm components, but there are guys who will available for tier 2/3 prospects.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
nickuku wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:

Yep. If we put that in basketball terms that'd be like a 25-30 ppg differential. Absolutely insane with ryu and maeda a giving up 5 runs every other game
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Nice job by the guys to pick Kershaw up today after a rare game where he just didn't have it.

My Cards stunk up the place, making errors that high school players make. I listened to the game and Cards announcer Mike Shannon went on a tirade about their mistakes. But I am not trying to downgrade the Dodger win, they are clearly the better team. I predict a repeat of last week, Cards somehow steal one.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
nickuku wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:

Yep. If we put that in basketball terms that'd be like a 25-30 ppg differential. Absolutely insane with ryu and maeda a giving up 5 runs every other game

Crazy thing is the Cubs were like +24X last season. That team went wire to wire dominating.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Bellinger with another HR and he showed off his arm gunning down a runner at home plate. Looks like he could find a home in LF.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Bellinger with another HR and he showed off his arm gunning down a runner at home plate. Looks like he could find a home in LF.

Man to go from the corpse of Carl Crawford to this gem.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

1/2 game out of First place...!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

My Cards stunk up the place, making errors that high school players make. I listened to the game and Cards announcer Mike Shannon went on a tirade about their mistakes. But I am not trying to downgrade the Dodger win, they are clearly the better team. I predict a repeat of last week, Cards somehow steal one.

The Cardinals were known for so long as a fundamentally sound team, but in the last 2 seasons, their defense has gone to crap. The only infielder they have now with any range at all is Kolten Wong, and he's iffy with the bat, to say the least. I'm not sure where they are this season, but I believe they led the NL in errors last season.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

His ability to play LF and 1B at least gives the Dodgers flexibility going forward. Once A-Gone's contract expires after next season, they could plug him in at 1B, especially if another outfielder becomes available and/or a prospect like Alex Verdugo proves his worth. But if a first baseman became available somehow, you know you could just let Bellinger play LF. And I still haven't given up on Andrew Toles, a player I like very much.

The Dodgers are so deep. We just need a dominant setup crew in front of Jansen and Kershaw to have a lights out postseason, and I think we can win the whole thing.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

The only really egregious error I saw them make was challenging Bellinger and getting caught at the plate. The Dodgers made a couple of errors that resulted in a run. Leake was dealing it though. Surprised he only got 6 strikeouts because it seemed he got more. St. Louis will have to be careful with bringing up prized prospect Delvin Perez to help their defense, so it doesn't look like immediate help is coming.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject:

This Doyer team is deep, man. Still winning without JT and the starting rotation taking turns going on the DL. I say this for about the 29th year in a row, hope this is the year!
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I'm not too confident on the next 2 games. Maeda and Ryu have been very inconsistent. I think Cards take today's game.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Yankees, Dodgers, and Angels are tops in the league among challenges resulting in a play being overturned.

https://twitter.com/Shauncore/status/869599377068830724

Dodgers with 13/16

LOL @ at the Marlins in last place with 2/11. That's Donnie for ya
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Best bullpen in the NL (and top in the league in WAR). This would be the year to make a move. Obviously, we don't send out any major farm components, but there are guys who will available for tier 2/3 prospects.

No more injury prone ex-A/Ray pitchers or bending over to their former bosses so strongly it suggests they were only here as double agent GM's please.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Jansen has one save this month. Thanks offense

Quote:
Yasiel Puig‏Verified account
@YasielPuig
Sorry for not giving you any save opportunities @kenleyjansen74 #WeLoveYou

Sincerely, Dodgers Bats
https://twitter.com/YasielPuig/status/869760848604135424
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Jansen has one save this month. Thanks offense

Quote:
Yasiel Puig‏Verified account
@YasielPuig
Sorry for not giving you any save opportunities @kenleyjansen74 #WeLoveYou

Sincerely, Dodgers Bats
https://twitter.com/YasielPuig/status/869760848604135424

That's still 1 more save than walks he has issued...all season!
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

No more injury prone ex-A/Ray pitchers or bending over to their former bosses so strongly it suggests they were only here as double agent GM's please.

Are there any ties to the front office and Seattle? Or have the GMs finally branched out to other teams?
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
rwongega wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Are there any ties to the front office and Seattle? Or have the GMs finally branched out to other teams?

Josh Byrnes, our VP and the man who destroyed the Madres, was Jerry DiPoto's longtime boss.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
rwongega wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Josh Byrnes, our VP and the man who destroyed the Madres, was Jerry DiPoto's longtime boss.

Darn... I was really hoping they finally moved out of their comfort zone and can make deals with front offices with no prior relationship. Overall they're doing an okay job. They've found some decent gems. Their big free agent acquisitions have been lacking. I still feel 2018 will be really telling as to what kind of front office the Dodgers have. They better be prepared to wine and dine the best of the free agents... starting with Clayton. Coffee is for closers.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
rwongega wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
rwongega wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Darn... I was really hoping they finally moved out of their comfort zone and can make deals with front offices with no prior relationship. Overall they're doing an okay job. They've found some decent gems. Their big free agent acquisitions have been lacking. I still feel 2018 will be really telling as to what kind of front office the Dodgers have. They better be prepared to wine and dine the best of the free agents... starting with Clayton. Coffee is for closers.

They need a Mitch. I don't look at Friedman/Zaidi as anywhere near intimidating in the conference room. Heck, Zaidi looks like the guy who got shoved in his own locker.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject:

Wood is NL pitcher of the month
https://mobile.twitter.com/MLB/status/870704789599830017

Bellinger is NL rookie of the month
https://mobile.twitter.com/MLB/status/870704481201041408
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 340, 341, 342  Next
Page 31 of 342
Jump to: