Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 340, 341, 342  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Turner is about to re-sign for 4 years and $64MM.

Hell yeah. That + Kenley + Fisher getting fired = Great day in LA!

Yes sir! And I'm still hopeful that the Dodgers can pull something off for Braun or Dozier or someone that can provide a jolt to the lineup. I think that bringing back Kenley and JT is a sign that the team really wants to win now, and maximize this window in Kershaw's prime. So maybe they will be willing to move some of those prospects for another player or 2 that can really help now.

With that in mind, Heyman just posted this:

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman 7m
7 minutes ago

No indication dodgers are out on Dozier, even after today's haul
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Hell yeah. That + Kenley + Fisher getting fired = Great day in LA!

LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Yes sir! And I'm still hopeful that the Dodgers can pull something off for Braun or Dozier or someone that can provide a jolt to the lineup. I think that bringing back Kenley and JT is a sign that the team really wants to win now, and maximize this window in Kershaw's prime. So maybe they will be willing to move some of those prospects for another player or 2 that can really help now.

With that in mind, Heyman just posted this:

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman 7m
7 minutes ago

No indication dodgers are out on Dozier, even after today's haul

Braun has several years left on his deal, so the Brewers would have to be willing to take on some of the Dodgers flotsam to make a deal happen. They'll have to be creative to make the deal work out well for both parties. Dodgers can't afford to just eat up more dead dollars if they wanna stay under the luxury tax threshold. And if they trade for Braun, that'll be truly a WTF moment considering they didn't want to trade so little for Chapman but they're willing to trade for an a-hole who cheated and ruined a guy's professional reputation.

I'll give them credit. They got Jansen and Turner to return. Turner's deal is a bit less than projected, which probably helped LA allocate the money to KJ's contract, and even then it was lower than other offers. They still have a bit of work to do.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Love it. I don't care how much they paid, there is no salary cap in baseball and the Dodgers draw the most fans in the sport.

Love both guys, Turner is all heart and Jansen is arguably the best closer in Dodgers history...old school shout out for 70s legend Mike Marshall.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject:

I think we got a steal for Turner. Yoenis Cespedes got 27/year to Turner's 16. Turner plays 3rd to Cespedes' LF. I personally think Turner is a bettery player at a more diffucult position to find elite hitting at and we're getting him for 59% of the price of Cespedes. That's not even taking into consideration JT's versatility in the field. That's a hell of a home town discount.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Interesting to hear the details of the Jansen deal. Read that the Marlins deal, although bigger, was typical Florida, meaning heavily back-loaded so you know they'll dump him on another team after a couple of years. No wonder Kenley didn't want any part of that disaster.

Dodgers are interested in Greg Holland. They should check to make sure his velocity is over 90. If so, good move even though he's coming off injury (of course). Dozier on the radar would be a good get.

Chicago White Sox could potentially be the biggest winners of this offseason if they continue to grab top prospects in their fire sale. That other Chicago team that did nothing but win the World Series has had a relatively quiet but very productive offseason IMO.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Interesting to hear the details of the Jansen deal. Read that the Marlins deal, although bigger, was typical Florida, meaning heavily back-loaded so you know they'll dump him on another team after a couple of years. No wonder Kenley didn't want any part of that disaster.

Dodgers are interested in Greg Holland. They should check to make sure his velocity is over 90. If so, good move even though he's coming off injury (of course). Dozier on the radar would be a good get.

Chicago White Sox could potentially be the biggest winners of this offseason if they continue to grab top prospects in their fire sale. That other Chicago team that did nothing but win the World Series has had a relatively quiet but very productive offseason IMO.

LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Jansen could opt out after year 3. I think that works for both sides. Jansen would get his last big payday and the Dodgers will have a better understanding of their financial situation.

Interesting to see who the next wave of young players will end up being for the Dodgers. Right now I don't see how Bellinger isn't part of that group since they have no other first basemen prospects of worth. The next two years the Dodgers will have to start transitioning out Gonzalez, Ethier, Kazmir, McCarthy, Ryu, and Puig (assuming he doesn't mature). I can see Bellinger, Verdugo, and Alvarez as the most likely untouchables for the next wave of prospects to be welcomed to the show as replacements.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Marly RiveraVerified account
‏@MarlyRiveraESPN
Team sources say that Kenley Jansen had a better financial offer from the Nationals; decided to "go with his heart"
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0600054672450918849-4
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Quote:
‏@MarlyRiveraESPN
Team sources say that Kenley Jansen had a better financial offer from the Nationals; decided to "go with his heart"

Good man!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Quote:
‏@MarlyRiveraESPN

Good man!

The Nationals' offer had deferred money, also.

I think Bellinger is close to untouchable. I don't see us moving him for, say, Dozier or Kinsler or Braun. Dozier and Kinsler only have 2 years of team control remaining, and Braun comes with baggage, although he's still good. And to jonnybravo's point, Braun is about 80% of the cost of Cespedes over the next 4 years. Braun would greatly help, but we don't necessarily NEED another OF, but we need a 2B. For that reason, I'd think that we'd be willing to part with at least 1 top prospect for a deal for Dozier or Kinsler, but not Braun. I'd give up a decent prospect or 2 for Braun, plus Puig, but not a premium prospect for Braun.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

No ties to the A's, Rays, and the NL/AL East that I'm aware of! We're finally depleting the spreadsheet!

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

No ties to the A's, Rays, and the NL/AL East that I'm aware of! We're finally depleting the spreadsheet!

Hate to burst your bubble, but you know who Kansas City's previous franchise was before it was relocated? Yep... The A's.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
rwongega wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

Hate to burst your bubble, but you know who Kansas City's previous franchise was before it was relocated? Yep... The A's.

Haha, foiled.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:39 am    Post subject:

Glad to hear about the signings. Still got a hole to fill at 2nd base, wonder if they are really going to trade for Brian Dozier.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

That beautiful ginger bastard. I knew he would never leave us.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Major props for both players staying Dodger Blue.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
Glad to hear about the signings. Still got a hole to fill at 2nd base, wonder if they are really going to trade for Brian Dozier.

That would be awesome if we didn't have to give up too much. As long as our pitching health can hold up (I know, I know), I'd roll with this squad. I'd love to get another arm though. Truth be told, I don't know if we can bank on Libertore/Blanton having career years like they did last season. If they regress back to the mean and the starters gave the same performance as last year, we're going to get starched.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Quote:
‏@MarlyRiveraESPN

Good man!

finally some loyalty shown.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

That beautiful ginger bastard. I knew he would never leave us.

love love love JT. Perfect fit for him. Hometown boy.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/justin-turner-massive-bargain/
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Quote:
‏@MarlyRiveraESPN

Good man!

finally some loyalty shown.

I'm pleasantly surprised....I guess him coming up in the Dodgers farm system and having players like Kershaw who came up with him at the same time created some sort of bond that he didn't want to break.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/justin-turner-massive-bargain/

Pretty much what I stated earlier. Comparable hitter to Cespedes at a WAY more diffuclt position with versatility in the field to boot...all that at a pay rate of 59% of Cespedes. We got a steal...just what the doctor ordered. Good on yah, JT...you devil you!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Also, I think Ribby posted a few months ago Turner's $/War and it was pretty much a given he was getting 25 or so, albeit possibly a shorter contract because of his age. That's right in line with what Cespedes got and we got him for so much less. Just an awesome deal.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject:

JT has been my favorite Dodger regular for some time. What a find by our scouting and Colletti.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 340, 341, 342  Next
Page 10 of 342
Jump to: