ESPN Projects Lakers to Have Fewest Wins in NBA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Cochese wrote:
Orlando is looking like a mess right now. Before the season most pundits were concerned about their scoring and so far they look pretty bad. Averaging 92 a game. Too many non scorers on that team.

Ibaka is only averaging 0.7blk a game so far. Seems to have falling in love with being an offensive player and lost his calling card defense in the progress.

Looking like Presti fleeced Henny on that deal in a big way. Sabonis looks really good and Dipo has upside for sure.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
The Logo wrote:
So we have the following next few games:
GSW
Suns
Mavs
@ Kings
@ Pelicans
@ TWolves
Nets

GSW is a loss, but the rest of these teams, I expect us to be competitive against. We'll have both Mozgov and Deng against Phoenix, compared to the last time we played them in the preseason, the Mavs are going to most likely be bad, with Barnes being inconsistent for them, the Kings will be a nice test for us, the Pelicans have trash around Anthony Davis, but it'll still be a tough game, Minnesota will be another tough test, and Brooklyn is a win.

GS is playing a b2b and they've been struggling a bit, so while I obviously don't expect us to win, I wouldn't just call it a lost.

Golden State has really got their team going in the last few games, and is spanking OKC tonight. It obviously took GSW a few games to get that group clicking again - but they're doing it now
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
Bazemore really helped us beat Boston head-to-head and finish above them in 2014. The following year we started Price, Shawne Williams, Jordan Hill, and Wes Johnson with Kobe. Started 1-9. Swaggy returns, we go 2-0. Had the Lakers kept Bazemore, he replaces Kobe instead of Vander Blue and Jabari Brown. He was more a complete player than Ellington.

Without Kelly (as he is gone in this scenario), the Suns are two games closer to us last year than if I had taken Kelly's roster spot(he single handedly lost the home game with them in March). Bazemore would only have to make a 2 game difference in the other 81 games to seriously damage the tank. Though we may still have drafted Dunn and Krystaps, in that scenario.

I think you're spot on. Letting Baze, Davis, Lin and Hill walk helped LA to land DLo and/or Ingram. I'll make that deal every day. Tank was well worth it.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Minnesota at most might have the potential to get 38-40 wins.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject:

I don't expect OKC to win at there current pace, they are relying to much on Westbrook.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
I didn't think the Mavs were going to do well this season. They have Carlisle and all, but I'm pretty underwhelmed with their roster. I think Suns will even out, they were still competitive against really good teams but fumbled it ultimately. They could be a mid 20s-30 win team if healthy

That's how I see it also.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Cochese wrote:
Orlando is looking like a mess right now. Before the season most pundits were concerned about their scoring and so far they look pretty bad. Averaging 92 a game. Too many non scorers on that team.

Ibaka is only averaging 0.7blk a game so far. Seems to have falling in love with being an offensive player and lost his calling card defense in the progress.

Looking like Presti fleeced Henny on that deal in a big way. Sabonis looks really good and Dipo has upside for sure.

Such a dumb trade by the Magic. Gave up so much for a player that seems to have had his best years behind him. While clearly not being a contending team at all.

The problem with that Magic organization is that while they had the right idea of building a young core (like this Lakers team), the problem is, they made half measures. They didn't at all tank hard enough and instead ended up with average-above average talent without any star/future star there. The closest player they have to that is Vucevic and he's a Center that can't play defense for (bleep).

They have some nice young role players but that trade sets them back a bit because Sabonis would have helped a lot more. The only bright side is that they have a chance to really tank hard this season in a really good draft and THIS TIME, draft a great player.

Guys like Elfrid Payton, Aaron Gordon, Mario Hezonja, etc just won't cut it.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I don't expect OKC to win at there current pace, they are relying to much on Westbrook.

I'm actually leaning towards agreeing. I have a hard time believing Westbrook will last this long at his current pace. If he tries, he's gonna crash and burn or worse, suffer a bad injury.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Cochese wrote:

Such a dumb trade by the Magic. Gave up so much for a player that seems to have had his best years behind him. While clearly not being a contending team at all.

The problem with that Magic organization is that while they had the right idea of building a young core (like this Lakers team), the problem is, they made half measures. They didn't at all tank hard enough and instead ended up with average-above average talent without any star/future star there. The closest player they have to that is Vucevic and he's a Center that can't play defense for (bleep).

They have some nice young role players but that trade sets them back a bit because Sabonis would have helped a lot more. The only bright side is that they have a chance to really tank hard this season in a really good draft and THIS TIME, draft a great player.

Guys like Elfrid Payton, Aaron Gordon, Mario Hezonja, etc just won't cut it.

Ibaka can walk after this season as well, which makes the move even worse.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I'm actually leaning towards agreeing. I have a hard time believing Westbrook will last this long at his current pace. If he tries, he's gonna crash and burn or worse, suffer a bad injury.

Westbrook is actually simlar to LeBron, he avoids injuries most of the time, problem with OKC is that they don't really have a lot of depth despite having a lot of real solid players on there team.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject:

About Orlando: I guess they didn't want to pay both Fournier and Oladipo. I don't watch them much, but apparently Oladipo and Payton didn't fit well together. I think they could have made a better trade. I'm not high on Oladipo, but I don't think Ibaka was the right move for them.

To make things worse, Pop has turned Dewayne freakin Dedmon into a solid rotation player.
lakerMark
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:39 am    Post subject:

The Lakers have the best young core in the nba especially if Dlo can become Mike Conley at minimum. Everybody wants to anoint the Timberwolves as having the best young core but we have 4 legitimate NBA players that have improved there game more than other young players in this league. They will learn how to close out games it was Kobe's 3rd year in the NBA before he became our closer.
Johsun
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:03 am    Post subject:

lakerMark wrote:
The Lakers have the best young core in the nba especially if Dlo can become Mike Conley at minimum. Everybody wants to anoint the Timberwolves as having the best young core but we have 4 legitimate NBA players that have improved there game more than other young players in this league. They will learn how to close out games it was Kobe's 3rd year in the NBA before he became our closer.

I don’t know. If LaVine can continue his form from the start of the season they have two players in LaVine and Wiggins that average more than 20ppg at 21 years of age. And KAT is… well KAT. He sure is looking good out there on the court. Dunn actually started slower than I expected, but there is still potential there. Of course there are more to it than just looking at stats. But it does not seem so unreasonable to rate Minnesota’s young core a step ahead of the Lakers. Then again, I would not go as far as to say than someone preferring the Lakers young core is totally wrong either.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject:

Johsun wrote:
lakerMark wrote:

I don’t know. If LaVine can continue his form from the start of the season they have two players in LaVine and Wiggins that average more than 20ppg at 21 years of age. And KAT is… well KAT. He sure is looking good out there on the court. Dunn actually started slower than I expected, but there is still potential there. Of course there are more to it than just looking at stats. But it does not seem so unreasonable to rate Minnesota’s young core a step ahead of the Lakers. Then again, I would not go as far as to say than someone preferring the Lakers young core is totally wrong either.

Lakers-Minny is gonna be a great matchup in 2-3 years.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject:

There's no way this team is the worst, or close to the worst in the league. If they get, and stay healthy, they should be able to get to the .500 level with their home games while they learn lessons to grow from on the road. I've been saying it and won't stop...this team is better than most people think and better than most Lakers fans who don't want to sound like homers, have been willing to admit.

As time goes by, Ingram will begin asserting himself offensively, and Nance and even Zubac will make necessary contributions above what they've done already, and that will make it easier for each of the others to play their own roles. I foresee some of that happening in the next 10-15 games, and the 2nd half of the season will be the Lakers imposing their will on other teams.

Last in the league.....lol.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject:

I said it in the game thread, if this team is the worst team in the West I will kiss all your asses.
Alexisonfire26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Suck it BSPN !

Lakers, Rams, Giants, UCLA, Galaxy, Everton, USMNT
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject:

I didn't expect winning games so early in the season but winning against teams like Atlanta and GS really surprises me. Of course it's a back to back for them, so was the previous game for us.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject:

I was expecting to be a bottom 5 team. The first 6 games so far has me hoping we can make a run for that 8th seed. Still very early though.
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Like I and many others said. This team is good, they are just young. ESPN is looking like complete fools so far and I love it every time they have to write an article After we win
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I said it in the game thread, if this team is the worst team in the West I will kiss all your asses.

Just kiss Kobe's ass, its long overdue.

!...
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: ESPN Projects Lakers to Have Fewest Wins in NBA

Math wrote:
Brooklyn - 29.3 wins
Phoenix - 28.9 wins
Philly - 25.9 wins
Lakers - 24.3 wins

This just in.....

lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
Sad that I'm not surprised. Not because it's ESPN but because we actually suck.

KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't be surprised if ESPN retroactively edits this when the season ends. Remember Chad Ford doing this with his draft boards? They are frauds. All of them are frauds. They are hemorrhaging subscribers each month.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject:

The Mavs look like the first team to embrace the tank. Dirk gets his retirement money and the Mavs can do a stealth tank/rebuild around Barnes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16
Jump to: