*** 2016-17 General NBA Game Discussion Thread ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

PrairieAve wrote:
Another unfortunate injury at the twilight of CP3's career. Window is closed.

Injuries aren't the biggest threat to his career...the Warriors are....
The Clippers will never get out of the west and even if they do they won't beat the Cavs.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject:

PrairieAve wrote:

Isn't it just his thumb? Not serious right? It's the Clippers, window was never open
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
PrairieAve wrote:

Isn't it just his thumb? Not serious right? It's the Clippers, window was never open

Whats funny is that free agent move of DJ a couple of offseasons ago is looking like its pretty irrelevant...Clippers will probably not get past the 2nd round and the Mavs are basically rebuilding at this point.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject:

TNT with a nice dose of reality for the Clippers fans....
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject:

OKC and Cavs definitely treated todays games like they were on holiday....what a crappy double header.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject:

I think LeBron has been on breezy street all year. When the playoffs come around I think he dominates...

I think GS is one year away from taking the crown back though. If they stay together?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
PrairieAve wrote:

Guess I was wrong. Out 6-8 weeks with a thumb injury.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi with four straight 30+ point games shooting 60% or better from the field after tonight's win vs. the Timberwolves ... he murdered Andrew Wiggins again, too, in the process. Nice bounceback from several weeks of inconsistent play, although we took the brunt of some of that recovery. Anyway, coupling his past accolades with little runs like this one (33+ PPG on 67% shooting [56% from distance and 87% from the line] during this four game stretch) for a non-lottery pick is pretty special. (bleep) the tank, let's work toward uncovering gems outside the lottery ...
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
Kawhi with four straight 30+ point games shooting 60% or better from the field after tonight's win vs. the Timberwolves ... he murdered Andrew Wiggins again, too, in the process. Nice bounceback from several weeks of inconsistent play, although we took the brunt of some of that recovery. Anyway, coupling his past accolades with little runs like this one (33+ PPG on 67% shooting [56% from distance and 87% from the line] during this four game stretch) for a non-lottery pick is pretty special. (bleep) the tank, let's work toward uncovering gems outside the lottery ...

Except, if the Lakers don't land a Top 3 pick, they don't have a 1st rounder at all.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
the association wrote:

Except, if the Lakers don't land a Top 3 pick, they don't have a 1st rounder at all.

Even during a season when the likelihood of retaining our first round pick is low, it's always possible to execute a trade that lands a first rounder (esp. a mid- to late first round pick) in a deep draft class, right? Not sure how feasible this year, but something to think about ... obviously, it's not as easy as "get non-lottery draft pick, land Kawhi Leonard", but there are so many effective NBA players now that fell outside the lottery ... not as many at Kawhi's or Jimmy Butler's level, but just below that level lies an army of talent. The pressure of acquitting oneself after being a Top 3 pick is high ...

In a typical deep draft, I'd tend to prefer something like the 11th pick and the 21st pick than the 3rd pick anyway ... or the 15th and 17th picks, etc.

Hey, are you ready to revise your position on Kawhi? He's been a little inconsistent on both ends this season, IMO, but you have to admit that you're surprised at his development on the offensive end (considering your position in the past) ...
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
the association wrote:

Even during a season when the likelihood of retaining our first round pick is low, it's always possible to execute a trade that lands a first rounder (esp. a mid- to late first round pick) in a deep draft class, right? Not sure how feasible this year, but something to think about ... obviously, it's not as easy as "get non-lottery draft pick, land Kawhi Leonard", but there are so many effective NBA players now that fell outside the lottery ... not as many at Kawhi's or Jimmy Butler's level, but just below that level lies an army of talent. The pressure of acquitting oneself after being a Top 3 pick is high ...

In a typical deep draft, I'd tend to prefer something like the 11th pick and the 21st pick than the 3rd pick anyway ... or the 15th and 17th picks, etc.

Hey, are you ready to revise your position on Kawhi? He's been a little inconsistent on both ends this season, IMO, but you have to admit that you're surprised at his development on the offensive end (considering your position in the past) ...

This draft class isn't as deep as previous drafts.

What do I have to revise my position on Kawhi?

the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
the association wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
the association wrote:

This draft class isn't as deep as previous drafts.

What do I have to revise my position on Kawhi?

I don't follow the draft and its prospects nearly as closely as you, but I was under the impression that 2017 was considered a very deep draft class (presuming the usual one-and-done suspects). Not just in comparison to 2013, but more promising classes over the past 10 years, as well.

Re: Kawhi, I didn't track down the thread, but I recall jousting with you re: Kawhi's capacity to take his game to the next level. Didn't you take the position that he couldn't create his own shot, nor could he be the #1 option on any team, much less a top team? Am I confusing you with someone else?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Re: Kawhi, I didn't track down the thread, but I recall jousting with you re: Kawhi's capacity to take his game to the next level. Didn't you take the position that he couldn't create his own shot, nor could he be the #1 option on any team, much less a top team? Am I confusing you with someone else?

No it's me. I still watch him, and does the same thing. There aren't really advanced ball-handling moves. His scoring opportunities are incredibly simplified. Kawhi has always been the exception, rather than the norm of typical NBA development. Fortunately he has the hands and wingspan to compensate, and he's had a ridiculous month.

Quote:
but I was under the impression that 2017 was considered a very deep draft class (presuming the usual one-and-done suspects).

These deep talent at the top, but I don't think 1st round-type talent goes into the mid 2nd round or anything.

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Wow. Shaqtin travel RussRuss. Lol
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject:

That was 5 steps....
Westbrook on the Thunder reminds me of Kobe back in those awful Laker teams from 2005-2007....trying to do everything to will his team to a win.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Rudy Gay might have tore his achilles. Dude was angling for one last big contract too. Poor bastard.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

For the curious:

https://streamable.com/3k8je

Boy, that was an Odom caliber of knuckleheaded-ness.

Remember this gem by our boy?

I can't believe this was a decade ago. I'm sad.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
TDRock wrote:

For the curious:

https://streamable.com/3k8je

Boy, that was an Odom caliber of knuckleheaded-ness.

Remember this gem by our boy?

I can't believe this was a decade ago. I'm sad.

Curry's reaction is pretty good ...

And did you see JaVale McGee on the bench rolling his eyes and shaking his head like, "No, no, no!" ... yeah, me neither.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Golden State, its players and its fans continue to be the biggest douchebags in the NBA this season, without rival. Draymond's still Draymond. Klay's still Klay. When he's front running on the court, Steph's still Steph. The fans are still obnoxious AF. And now here comes Zaza Pachulia to replace Andrew Bogut as the despicable POS in the middle.

The great news is that Westbrook has no self-control, so that dude Pachulia is as good as (bleep) dead when they meet next, on or off the court. He almost murdered his former teammate Jeremy Lamb on a handshake line once, so I'd start winding down my shopping at Costco right now if Zaza was my name ...

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject:

Durant destroyed his old team again, outplayed Westbrook again, still refuses to bash him in the media or get into the drama, while Westbrook still shades Durant and is calling out Zaza after the game.

He talked about what he was gonna do after the first game he got owned, and now in his second game where he had 10 TO he's calling out Zaza.

Ain't much more Westbrook can do right now, the world knows who the better player is and what OKC is without him and with Westbrook in charge instead.

Oh well though, at least Westbrook has February to try to get the team back, but people best stop acting like Westbrook is Kobe or something. When Kobe said he's gonna get someone back, it usually meant a 60+ point game.

Westbrook said it after the first game, nothing changed in the second game. We'll see about the third.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK3pfYs1p38

Golden State, its players and its fans continue to be the biggest douchebags in the NBA this season, without rival. Draymond's still Draymond. Klay's still Klay. When he's front running on the court, Steph's still Steph. The fans are still obnoxious AF. And now here comes Zaza Pachulia to replace Andrew Bogut as the despicable POS in the middle.

Yeah ZaZa was trippin. For his sake I hope he has a good game next time they play OKC. But Klay is literally one of the most non-descript stars in the league. What did he do?

(Aside from not come home to the Lakers like I want him to)
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Durant destroyed his old team again, outplayed Westbrook again, still refuses to bash him in the media or get into the drama, while Westbrook still shades Durant and is calling out Zaza after the game.

He talked about what he was gonna do after the first game he got owned, and now in his second game where he had 10 TO he's calling out Zaza.

Ain't much more Westbrook can do right now, the world knows who the better player is and what OKC is without him and with Westbrook in charge instead.

Oh well though, at least Westbrook has February to try to get the team back, but people best stop acting like Westbrook is Kobe or something. When Kobe said he's gonna get someone back, it usually meant a 60+ point game.

Westbrook said it after the first game, nothing changed in the second game. We'll see about the third.

One of these players was surrounded by Victor Oladipo, Enes Kanter and a bunch of spare parts. The other player was surrounded by three All NBA players, and at least three or four other teammates who would start on OKC right now. And the game was played in Oakland. Not sure what you were expecting tonight, but how would the outcome have changed if Westbrook had been the one who had left OKC for Golden State, with Durant left behind to carry the water for the Thunder?

As for Zaza, I'll be stunned if there aren't physical consequences the next time he crosses paths with Westbrook ...
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Knicks have very low basketball IQ, which is why they are losing all these close games.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject:

How are the T'Wolves this awful?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject:

This game is panic boring.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 35 of 47
Jump to: