2017 Lakers Draft Discussion Thread ** DRAFT DAY** (2: Ball, 27: Kuzma, 30: Hart and 42: Bryant )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 440, 441, 442 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who you got after Fultz?
Lonzo Ball
75%
 75%  [ 315 ]
Josh Jackson
15%
 15%  [ 64 ]
Jayson Tatum
1%
 1%  [ 8 ]
De'Aaron Fox
4%
 4%  [ 20 ]
Malik Monk
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
Jonathan Isaac
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 416

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject:

DD20045 wrote:
Draft Express just updated their Mock

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2017/

Giles is almost there
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
22 wrote:
GT what are your thoughts if Ball winds up in Philly with Simmons?

They'd be fun in transition but I don't really love his fit there. They need perimeter guys who can create their own shot and Ball isn't really that. I think Fultz is a much better fit there.

way to take a bold position
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DD20045 wrote:

Giles is almost there

if that's how the top 3 goes i'll take JJ anyday
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
22 wrote:

They'd be fun in transition but I don't really love his fit there. They need perimeter guys who can create their own shot and Ball isn't really that. I think Fultz is a much better fit there.

You don't think Simmons can work there as the PG?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
22 wrote:

way to take a bold position

Well I think Ball is a better fit with the Lakers, so there's that. Although I'd still draft Fultz.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Diallo at 33 on that latest DX mock
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Jeff Goodman ✔ @GoodmanESPN
Former LSU guard Antonio Blakeney told ESPN he has signed with Aaron Turner.
4:02 PM - 25 Apr 2017
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
22 wrote:

You don't think Simmons can work there as the PG?

I think Simmons is essentially a big Rondo at PG, without the experience. His lack of shooting is really problematic IMO. Very difficult to have a good PnR game when you can go under all of the time.

Simmons is obviously a brilliant passer, I just don't think the PG spot is the best way to use that.
romeo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
romeo wrote:
2011 draft had derrick williams drafted 2nd, klay thompson drafted 11th, kawhi leonard drafted 15th, jimmy butler drafted 30th, isaiah thomas drafted 60th.

ive said it before, but if we keep the pick, and after workouts(big factor we all WONT see, at least not in depth), and there is no clear cut #2-3 player, then i would explore trading down for sac's 2 picks if theyre open to trading it. markannen might be the next dirk, DSJ could be a steal, we see the argument for isaacs potential, tatum or fox might fall. 2 picks in the top 10(see sig.) would be nice, we'd have so much youth id probably make trades before 2018 free agency hits.

jerry west had kobe go against michael cooper when he worked out for them, if i was magic id put ingram against tatum and jackson and d.lo against all the guards. that would be awesome, but i dont think any of their agents would be ok with that

DLO went against Chris Paul last year.

But I definitely remember the rationale with Derrick Williams going #2. Dude was supposed to be borderline elite athlete + unicorn 4. Shot was on fire behind the arc in the tourney.

Klay slipped because he was deemed just a shooter.

Kawhi slipped because he was a 'tweener in the worst way. Played PF in a SF body.

Isaiah slipped because height.

my point in listing those guys was more to open up the idea in trading the 2 or 3 pick if the opportunity was there and there wasnt a clear guy to draft if we kept it; to have "2 shots" of drafting a star/fanchise player w/ more than 1 pick in the top 10 since those later guys werent top 3 at the time and this draft class is "deep"
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
Diallo at 33 on that latest DX mock

I did not see that....would love to see his workout.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject:

I hope the Lakers will consider Star Wars with the 28th pick.
romeo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DD20045 wrote:

Giles is almost there

id take giles at 28, but dont we want guys who can spread the floor at the 4?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject:

This draft is incredibly deep. from top to bottom it may go down as one of the very best drafts in the past 8-10 years

(also don't like Giles/injury prone players)
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
MJST wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Yup.

This is why if we draft Ball or Fultz, and given our experience with DLO/Ingram, we need to have some modicum of patience. Hopefully the knives aren't drawn on them at SPL like they were for DLO.

I'd suspect that Fultz at #1 would be the least hated guy that we could draft, because it'd be the least controversial pick.

Drafting Lonzo and watching him learn how to run PnR and set up organized offense while Josh Jackson throws down a couple of highlight dunks in transition would make things fun around here.

I would assume that the thing that would "set people off" in the same way was if the Lakers got the first pick and drafted Jackson or Ball with it.

Yep. I learned this year that how good people feel about a player and who they wanted in the first place at that pick were one & the same.

This is why I think drafting Jackson (who I like) or Tatum (who I don't) over Ball at #2 (consensus) would have the most adverse forum consequences.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
MJST wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Yup.

This is why if we draft Ball or Fultz, and given our experience with DLO/Ingram, we need to have some modicum of patience. Hopefully the knives aren't drawn on them at SPL like they were for DLO.

I'd suspect that Fultz at #1 would be the least hated guy that we could draft, because it'd be the least controversial pick.

Drafting Lonzo and watching him learn how to run PnR and set up organized offense while Josh Jackson throws down a couple of highlight dunks in transition would make things fun around here.

I would assume that the thing that would "set people off" in the same way was if the Lakers got the first pick and drafted Jackson or Ball with it.

Yep. I learned this year that how good people feel about a player and who they wanted in the first place at that pick were one & the same.

This is why I think drafting Jackson (who I like) or Tatum (who I don't) over Ball at #2 (consensus) would have the most adverse forum consequences.

FWIW, I think that would be mitigated by the likelihood (IMO) that Lonzo starts off slow.

I think people would grow fond of Jackson pretty quickly too. He's an athlete with a high motor and very eye-testy. (which is not to dismiss him as a prospect beyond that)
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject:

romeo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
romeo wrote:
2011 draft had derrick williams drafted 2nd, klay thompson drafted 11th, kawhi leonard drafted 15th, jimmy butler drafted 30th, isaiah thomas drafted 60th.

ive said it before, but if we keep the pick, and after workouts(big factor we all WONT see, at least not in depth), and there is no clear cut #2-3 player, then i would explore trading down for sac's 2 picks if theyre open to trading it. markannen might be the next dirk, DSJ could be a steal, we see the argument for isaacs potential, tatum or fox might fall. 2 picks in the top 10(see sig.) would be nice, we'd have so much youth id probably make trades before 2018 free agency hits.

jerry west had kobe go against michael cooper when he worked out for them, if i was magic id put ingram against tatum and jackson and d.lo against all the guards. that would be awesome, but i dont think any of their agents would be ok with that

DLO went against Chris Paul last year.

But I definitely remember the rationale with Derrick Williams going #2. Dude was supposed to be borderline elite athlete + unicorn 4. Shot was on fire behind the arc in the tourney.

Klay slipped because he was deemed just a shooter.

Kawhi slipped because he was a 'tweener in the worst way. Played PF in a SF body.

Isaiah slipped because height.

my point in listing those guys was more to open up the idea in trading the 2 or 3 pick if the opportunity was there and there wasnt a clear guy to draft if we kept it; to have "2 shots" of drafting a star/fanchise player w/ more than 1 pick in the top 10 since those later guys werent top 3 at the time and this draft class is "deep"

Not all draft classes are the same.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
MJST wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Yup.

I think the transition takes place once a person begins defending a position....which leads to the emotional investment in the player...."how dare you say I am wrong".....it is very hard to maintain any level of objectivity once you feel your judgment has been challenged.

The first time I came in this thread, I was asking about Tatum. I had seen a couple Duke games, and he played ok, but it was very obvious he was more talented than those around him. Within a couple weeks, I was a Fultz guy like most others.....then I began to flirt with Jackson, and he quickly won my basketball heart. Once I began to defend that thought, I knew the days of remaining objective were in the past.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject:

^To me, that's what makes it weird.

Josh Jackson, in years past, would have easily been my #1 guy with prior thought processes with the draft.

nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
This draft is incredibly deep. from top to bottom it may go down as one of the very best drafts in the past 8-10 years

I've heard the same about Julius class in the past
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Julius showed most of his HS athleticism at Kentucky.

Giles, at Duke, has not. It's like watching 70% of what's there.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
nash wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

but I am not drafting Giles from Duke, I am taking an upside flyer that more time has allowed him to get closer to that guy that would have certainly been a lottery pick. He looked much better in the last couple games than he did in the first few....which tells me time will help to some degree.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
nash wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

but I am not drafting Giles from Duke, I am taking an upside flyer that more time has allowed him to get closer to that guy that would have certainly been a lottery pick. He looked much better in the last couple games than he did in the first few....which tells me time will help to some degree.

I wonder if he'll compete in player workouts/medical files get released to teams.

I didn't worry about injuries when it came to Caris Levert. Even when I watch him in New Jersey, I still see 85% of the athleticism. But I thought so much of his 6'5"/7' wingspan, overall speed, and killer first step, that I didn't even care. He showed it before he got hurt his last year at Michigan.

DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
MJST wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Yup.

I'd be thrilled with Jackson. I like both him and ball more than Tatum though. I have to admit, I'd be fairly upset if they took Tatum at 3, but I couldn't complain because at least we actually kept the pick. Jackson or ball for me 100%
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
MJST wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Yup.

I'd be thrilled with Jackson. I like both him and ball more than Tatum though. I have to admit, I'd be fairly upset if they took Tatum at 3, but I couldn't complain because at least we actually kept the pick. Jackson or ball for me 100%

I think I'll be disappointed if we don't draft one of the Fultz/Ball/Jackson trio. 44theLogo might be able to talk me into Monk but I don't think so.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
MJST wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Yup.

I think I'll be disappointed if we don't draft one of the Fultz/Ball/Jackson trio. 44theLogo might be able to talk me into Monk but I don't think so.

My only fear is that Lonzo makes Magic feel all nostalgic and Luke is enamored with the team concept carries that they become blinded and thus we'd pass on Fultz for Ball.

Really my only draft concern sans not keeping the pick.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 440, 441, 442 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next
Page 441 of 1281
Jump to: