2017 Lakers Draft Discussion Thread ** DRAFT DAY** (2: Ball, 27: Kuzma, 30: Hart and 42: Bryant )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 683, 684, 685 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who you got after Fultz?
Lonzo Ball
75%
 75%  [ 315 ]
Josh Jackson
15%
 15%  [ 64 ]
Jayson Tatum
1%
 1%  [ 8 ]
De'Aaron Fox
4%
 4%  [ 20 ]
Malik Monk
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
Jonathan Isaac
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 416

ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Serena Winters‏ @SerenaWinters · 1m1 minute ago

Working out at the Lakers facility:

Dominique Hawkins, Kyle Kuzma, Thomas Bryant, V.J. Beachem, Andrew White and Nigel Williams-Goss

Thomas Bryant.... Yes please

+1, but I'm a Hoosier so I'm a bit biased. Still, he's a big boy who can bang and hit the outside shot. Would not be disappointed.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject:

Tania g wrote:
Watching workouts: Magic, Rob, Luke, Joey & Jesse Buss, Ryan West, Bill Bertka, Brian Shaw. Saw D'Angelo Russell hovering around earlier.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Tania g wrote:
Watching workouts: Magic, Rob, Luke, Joey & Jesse Buss, Ryan West, Bill Bertka, Brian Shaw. Saw D'Angelo Russell hovering around earlier.

Nice.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

Zu and Larry are there working out too, or something
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Looking at pick #28 for a moment. Especially at the PF/SF prospects.

Run with the hypothetical that Randle is traded. Not advocating just looking at the possibility since so many seem to include him I trade proposals. Leaving current PF as Nance, possibly Deng or Black. Perhaps Robinson if re-signed.

Thoughts on any of the prospects being able to step in and contribute?

Any standouts from the likely group of Leaf, Ojeleye, Jordan, Wilson, maybe Swanigan? I am sure I am leaving a couple out. I have seen discussions on a couple but others not so much.

Jordon seems pretty well rounded to me in this scenario. So does Swanigan. Thoughts?

Personally, I'd prefer to take a gamble on one of these athletic centers and let him develop slowly like the Clippers did with DJ and the Jazz did with Gobert. We've got Zu and Moz (for now) so I think we can afford to gamble at that position. That Jeanne kid from France looks like a really intriguing project.

I wouldn't mind taking a shot. But a defensive beast lik bell from Oregon would be a great pick
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Dominique Hawkins, Kyle Kuzma, Thomas Bryant, V.J. Beachem, Andrew White and Nigel Williams-Goss

+1, but I'm a Hoosier so I'm a bit biased. Still, he's a big boy who can bang and hit the outside shot. Would not be disappointed.

Could you give us some more insight? At that size with his wingspan, why is he so low on mocks? Is there something negative about his play, his BBALLIQ?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Tania g wrote:

Was it a 6'10 gangly man with a DLO mask face on who signed it under "Kitch Mupchack?"
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject:

Something about Bell, warts and all, really intrigues me. I know he can't shoot but that motor and defensive versatility...
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
Before the season, DX had Lonzo as the number 4 prospect... in the pac 12. Fultz was 1. Markkanen was 2. Rabb was 3. I can't find old national rankings but I think it's safe to assume he was outside the top 10. So Lonzo has climbed quite a bit throughout the season. I saw a bleacher report mock before the season where he was 19.

Look at the article below from 2016

Bleacher report mock before the season with Lonzo at 19. Fultz was 1.

I can't find other old mocks or I would share as well. I just remember Lonzo not being ranked top 5 or even top 10. I got excited because I thought he might stay in school. I also assumed the Lakers wouldn't keep their pick.

I used archive.org to find the mocks for DX and NBADraft.net (lol) in early September. DX had Lonzo at 13 and NBADraft.net had Lonzo at 9.

Nice thanks.

Also, I think some thought that my initial post meant I was not high on Lonzo which isn't true. I would take him at #1 and I've felt that way for a long time.
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Something about Bell, warts and all, really intrigues me. I know he can't shoot but that motor and defensive versatility...

The more I look at bell the more I like him. Raised ft to 70 from 50 I think the shooting can come
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

great role player possibility. not even close to the same level of passer draymond is and very unlikely to ever develop a shot, but could be a similar force on the defensive end. draymond's D without his O is still a valuable player, especially out of a late pick. nearly identical measurables, defensive impact potential, and rebounding.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

great role player possibility. not even close to the same level of passer draymond is and very unlikely to ever develop a shot, but could be a similar force on the defensive end. draymond's D without his O is still a valuable player, especially out of a late pick. nearly identical measurables, defensive impact potential, and rebounding.

Yeah. Dude was the heart/soul of that Oregon team's defense. His block rate, whoa.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yinoma2001 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Could you give us some more insight? At that size with his wingspan, why is he so low on mocks? Is there something negative about his play, his BBALLIQ?

I think some of it has to do with the team underachieving last season, which could be attributed to the coach just as well as the immaturity of the players. I suspect he would have gone higher had they made the tournament. Needs to work on his footwork but the tools are there. I'd bet if he'd stayed in school another year he'd be a lottery pick.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

yinoma2001 wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah. Dude was the heart/soul of that Oregon team's defense. His block rate, whoa.

a lot of really intriguing guys at 28. would not be upset if we took any number of them
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But more athletic than Draymond - he could be a dangerous roll man and finisher in transition.

It's hard to fake a 13+ BPM, though it's not a guarantee of success for older, low usage defensive bigs like Bell.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But more athletic than Draymond - he could be a dangerous roll man and finisher in transition.

It's hard to fake a 13+ BPM, though it's not a guarantee of success for older, low usage defensive bigs like Bell.

Speaking of which, the Lakers really should've gotten Chinanu Onuaku in the Lou Will for Brewer trade. Watch out for that kid.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Speaking of which, the Lakers really should've gotten Chinanu Onuaku in the Lou Will for Brewer trade. Watch out for that kid.

I imagine Houston wouldn't have wanted to give him up
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Michael Scotto: Former Pittsburgh star Jamel Artis has workouts lined up with the Lakers on Tuesday & Rockets on Wednesday, source told Basketball Insiders.
– via Twitter MikeAScotto

Michael Scotto: Michigan guard Zak Irvin, coming off an impressive Lakers workout, is on his way to the Bucks on Tuesday. Bucks pick 48th in the 2nd round.
via Twitter MikeAScotto
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I imagine Houston wouldn't have wanted to give him up

True, but a boy can dream.

He and McCaw being successful second rounders out of that draft would really be a feather in the cap of draft analytics. Most models I saw had Onuaku among the top ten last year with McCaw often in the 10-20 range.

Btw, what lower mocked prospect do draft models seem to love this year?

A: Leaf.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject:

Tania Ganguli‏Verified account @taniaganguli 52m52 minutes ago
More

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/866715010373787648
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

Serena Winters @SerenaWinters

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

Tania Ganguli‏Verified account @taniaganguli 58m58 minutes ago
More
Jordan Clarkson, Ivica Zubac, Larry Nance Jr. and D'Angelo Russell out here practicing after the draft workout.

Tania Ganguli‏Verified account @taniaganguli 55m55 minutes ago
More
Brandon Ingram sighting!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

Yep. All the drafted kids are there for voluntary workout.

Julius
JC
DLo
Nance
Brown
Ingram
Zubac

Well, 6 out of 7 aint bad.
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think some of it has to do with the team underachieving last season, which could be attributed to the coach just as well as the immaturity of the players. I suspect he would have gone higher had they made the tournament. Needs to work on his footwork but the tools are there. I'd bet if he'd stayed in school another year he'd be a lottery pick.

He doesn't really have very good instincts as a rebounder or a shot blocker, which is what you need him to be since his offense is also pretty raw. He's got the physical tools you look for in a C, but doesn't really use them the way you'd hope for. By contrast, a guy like Bell doesn't really have great measurables but he's a defensive monster because he has great instincts on that end.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject:

http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/teams/lakers/2017/05/22/1495481763690-170522kuzma-kyle-1436411

Ben Simm... er Kyle Kuzma post workout interview.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 683, 684, 685 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next
Page 684 of 1281
Jump to: