2017 Lakers Draft Discussion Thread ** DRAFT DAY** (2: Ball, 27: Kuzma, 30: Hart and 42: Bryant )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1135, 1136, 1137 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who you got after Fultz?
Lonzo Ball
75%
 75%  [ 315 ]
Josh Jackson
15%
 15%  [ 64 ]
Jayson Tatum
1%
 1%  [ 8 ]
De'Aaron Fox
4%
 4%  [ 20 ]
Malik Monk
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
Jonathan Isaac
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 416

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Quote:
@TheUndefeated

If you thought De’Aaron @SwipaTheFox hated losing at basketball, challenge him to a video game (Hollywood, CA)

^ Fox is currently in California. Start your speculations!

More than half the NBA resides in California in the offseason.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Quote:
@TheUndefeated

If you thought De’Aaron @SwipaTheFox hated losing at basketball, challenge him to a video game (Hollywood, CA)

^ Fox is currently in California. Start your speculations!

He's actually in Bristol,CT doing rounds at ESPN today.... so that's old from the Undefeated
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Phoenix Suns have discussed a trade to move up in the draft with both the Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics with sources saying Lonzo Ball is the target.

The Suns also have interest in Josh Jackson, who may also not reach them at No. 4.

Phoenix has multiple future first round picks from the Miami Heat.

If Ball and Jackson are unavailable for the Suns, they are likely to decide between Jayson Tatum, De'Aaron Fox and Jonathan Isaac.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246311/Suns-Discuss-Moving-Up-In-Draft-With-Lakers-Celtics
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
The Phoenix Suns have discussed a trade to move up in the draft with both the Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics with sources saying Lonzo Ball is the target.

The Suns also have interest in Josh Jackson, who may also not reach them at No. 4.

If Ball and Jackson are unavailable for the Suns, they are likely to decide between Jayson Tatum, De'Aaron Fox and Jonathan Isaac.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246311/Suns-Discuss-Moving-Up-In-Draft-With-Lakers-Celtics

Just out of curiosity, is there any way you can make a stipulation part of a trade? Like that the Suns have to take Josh Jackson.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

Anyone else at that MAKE IT STOP point yet?

#BannersOverBillboards
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

So if they want JJ and Boston doesn't want a guard, I guess I see where the Sun's Lakers swap makes sense.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Quote:
@ramonashelburne

Lonzo Ball has yet to schedule any talks or meetings with other teams. Lakers remain the only team he's worked out for.

Last days for workout / meetings is tomorrow right? Ball sticking with his confidence he's talked about that he'll be a Laker.

Ireland was on that god awful morning show and he said he's hearing it's gonna be lonzo most likely
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Anyone else at that MAKE IT STOP point yet?

Beats hearing absolutely nothing.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Quote:
@ramonashelburne

Lonzo Ball has yet to schedule any talks or meetings with other teams. Lakers remain the only team he's worked out for.

Last days for workout / meetings is tomorrow right? Ball sticking with his confidence he's talked about that he'll be a Laker.

Ireland was on that god awful morning show and he said he's hearing it's gonna be lonzo most likely

The keyshawn crap show?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject:

Wonder if the trade is that we still get Ball but we just also get a draft pick in addition. Then PHX can get Josh Jackson and I doubt Boston drafts Ball.

If thats the case its a huge gamble and I havent heard anything from Balls camp that he will only play for the Lakers.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject:

I suppose this has been posted somewhere in this mass of posts lately but it's still interesting. This apparently leaked out of Boston after the trade, which is somewhat interesting timing.

Michael Eaves Retweeted Michael Eaves
The most glaring critique was that he was not as explosive as they expected/hoped. Afterwards, team felt as if he was NOT the best prospect.

Received some surprising info on Markelle Fultz and the #Celtics today. Some within the organization were not impressed with his workout.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

So if they want JJ and Boston doesn't want a guard, I guess I see where the Sun's Lakers swap makes sense.

says Ball is the target
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
I suppose this has been posted somewhere in this mass of posts lately but it's still interesting. This apparently leaked out of Boston after the trade, which is somewhat interesting timing.

Michael Eaves Retweeted Michael Eaves
The most glaring critique was that he was not as explosive as they expected/hoped. Afterwards, team felt as if he was NOT the best prospect.

Received some surprising info on Markelle Fultz and the #Celtics today. Some within the organization were not impressed with his workout.

Haven't seen a ton of Fultz, but one of his criticisms, similar to DLo, is that he tends to play at half speed a lot.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Wonder if the trade is that we still get Ball but we just also get a draft pick in addition. Then PHX can get Josh Jackson and I doubt Boston drafts Ball.

If thats the case its a huge gamble and I havent heard anything from Balls camp that he will only play for the Lakers.

Per Ford, Suns actually want Ball which is why they are trying to trade the 4th pick to the Lakers for the 2nd pick.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

Just out of curiosity, is there any way you can make a stipulation part of a trade? Like that the Suns have to take Josh Jackson.

Yes, we don't actually trade the pick, but draft for them and trade the players after that. And if they want Ball, the deal is off
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

Suns shouldn't worry so much they'll get jackson, boston is taking tatum
Star Player
Star Player

Quote:
21. Oklahoma City Thunder
Justin Jackson
North Carolina
Junior
Forward

Jackson has been stuck at No. 21 in our mock draft for several editions and it doesn't look like it's changing.

He fits a need for the Thunder with his shooting and versatility. His lack of elite athleticism is the weakness that keeps him out of the lottery. Jonah Bolden is another potential sleeper for the Thunder.

@44TheLogo From Chad Ford 7.0 so take it for what you want.

He has Bolden going to Toronto at 23 now.

Quote:
23. Toronto Raptors (via Clippers)
Jonah Bolden
Australia
Forward

Bolden left UCLA after his freshman season and had a successful stint in Serbia.

He's an athletic, versatile forward who can shoot and pass the ball. He has become quite the sleeper among NBA scouts and Raptors GM Masai Ujiri has a penchant for finding and drafting similar players.

Last edited by 30 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:23 am; edited 2 times in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject:

this new FO is so active.....it tires me out
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject:

So the 4th pick leaves us with (likely):

Tatum
Fox
DSJ

(Fultz, Ball, Jax off the table).

What else could the Suns give us for our trouble though?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Tatum
Fox
DSJ

2017 #32?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject:

30 wrote:
Quote:
21. Oklahoma City Thunder
Justin Jackson
North Carolina
Junior
Forward

Jackson has been stuck at No. 21 in our mock draft for several editions and it doesn't look like it's changing.

He fits a need for the Thunder with his shooting and versatility. His lack of elite athleticism is the weakness that keeps him out of the lottery. Jonah Bolden is another potential sleeper for the Thunder.

@44TheLogo From Chad Ford 7.0 so take it for what you want.

He has Bolden going to Toronto at 23 now.

23. Toronto Raptors (via Clippers)
Jonah Bolden
Australia
Forward

Bolden left UCLA after his freshman season and had a successful stint in Serbia.

He's an athletic, versatile forward who can shoot and pass the ball. He has become quite the sleeper among NBA scouts and Raptors GM Masai Ujiri has a penchant for finding and drafting similar players.

Stay away from our boy Bolden.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Tatum
Fox
DSJ

2017 #32?

I don't think that's enough.

Maybe Miami's 2018 AND the #32 pick?
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

Jordan-esque wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Per Ford, Suns actually want Ball which is why they are trying to trade the 4th pick to the Lakers for the 2nd pick.

He also says they want JJ, so that is why they want to trade up to #2 or #3... we can discuss a trade with them if the condition to not draft Ball (I would love to screw the Celtics)
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

They can kick rocks.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject:

lewis wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

He also says they want JJ, so that is why they want to trade up to #2 or #3... we can discuss a trade with them if the condition to not draft Ball (I would love to screw the Celtics)

that is assuming we have Ball over Jackson which I am yet convinced is the case.....likely, but I am far from sure.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1135, 1136, 1137 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next
Page 1136 of 1281
Jump to: