2017 Lakers Draft Discussion Thread ** DRAFT DAY** (2: Ball, 27: Kuzma, 30: Hart and 42: Bryant )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1265, 1266, 1267 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who you got after Fultz?
Lonzo Ball
75%
 75%  [ 315 ]
Josh Jackson
15%
 15%  [ 64 ]
Jayson Tatum
1%
 1%  [ 8 ]
De'Aaron Fox
4%
 4%  [ 20 ]
Malik Monk
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
Jonathan Isaac
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 416

ch3_young
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Jocker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think we had a good draft. Just my pessimism is because we are limited to one year rentals at this point. Hopefully we get pg13 and or some veteran perimeter players or we will sadly struggle again. Ingram and Lonzo are 19 and not physically and mentally ready to help lead an NBA team.

Lonzo is ready day 1. Lakers are going to shock people next season.

I don't see it...Why is people want to put so much pressure and hope on this kid is beyond me.. Ball != Kobe, Ball != Shaq, but with a big mouth behind.. very sicking
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Lakers might officially have the worst FO in the NBA.

Even the Kings have started to make good decisions. Their roster looks better than the Lakers right now.

What ?! Why ?!
They just added 4 players who will contribute or becomes pieces in a trade, and they all fill needs.

Lonzo is Lonzo, KK is a 2 way player and his game is similar to Ben Simmons just by taking a glance, Hart is an eatablish 2 way player who brings a winning, hard working habit, and Bryant is a agile big guy who can stretch the floor as well as play in the post and defend.

Yeah we passed on Bell and whatever. But its not a make a break since we had extra picks.

We are a rebuilding team that just took two players that could turn into rotation players if they reach their ceiling.

It isn't the right mindset for our current position. We should also have the mindset if we see players drop, we need to be aggressive going after them - something our FO never does.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

We'll see how free agency shakes out since some teams seem poised to blow it up (like ATL), but this Lakers roster is still easily in the bottom 3-5 with the Nets, Sacramento, Orlando, and Phoenix.

Oh, and Chicago!

I'm with you Yinoma. I find it very unlikely that Lonzo is better than 2nd year Russell. Great as Lonzo might be, there'll be an adjustment.
And Mozgov+Young+Williams > Lopez.

Wild card is who they sign to a big 1 year contract to punt cap space for next year. If they can nab a really good guard I can see them getting up to 30.

I agree, and that's no dig at Lonzo. We need to let him develop, but it might be a rough season without a good one year rental. Hopefully Randle or Ingram can make that leap.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Jocker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think we had a good draft. Just my pessimism is because we are limited to one year rentals at this point. Hopefully we get pg13 and or some veteran perimeter players or we will sadly struggle again. Ingram and Lonzo are 19 and not physically and mentally ready to help lead an NBA team.

We did that last year. 10-10= 2nd pick. This time no pick and one less young player. Happy with draft but we better win enough so we don't see a team getting our top 5 pick
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

We'll see how free agency shakes out since some teams seem poised to blow it up (like ATL), but this Lakers roster is still easily in the bottom 3-5 with the Nets, Sacramento, Orlando, and Phoenix.

Oh, and Chicago!

I'm with you Yinoma. I find it very unlikely that Lonzo is better than 2nd year Russell. Great as Lonzo might be, there'll be an adjustment.

Wild card is who they sign to a big 1 year contract to punt cap space for next year. If they can nab a really good guard I can see them getting up to 30.

I'll take that bet. How about Win Shares, BPM, and ORtg as the metrics? Best two out of three.

Last edited by AC Green's V-Card on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

yinoma2001 wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I hope so but most 19 year old PGs have struggled in year 1 in the past 5 drafts.

I agree with you that Ball will struggle at times. He will likely amaze on others.

But at the moment I do not see an option unless Magic and fans are willing to spend some money. Free agency is going to be interesting as hell to see how they choose to address it.

Are they willing to sign a starter level PG to mentor for a couple years? Probably not. Have to hope that Ball can be the exception to the rule
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LakerLand247 wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
I gotta say, Thomas Bryant moves really well for such a big guy. I was watching some of this workout video, if he learns some high level footwork... ??? we might have something here

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/thomas-bryant-nba-pre-draft-workout-and-interview-5915/

We do. Love this pick

Bryant moves really fluid. Could he be our Clint Capela?

He's thicker. A bigger, longer Paul Milsap? There are too many draft picks right now so don't get attached to anybody. I think some of these are going to be packaged, at least I believe that's what they're trying to do to land PG13.
underdogsgv
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Even the Kings have started to make good decisions. Their roster looks better than the Lakers right now.

I don't love their draft (Frank Mason is actually my favorite pick), but they have a rational roster with some nice young upside guys in Skal, Giles, and Fox.

They removed a cancer in cousins and now seem to have a roster full of young, hard working players that expect to win with major upside.

Fox
Buddy
Jackson ( least fav pick but will play a role)
Giles
Skal
WCS
Richardson

I'd take that young core over the Lakers young core now that we dumped Russell for nothing.

That looks like a 14 win Kings team right there. Definitely nice upside, though.
#32 is the greatest Laker ever.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject:

I'm looking forward to Luke's Skywalkers with Lonzo pushing fast break showtime again. He has Kuzma, Ingram, Lopez, Brewer and Nance. All good passers and all of them have size and leaping ability.

Last edited by Jellojigglin on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Wow I thought we had a great night. Would have been better had we got George. But I think overall it was a good day. I was worried it would go much different. I think hart ball backcourt gives us a very smart better defensive backcourt. If they could only get clarkson to play good defense they could be on to something. I thought kuzma Bryant and hart are all possible pieces in the future.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Oh, and Chicago!

I agree, and that's no dig at Lonzo. We need to let him develop, but it might be a rough season without a good one year rental. Hopefully Randle or Ingram can make that leap.

Yeah. They're 19. I hope that we don't have the type of unreal expectation we heaped on DLo from day 1. Give them time and room to grow.
underdogsgv
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Having Calderon last yr made no sense to me, but having Calderon this year could be beneficial.
#32 is the greatest Laker ever.

Last edited by underdogsgv on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Oh, and Chicago!

I'll take that bet. How about Win Shares, BPM, and ORtg as the metrics? Best two out of three.

I think statistically Lonzo will have him beat. He'll be the Larry Nance of guards, which is really uncommon for guards. Very low usage, only ends possessions in favorable situations (which is good for his stats). The problem is that his teammates will have higher volume as a tradeoff, and that's going to be bad for guys like Randle and BI (both of whom will have the end-of-shot-clock "bad shots" responsibility). Maybe by PER Russell has him beat though.

RPM would be the fairest as it sifts through things like role. But we have to see what the guard rotation looks like. RPM still struggles with multicollinearity, and so it disadvantages the guard who has better guard teammates. Depending on how the Lakers fill out the roster, that might be either of them.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

underdogsgv wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

I don't love their draft (Frank Mason is actually my favorite pick), but they have a rational roster with some nice young upside guys in Skal, Giles, and Fox.

They removed a cancer in cousins and now seem to have a roster full of young, hard working players that expect to win with major upside.

Fox
Buddy
Giles
Skal
WCS
Richardson

I'd take that young core over the Lakers young core now that we dumped Russell for nothing.

That looks like a 14 win Kings team right there. Definitely nice upside, though.

Kings went 8-15 last year without Cousins and that was with Rookie Hield, Skal + Richardson.

If Lakers don't make any big FA signing, the Kings will finish with a better record than the Lakers.
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

yinoma2001 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Oh, and Chicago!

Yeah. They're 19. I hope that we don't have the type of unreal expectation we heaped on DLo from day 1. Give them time and room to grow.
dlo suffered because while being a good passer he was consistently making stupid plays and also not putting forth the effort. I think that wore people down I know it wore on me and I pumped dlo up to everyone around me for a long time. It's obvious he has the talent to be good but doesn't have the it factor. Maybe he comes around but honestly if magic and Luke decided to move him then they thought the things I just mentioned out weighed the potential. Personally I think a Ball dlo backcourt would have been a disaster much more excited bout Ball hart smart basketball players make a huge difference especially when they are guards
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject:

vicman wrote:
Wow I thought we had a great night. Would have been better had we got George. But I think overall it was a good day. I was worried it would go much different. I think hart ball backcourt gives us a very smart better defensive backcourt. If they could only get clarkson to play good defense they could be on to something. I thought kuzma Bryant and hart are all possible pieces in the future.

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:

Fox
Buddy
Giles
Skal
WCS
Richardson

Nah, Ball + Ingram easily trumps that cast of misfits
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject:

underdogsgv wrote:
Having Calderon last yr made no sense to me, but having Calderon this year could be beneficial.

Underdog:

We could sign you for less money and you would probably be more productive than Calderon
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Fox
Buddy
Giles
Skal
WCS
Richardson

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

vicman wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Oh, and Chicago!

dlo suffered because while being a good passer he was consistently making stupid plays and also not putting forth the effort. I think that wore people down I know it wore on me and I pumped dlo up to everyone around me for a long time. It's obvious he has the talent to be good but doesn't have the it factor. Maybe he comes around but honestly if magic and Luke decided to move him then they thought the things I just mentioned out weighed the potential. Personally I think a Ball dlo backcourt would have been a disaster much more excited bout Ball hart smart basketball players make a huge difference especially when they are guards

My point is that seeing 19 year old DLo and Ingram, it should be our default position to be patient and not expect them to play like rookie year Magic. It's not a difficult concept.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Fox
Buddy
Giles
Skal
WCS
Richardson

You would trade those guys for Lonzo, Ingram, Randle, Clarkson, Nance, and Zubac? IMO the 6 that I mentioned easily beat the 7 that you mentioned.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Fox
Buddy
Giles
Skal
WCS
Richardson

You would trade those guys for Lonzo, Ingram, Randle, Clarkson, Nance, and Zubac? IMO the 6 that I mentioned easily beat the 7 that you mentioned.

Throw in Hart, Kuzma and Bryant too. If we had a brawl I bet Bryant could take half that squad by himself
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Damn this could be a rough year record wise...

If we don't get George, Who are we targeting via FA to fill the 2 spot? Needs to be on a flexible deal to allow the pursuit of 2 max FA.

I cant imagine Magic being ok with putting this team on display next season as currently constructed.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
Damn this could be a rough year record wise...

If we don't get George, Who are we targeting via FA to fill the 2 spot? Needs to be on a flexible deal to allow the pursuit of 2 max FA.

I cant imagine Magic being ok with putting this team on display next season as currently constructed.

He has repeatedly said dont expect this to turn around quickly.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Fox
Buddy
Giles
Skal
WCS
Richardson

Yeah Id rather have Ball, Zubac & BI and its not even close.
Cant wait to see what Bryant and Hart have to offer
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1265, 1266, 1267 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next
Page 1266 of 1281
Jump to: