2017 Lakers Draft Discussion Thread ** DRAFT DAY** (2: Ball, 27: Kuzma, 30: Hart and 42: Bryant )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 305, 306, 307 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who you got after Fultz?
Lonzo Ball
75%
 75%  [ 315 ]
Josh Jackson
15%
 15%  [ 64 ]
Jayson Tatum
1%
 1%  [ 8 ]
De'Aaron Fox
4%
 4%  [ 20 ]
Malik Monk
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
Jonathan Isaac
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 416

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject:

I think I prefer Hartenstein to Zu. And probably TJ Leaf to Randle
In my pipedream scenario - We shop what we have to of Zu, Randle, Clarkson, Houston pick.
And move up from that Houston pick(draft Leaf), and grab a late lotto pick(draft Hartenstein)

Russell
Top 3 pick
Ingram
Leaf = stretch 4
Hartenstein = modern defender. stretch/push 5 potential
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Ball is hard to compare to anyone. Kidd was a lot more versatile, actually took advantage of his size and was one of the best defenders ever. Not to mention Kidd was a more creative and dynamic passser.

I agree that Ball has a lot of question marks surrounding his game. I really question how he'll fit in a modern NBA offense, especially a lottery team where he has to take more of a responsibility. He'd be perfect in Boston lol

Link?

Again, aside from passing over defenders when have you seen Lonzo really take advantage of his 6'6 frame? Does he ever post up guards? Overpower smaller defenders with hard drives?

And as someone else mentioned, Ball is at his best passing-wise from a standing position. Kidd was a lot more creative off the dribble, in the pick and roll, dishing out to shooters after penetrating, etc. You want me to link you to a game or something?
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Mike Breen wrote:
If we don't retain the pick this year (how depressing would that be after 300+ pages of discussion), I look forward to drooling over Doncic and the bigs of next years draft with all of you

Dont bring in bad vibes and jinx it man.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
As thorough of an analysis you all are making for/against ball, magic is taking ball if he has the chance. He's seen him in person enough times and he sees himself in Ball.

Link?

We can't say anything definitive. If we get the #1 pick then Magic will obviously workout Fultz and see that he checks every skill a PG prospect needs to become an offensive star. What if he ends up falling in love with Fultz's upside and drafts him?

Just the feeling i get from seeing Magics reaction watching Ball. Ball has only increased stock since Magic saw him. Fultz hasnt anything else to raise his since hes not playing.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
As thorough of an analysis you all are making for/against ball, magic is taking ball if he has the chance. He's seen him in person enough times and he sees himself in Ball.

Link?

We can't say anything definitive. If we get the #1 pick then Magic will obviously workout Fultz and see that he checks every skill a PG prospect needs to become an offensive star. What if he ends up falling in love with Fultz's upside and drafts him?

Just the feeling i get from seeing Magics reaction watching Ball. Ball has only increased stock since Magic saw him. Fultz hasnt anything else to raise his since hes not playing.

good point
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Courtside view of the McDonald's game. Mostly some nice Jackson highlights, but with some good Ball passing mixed in. (Vet move by Ball to demonstratively demand the ball from Tatum on the opposing team so that he could heave the long outlet ):

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject:

A touchdown bounce pass is my favorite pass, confirmed.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:12 am    Post subject:

Are we sure Jackson isn't the best player in this draft?
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:16 am    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:

I asked that question earlier but now I have Fultz as my #1 BPA. Would not be disappointed at all if we got Jackson or Ball. Of course we'd have to keep our pick first.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:

a few of us on LG....likely a more intelligent segment of the forum, have concluded that Josh Jackson is in fact the best player in this draft.

Last edited by adkindo on Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:09 am    Post subject:

If the lakers get the #1 pick, I'm pretty sure they'd take Fultz, he is the overwhelming consensus #1 pick for good reason. Sure they'd look at other players like Ball, but in the end they'd take Fultz.

2nd pick is more interesting, right now it wouldn't surprise me if they are leaning Ball, he's playing well on the big stage, LA kid, on paper any way seems to fit in really well with the current group in terms of what he can bring to the table etc. Having said that obviously at 2 the Lakers are going to give Jackson a look. He's also a big time talent...for me I wonder if he could play the 2 in the NBA, if he could personally I'd like him even more. I know you draft for talent, but all things being equal and I think it's pretty close between Ball and Jackson coming down to some things a team might particularly favor, I think with that in mind taking a player who you can plug in with the existing group is a great bonus.

Of course if he's a SF it's an ok problem to have with him and BI, but given we have some many needs, if we think Jackson is a better prospect at SF I'd be in favor of flipping BI for another type of asset...player or high draft pick because we have a lot of talent holes to fill.

Let's see how the ball bounces
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Ball is hard to compare to anyone. Kidd was a lot more versatile, actually took advantage of his size and was one of the best defenders ever. Not to mention Kidd was a more creative and dynamic passser.

I agree that Ball has a lot of question marks surrounding his game. I really question how he'll fit in a modern NBA offense, especially a lottery team where he has to take more of a responsibility. He'd be perfect in Boston lol

Link?

Again, aside from passing over defenders when have you seen Lonzo really take advantage of his 6'6 frame? Does he ever post up guards? Overpower smaller defenders with hard drives?

And as someone else mentioned, Ball is at his best passing-wise from a standing position. Kidd was a lot more creative off the dribble, in the pick and roll, dishing out to shooters after penetrating, etc. You want me to link you to a game or something?

A Cal game with freshman Kidd would be useful to compare to, yes. Your memory of his game from 25 years ago seems crystal clear, which is impressive (Cal alum?) but visual evidence to back it up would be helpful.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:24 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:

a few of us on LG....likely a more intelligent segment of the forum, have concluded that Josh Jackson is in fact the best player in this draft.

This kind of arrogance is uncalled for. You may be right or you may be wrong, but putting down others for having a different opinion as you especially in something as uncertain as the draft says more about you than about them.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:

This kind of arrogance is uncalled for. You may be right or you may be wrong, but putting down others for having a different opinion as you especially in something as uncertain as the draft says more about you than about them.

wasnt arrogance at all, it was pure humor....confident most of the guys in this thread recognized that i was being lighthearted
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:

wasnt arrogance at all, it was pure humor....confident most of the guys in this thread recognized that i was being lighthearted

Ah, my mistake then.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

Link?

A Cal game with freshman Kidd would be useful to compare to, yes. Your memory of his game from 25 years ago seems crystal clear, which is impressive (Cal alum?) but visual evidence to back it up would be helpful.

this was the NCAA tourney upset of Duke his Freshman year

the pass @ 18:40
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:

It is a pretty overrated draft.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

Link?

I love the internet. Well done, adkindo.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
adkindo wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:

Ah, my mistake then.

np, probably should have included a wink emoji or something
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject:

... MING

Last edited by non-player zealot on Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

Link?

some TMI about this game.....I think it was on a Saturday....I was in 9th Grade and at a girl from schools house party....I was a big Hurley and Duke fan...so me and my buddy was in a guest bedroom watching the game and a few girls were hanging out in there. My friend jumped up to scream at tv and was chewing gum....the gum went flying out of his mouth and hit this girl setting on the bed who was wearing a crop top and jeans....the gum went down the front of her pants and as she went to get it out, it fell down lower.....this was 1993, the gum became extremely entangled, so scissors had to be utilized to remove the chewing gum. I am not saying that event was the beginning of a completely new trend female personal grooming, but the timeline makes you go hmm.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:

At this point I'm a bit agnostic about which player...just keep a top 3 pick for so many reasons.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

some TMI about this game.....I think it was on a Saturday....I was in 9th Grade and at a girl from schools house party....I was a big Hurley and Duke fan...so me and my buddy was in a guest bedroom watching the game and a few girls were hanging out in there. My friend jumped up to scream at tv and was chewing gum....the gum went flying out of his mouth and hit this girl setting on the bed who was wearing a crop top and jeans....the gum went down the front of her pants and as she went to get it out, it fell down lower.....this was 1993, the gum became extremely entangled, so scissors had to be utilized to remove the chewing gum. I am not saying that event was the beginning of a completely new trend female personal grooming, but the timeline makes you go hmm.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:

At this point I'm a bit agnostic about which player...just keep a top 3 pick for so many reasons.

#1 Goal - Keep the Pick
#2 Goal - Obtain #1 or #2 slot
#3 Goal - Draft BPA that will become superstar

yeah, nothing matters without the first goal.....it will be fairly crushing if we lose pick
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject:

Will Boston likely sell or trade a couple of their 2nd round picks? They have like 3-4 in 2nd round....no where near enough roster space for guys to even have much of a chance to make team. Their 39th pick may be able to snag Trier, P.J. Dozier, Monte Morris, Devin Robinson....alot of rotational type players
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 305, 306, 307 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next
Page 306 of 1281
Jump to: