2017 Lakers Draft Discussion Thread ** DRAFT DAY** (2: Ball, 27: Kuzma, 30: Hart and 42: Bryant )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 318, 319, 320 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who you got after Fultz?
Lonzo Ball
75%
 75%  [ 315 ]
Josh Jackson
15%
 15%  [ 64 ]
Jayson Tatum
1%
 1%  [ 8 ]
De'Aaron Fox
4%
 4%  [ 20 ]
Malik Monk
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
Jonathan Isaac
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 416

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject:

Mike Breen wrote:
Call me crazy but I think Hield is going to be a for sure all star. Idk man

I don't watch them much but his stats seems pretty decent usually, seems to score at a good clip for his age. Maybe Vivek ain't crazy
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject:

Mike Breen wrote:

You're crazy. He's going to displace Curry, WB, Harden, Klay, Lillard, CP3? Doubtful.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
defense wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
I'm liking the idea of a
Ball
Waiters or Seth Curry
George
Randle
Big boy Moz

Until you realize Ball is just like any other rookie we've had... meaning it will take time. While PG13 is an inefficient scorer, and a passive Kobe. 22 pts and he's had his own team for awhile, so nothing will change on the scoring front. 22 is lightweight for a "superstar" who might not make the all-star in the West either.

My comment is based on assuming that you've dealt Ingram and D'Lo for George? Terrible idea, hope this isn't what Magic and Pelinka are thinking.

You really feel like George is inefficient?

5 free throws a game

57.4% TS% isn't bad at all, although in 2017 it's not great. Solidly above average. And it's not like his volume is that high.
Add in 3.3 assists per 36 to 3.0 turnovers and.... eh?

I feel like there's a big disparity in terms of how PG is perceived and how he actually plays, because he's so damn streaky and his hot streaks stick with you.

The reason I think he's a a superstar is because he's a great defender. I don't mind a streaky player all that much if they bring it defensively every night and when he is playing well, he's arguably the best 2 way wing in the game.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject:

Don't forget how PG13 locked down DRoz in the playoffs too. He has a knack for defending high scorers in the playoffs.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject:

Don't forget how PG13 locked down DRoz in the playoffs too. He has a knack for defending high scorers in the playoffs.
44-25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

And then there was Jimmy Two Times, who got that nickname because he said everything twice
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-vertical-mock-draft-version-2-0-135637001.html

interesting how different this mock is from the DX mock considering it should be by the same people

1. fultz
2. ball
3. jackson
4. tatum
5. monk
6. fox
7. smith
8. markkanen
9. isaac
10. ntilikina
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject:

CBS Sports updated prospect list

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ranking-the-top-75-prospects-for-the-2017-nba-draft-jayson-tatum-climbs-into-first-5/

1. fultz
2. jackson
3. ball
4. tatum
5. isaac
6. smith
7. markkanen
8. monk
9. fox
10. Justin Jackson ??

Last edited by adkindo on Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:

interesting how different this mock is from the DX mock considering it should be by the same people

1. fultz
2. ball
3. jackson
4. tatum
5. monk
6. fox
7. smith
8. markkanen
9. isaac
10. ntilikina

My thought was this was them considering who the teams would draft and not just ranking the prospects.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:

1. fultz
2. ball
3. jackson
4. tatum
5. monk
6. fox
7. smith
8. markkanen
9. isaac
10. ntilikina

I like that for Sac....picking up Fox and Isaac to add to Hield, Cauley-Stein, Skal, Papagiannis and Richardson....thats not a bad young core to start the rebuild with in my opinion.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject:

Watching Lonzo highlights, and I can't help but feel his court vision is being highly overhyped much like DLo's was coming out. His passing is good, but not great or elite like Kidd/Magic or even Ben Simmons. People expecting that kind of floor leader will be disappointed in this kid. I think he can create opportunities within a system, similar to DLo. But guys like Magic and Kidd were the system. I don't see the comparison. Maybe I need to watch more film.
Mike Breen
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike Breen wrote:

You're crazy. He's going to displace Curry, WB, Harden, Klay, Lillard, CP3? Doubtful.

Ehh when he is in his prime in 5 years those guys will be 32-36. It's not too far fetched that Buddy can get a few all star nods if he's averaging 22-23 ppg with good efficiency. We'll see though
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

BigGameHames wrote:
tox wrote:
defense wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
I'm liking the idea of a
Ball
Waiters or Seth Curry
George
Randle
Big boy Moz

Until you realize Ball is just like any other rookie we've had... meaning it will take time. While PG13 is an inefficient scorer, and a passive Kobe. 22 pts and he's had his own team for awhile, so nothing will change on the scoring front. 22 is lightweight for a "superstar" who might not make the all-star in the West either.

My comment is based on assuming that you've dealt Ingram and D'Lo for George? Terrible idea, hope this isn't what Magic and Pelinka are thinking.

You really feel like George is inefficient?

5 free throws a game

57.4% TS% isn't bad at all, although in 2017 it's not great. Solidly above average. And it's not like his volume is that high.
Add in 3.3 assists per 36 to 3.0 turnovers and.... eh?

I feel like there's a big disparity in terms of how PG is perceived and how he actually plays, because he's so damn streaky and his hot streaks stick with you.

The reason I think he's a a superstar is because he's a great defender. I don't mind a streaky player all that much if they bring it defensively every night and when he is playing well, he's arguably the best 2 way wing in the game.

His defense has drastically dropped this year. The stats and eye test can attest to that. And best two-way wing? Did Kawhi Leonard retire yesterday or something?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

Mike Breen wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike Breen wrote:

Ehh when he is in his prime in 5 years those guys will be 32-36. It's not too far fetched that Buddy can get a few all star nods if he's averaging 22-23 ppg with good efficiency. We'll see though

Eh. He doesn't have too many dimensions to his game. A bigger JJ Reddick or JR Smith clone IMO.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike Breen wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike Breen wrote:

Eh. He doesn't have too many dimensions to his game. A bigger JJ Reddick or JR Smith clone IMO.

I would take that guy...but not sure Heild is that guy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Watching Lonzo highlights, and I can't help but feel his court vision is being highly overhyped much like DLo's was coming out. His passing is good, but not great or elite like Kidd/Magic or even Ben Simmons. People expecting that kind of floor leader will be disappointed in this kid. I think he can create opportunities within a system, similar to DLo. But guys like Magic and Kidd were the system. I don't see the comparison. Maybe I need to watch more film.

Lonzo's passing/vision is elite. He's also able to fit into the system that Luke wants to run pretty seamlessly where you don't have to give him the ball and expect him to be the engine like Kidd, Stockton, Nash, Magic and CP3 were/are. Lonzo has the ability to run the break flawlessly but he's not as ball dominant as the tradition PG even if he is considered tradition by today's standards..

I'm still a huge Ben Simmons guy. I'd easily trade the #1 for him.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike Breen wrote:

you forgot DLoading
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

2 Key Matchups in Sweet 16

While I agree we should not get caught up in tournament performances or over value them, I do think the top tier head 2 head match ups are very relevant because we get to see these guys against other NBA level talent.

Thursday - Josh Jackson (DX #3) vs. Calib Swanigan (DX #30) - There was a lot of discussion would Kansas go bigger to match up with Purdue or would Purdue go small to match up with Kansas. To start the game, it appears neither team will alter their lineup and try to impose their advantage. This will allow us to see if Jackson is versatile enough to defend a true big man with NBA size and strength. Last week against MSU, he defended a NBA level combo forward in Mile Bridges, and the results were more positive than negative. Also, this will be a huge challenge for Swanigan, and give him an opportunity to prove he will be able to play against quicker NBA PF's if needed.

Firday - Lonzo Ball (DX #2) vs. De'Aaron Fox (DX #5) & Malik Monk (DX #8) - We have seen this match up in December, and all three parties played well. A lot will depend on how UCLA plays defense (man or zone), but if they choose zone, I assume Monk will try to force them out of it with shooting. If UCLA goes man, I can see Holiday coming off the bench to defend Fox with Ball covering Monk?
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

Give me Jackson have Ingram in the backcourt. Keep him leaner. Have him play defacto point guard but defend the 2s. Lakers need d and I don't love ball or fultz on that end

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
CBS Sports updated prospect list

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ranking-the-top-75-prospects-for-the-2017-nba-draft-jayson-tatum-climbs-into-first-5/

1. fultz
2. jackson
3. ball
4. tatum
5. isaac
6. smith
7. markkanen
8. monk
9. fox
10. Justin Jackson ??

Interesting comment about Fall

24 Tacko Fall UCF Soph. C 7-6 290
Essentially 15 pounds of muscle away from being unstoppable by anyone currently in the league.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Mike Breen wrote:

I don't watch them much but his stats seems pretty decent usually, seems to score at a good clip for his age. Maybe Vivek ain't crazy

For his age? Dude is 23 .
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Lonzo's passing/vision is elite. He's also able to fit into the system that Luke wants to run pretty seamlessly where you don't have to give him the ball and expect him to be the engine like Kidd, Stockton, Nash, Magic and CP3 were/are. Lonzo has the ability to run the break flawlessly but he's not as ball dominant as the tradition PG even if he is considered tradition by today's standards..

I'm still a huge Ben Simmons guy. I'd easily trade the #1 for him.

That's actually an interesting question. The Sixers still need guards. Say they get the 4th pick and we get 1st or 2nd. Simmons for Fultz/Ball and then they take Tatum or Jackson at 4 or 5?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject:

Posted this by accident in the DLO thread.

Anyone else feel like, even if we get the #1, we're taking Ball? Feels like it's Magic's pick to make, and the home-grown UCLA kid that reminds him of himself (and if they make the title game, forget it) will be too much to pass up. I think this is our draft board:

1st: Ball
2nd: Ball
3rd: Whoever the Pacers want.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Posted this by accident in the DLO thread.

Anyone else feel like, even if we get the #1, we're taking Ball? Feels like it's Magic's pick to make, and the home-grown UCLA kid that reminds him of himself (and if they make the title game, forget it) will be too much to pass up. I think this is our draft board:

1st: Ball
2nd: Ball
3rd: Whoever the Pacers want.

That's been the stance of a few people for awhile. My very first post in this thread was that we're going to take Ball #1.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject:

Ball looks like a very capable defender to me. I am concerned about his shooting form, which looks broken (and would be much more criticized if he wasn't shooting the 3 at a 40% clip). I have NEVER seen him pull up for a jumper after going right. Granted, every player has their favorite spots on the floor, but Ball seems unable to shoot effectively while going to the right because of his form.

Here's an interesting article about his shooting: Link

Last edited by BadGuy on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 318, 319, 320 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next
Page 319 of 1281
Jump to: