2017 Lakers Draft Discussion Thread ** DRAFT DAY** (2: Ball, 27: Kuzma, 30: Hart and 42: Bryant )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 367, 368, 369 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who you got after Fultz?
Lonzo Ball
75%
 75%  [ 315 ]
Josh Jackson
15%
 15%  [ 64 ]
Jayson Tatum
1%
 1%  [ 8 ]
De'Aaron Fox
4%
 4%  [ 20 ]
Malik Monk
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
Jonathan Isaac
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 416

Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

I don't agree. I've seen Dlo string together some nice dribble moves, the other night he faked out John Wall with a ball spin and cross over. Those were elite dribble moves on a great defender. The potential is there for Dlo to get his handles to where Steph is at now. The core strength, footwork, and body control is definitely something he needs to improve on.

not sure I saw the sequence of moves you're talking about.

do you see it in this highilght vid?
if so, what's the timestamp? practically everything is one change of direction and go.

i actually suspect that DLo is flatfooted based on how he heel strikes in most of his strides.

Around the :49 second mark. He crossed up Wall twice in that game and Jennings once too. The kids handles are very smooth right now and will continue to get better.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
First, UCLA didn't win the tournament. Also, while winning the tournament isn't necessarily the biggest factor when drafting, Jordan, Russell, KAJ, & Magic all won it and those 4 are commonly considered to be the top 4 players of all time. The drive to win and succeed is the hardest thing to see in prospects and the lack of it is the biggest reason they bust, in my opinion. Winning in college could show that those players have that drive.

Only KAJ as a freshman....one and done era...apples and oranges.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:
UCLA was worse last year.

I don't think it's apples to apples. If I have his right, they picked up +3 NBA first rounders while maintaining most of their significant players, as opposed to Washington netting -1 first rounders while also losing a good senior.

I also don't think Ball wins much of anything on that Washington team. While he's a better defender than Fultz, they would still have been awful at that end. And it would have been harder to "transform" that offense with those Washington players, as opposed to all those deadeye catch and shoot guys at UCLA.

I don't think it's fair to say UCLA is +3 first rounders because while Ike will probably be taken in the first round eventually, that pick will be based on potential more than his production this year. Leaf is certainly the great equalizer. I don't watch much of Washington so I can't comment too much on how Fultz affected each individual player. I have seen basically every UCLA game since maybe 2000, and Ball made the rest of UCLA a lot better. Alford, Hamilton, Welsh all look a lot better than they did last year. Again, I highly doubt that people thought much of the returning UCLA talent last year.

My comment on UCLA being worse isn't so much about Washington as much as it was about UCLA. This was a really bad team last year. They finished 10th in the Pac 12. Ball took a team that was 10th in the conference to top 5 in the country for much of the year. Again, I don't watch Washington much, but when you hear that Fultz is this nearly flawless player, I think it's fair to ask then why aren't they better. It's not like the Pac 12 is the ACC. There are 3 great teams at the top, a couple average teams, and then half the half league is awful. I think it's fair to ask why the potential #1 pick can't win more than 2 games in that conference. For the record, I think Lonzo wins more than 2 games in-conference with Washington. I'm not even saying he'll be a better pro. I do think he wins more than 2 conference games though.

Edit: Washington looking decent in a few games without Fultz could draw the smallest of red flags as well. Only lost by 5 to USC in the Pac 12 Tournament.

i watched a ton of washington full games and honestly struggled to see what fultz could have done any better in most of those games. i know it's easy to say that they lost and so that's on him, but really watch the games and focus on fultz, and the schemes that romar was putting him in, and it really crystallizes how unfair it is to critique fultz for their record

If he has any impact, 500 should have been a reasonable record especially playing with Division 1 players.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

I don't agree. I've seen Dlo string together some nice dribble moves, the other night he faked out John Wall with a ball spin and cross over. Those were elite dribble moves on a great defender. The potential is there for Dlo to get his handles to where Steph is at now. The core strength, footwork, and body control is definitely something he needs to improve on.

if so, what's the timestamp? practically everything is one change of direction and go.

i actually suspect that DLo is flatfooted based on how he heel strikes in most of his strides.

Around the :49 second mark. He crossed up Wall twice in that game and Jennings once too. The kids handles are very smooth right now and will continue to get better.

that's just a in out dribble in transition. one direction change. definitely not an "elite" ballhandling move. he's not doing anything remotely similar to the stuff steph does in this video as far as staying on his toes and switching lateral direction multiple times

44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:

I don't think it's apples to apples. If I have his right, they picked up +3 NBA first rounders while maintaining most of their significant players, as opposed to Washington netting -1 first rounders while also losing a good senior.

I also don't think Ball wins much of anything on that Washington team. While he's a better defender than Fultz, they would still have been awful at that end. And it would have been harder to "transform" that offense with those Washington players, as opposed to all those deadeye catch and shoot guys at UCLA.

I don't think it's fair to say UCLA is +3 first rounders because while Ike will probably be taken in the first round eventually, that pick will be based on potential more than his production this year. Leaf is certainly the great equalizer. I don't watch much of Washington so I can't comment too much on how Fultz affected each individual player. I have seen basically every UCLA game since maybe 2000, and Ball made the rest of UCLA a lot better. Alford, Hamilton, Welsh all look a lot better than they did last year. Again, I highly doubt that people thought much of the returning UCLA talent last year.

My comment on UCLA being worse isn't so much about Washington as much as it was about UCLA. This was a really bad team last year. They finished 10th in the Pac 12. Ball took a team that was 10th in the conference to top 5 in the country for much of the year. Again, I don't watch Washington much, but when you hear that Fultz is this nearly flawless player, I think it's fair to ask then why aren't they better. It's not like the Pac 12 is the ACC. There are 3 great teams at the top, a couple average teams, and then half the half league is awful. I think it's fair to ask why the potential #1 pick can't win more than 2 games in that conference. For the record, I think Lonzo wins more than 2 games in-conference with Washington. I'm not even saying he'll be a better pro. I do think he wins more than 2 conference games though.

Edit: Washington looking decent in a few games without Fultz could draw the smallest of red flags as well. Only lost by 5 to USC in the Pac 12 Tournament.

i watched a ton of washington full games and honestly struggled to see what fultz could have done any better in most of those games. i know it's easy to say that they lost and so that's on him, but really watch the games and focus on fultz, and the schemes that romar was putting him in, and it really crystallizes how unfair it is to critique fultz for their record

If he has any impact, 500 should have been a reasonable record especially playing with Division 1 players.

so you completely ignore the point of my post and say the same thing again. watch the games.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
First, UCLA didn't win the tournament. Also, while winning the tournament isn't necessarily the biggest factor when drafting, Jordan, Russell, KAJ, & Magic all won it and those 4 are commonly considered to be the top 4 players of all time. The drive to win and succeed is the hardest thing to see in prospects and the lack of it is the biggest reason they bust, in my opinion. Winning in college could show that those players have that drive.

KAJ as a freshman beat the preseason #1 and two-time defending champion UCLA varsity. If they allowed him to play his freshman year, he would have 4 NCAA titles. I understand it's different now. Just wanted to point that out
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

that's just a in out dribble in transition. one direction change. definitely not an "elite" ballhandling move. he's not doing anything remotely similar to the stuff steph does in this video as far as staying on his toes and switching lateral direction multiple times

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GrVUBJYRSeo @ 1:18
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
CRoost wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:

so you completely ignore the point of my post and say the same thing again. watch the games.

It's not my goal to go against Fultz or anyone else. I don't know who we'll draft and I don't want to have an opinion that might need validation later.

To be fair, I didn't respond either because there's not much to say without watching the games. "He could make more shots. Create more for others. better defense." I saw the schedule. It's not pretty. They lost to Yale at home. Even a lot of their wins against real bottom feeders aren't by big margins.

With all that said, I like Fultz. If Ball is gone I would take him. I just think it is fair to ask the question of why didn't he win more.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
For the people who say Ball is a better fit. Why do you think we need another player with very little athleticism? The
only one with some decent potential is Ingram. Randle and Clarkson are what they are imo.

Very little athleticism?

Can he do this though?

So does Lonzo Ball have "very little athleticism" or are you arguing that he's less athletic than Fultz?

Hey maybe Lonzo is above average athletically? I would like to see some footage of him, turning on the jets in the half court and punching it at the rim.

Lonzo can take it to the hole. He's not acrobatic but he has enough athleticism to attack the rim. When you move the ball like Lonzo, you must have that ability to be a real threat. Lonzo also can shoot . This is why he can create a lot of attention defensively. And in NBA with that spacing and no full zone, he will have a field day finding the cutters and shooters or just simply attack the rim.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
I know BPA is practically dogma when it comes to drafting, but does Lonzo's comparatively pedestrian athleticism make him a less than ideal fit here? Where our top two prospects are already guys with great "feel" but not as much as athleticism? I think Jackson's speed and agility would be more valued here than Lonzo's feel and smarts.

I agree. We need someone who is not afraid to take it to the rim in the half court and just splode on something.

Even Tatum fits that bill to me more.

actually the biggest question mark for me re: tatum is his ability to create vs NBA level athletes. the more i watch him, and i've watched him a ton, the more i think that limits his upside.

This was my concern with him within minutes of seeing him play for the first time.

right. if you're looking for a creator, i don't think you go to tatum. he's more of a finisher who a creator can look for.

if we're looking at generalized archetypes for the consensus lottery picks, i see it as follows

half court creators: fultz, fox, monk

transition creators: fox, ball, smith, jackson

half court finishers: tatum, markkanen, monk, fultz

transition finishers: jackson, monk, ball, fultz

kind of why i like monk and fultz so much because i think they are offensive threats in more diverse ways than the other prospects

of course, i am completely disregarding the other side of the ball, but i generally think creation on offense is far more important than anything defensively

I think 1) you're giving Monk too much credit for being a half-court creator in a limited sample size, and if he makes it, then so does Ball.

And 2) Ball is the most elite half-court finisher among the above-named group (outside of Markkanen whose Synergy data I haven't seen yet).
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Vishnu wrote:

KAJ as a freshman beat the preseason #1 and two-time defending champion UCLA varsity. If they allowed him to play his freshman year, he would have 4 NCAA titles. I understand it's different now. Just wanted to point that out

NCAA D1 Men's Champions since 2005 (last year before 1 and done rule), and notable players on the team w/ year status

2006: Florida, Corey Brewer (So.), Taurean Green (So.), Al Horford (So.), Joakim Noah (So.)

2007: Florida, Corey Brewer (Jr.), Taurean Green (Jr.), Al Horford (Jr.), Joakim Noah (Jr.), Marresse Speights (Fr.)

2008: Kansas, Cole Aldrich (Fr.), Mario Chalmers (Jr.), Sherron Collins (So.), Brandon Rush (Jr.), Darrell Arthur (So.)

2009: North Carolina, Ed Davis (Fr.), Wayne Ellington (Jr.), Danny Green (Sr.), Ty Lawson (Jr.), Tyler Hansbrough (Sr.)

2010: Duke, Kyle Singler (Jr.), Jon Scheyer (Sr.), Nolan Smith (Jr.), Lance Thomas (Sr.), Miles Plumlee (So.), Mason Plumlee (Fr.), Ryan Kelly (Fr.)

2011: UConn, Kemba Walker (Jr.), Jeremy Lamb (Fr.), Shabazz Napier (Fr.), Alex Oriakhi (So.)

2012: Kentucky, Anthony Davis (Fr.), MKG (Fr.), Terrence Jones (So.), Darius Miller (Sr.), Doron Lamb (So.), Marquis Teague (Fr.)

2013: Louisville, Russ Smith (Jr.), Peyton Siva (Sr.), Chane Benahan (So.), Gorgui Dieng (Jr.), Montrezl Harrell (Fr.)

2014: UConn, Shabazz Napier (Sr.), Ryan Boatright (Jr.), DeAndre Daniels (Jr.), Niels Giffey (Sr.), Amida Brimah (Fr.), Lasan Kromah (Grad Student)

2015: Duke, Justise Winslow (Fr.), Jahlil Okafor (Fr.), Tyus Jones (Fr.), Grayson Allen, Quinn Cook (Sr.), Amile Jefferson (Jr.), Matt Jones (Jr.)

2016: Villanova, Josh Hart (Jr.), Kris Jenkins (Jr.), Ryan Arcidiacono (Sr.), Daniel Ochefu (Sr.)

So since the 1 and done rule came into place, two teams out of the eleven champions have won being led primarily by freshmen, 2012 Kentucky and 2015 Duke.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Washington was crap but Ball's style of play is more conducive to his teammates playing better than Fultz. Same goes with any ball-dominant guard.

Ball's style of play is infectious. The whole team plays fast, unselfish, and quick decision-making. This is one of his big selling points that goes beyond what someone does individually.

I prefer Ball. Fultz will be better individidually but Ball will have more impact on a team.

yea, those intangible magical abilities of Ball that can never be proven or disproven......if Ball is taken over Fultz, I can see the GM getting fired so that is fairly impactful on a team
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
I know BPA is practically dogma when it comes to drafting, but does Lonzo's comparatively pedestrian athleticism make him a less than ideal fit here? Where our top two prospects are already guys with great "feel" but not as much as athleticism? I think Jackson's speed and agility would be more valued here than Lonzo's feel and smarts.

I agree. We need someone who is not afraid to take it to the rim in the half court and just splode on something.

Even Tatum fits that bill to me more.

actually the biggest question mark for me re: tatum is his ability to create vs NBA level athletes. the more i watch him, and i've watched him a ton, the more i think that limits his upside.

This was my concern with him within minutes of seeing him play for the first time.

right. if you're looking for a creator, i don't think you go to tatum. he's more of a finisher who a creator can look for.

if we're looking at generalized archetypes for the consensus lottery picks, i see it as follows

half court creators: fultz, fox, monk

transition creators: fox, ball, smith, jackson

half court finishers: tatum, markkanen, monk, fultz

transition finishers: jackson, monk, ball, fultz

kind of why i like monk and fultz so much because i think they are offensive threats in more diverse ways than the other prospects

of course, i am completely disregarding the other side of the ball, but i generally think creation on offense is far more important than anything defensively

I think 1) you're giving Monk too much credit for being a half-court creator in a limited sample size, and if he makes it, then so does Ball.

And 2) Ball is the most elite half-court finisher among the above-named group (outside of Markkanen whose Synergy data I haven't seen yet).

monk can create his own shot in the half court, which i consider to be creating? creation doesn't have to mean for others. i am basing a lot of the half court creation on kaiser lindeman's work on initiators. http://www.deepishthoughts.com/kaisers-draft-notes-initiators-predictive-indicators/

but yes, ball could be slotted into both as well. i do think fultz monk and ball are the top 3 prospects in any case.

Last edited by 44TheLogo on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

Dudes are sleepin on Dlo's handles.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

I feel like Lonzo's potential is predicated mostly around his intangibles and IMO projecting intangibles can be a dangerous game. Personally I take the guy with the higher talent floor and more dominant physical attributes. Basically why I like Fultz over Ball.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:

It's not my goal to go against Fultz or anyone else. I don't know who we'll draft and I don't want to have an opinion that might need validation later.

To be fair, I didn't respond either because there's not much to say without watching the games. "He could make more shots. Create more for others. better defense." I saw the schedule. It's not pretty. They lost to Yale at home. Even a lot of their wins against real bottom feeders aren't by big margins.

With all that said, I like Fultz. If Ball is gone I would take him. I just think it is fair to ask the question of why didn't he win more.

similarly, I think it's fair to ask the question of how much better Fultz' numbers would be with better talent around him and defenses not solely focused on shutting him down.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

not sleeping on his handles, they are very good and will get better. i am saying he isn't as nimble/shifty as steph curry, which is an aspect of athleticism.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

not sleeping on his handles, they are very good and will get better. i am saying he isn't as nimble/shifty as steph curry, which is an aspect of athleticism.

He can get there if he improves his footwork. Steph's footwork is crazy. Not saying it's easy tho, it'd take some work.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
Vishnu wrote:

similarly, I think it's fair to ask the question of how much better Fultz' numbers would be with better talent around him and defenses not solely focused on shutting him down.

Isn't that already happening though? We'd draft him to play around better players. My entry into this discussion was a response to the idea that winning in college doesn't matter. It's a point I disagree with to a degree. Seeing success helps. There are certainly many players who have had success in college who have been busts in the NBA, but how many great NBA players who went to college had such little success on that level? Mentally going through these guys in my head, I struggle to think of one.

Edit: Paul George might be one. He never went to the tournament. He had a better record than Fultz but UW plays a tougher schedule than Fresno State.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

40% of his shots at the rim, 80%FG at the rim, 41.3% assisted at the rim.

0% of his 2 point jumpers are assisted.

100% of his 3-point shots are assisted (shot selection), yet near similar FTr as Lonzo Ball at 24%, despite being a 3rd option on offense.

For Mike _at_ LG or whoever else knows the answer to this -- what site do you get stats like this from? I'd be fascinated to look some up for other guys in the draft.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject:

Some additional names to consider at #28:

Edmond Sumner, 6'6 PG Xavier, Jr - he'll be recovering from a recent ACL tear so he won't be available until next January, but he's been considered a mid- to late-1st round pick prior to the injury. He's declared and hired an agent. An explosive slasher adept at drawing FTs, Sumner is a big, athletic, scoring PG who needs to work on his jumper and on his shot selection. Not as effective on defense as he's physically capable of. DX: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dQZ02fki5Sk

Jeremy Morgan, 6'5 SG Northern Iowa Sr - a dangerous deep shooter who struggled some his senior year with more creation responsibility, which he won't be asked to do at the pro level. He's a good, but not great athlete who has been a crafty, productive, high IQ defender in the MVC - it may be a question how he does against bigger, more athletic scorers. DX: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gmC_faVZDkg

Derrick White, 6'5 SG Colorado Sr - a former DII superstar who transferred up to Colorado and promptly made Pac-12 1st team, White is a very skilled scorer at all three levels who knows how to use screens, get to the line, and run some basic PnR action. He'll be 23 as a rookie and he's still a skinny dude who will have a tough time defending against NBA strength, and he's more smooth than explosive as an athlete. Highlights: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n5JeuyF760Q

Jacob Evans, 6'6 SG/SF Cincinnati So - Evans is a talented young 3&D prospect who is still undecided on whether or not to test the waters. He's got great strength and is an explosive finisher in transition and a straight line in the half-court. Evans' hit 42% of his 3s with 2.4 makes per40 this season. Not a guy you want to ask to create off the dribble, but he makes smart, simple passes and rarely turns it over. DX: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zwKcDa8sRiA
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
CRoost wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Washington was crap but Ball's style of play is more conducive to his teammates playing better than Fultz. Same goes with any ball-dominant guard.

Ball's style of play is infectious. The whole team plays fast, unselfish, and quick decision-making. This is one of his big selling points that goes beyond what someone does individually.

I prefer Ball. Fultz will be better individidually but Ball will have more impact on a team.

yea, those intangible magical abilities of Ball that can never be proven or disproven......if Ball is taken over Fultz, I can see the GM getting fired so that is fairly impactful on a team

Same with Fultz. Fultz does not have elite athleticism so he's not a sure thing.
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
Vishnu wrote:

You mean like how Russell Westbrook's numbers were better when he had a more talented team around him? And how his numbers are down this year since defenses are solely focused on shutting him down? Oh wait...
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject:

Some additional names to consider at #28:

Edmond Sumner, 6'6 PG Xavier, Jr - he'll be recovering from a recent ACL tear so he won't be available until next January, but he's been considered a mid- to late-1st round pick prior to the injury. He's declared and hired an agent. An explosive slasher adept at drawing FTs, Sumner is a big, athletic, scoring PG who needs to work on his jumper and on his shot selection. Not as effective on defense as he's physically capable of. DX: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dQZ02fki5Sk

Jeremy Morgan, 6'5 SG Northern Iowa Sr - a dangerous deep shooter who struggled some his senior year with more creation responsibility, which he won't be asked to do at the pro level. He's a good, but not great athlete who has been a crafty, productive, high IQ defender in the MVC - it may be a question how he does against bigger, more athletic scorers. DX: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gmC_faVZDkg

Derrick White, 6'5 SG Colorado Sr - a former DII superstar who transferred up to Colorado and promptly made Pac-12 1st team, White is a very skilled scorer at all three levels who knows how to use screens, get to the line, and run some basic PnR action. He'll be 23 as a rookie and he's still a skinny dude who will have a tough time defending against NBA strength, and he's more smooth than explosive as an athlete. Highlights: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n5JeuyF760Q

Jacob Evans, 6'6 SG/SF Cincinnati So - Evans is a talented young 3&D prospect who is still undecided on whether or not to test the waters. He's got great strength and is an explosive finisher in transition and a straight line in the half-court. Evans' hit 42% of his 3s with 2.4 makes per40 this season. Not a guy you want to ask to create off the dribble, but he makes smart, simple passes and rarely turns it over. DX: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zwKcDa8sRiA

It's a crap shoot but I take Evans base on your info.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:

But Russell is 4" taller
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 367, 368, 369 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next
Page 368 of 1281
Jump to: