2017 Lakers Draft Discussion Thread ** DRAFT DAY** (2: Ball, 27: Kuzma, 30: Hart and 42: Bryant )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 445, 446, 447 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who you got after Fultz?
Lonzo Ball
75%
 75%  [ 315 ]
Josh Jackson
15%
 15%  [ 64 ]
Jayson Tatum
1%
 1%  [ 8 ]
De'Aaron Fox
4%
 4%  [ 20 ]
Malik Monk
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
Jonathan Isaac
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 416

Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:
I have a prediction on this Lonzo and Lavar Ball drama. It's a pretty sad prediction, and I hope it never gets to that point but I feel like this is just going to end in a court case between the two like 5-7 years from now.

Lavar will continue to try to make as much profit off of Lonzo until he realizes what's going on.

Lonzo makes his own profit off of their brand -_-

He's losing deals with Nike, Addidas and all the top notch brands because Lavar wants the companies to license the Big Baller Brand.

He's losing millions because of his fathers greed for his own brand.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject:

vdogg11 wrote:
how do we feel about hamidou Diallo if he stays in the draft?

I'm guessing he stays in the draft, but I'm not convinced of his ball-handling/shooting just yet, even if he has the athleticism and measurables.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:
MJST wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:
I have a prediction on this Lonzo and Lavar Ball drama. It's a pretty sad prediction, and I hope it never gets to that point but I feel like this is just going to end in a court case between the two like 5-7 years from now.

Lavar will continue to try to make as much profit off of Lonzo until he realizes what's going on.

He's losing deals with Nike, Addidas and all the top notch brands because Lavar wants the companies to license the Big Baller Brand.

Doesn't matter if they say no 'now'.

If he is as good as his father thinks he is, or good at all, all 3 of those companies will come running back. He actually makes more money and gets a better entry deal if the 'gamble' pays off.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:
MJST wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:

If he is as good as his father thinks he is, or good at all, all 3 of those companies will come running back. He actually makes more money and gets a better entry deal if the 'gamble' pays off.

and if he's not, he's never getting any deal.

Dante Exum got a deal at the time of the draft.. remember those Nike commercials? Think Nike has any plans to re-up with him?

Lavarr needs to STFU and let his son live his own life.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
MJST wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:
MJST wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:

Dante Exum got a deal at the time of the draft.. remember those Nike commercials? Think Nike has any plans to re-up with him?

Lavarr needs to (bleep) and let his son live his own life.

Exum wears Adidas

Not that it matters, just FYI
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
2019 wrote:
MJST wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:
MJST wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:

Lavarr needs to (bleep) and let his son live his own life.

Exum wears Adidas

Not that it matters, just FYI

meh lol.. whatever... same trash player who's endorser is regretting them
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:
MJST wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:

so does he play in his socks until then?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo Ball reportedly to skip NBA Draft Combine, giving scouts one less chance to find warts

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lonzo-ball-reportedly-to-skip-nba-draft-combine-giving-scouts-one-less-chance-to-find-warts/

I doubt Fultz or Jackson show up either.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Lonzo Ball reportedly to skip NBA Draft Combine, giving scouts one less chance to find warts

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lonzo-ball-reportedly-to-skip-nba-draft-combine-giving-scouts-one-less-chance-to-find-warts/

I doubt Fultz or Jackson show up either.

Jeff Goodman‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN 2h2 hours ago
More
As of now, Markelle Fultz plans on attending the draft combine in Chicago, source told ESPN. Likely just do a couple interviews if he goes.

70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Typically, don't we expect to see these top five category draft prospects skippng the combine ?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
Typically, don't we expect to see these top five category draft prospects skippng the combine ?

It varies by prospect.

70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Quick look in the rear view mirror for the past three drafts and top three actual picks (nine guys). From what I can tell, only one (*) actual top three selection attended the combine for anything other than interviews.

2016: 1) Ben Simmons 2) Brandon Ingram 3) Jaylen Brown

2015: 1) Towns 2) Russell* 3) Okafor

2014: 1) Wiggins 2) Parker 3) Embiid
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:

I wish NBA would make it requirement to at least show up....don't think they should be able to make you do anything physical....but showing up for interviews, etc. seems fairly minimal.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
70sdude wrote:

I wish NBA would make it requirement to at least show up....don't think they should be able to make you do anything physical....but showing up for interviews, etc. seems fairly minimal.

Might be offbase on this, but I remember the top prospects going to the Combine the last couple years even if they didn't actually participate, just to do interviews

Last edited by The Logo on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject:

No to Lonzo.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
MJST wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:
MJST wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:

Good thing Lonzo nor his father are betting on him to fail.

LaVar is actually doing something pretty darn smart and if Lonzo succeeds that could change a LOT for future prospects and their deals with shoe companies.

LaVar already changed the game by giving his son a brand before he even got to the NCAA and thus allowed Lonzo to make tons of money that the NCAA will never see and he bought his own expensive car with it and doesn't have any 'boosting' or 'illegitimate cash' cloud hanging over his head becaue it's his own brand money. How many other prospect's financial times in college would have been different if they'd been smart enough to get their own brand before setting foot on a college campus and made their own money that the NCAA couldn't touch or say anything about?

Now imagine if all the other top 10 prospects parents decided to create a brand name around their kids BEFORE they got to the NCAA how much better off financially those student athletes would be and how big of an [expletive] you that gives the NCAA at the same time cause they can't do squat about it.

So that's one success that's potentially game changing for future prospects and their brand.

Now if this whole shoe deal situation, if Lonzo IS good, and those shoe companies have to come back and agree to Lonzo and his Dad's terms and actually being partners, which is something usually only the top tier athletes like Jordan, Kobe and LeBron have gotten. If Lonzo gets that as his first deal cause he's good enough the companies WANT to sign him and it winds up being a co-joint of his brand and that shoe company? You can imagine how much money that's gonna bring in, and AGAIN, it would change the game.

The companies need the athletes, not the other way around, and if kids come into the league actually understanding their worth from the get go, suddenly they aren't so easy to be exploited early on financially. This is a GOOD thing for THEM.

Suddenly kids just getting into the league aren't gonna wide-eyedly accept the first shoe deal that comes there way when there's ways to milk it AND make more money.

LaVar is playing the game before the game plays his kids, what he's doing is mocked right now, but if it pays off he'll come off as the smartest guy in the room and other prospects will start doing the same thing with their brands and demands. This is why these companies DON'T want him to succeed. Cause if he does, the way business HAD been done with the way these kids get milked nowadays? Will be for lack of a better word, shaken up, for that reason especially I hope Lonzo succeeds.

And we can stop with the whole "over confident" stuff.

Not a darn person hated Fultz saying he wants to be league MVP next year. But if Lavar were to say "Mah boy ain't goin for rookie of the year. He's goin for MVP!" he'd have a 3 page discussion about him being crazy.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) Lavar Ball. Can't stand the guy.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
2019 wrote:
MJST wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:
MJST wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:

Good thing Lonzo nor his father are betting on him to fail.

LaVar is actually doing something pretty darn smart and if Lonzo succeeds that could change a LOT for future prospects and their deals with shoe companies.

LaVar already changed the game by giving his son a brand before he even got to the NCAA and thus allowed Lonzo to make tons of money that the NCAA will never see and he bought his own expensive car with it and doesn't have any 'boosting' or 'illegitimate cash' cloud hanging over his head becaue it's his own brand money. How many other prospect's financial times in college would have been different if they'd been smart enough to get their own brand before setting foot on a college campus and made their own money that the NCAA couldn't touch or say anything about?

Now imagine if all the other top 10 prospects parents decided to create a brand name around their kids BEFORE they got to the NCAA how much better off financially those student athletes would be and how big of an [expletive] you that gives the NCAA at the same time cause they can't do squat about it.

So that's one success that's potentially game changing for future prospects and their brand.

Now if this whole shoe deal situation, if Lonzo IS good, and those shoe companies have to come back and agree to Lonzo and his Dad's terms and actually being partners, which is something usually only the top tier athletes like Jordan, Kobe and LeBron have gotten. If Lonzo gets that as his first deal cause he's good enough the companies WANT to sign him and it winds up being a co-joint of his brand and that shoe company? You can imagine how much money that's gonna bring in, and AGAIN, it would change the game.

The companies need the athletes, not the other way around, and if kids come into the league actually understanding their worth from the get go, suddenly they aren't so easy to be exploited early on financially. This is a GOOD thing for THEM.

Suddenly kids just getting into the league aren't gonna wide-eyedly accept the first shoe deal that comes there way when there's ways to milk it AND make more money.

LaVar is playing the game before the game plays his kids, what he's doing is mocked right now, but if it pays off he'll come off as the smartest guy in the room and other prospects will start doing the same thing with their brands and demands. This is why these companies DON'T want him to succeed. Cause if he does, the way business HAD been done with the way these kids get milked nowadays? Will be for lack of a better word, shaken up, for that reason especially I hope Lonzo succeeds.

And we can stop with the whole "over confident" stuff.

Not a darn person hated Fultz saying he wants to be league MVP next year. But if Lavar were to say "Mah boy ain't goin for rookie of the year. He's goin for MVP!" he'd have a 3 page discussion about him being crazy.

the only room Lavar Ball has ever occupied and been the smartest man in the room, is a single stall bathroom.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Speaking of Lavar Ball, the head coach of Chino Hills basketball team got fired recently. Shortly after elimination, Lavar Ball said he would remove his child from the school because he didn't agree with the coaching decisions. Of course now Lavar is saying that he had nothing to do with the firing but come on, this dude just won a state title 2 years ago. That's pretty (bleep) up.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:
Speaking of Lavar Ball, the head coach of Chino Hills basketball team got fired recently. Shortly after elimination, Lavar Ball said he would remove his child from the school because he didn't agree with the coaching decisions. Of course now Lavar is saying that he had nothing to do with the firing but come on, this dude just won a state title 2 years ago. That's pretty (bleep) up.

The coach that won the state title left. Next year they'll have their 3rd coach in 3 years. LaVar should just coach the team. He's the amalgamation of every parent that I hated.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:

The coach that won the state title left. Next year they'll have their 3rd coach in 3 years. LaVar should just coach the team. He's the amalgamation of every parent that I hated.

There have been some reporting that the parents there literally hate him and the entire family......I have zero idea if there is any truth to that, and the article that I read looked more like a private blog than a reputable sports journalism site. Still, its not hard to imagine there being a lot of resentment in the way the entire team appears to be set up to spotlight only his kids.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:

There have been some reporting that the parents there literally hate him and the entire family......I have zero idea if there is any truth to that, and the article that I read looked more like a private blog than a reputable sports journalism site. Still, its not hard to imagine there being a lot of resentment in the way the entire team appears to be set up to spotlight only his kids.

His problem with the coach this year was for a much more personal reason considering LaVar got him the job in the first place.

I recommend everyone do their research on that. It goes a LOT deeper than "he doesn't play my kids right."
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:

One of his children would never be on my team.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
adkindo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:

His problem with the coach this year was for a much more personal reason considering LaVar got him the job in the first place.

I recommend everyone do their research on that. It goes a LOT deeper than "he doesn't play my kids right."

I'm aware of the backstory there. The lede there, however, was that LaVar had the power to install him as the coach in the first place.

Steve Baik got the heck up outta there as soon as he could.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
MJST wrote:
adkindo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:

I'm aware of the backstory there. The lede there, however, was that LaVar had the power to install him as the coach in the first place.

Steve Baik got the heck up outta there as soon as he could.

what is his leverage? Just the threat of pulling his kids from the public school? Feels weird that in enough to get a school district to bend to his will.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 445, 446, 447 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next
Page 446 of 1281
Jump to: