2017 Lakers Draft Discussion Thread ** DRAFT DAY** (2: Ball, 27: Kuzma, 30: Hart and 42: Bryant )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who you got after Fultz?
Lonzo Ball
75%
 75%  [ 315 ]
Josh Jackson
15%
 15%  [ 64 ]
Jayson Tatum
1%
 1%  [ 8 ]
De'Aaron Fox
4%
 4%  [ 20 ]
Malik Monk
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
Jonathan Isaac
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 416

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:59 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
epak wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:
if we somehow got a top 3 pick, I'd take Lonzo Ball without a second thought. Lonzo/DLO starting with Clarkson off the bench would have our guard rotation set for a decade.

Lonzo and DLO can both play the one, but Lonzo probably has better vision and playmaking ability while DLO has the superior scoring ability. Plus Lonzo is 6'6 which is good size for either guard position.

It's easy to say that, but I don't think Luke will think much of Lonzo's jumpshot. Dude shoots left to right.

But does it go in?

He shoots it like Kevin Martin, ugly and quick.

But does it go in?

This is getting naughty...
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:31 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
epak wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:
if we somehow got a top 3 pick, I'd take Lonzo Ball without a second thought. Lonzo/DLO starting with Clarkson off the bench would have our guard rotation set for a decade.

Lonzo and DLO can both play the one, but Lonzo probably has better vision and playmaking ability while DLO has the superior scoring ability. Plus Lonzo is 6'6 which is good size for either guard position.

It's easy to say that, but I don't think Luke will think much of Lonzo's jumpshot. Dude shoots left to right.

But does it go in?

But does it go in?

Also, fwiw, Ball is up to #4 in the DraftExpress mock.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:37 am    Post subject:

Hope he doesn't rise too high when he gets UCLA the Championship. Don't want Dallas to take him instead of Josh.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:50 am    Post subject:

At some point this thread is going to be about Mitch scoring a gem in the middle of the second round.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:01 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:
We can definitely fetch a mid to late first round pick for Lou Williams, given his current production and contract. We can probably get a late first for Nick Young as well. Before the start of the season I would have probably done both deals in a heart beat (especially the second). Now? Not so much

1st round pick for a one year rental of Young? Doubt it.

Why not? We traded a first round pick for 1 year of Ramon Sessions. With the way he is playing right now, teams competing in the playoffs could definitely be interested.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
epak wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:

But does it go in?

But does it go in?

For now.

Even Kevin Martin changed his form 2x.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
epak wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:

But does it go in?

But does it go in?

If you read his stat-line, he should be #2. He has been Jason Kidd since he was a junior in HS. Only concern right now is the easy competition, but he fits absolutely perfectly into what the Lakers are doing right now.

I also think he's a complement to Russell's talent on the offensive end. Switchable on defense.

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
epak wrote:
epak wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:

But does it go in?

But does it go in?

For now.

imo..
Doesn't look like Kevin Martin changed his form much. But I'm also not aversed from opposite side of the head forms, if they work (they do for a small amount of players - KD, M.Gasol, Boogie).

But Lonzo Ball's opposite side of the head form is unique in it's own right , it's the lowest I've seen it, unless you count Kevin Martin also as an opposite side of the head shooter.

Lonzo Ball basically shoots it from the opposite side of his neck.

I think most players do have to tweak their forms for the longer line when becoming a pro. Although I still think that tweaking is becoming more of an issue. So many good college 3 shooters are disappointing from NBA 3 - although they're still young in their careers so they may iron it out, but..I'm not liking how they're shooting it, considering trajectories of the ball.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
epak wrote:
epak wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:

But does it go in?

But does it go in?

If you read his stat-line, he should be #2. He has been Jason Kidd since he was a junior in HS. Only concern right now is the easy competition, but he fits absolutely perfectly into what the Lakers are doing right now.

I also think he's a complement to Russell's talent on the offensive end. Switchable on defense.

He's always been under-ranked due to avoiding AAU ball, and the lag in his RSCI ranking likely impacted his early draft projections. It's early, as you note, but his performance so far should easily dispel the notion that he was merely a product of Chino Hills' offensive system.

What's especially exciting is how unselfish he's been - he's only sporting an 18% USG rate through seven games. Like Kidd, he's looking to always keep the ball moving, advance it with the pass, etc. rather than pound the rock hunting an assist like Rondo. Combine that unselfishness with surprising accuracy on catch-and-shoot jumpers and his ability to move without the ball (see his many impressive lob finishes so far), and he is looking like a great fit next to Russell.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject:

Terrance Ferguson Nike Summit Highlights

Very glad he went to go play in Australia. We'd have absolutely no chance of shot at this kid if he didn't
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject:

Haven't kept up with this thread, so my apologies, but if we have a 2nd rounder, which targets are we looking at?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Haven't kept up with this thread, so my apologies, but if we have a 2nd rounder, which targets are we looking at?

Will we have a 2nd rounder this year if we keep our 1st?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Will we have a 2nd rounder this year if we keep our 1st?

No IIRC.

If we lose our 1st, we get a 2nd, not 100% sure but that's my recollection.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

any son of a former high profile nba player
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

any son of a former high profile nba player

So Wilt Chamberlin the 17th?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
epak wrote:
epak wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:

But does it go in?

But does it go in?

Would you rather have Fultz or Ball?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Marcus Lovett Jr of St Johns.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The team could really use a two-way guard or wing, and there are some young guys who could drop to the early second round:

Rawle Alkins (Fr, Arizona)
Kostja Mushidi (Mega Leks)
Shake Milton (So, SMU)

I'm also a fan of Josh Hart (Sr, Villanova) who reminds me of Arron Afflalo coming out of college. Not a ton of upside, but a solid bet to work hard on defense, knock down open jumpers at a solid clip, and be a great teammate.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The team could really use a two-way guard or wing, and there are some young guys who could drop to the early second round:

Rawle Alkins (Fr, Arizona)
Kostja Mushidi (Mega Leks)
Shake Milton (So, SMU)

I'm also a fan of Josh Hart (Sr, Villanova) who reminds me of Arron Afflalo coming out of college. Not a ton of upside, but a solid bet to work hard on defense, knock down open jumpers at a solid clip, and be a great teammate.

+1 josh hart in 2nd round
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Bam Adebayo reminds me potentially of what Dwight might have been if he went to college. 10th to mid 1st pick imo
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
epak wrote:
epak wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:

But does it go in?

But does it go in?

For now.

imo..
Doesn't look like Kevin Martin changed his form much. But I'm also not aversed from opposite side of the head forms, if they work (they do for a small amount of players - KD, M.Gasol, Boogie).

But Lonzo Ball's opposite side of the head form is unique in it's own right , it's the lowest I've seen it, unless you count Kevin Martin also as an opposite side of the head shooter.

Lonzo Ball basically shoots it from the opposite side of his neck.

I think most players do have to tweak their forms for the longer line when becoming a pro. Although I still think that tweaking is becoming more of an issue. So many good college 3 shooters are disappointing from NBA 3 - although they're still young in their careers so they may iron it out, but..I'm not liking how they're shooting it, considering trajectories of the ball.

Kevin Martin used to shoot the ball from his hip. Just youtube his career high game to anything more recent.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
epak wrote:
epak wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:

But does it go in?

But does it go in?

Would you rather have Fultz or Ball?

Boy that's a difficult question.

Fultz. Doesn't matter the system. He looks like he'll succeed. Lillard didn't even look that good as a senior.

Both teams have been playing easy comp, but Fultz is right at 60%FG, 2.2stplg 1.5bpg. I don't even regard him as an elite athlete, but excellent size/wingspan by position.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Luke Kornet
Aleksandar Vezenkov (again)
Josh Hart (think he works his way up into 1st round)
Justin Jackson
Jessie Govan
Malik Pope?
Star Wars?

Last edited by Mike@LG on Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Tied for 14th in the league, hopefully we only end up talking about our second round pick.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Luke Kornet
Aleksandar Vezenkov (again)
Josh Hart (think he works his way up into 1st round)
Justin Jackson
Jessie Govan
Malik Pope?
Star Wars?

Whatever happened to Malik Pope? I remember you (or maybe it was some other posters) were high on him a couple of years ago, but looks like he struggled last year and fell off the radar. Is he still a potential target in the 2nd round?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next
Page 7 of 1281
Jump to: