2017 Lakers Draft Discussion Thread ** DRAFT DAY** (2: Ball, 27: Kuzma, 30: Hart and 42: Bryant )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 745, 746, 747 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who you got after Fultz?
Lonzo Ball
75%
 75%  [ 315 ]
Josh Jackson
15%
 15%  [ 64 ]
Jayson Tatum
1%
 1%  [ 8 ]
De'Aaron Fox
4%
 4%  [ 20 ]
Malik Monk
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
Jonathan Isaac
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 416

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
We don't need to draft a stretch 4 now that we'll have Chris Bosh, lolz.

If you can draft a potential elite rim protector in Jordan Bell, I say we draft him.

He doesn't project to be an elite rim protector at the next level though. I don't think there's one above average rim protector with his SF measurables
THE GOODS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject:

WeDidItReddit wrote:
THE GOODS wrote:
I'm good with a Ball/Bell draft. We can go a number of ways with the #2 pick but just by how Magic sounds off on Lonzo and Lavar, it looks like he's the favorite right now. In all honesty, I don't really know who I want at #2 because the top of the draft can go any way.

Jordan Bell is set to work out for us next week I believe along with a bunch of other guys. I hope he impresses our staff. He's a well spoken guy who knows what he brings to the table and will play his role. As some of you have been saying I just like the upside and versatility on the defensive end if we have Bell, Nance, and even Nwaba to be our disruptors. I'm just sick and tired of

Magic's been praising Lonzo a lot because everybody's been asking him about Lonzo. Everybody already thinks Lonzo to LA is a foregone conclusion. If they asked him about Jackson or Tatum or somebody like that he would praise them a lot too. There were a lot of reports 2 years ago about how we were going to take Okafor so I would take what he says with a grain of salt. He could be leaning towards Ball, but the smoke is heavy this time of
year

Magic's been praising all of the top prospects when asked if you've heard him on Keyshawn, Jorge and LZ. Just in how he speaks about Lonzo and Lavar it seems like that's who he wants. Again, it's too early to know so things can change. I just think Magic's been pretty transparent in his plans with the media so far. He's said we're not looking to make a big move this off season, he basically told Jimmy Kimmel if he'd see PG he'd wink at him, and he just said BI was untouchable.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

If you can draft a potential elite rim protector in Jordan Bell, I say we draft him.

He doesn't project to be an elite rim protector at the next level though. I don't think there's one above average rim protector with his SF measurables

Here I thought, it's all about the timing though.

Last year no. 12 leader in blocks is SF Jerami Grant. No. 9 is Paul Millsap. Bell share the same wingspan with both at 7'0''.

Last edited by Hero Ball on Thu May 25, 2017 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Clutch24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Clutch24 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
so what is the theory behind Ball telling Boston no, but may workout for the 76'ers?

Boston's the only team that can prevent him from being a Laker. If the Lakers pass up on him, he's gonna want to go as high as possible.

just reading this article on ESPN....

Quote:
League sources said the concern regarding the Ball-Sixers link is the organization's plan to feature forward Ben Simmons, the No. 1 pick in the 2016 draft, in a ball dominant, point-forward role next season.

Under those basketball circumstances, it wouldn't appear to be an ideal pairing.

just leaves a bad taste in my mouth....sounds like a diva that is demanding to be given a feature role

I'm shocked...SHOCKED...that you feel this way.

Ditto. There's nothing wrong with liking Jackson (only one I'm fine with over Ball;lean Ball) but his hate on Ball is ridiculous.

the only thing ridiculous is it bothers you that I am not high on Ball...you have came at me with these comments the last couple days, and has the fact that I have ignored you not indicated to you that I could care less what you thought? Be a part of the conversation and stop just jumping in with rude and passive aggressive comments.

I truly appreciate that you admit to caring. That's step one.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Last year no. 12 leader in blocks is SF Jerami Grant. No. 9 is Paul Millsap. Bell share the same wingspan with both at 7'0''.

Milsap and Grant are both pretty significantly longer actually. Bell's wingspan 2-4" shorter and his reach is also shorter
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Andre Drummond, even with his height advantage and 8'0'' wingspan sits at the 24th spot last year while on the 28th this year.

Not all about the measurable. No one can measure timing, knack and desire but they can show up in the stats.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Milsap and Grant are both pretty significantly longer actually. Bell's wingspan 2-4" shorter and his reach is also shorter

Who's your sauce?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Andre Drummond, even with his height advantage and 8'0'' wingspan sits at the 24th spot last year while on the 28th this year.

Not all about the measurable. No one can measure timing, knack and desire but they can show up in the stats.

Yea for sure there are other factors.. But the stats/leaders imply that there is indeed, a cutoff of measurables. I don't think there are any above avg PF shot blockers with his measruables..
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Yea for sure there are other factors.. But the stats/leaders imply that there is indeed, a cutoff of measurables. I don't think there are any above avg PF shot blockers with his measruables..

To be fair, he does more than block shots. He's also a very good rebounder, good team defender and an overall high level athlete.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Nonthelesssss. I'm super excited for the draft, really just to see who's #28
My dream picks are either Hartenstien or Bolden.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Who is Jordan Bell compared to by NBA scouts?

Tarick Black? lol
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Former will be a massive steal and perfect backup to Zubac. I would let Black go tbh. And sign TR on a minimum.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Former will be a massive steal and perfect backup to Zubac. I would let Black go tbh. And sign TR on a minimum.

Ya i love Hartenstien. In this modern NBA, I think he projects to be more of a starter than Zu
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:02 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Thank you. I think he's going to have issues as a small ball center with his smaller frame and shorter wingspan, and he won't be able to harm teams on the other end to make up for it. He's an athletic PF with quick hands and court awareness like Nance who can switch all over the place like Julius, but he's going to need a unicorn big as a partner to minimize his liabilities.

I think if he comes in he'll be replacing Nance, not Tarik.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Thank you. I think he's going to have issues as a small ball center with his smaller frame and shorter wingspan, and he won't be able to harm teams on the other end to make up for it. He's an athletic PF with quick hands and court awareness like Nance who can switch all over the place like Julius, but he's going to need a unicorn big as a partner to minimize his liabilities.

Nance is something of an older version of him, with a jumper that has more potential. Right? I've never watched one clip of the kid, lol
I don't get the infatuation w his game overall or his fit here
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject:

THE GOODS wrote:
I'm good with a Ball/Bell draft. We can go a number of ways with the #2 pick but just by how Magic sounds off on Lonzo and Lavar, it looks like he's the favorite right now. In all honesty, I don't really know who I want at #2 because the top of the draft can go any way.

Jordan Bell is set to work out for us next week I believe along with a bunch of other guys. I hope he impresses our staff. He's a well spoken guy who knows what he brings to the table and will play his role. As some of you have been saying I just like the upside and versatility on the defensive end if we have Bell, Nance, and even Nwaba to be our disruptors. I'm just sick and tired of

Ring my Bell!

We have a lot of "chill" guys on our team, DLO/possibly Ball/Ingram/JC, etc.

Would be nice to have a defensive culture setter like Bell.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Tarick Black? lol

A young Dennis Rodman who could guard all 5 positions (ceiling).

Floor? Hakim Warrick, maybe Tyrus Thomas with a better motor.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Yong wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Ya i love Hartenstien. In this modern NBA, I think he projects to be more of a starter than Zu

If he fell too 28 it would be big of steal as get getting Zu.. we would be set at center with those 2 guys .
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Nance is something of an older version of him, with a jumper that has more potential. Right? I've never watched one clip of the kid, lol

Yeah, Nance was more advanced offensively than Bell at the same age, but I think Bell's superior lateral quickness would give him an edge over Larry defensively - Bell has the same quick hands, recognition, and motor to be a very good help defender, but I think he'll be a better man defender than Larry who has struggled so far on switches.

If they like Bell as BPA, they should go for it, but dude is strictly a PF, imo, and at least one of Larry or Julius will need to be moved to balance a roster full of tweener big men.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Yeah, Nance was more advanced offensively than Bell at the same age, but I think Bell's superior lateral quickness would give him an edge over Larry defensively - Bell has the same quick hands, recognition, and motor to be a very good help defender, but I think he'll be a better man defender than Larry who has struggled so far on switches.

If they like Bell as BPA, they should go for it, but dude is strictly a PF, imo, and at least one of Larry or Julius will need to be moved to balance a roster full of tweener big men.

Yeah. Larry is vertically elite, but pretty poor laterally; Bell is elite laterally.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Tarick Black? lol

If we're throwing out Dennis Rodman comps for Bell, then Ball has the ceiling to be the next Magic and Jackson could become TMac meets Andre Iguodala.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject:

Fun to watch the "favorites" at #28 change every couple of days. Not just by us fans but by the mock drafts too.

DX now has the Lakers taking Rabb at #28. NFLDraftnet predicts Bell. Big push by fans here to go Bolden.

Seems to be a lot of talent at in that 25-45 range. I am going to trust the Lakers will add a quality player, just at what position do they prioritize? They have done a great job over the past couple years finding some gems in this draft area. Clarkson, Nance, Zubac. Exception being Brown.

Still would be interested in buying a 2nd if reasonable. For example, I may like a Ball and Bell combo but it would be even better if they could add a C like Bradley or Bryant too.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Tarick Black? lol

If we're throwing out Dennis Rodman comps for Bell, then Ball has the ceiling to be the next Magic and Jackson could become TMac meets Andre Iguodala.

Bear in mind, a young Rodman was a vastly different player than the Bulls version. I remember a young Rodman chasing PGs and being a laterally unbelievably quick player who could guard multiple positions.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject:

I'd guess Bell's only value offensively would be running his lane hard for our gaurds(who need that), and screen setting.. I just can't take that with the talent that'll be on the board at 28
A player like Hart could be a nice cog in either unit, and also make Clarkson expendable. And if we take a bigman, I'm taking a floor stretcher - one with size and quick feet , there are a few of these guys that will be available
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I'd guess Bell's only value offensively would be running his lane hard for our gaurds(who need that), and screen setting.. I just can't take that with the talent that'll be on the board at 28
A player like Hart could be a nice cog in either unit, and also make Clarkson expendable. And if we take a bigman, I'm taking a floor stretcher - one with size and quick feet , there are a few of these guys that will be available

We have so many needs. A multi positional defender is one on my list too. I hear you though. We lack shooting, one reason why we probably pass on Jackson/Fox.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 745, 746, 747 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next
Page 746 of 1281
Jump to: