2017 Lakers Draft Discussion Thread ** DRAFT DAY** (2: Ball, 27: Kuzma, 30: Hart and 42: Bryant )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1133, 1134, 1135 ... 1278, 1279, 1280  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who you got after Fultz?
Lonzo Ball
75%
 75%  [ 315 ]
Josh Jackson
15%
 15%  [ 64 ]
Jayson Tatum
1%
 1%  [ 8 ]
De'Aaron Fox
4%
 4%  [ 20 ]
Malik Monk
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
Jonathan Isaac
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 416

Author Message
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 1935
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject:

Clarkson, #28, and a future 2nd to SAC for Afflalo (expiring) and #10 (Kennard):

Ball/Ennis
Russell/Kennard/Nwaba
Ingram/Brewer
Randle/Nance/Deng
Mozgov/Zubac/Black
_________________


In Kobe I trust.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 26254

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:27 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Ryan Ward: More pre-draft workouts for the Lakers on Monday:
Zach Collins
Avery Holmes
Cole Huff,
Luke Nelson
Luke Petrasek
Seab Webster
– via Twitter RyanWardLA

_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 7804
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject:

HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Clarkson, #28, and a future 2nd to SAC for Afflalo (expiring) and #10 (Kennard):

Ball/Ennis
Russell/Kennard/Nwaba
Ingram/Brewer
Randle/Nance/Deng
Mozgov/Zubac/Black


For a team clearly undertaking a rebuild, I don't think it makes sense for the Kings to give up #10 for JC (how does he fit their timeline?) and the #28. I think it makes more sense to try to get Detroit's #12 pick, since it's been reported that Van Gundy wants a veteran player that can help them win now. And while JC isn't an All-Star, getting him AND the #28 pick might compel them to part with #12, who knows.
_________________
"The World Champion Los Angeles Lakers are on the air!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 14593
Location: The Garden Island

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject:

betterthanhalf wrote:
If the Lakers were to wait for PG13, I wonder if Sac would do Clarkson and #28 for #10.

I think the Lakers want Kennard.

Ball, Kennard, and PG13 in '18, not bad.


Sign me up for that on draft day!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 14593
Location: The Garden Island

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Got a question, who would you rather the Lakers draft?

Zach Collins at 10-15

or Isaiah Hartenstein at 28?



Collins at 10-15 all day.


But I like the idea of Kennard even more in that same range.

Let's just send out Deng and Moz to teams needing "vet leadership" and get late lotto picks back. That should work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 14593
Location: The Garden Island

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject:

Just about 3 1/2 days to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MyKRo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2003
Posts: 5714
Location: Los Angeles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject:

Lakers gonna get that Ball boy!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
P.K.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2003
Posts: 18914

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:13 am    Post subject:

Interesting: Mike & Mike are on right now, and they are saying that Ainge thought Fultz was in the same skill group as 4-5 other draftees. And, Ainge didn't think there was a surefire star in the draft.

Ainge was okay with trading Fultz because he thought he could get JJ/Tatum/Fox and they were just as good as Fultz or Ball.
_________________
BI, PG13, Kuz, Ball, Zu: the future core
Never argue with a fool - listeners can't tell you apart
Wilt's unstoppable fadeaway: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O9MgNfcGJA
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 25978

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:14 am    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
Interesting: Mike & Mike are on right now, and they are saying that Ainge thought Fultz was in the same skill group as 4-5 other draftees. And, Ainge didn't think there was a surefire star in the draft.

Ainge was okay with trading Fultz because he thought he could get JJ/Tatum/Fox and they were just as good as Fultz or Ball.


Fultz didn't have a good workout for Boston, reportedly didn't shoot well. Also didn't shoot well at the Philly workout
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 1935
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:16 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Clarkson, #28, and a future 2nd to SAC for Afflalo (expiring) and #10 (Kennard):

Ball/Ennis
Russell/Kennard/Nwaba
Ingram/Brewer
Randle/Nance/Deng
Mozgov/Zubac/Black


For a team clearly undertaking a rebuild, I don't think it makes sense for the Kings to give up #10 for JC (how does he fit their timeline?) and the #28. I think it makes more sense to try to get Detroit's #12 pick, since it's been reported that Van Gundy wants a veteran player that can help them win now. And while JC isn't an All-Star, getting him AND the #28 pick might compel them to part with #12, who knows.


Ok. So how about this?

LAL in: #10, Afflalo
LAL out: Clarkson, #28, future 2nd

= LAL gets an expiring K in Afflalo and is in position to draft the best shooter in the draft (Kennard) while preserving cap space to have a better shot at re-signing Julius AND signing PG outright after next season.

SAC in: #12, Ish Smith, Stanley Johnson
SAC out: #10, Afflalo

= SAC only drops two spots and acquires two young, potential starters (or at the very least, solid backups) in the backcourt alongside Hield.

DET in: Clarkson, #28, LAL future 2nd
DET out: #12, Ish Smith, Stanley Johnson

= DET finds a KCP replacement and high-energy combo guard while still keeping a 1st rounder (and future 2nd) to potentially deal for another veteran piece.
_________________


In Kobe I trust.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rockyp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Mar 2014
Posts: 334

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:24 am    Post subject:

Is it possible that Fultz is stunk up his workout in Philly cause he'd rather go to the Lakers?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 7804
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:24 am    Post subject:

HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Clarkson, #28, and a future 2nd to SAC for Afflalo (expiring) and #10 (Kennard):

Ball/Ennis
Russell/Kennard/Nwaba
Ingram/Brewer
Randle/Nance/Deng
Mozgov/Zubac/Black


For a team clearly undertaking a rebuild, I don't think it makes sense for the Kings to give up #10 for JC (how does he fit their timeline?) and the #28. I think it makes more sense to try to get Detroit's #12 pick, since it's been reported that Van Gundy wants a veteran player that can help them win now. And while JC isn't an All-Star, getting him AND the #28 pick might compel them to part with #12, who knows.


Ok. So how about this?

LAL in: #10, Afflalo
LAL out: Clarkson, #28, future 2nd

= LAL gets an expiring K in Afflalo and is in position to draft the best shooter in the draft (Kennard) while preserving cap space to have a better shot at re-signing Julius AND signing PG outright after next season.

SAC in: #12, Ish Smith, Stanley Johnson
SAC out: #10, Afflalo

= SAC only drops two spots and acquires two young, potential starters (or at the very least, solid backups) in the backcourt alongside Hield.

DET in: Clarkson, #28, LAL future 2nd
DET out: #12, Ish Smith, Stanley Johnson

= DET finds a KCP replacement and high-energy combo guard while still keeping a 1st rounder (and future 2nd) to potentially deal for another veteran piece.


I think it's a bit unfair for DET and really good for SAC. I think that JC/28/future 2nd from the Lakers feels fair for #12, but DET isn't getting anything else, and they are also giving up Stanley Johnson. And SAC is only moving down 2 spots and getting another prospect that still has a chance and was a recent lottery pick in Johnson. I certainly think it's reasonable for the Lakers, as we pick up #10 and Afflalo is actually only guaranteed for $1.5MM (of his $12.5MM salary) if he's waived before June 23rd, and that's no coincidence that the date is 6/23 when the draft is the day before.
_________________
"The World Champion Los Angeles Lakers are on the air!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 1638

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:28 am    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
Interesting: Mike & Mike are on right now, and they are saying that Ainge thought Fultz was in the same skill group as 4-5 other draftees. And, Ainge didn't think there was a surefire star in the draft.

Ainge was okay with trading Fultz because he thought he could get JJ/Tatum/Fox and they were just as good as Fultz or Ball.


As much as I hate Ainge, I think he has the right idea of being "happy" with the 3rd pick AND1.

If his calculations are correct, he could still pick the player I knew he wanted in the first place - Josh Jackson.

It's the Sixers who got played for this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 1935
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:31 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Clarkson, #28, and a future 2nd to SAC for Afflalo (expiring) and #10 (Kennard):

Ball/Ennis
Russell/Kennard/Nwaba
Ingram/Brewer
Randle/Nance/Deng
Mozgov/Zubac/Black


For a team clearly undertaking a rebuild, I don't think it makes sense for the Kings to give up #10 for JC (how does he fit their timeline?) and the #28. I think it makes more sense to try to get Detroit's #12 pick, since it's been reported that Van Gundy wants a veteran player that can help them win now. And while JC isn't an All-Star, getting him AND the #28 pick might compel them to part with #12, who knows.


Ok. So how about this?

LAL in: #10, Afflalo
LAL out: Clarkson, #28, future 2nd

= LAL gets an expiring K in Afflalo and is in position to draft the best shooter in the draft (Kennard) while preserving cap space to have a better shot at re-signing Julius AND signing PG outright after next season.

SAC in: #12, Ish Smith, Stanley Johnson
SAC out: #10, #34, Afflalo

= SAC only drops two spots and acquires two young, potential starters (or at the very least, solid backups) in the backcourt alongside Hield.

DET in: Clarkson, Green (from SA for #28), #34, LAL future 2nd
DET out: #12, Ish Smith, Stanley Johnson, Baynes (to SA)

= DET finds a KCP replacement and high-energy combo guard while still keeping a 1st rounder (and future 2nd) to potentially deal for another veteran piece.

SA in: Baynes, #28
SA out: Green


I think it's a bit unfair for DET and really good for SAC. I think that JC/28/future 2nd from the Lakers feels fair for #12, but DET isn't getting anything else, and they are also giving up Stanley Johnson. And SAC is only moving down 2 spots and getting another prospect that still has a chance and was a recent lottery pick in Johnson. I certainly think it's reasonable for the Lakers, as we pick up #10 and Afflalo is actually only guaranteed for $1.5MM (of his $12.5MM salary) if he's waived before June 23rd, and that's no coincidence that the date is 6/23 when the draft is the day before.


I'm not sure DET is at all sold on Johnson. SVG needs shooters and Stanley just doesn't have the range. In his two years, he's started a total of 7 games and has pretty poor averages of 6.2ppg, 3.3rpg, 1.5apg, .367fg%, .301 3fg% in 20.4mpg. Not very impressive at all so a change of scenery would probably be beneficial for both parties. I guess SAC could include the #34 to DET as a sweetener if necessary. It then wouldn't be a bad idea for them to flip the #28 + filler (Baynes?) for a guy like Danny Green, turning the deal into #12, Smith, Johnson, Baynes for Clarkson, Green, #34 and a future 2nd. [I edited the deal above to reflect these changes.]
_________________


In Kobe I trust.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 7804
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:48 am    Post subject:

HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Clarkson, #28, and a future 2nd to SAC for Afflalo (expiring) and #10 (Kennard):

Ball/Ennis
Russell/Kennard/Nwaba
Ingram/Brewer
Randle/Nance/Deng
Mozgov/Zubac/Black


For a team clearly undertaking a rebuild, I don't think it makes sense for the Kings to give up #10 for JC (how does he fit their timeline?) and the #28. I think it makes more sense to try to get Detroit's #12 pick, since it's been reported that Van Gundy wants a veteran player that can help them win now. And while JC isn't an All-Star, getting him AND the #28 pick might compel them to part with #12, who knows.


Ok. So how about this?

LAL in: #10, Afflalo
LAL out: Clarkson, #28, future 2nd

= LAL gets an expiring K in Afflalo and is in position to draft the best shooter in the draft (Kennard) while preserving cap space to have a better shot at re-signing Julius AND signing PG outright after next season.

SAC in: #12, Ish Smith, Stanley Johnson
SAC out: #10, #34, Afflalo

= SAC only drops two spots and acquires two young, potential starters (or at the very least, solid backups) in the backcourt alongside Hield.

DET in: Clarkson, Green (from SA for #28), #34, LAL future 2nd
DET out: #12, Ish Smith, Stanley Johnson, Baynes (to SA)

= DET finds a KCP replacement and high-energy combo guard while still keeping a 1st rounder (and future 2nd) to potentially deal for another veteran piece.

SA in: Baynes, #28
SA out: Green


I think it's a bit unfair for DET and really good for SAC. I think that JC/28/future 2nd from the Lakers feels fair for #12, but DET isn't getting anything else, and they are also giving up Stanley Johnson. And SAC is only moving down 2 spots and getting another prospect that still has a chance and was a recent lottery pick in Johnson. I certainly think it's reasonable for the Lakers, as we pick up #10 and Afflalo is actually only guaranteed for $1.5MM (of his $12.5MM salary) if he's waived before June 23rd, and that's no coincidence that the date is 6/23 when the draft is the day before.


I'm not sure DET is at all sold on Johnson. SVG needs shooters and Stanley just doesn't have the range. In his two years, he's started a total of 7 games and has pretty poor averages of 6.2ppg, 3.3rpg, 1.5apg, .367fg%, .301 3fg% in 20.4mpg. Not very impressive at all so a change of scenery would probably be beneficial for both parties. I guess SAC could include the #34 to DET as a sweetener if necessary. It then wouldn't be a bad idea for them to flip the #28 + filler (Baynes?) for a guy like Danny Green, turning the deal into #12, Smith, Johnson, Baynes for Clarkson, Green, #34 and a future 2nd. [I edited the deal above to reflect these changes.]


If the Spurs would actually do that (Green for #28), I don't think this is unfair. I think the #34 helps Detroit a bit, and this would give SVG two veteran players to help them win now, particularly Green as a veteran. So I guess the Spurs do this just for the cap space? I know they get back a decent pick, but I don't think they would do this unless they were clearing space for a run at a free agent.
_________________
"The World Champion Los Angeles Lakers are on the air!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 2142
Location: NYC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject:

rybee wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19676744/los-angeles-lakers-trying-acquire-another-first-round-pick-nba-draft

Quote:

Lakers looking to add another 1st round draft pick, sources say

The Los Angeles Lakers are trying to acquire another first round pick in this Thursday's NBA draft, league sources told ESPN.

The Lakers have engaged at least two other teams in the lottery, sources said, as they search for players to improve their outside shooting and perimeter defense.

Los Angeles holds both the second and 28th picks in this year's draft. While their have been inquires on the No. 2 pick, sources said it remains unlikely the Lakers would trade out of that position.

Los Angeles is giving strong consideration to UCLA's Lonzo Ball, Kansas' Josh Jackson and Kentucky's De'Aaron Fox with the No. 2 pick. Ball hosted a second workout for the Lakers on Friday -- the only team he has worked out for or interviewed with. Last week Ball was considering talking to teams below the Lakers in the lottery, but sources said he still has yet to schedule any additional meetings.


Another best writer confirms lakers aren't trading #2.. would love to trade back in and snatch Collins . Hear they like Kennard tho


Last edited by Hydro21 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 2142
Location: NYC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:56 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Ryan Ward: More pre-draft workouts for the Lakers on Monday:
Zach Collins
Avery Holmes
Cole Huff,
Luke Nelson
Luke Petrasek
Seab Webster
– via Twitter RyanWardLA


If the reports are right Today should be the last day for workouts..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 26254

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject:

Our guards will have some offensive punch but no matter who we draft, IMO, our guards will struggle defensively again this season.

Clarkson is our quickest guard and his defense is abysmal.
D-Lo has defensive potential and length but lacks elite speed.
Ball is faster but is not much better defensively than either of those guys.
Nwaba is our only defensive-minded guard and the jury is still out on him.
Ennis is suspect too (if he comes back).
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 7804
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:19 am    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
rybee wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19676744/los-angeles-lakers-trying-acquire-another-first-round-pick-nba-draft

Quote:

Lakers looking to add another 1st round draft pick, sources say

The Los Angeles Lakers are trying to acquire another first round pick in this Thursday's NBA draft, league sources told ESPN.

The Lakers have engaged at least two other teams in the lottery, sources said, as they search for players to improve their outside shooting and perimeter defense.

Los Angeles holds both the second and 28th picks in this year's draft. While their have been inquires on the No. 2 pick, sources said it remains unlikely the Lakers would trade out of that position.

Los Angeles is giving strong consideration to UCLA's Lonzo Ball, Kansas' Josh Jackson and Kentucky's De'Aaron Fox with the No. 2 pick. Ball hosted a second workout for the Lakers on Friday -- the only team he has worked out for or interviewed with. Last week Ball was considering talking to teams below the Lakers in the lottery, but sources said he still has yet to schedule any additional meetings.


Another best writer confirms lakers aren't trading #2..


Ball still hasn't scheduled anything else with other teams, which to me is a pretty strong indication that he will be the pick at 2. But I think it's smart for us to float out there that we still like Fox and are considering him, just to keep the possibility open that Sacramento gets desperate and offers us something that we can't say no to.

I see Detroit as the most likely trade partner of any team in the lottery (something like JC and 28 for 12).

Another possibility could be Charlotte at #11. They have let it be known that they are in search of a competent backup PG, as Ramon Sessions was pretty bad last season and Kemba Walker has to carry a lot of the load. Clarkson could actually help them quite a bit. Maybe we could give them JC and the #28, and they give us the #11, Sessions (has a team option for about $6.3MM, so they could exercise that and move him, similar to how we could exercise Black's option and trade him), and the cheap contracts of Treveon Graham and Johnny O'Bryant. (This would work within the rules, as JC's incoming salary can be 150% of the outgoing salary as long as the outgoing salary is less than $9.8MM, which it would be.)
_________________
"The World Champion Los Angeles Lakers are on the air!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 28671
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:23 am    Post subject:

^That very much depends on who you pick at 11 I guess, but is that player really better than Clarkson? I doubt it, and we'd be giving up the 28 too

It feels too much like a salary dump and in my opinion we should definitely not treat clarkson like a salary dump. He is a competent player who was actually in the running for 6MOY last year for the first 20 games.

The deng and mozgov contracts are really messing with everyone's perception of how much our players should be paid. Yes those are bad contracts, but clarkson's is not
_________________
also sprach magic johnson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 7804
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
^That very much depends on who you pick at 11 I guess, but is that player really better than Clarkson? I doubt it, and we'd be giving up the 28 too

It feels too much like a salary dump and in my opinion we should definitely not treat clarkson like a salary dump. He is a competent player who was actually in the running for 6MOY last year for the first 20 games.

The deng and mozgov contracts are really messing with everyone's perception of how much our players should be paid. Yes those are bad contracts, but clarkson's is not


A lottery pick could be used to get PG. Also, I'd much rather have Zach Collins or Luke Kennard or Donovan Mitchell than JC. It's just a better value, particularly when you consider that they will be on rookie contracts. JC wasn't on a rookie deal for too long, is now on a $12.5MM per year deal, and he's simply not worth nearly as much value at that salary. A salary which is fair, just not a great value.
_________________
"The World Champion Los Angeles Lakers are on the air!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 2699

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject:

There are multiple reports that Magic likes Fultz, Ball, Jackson, and Fox. Here is one of them, but there are many more if you care to look it up:

https://lakersoutsiders.com/2017/05/09/2017-nba-draft-lakers-locked-in-on-ball-fultz-fox-jackson-with-top-pick/

Obviously, Fultz is off the table. Assuming Magic is indifferent to the other 3, we should trade Deng and our pick to the Suns for the #4. We are guaranteed to get one of the 3 (I think we still end up with Ball). This should be the play all day long.

We off Deng, and then we can focus on offing Moz to the Nets for Lopez. We would have to throw in our other 1st (and maybe Clarkson).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 7804
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
There are multiple reports that Magic likes Fultz, Ball, Jackson, and Fox. Here is one of them, but there are many more if you care to look it up:

https://lakersoutsiders.com/2017/05/09/2017-nba-draft-lakers-locked-in-on-ball-fultz-fox-jackson-with-top-pick/

Obviously, Fultz is off the table. Assuming Magic is indifferent to the other 3, we should trade Deng and our pick to the Suns for the #4. We are guaranteed to get one of the 3 (I think we still end up with Ball). This should be the play all day long.

We off Deng, and then we can focus on offing Moz to the Nets for Lopez. We would have to throw in our other 1st (and maybe Clarkson).


I think the Suns would take Ball, with the idea that he and Booker would be their backcourt and that Ball's passing would make Booker (and other guys) better. I suppose it's possible that they could pass on him if they don't want to take a guy that they didn't work out, but I think they would take him. If we KNEW that they would take JJ though, and we like Ball the most, then, yes, this is a deal I would make if I could dump Deng. Because I think Boston would take Tatum at 3. But if we truly love Ball and think that he would be a culture changer for us, then I'm not sure we can risk it. It will be interesting to know what Magic and Rob and company's evaluation will be.
_________________
"The World Champion Los Angeles Lakers are on the air!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AmoebaD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 26 Apr 2005
Posts: 579
Location: Thermopylae

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:48 am    Post subject:

I'll take a stab at it. Note, this is pure speculation:

Take the D'Lo to Miami Trade rumor (with Justise Winslow tweeting something about D'Lo) and then mix that up with Magic and Riley being friends and talking with each other in person within the last 2 weeks (see the videos of them two together doing a talk), and then you just fill in the blanks:

D'Lo and Deng to Miami Heat

14 pick and Chris Bosh to Los Angeles Lakers

and then fill in whatever's left to make the trade even.



So, the reasoning behind D'Lo going to Miami is... truthfully there is no reason on my part, it's just that that's part of that rumor but if I had to guess, I would guess because they would want a promising young player back if they're going to trade pick number 14. Deng being included is obvious, Miami needs someone to replace Bosh, and Deng was there not 2 years ago and they know him and trust him and know that he can play the 4 as needed. The reason it's Deng and not Mozgov is because they have Whiteside, a young center, who will take most of the playing time at 5.

If I'm not mistaken (anyone chime in if I'm wrong of course), The reasoning for the Lakers would be, they would get Cap space by getting rid of Deng's contract and waiving Bosh's contract. Miami recently got permission to waive Bosh's contract because he's not medically cleared to play and people were wondering why they haven't done it yet. Well, this is why! So they can Trade it to a team that wants Cap Relief!

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nbas-medical-review-reportedly-allows-miami-heat-waive-chris-bosh-clear-salary-230327288.html

Quote:
The medical ruling grants Miami crucial cap relief as it look to build on a 30-11 record over the latter half of this past season. Once the Heat place the 33-year-old Bosh on waivers, they’ll be roughly $37 million under the cap by the time free agency begins on July 1. If Bosh’s contract had remained on the books, it likely would have prevented the Heat from making significant additions to their roster. Now they have the opportunity to pursue some of this summer’s highest-profile free agents.


But of course it looks like they would have to do this trade before July 1st so that the Lakers can acquire Bosh's contract and then waive him before July 1st.

We get compensation for D'Lo with the number 14 pick also which can be anyone from Zach Collins, Frank Ntilikina, Luke Kennard or even Harry Giles (whoever ends up falling to 14). And if it's a center or forward that we pick at 14, it opens up more playing time for Lonzo or Fultz (whoever drops to us at 2) and the plethora of guards that we already have on our roster (Clarkson, Nwaba and Ennis) by moving D'Lo out of L.A.

---

Also, as a side note, isn't it interesting that the draft order for the first four picks is the same this year now as it was last year? A little weird.
_________________
They're/You're/It's = They are/You are/It is; Their/Your/Its = Possessive of They/You/It; There = the adverb (like over there).

You Can't Always Get What You Want
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lewis
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Oct 2013
Posts: 994

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
There are multiple reports that Magic likes Fultz, Ball, Jackson, and Fox. Here is one of them, but there are many more if you care to look it up:

https://lakersoutsiders.com/2017/05/09/2017-nba-draft-lakers-locked-in-on-ball-fultz-fox-jackson-with-top-pick/

Obviously, Fultz is off the table. Assuming Magic is indifferent to the other 3, we should trade Deng and our pick to the Suns for the #4. We are guaranteed to get one of the 3 (I think we still end up with Ball). This should be the play all day long.

We off Deng, and then we can focus on offing Moz to the Nets for Lopez. We would have to throw in our other 1st (and maybe Clarkson).


suns only does this trade if they want Ball. Why else would they want to move to #2. As for dumping Moz and Deng....why who is signing here now? we can wait another year to dump them and the price will be smaller.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1133, 1134, 1135 ... 1278, 1279, 1280  Next
Page 1134 of 1280
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB