2017 Lakers Draft Discussion Thread ** DRAFT DAY** (2: Ball, 27: Kuzma, 30: Hart and 42: Bryant )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1266, 1267, 1268 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who you got after Fultz?
Lonzo Ball
75%
 75%  [ 315 ]
Josh Jackson
15%
 15%  [ 64 ]
Jayson Tatum
1%
 1%  [ 8 ]
De'Aaron Fox
4%
 4%  [ 20 ]
Malik Monk
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
Jonathan Isaac
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 416

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject:

great night. Anyone who complains is a whiner
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

yinoma2001 wrote:
vicman wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

We'll see how free agency shakes out since some teams seem poised to blow it up (like ATL), but this Lakers roster is still easily in the bottom 3-5 with the Nets, Sacramento, Orlando, and Phoenix.

Oh, and Chicago!

I'm with you Yinoma. I find it very unlikely that Lonzo is better than 2nd year Russell. Great as Lonzo might be, there'll be an adjustment.
And Mozgov+Young+Williams > Lopez.

Wild card is who they sign to a big 1 year contract to punt cap space for next year. If they can nab a really good guard I can see them getting up to 30.

I agree, and that's no dig at Lonzo. We need to let him develop, but it might be a rough season without a good one year rental. Hopefully Randle or Ingram can make that leap.

Yeah. They're 19. I hope that we don't have the type of unreal expectation we heaped on DLo from day 1. Give them time and room to grow.
dlo suffered because while being a good passer he was consistently making stupid plays and also not putting forth the effort. I think that wore people down I know it wore on me and I pumped dlo up to everyone around me for a long time. It's obvious he has the talent to be good but doesn't have the it factor. Maybe he comes around but honestly if magic and Luke decided to move him then they thought the things I just mentioned out weighed the potential. Personally I think a Ball dlo backcourt would have been a disaster much more excited bout Ball hart smart basketball players make a huge difference especially when they are guards

My point is that seeing 19 year old DLo and Ingram, it should be our default position to be patient and not expect them to play like rookie year Magic. It's not a difficult concept.
oh I agree but people were more patient with Ingram because even though he didn't always make the play he usually read it right and the effort was always there. Dlo brought it on himself
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

I'm surprised we took 4 rookies. I hope it all works out for them here. If they can all hit threes it will be a huge plus.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Cochese wrote:
I'm surprised we took 4 rookies. I hope it all works out for them here. If they can all hit threes it will be a huge plus.

So are Magic and Rob. I'm sure that wasn't the plan.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject:

I would be happy if one of Kuzma, Hart, or Bryant turns into a productive player like Nance/Zubac. If they all turn into Ebanks, Caracter, Kelly, Morris, Brown type of players. Ewww.
underdogsgv
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
underdogsgv wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Lakers might officially have the worst FO in the NBA.

Even the Kings have started to make good decisions. Their roster looks better than the Lakers right now.

I don't love their draft (Frank Mason is actually my favorite pick), but they have a rational roster with some nice young upside guys in Skal, Giles, and Fox.

They removed a cancer in cousins and now seem to have a roster full of young, hard working players that expect to win with major upside.

Fox
Buddy
Jackson ( least fav pick but will play a role)
Giles
Skal
WCS
Richardson

I'd take that young core over the Lakers young core now that we dumped Russell for nothing.

That looks like a 14 win Kings team right there. Definitely nice upside, though.

Kings went 8-15 last year without Cousins and that was with Rookie Hield, Skal + Richardson.

If Lakers don't make any big FA signing, the Kings will finish with a better record than the Lakers.

Possibly. Glancing at the boxscores of those 8 wins the Kings had, in each game, either Collison or Ty Law (or both) had a big hand in them. Doesn't look like they'll be back, and they're being replaced by a rookie pg, who despite looking very talented, may not be able to run a team as smoothly as either one of those veterans (I'm well aware that Ty Lawson as looked upon as a joke now, but he had a triple double in one of those 8 wins).
#32 is the greatest Laker ever.

Last edited by underdogsgv on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Cochese wrote:

They have no plan other than trying to Max players next year. If Jerry West were here he would of never of made that move without having something lined up. The Lakers played themselves and let go of DLO a year too soon.
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
Damn this could be a rough year record wise...

If we don't get George, Who are we targeting via FA to fill the 2 spot? Needs to be on a flexible deal to allow the pursuit of 2 max FA.

I cant imagine Magic being ok with putting this team on display next season as currently constructed.

Miami will land either Hayward or Blake Griffin, and Dion Waiters will sign a one-year deal with the Lakers for $15m. I feel pretty good about that.

Ball / Clarkson / Ennis
Waiters / Hart / Nwaba
Ingram / Deng / Brewer
Randle / Nance / Kuzma
Lopez / Zubac / Black / Bryant

We'll win around 30 games and have to give up the 6-9th pick to Philly. But the following season, things will be much different.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject:

PROPHET wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Cochese wrote:

They have no plan other than trying to Max players next year. If Jerry West were here he would of never of made that move without having something lined up. The Lakers played themselves and let go of DLO a year too soon.

West is trying to move deandre for a pick. He was trying to do exactly that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:

If we don't get George, Who are we targeting via FA to fill the 2 spot? Needs to be on a flexible deal to allow the pursuit of 2 max FA.

I cant imagine Magic being ok with putting this team on display next season as currently constructed.

Agreed. Hopefully pg13 makes his way here. The pickings are slim at 1 year veteran wing scorers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
BobbyB wrote:

He has repeatedly said dont expect this to turn around quickly.

That is inconsistent with a 2 max for 2018 strategy. He is trying to turn it around quickly.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Even the Kings have started to make good decisions. Their roster looks better than the Lakers right now.

I don't love their draft (Frank Mason is actually my favorite pick), but they have a rational roster with some nice young upside guys in Skal, Giles, and Fox.

They removed a cancer in cousins and now seem to have a roster full of young, hard working players that expect to win with major upside.

Fox
Buddy
Giles
Skal
WCS
Richardson

I'd take that young core over the Lakers young core now that we dumped Russell for nothing.

You would trade those guys for Lonzo, Ingram, Randle, Clarkson, Nance, and Zubac? IMO the 6 that I mentioned easily beat the 7 that you mentioned.

The Lakers have 2 players with all-star/ superstar potential. The Kings roster now has 4 players with all-star/ superstar potential.

I doubt we can even get a 1st round pick for Nance or Clarkson now.

The Kings probably could turn Skal or Buddy into a high 1st round pick tomorrow.

Both teams will suck, the major difference is the Kings have more opportunities to develop a superstar with their young talent.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Are we happy, fam?
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
PROPHET wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Cochese wrote:

West is trying to move deandre for a pick. He was trying to do exactly that.

Sure, but he would never attach a #2 pick to do it.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

DrDent wrote:
tox wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Fox
Buddy
Giles
Skal
WCS
Richardson

Nah, Ball + Ingram easily trumps that cast of misfits

This draft alone is better than what they have. Add in BI, Nance, Jules, JC, Zu, Nwaba to that and no way anyone wants what they got over us.

Some of you will need to see how Lonzo orchestrates Luke's offense before this noise drops off (directed at OP)

#BannersOverBillboards
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LakerMindLA wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Fox
Buddy
Giles
Skal
WCS
Richardson

You would trade those guys for Lonzo, Ingram, Randle, Clarkson, Nance, and Zubac? IMO the 6 that I mentioned easily beat the 7 that you mentioned.

The Lakers have 2 players with all-star/ superstar potential. The Kings roster now has 4 players with all-star/ superstar potential.

I doubt we can even get a 1st round pick for Nance or Clarkson now.

The Kings probably could turn Skal or Buddy into a high 1st round pick tomorrow.

Both teams will suck, the major difference is the Kings have more opportunities to develop a superstar with their young talent.

Oh wow. 4 All-Stars/Superstars...
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Are we happy, fam?

#BannersOverBillboards
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

I'm very content with our draft. Versatility, shooting, mobility from all our picks. And all high character guys as well.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Me too guys. I love players with high BBBall IQ!
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Me too guys. I love players with high BBBall IQ!

Wait... I think I know what you did there.
underdogsgv
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
I'm very content with our draft. Versatility, shooting, mobility from all our picks. And all high character guys as well.

I like it. Seems like Ryan West is the common denominator between the 2 front offices. Solid, solid job.
#32 is the greatest Laker ever.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

Only thing that mattered was getting Ball. They didn't mess that, so I'm good. I think Hart will contribute next year.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

tox wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

We'll see how free agency shakes out since some teams seem poised to blow it up (like ATL), but this Lakers roster is still easily in the bottom 3-5 with the Nets, Sacramento, Orlando, and Phoenix.

Oh, and Chicago!

I'm with you Yinoma. I find it very unlikely that Lonzo is better than 2nd year Russell. Great as Lonzo might be, there'll be an adjustment.
And Mozgov+Young+Williams > Lopez.

Wild card is who they sign to a big 1 year contract to punt cap space for next year. If they can nab a really good guard I can see them getting up to 30.

I'll take that bet. How about Win Shares, BPM, and ORtg as the metrics? Best two out of three.

I think statistically Lonzo will have him beat. He'll be the Larry Nance of guards, which is really uncommon for guards. Very low usage, only ends possessions in favorable situations (which is good for his stats). The problem is that his teammates will have higher volume as a tradeoff, and that's going to be bad for guys like Randle and BI (both of whom will have the end-of-shot-clock "bad shots" responsibility). Maybe by PER Russell has him beat though.

RPM would be the fairest as it sifts through things like role. But we have to see what the guard rotation looks like. RPM still struggles with multicollinearity, and so it disadvantages the guard who has better guard teammates. Depending on how the Lakers fill out the roster, that might be either of them.

Does anyone actually care about PER in 2017 besides ESPN and John Hollinger? How about Win Shares, RPM, and ORtg?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject:

I still wanna know if Fultz "murdered" his workout or not.
Was Fultz really number 1 on their board or not?
Naomo
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

underdogsgv wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

I like it. Seems like Ryan West is the common denominator between the 2 front offices. Solid, solid job.

Yes, but will he stick around or join his dad down the hall?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1266, 1267, 1268 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next
Page 1267 of 1281
Jump to: