2017 Lakers Draft Discussion Thread ** DRAFT DAY** (2: Ball, 27: Kuzma, 30: Hart and 42: Bryant )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who you got after Fultz?
Lonzo Ball
75%
 75%  [ 315 ]
Josh Jackson
15%
 15%  [ 64 ]
Jayson Tatum
1%
 1%  [ 8 ]
De'Aaron Fox
4%
 4%  [ 20 ]
Malik Monk
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
Jonathan Isaac
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 416

CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject:

I live in Sacramento. Going to the March 17 and 19th games. So glad Gonzaga lost. UCLA will probably be the 1 seed out here now.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject:

BALL
DLO
INGRAM
LEAF
ZUBAC

That team is a contender in FIVE seasons if they ALL stay and play together.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
I live in Sacramento. Going to the March 17 and 19th games. So glad Gonzaga lost. UCLA will probably be the 1 seed out here now.

would likely have to win out and take the PAC12 tournament....Gonzaga appears to still be holding on the the #1, but Oregon is breathing down their neck. I think it is more likely UCLA gets a #2 slot in the West....unless Oregon is the #1 or #2 out West.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
tnell wrote:
I admit I haven't followed the college basketball scene closely this season but I see a lot of a Lakers fan going crazy over Ball like he's the 2nd coming lol. Is the hype legit manufactured?

He's a generational distributor, but local kid, UCLA player, and pseudo celebrity status of the ball brothers has led the facebook laker fandom into a frenzy.

Fixed that for you. Kid seriously is going to be the next A:TO gawd at the worst.

Besides being a generational distributor, if intangibles can be measured I think he'll score very high in that category. He is electrifying in every sense of the word. Even his awkward looking shooting form looks cool 😎

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
tnell wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
tnell wrote:
I admit I haven't followed the college basketball scene closely this season but I see a lot of a Lakers fan going crazy over Ball like he's the 2nd coming lol. Is the hype legit manufactured?

He's a good distributor, but local kid, UCLA player, and pseudo celebrity status of the ball brothers has led the facebook laker fandom into a frenzy.

I see. I asked because I don't really get into watching college games until tournament time.

better check out Fultz this week, cause he will be prepping for the draft during the tournament.

He didn't play tonight and may sit out next week. The only thing that might bring him out is to pkay in LA.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
tnell wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
tnell wrote:

He's a good distributor, but local kid, UCLA player, and pseudo celebrity status of the ball brothers has led the facebook laker fandom into a frenzy.

I see. I asked because I don't really get into watching college games until tournament time.

better check out Fultz this week, cause he will be prepping for the draft during the tournament.

He didn't play tonight and may sit out next week. The only thing that might bring him out is to pkay in LA.

yeah, unless he was really injured, he will play on Wednesday....too big of a stage to miss.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject:

tnell wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
tnell wrote:

Quote:
The big question is at the very top of the class, for most of the year the athletic dynamo Markelle Fultz has been the scouts’ favorite prospect, while Lonzo Ball has clambered up the ranks to be a solid number two.

My models flips that, based on its projections that Ball is the best prospect in this draft and on par with the best prospects in the last four drafts. My P-AWS draft model has Ball at 9.96 and Fultz at 8.1, which roughly translates to Fultz having an average expected outcome of a border line All-Star and Ball having an average expected outcome of a clear All-Star.

Nylon Calculus

Their projections are awful. Don't read Nylon Calculus's draft analysis.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Dilla_ wrote:
If the Lakers get the second pick who do people think they will draft?

probably Ball...even if it was close, the stuff his father is saying will play to Magic's ego and vanity. Fultz is going #1. There will be a discussion about others to try to create a debate like was done last year with Simmons and Ingram...but like Simmons last year, there is no real doubt Fultz goes #1.

Keep telling yourself that

I want Jackson, and would even consider him #1 if the Lakers had the pick, but I have seen this play out too many times....nobody will pass on Fultz. Once the lottery is decided, there will be "reports" the #1 team is considering a handful of players....the internet will argue...and in the end.....Adam Silver will be saying "with the First Pick in the 2017 NBA Draft....TEAMX selects Markelle Fultz"

Unless the Lakers miraculously get the #1, then you will hear Ball's name called first.

you have to get outside the echo chamber....in the majority of the country, Fultz is in a tier alone...and the Lakers will not have the cajones to pass on him.

Just curious, is there anyone on LG that is not from, currently reside, or have some connection to Southern California that would take Ball #1?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Dilla_ wrote:

probably Ball...even if it was close, the stuff his father is saying will play to Magic's ego and vanity. Fultz is going #1. There will be a discussion about others to try to create a debate like was done last year with Simmons and Ingram...but like Simmons last year, there is no real doubt Fultz goes #1.

I want Jackson, and would even consider him #1 if the Lakers had the pick, but I have seen this play out too many times....nobody will pass on Fultz. Once the lottery is decided, there will be "reports" the #1 team is considering a handful of players....the internet will argue...and in the end.....Adam Silver will be saying "with the First Pick in the 2017 NBA Draft....TEAMX selects Markelle Fultz"

Unless the Lakers miraculously get the #1, then you will hear Ball's name called first.

you have to get outside the echo chamber....in the majority of the country, Fultz is in a tier alone...and the Lakers will not have the cajones to pass on him.

Just curious, is there anyone on LG that is not from, currently reside, or have some connection to Southern California that would take Ball #1?

Bill Simmons recently said he'd take Ball #1... although he lives in LA, right?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
adkindo wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Dilla_ wrote:

Bill Simmons recently said he'd take Ball #1... although he lives in LA, right?

no, I would not consider him to have a "connection", but I was talking about on LG. I am sincere in the question.....I know there are analyst outside LA that love Ball....but it seems like there is a division on LG based on the very limited posters that I know where they are from or reside.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Russell1 wrote:

would likely have to win out and take the PAC12 tournament....Gonzaga appears to still be holding on the the #1, but Oregon is breathing down their neck. I think it is more likely UCLA gets a #2 slot in the West....unless Oregon is the #1 or #2 out West.

BYU is a bad loss though and they don't have the quality wins like any of the other top teams. When do the new rankings come out?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Russell1 wrote:

BYU is a bad loss though and they don't have the quality wins like any of the other top teams. When do the new rankings come out?

you do not have to convince me....I for one do not think Gonzaga is a top 4 team....but it appears ESPN and CBS kept them as a #1 Seed (4th overall) after loss. They did beat Arizona, Florida, Iowa State and Saint Mary's twice....those are all fairly higher seeds in the tournament. They will seed them after the conference tournaments finish. Selections and seeding on March 12th.

Take that back, ESPN has not updated their brackets....UCLA was a #4 last week. CBS had them at a #4 last week and moved them to a #2 this week.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Russell1 wrote:

you do not have to convince me....I for one do not think Gonzaga is a top 4 team....but it appears ESPN and CBS kept them as a #1 Seed (4th overall) after loss. They did beat Arizona, Florida, Iowa State and Saint Mary's twice....those are all fairly higher seeds in the tournament. They will seed them after the conference tournaments finish. Selections and seeding on March 12th.

Damn. Really wanted to see UCLA out here. If UCLA is a top 4 seed, you think they send them somewhere else?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Russell1 wrote:

Damn. Really wanted to see UCLA out here. If UCLA is a top 4 seed, you think they send them somewhere else?

they will not be a #4 seed....likely #2, and #3 at the worst. It depends....If they give that #1 seed in the West to Gonzaga.....they will likely give the #2 seed in the west to Oregon, UCLA or Arizona....then the other two would get kicked to #2 seeds in other regions. They will separate the 3 Pac12 schools most likely. Kansas, UNC and Nova almost seem like locks as #1 seeds....so it really comes down to if one of those PAC12 schools can win out and take the Pac12 tournament....I think that team would jump Gonzaga...but the other two likely would not be in the West bracket with that team.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Russell1 wrote:

they will not be a #4 seed....likely #2, and #3 at the worst. It depends....If they give that #1 seed in the West to Gonzaga.....they will likely give the #2 seed in the west to Oregon, UCLA or Arizona....then the other two would get kicked to #2 seeds in other regions. They will separate the 3 Pac12 schools most likely. Kansas, UNC and Nova almost seem like locks as #1 seeds....so it really comes down to if one of those PAC12 schools can win out and take the Pac12 tournament....I think that team would jump Gonzaga...but the other two likely would not be in the West bracket with that team.

Thanks. Conference tournaments are going to be interesting
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Russell1 wrote:

Also, the earlier rounds of each bracket are not within the region...for example, the first round for the #4, #5, #12 and #13 teams in the South Bracket play in Sacramento. The first weekend of the West Region....the #1 team plays in Salt Lake City and the #2 team plays in Sacramento....but the #3 Seed in the West plays in Orlando and the #4 Seed in the West plays in Buffalo . The Region is just where the regional finals are played.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Russell1 wrote:

Also, the earlier rounds of each bracket are not within the region...for example, the first round for the #4, #5, #12 and #13 teams in the South Bracket play in Sacramento. The first weekend of the West Region....the #1 team plays in Salt Lake City and the #2 team plays in Sacramento....but the #3 Seed in the West plays in Orlando and the #4 Seed in the West plays in Buffalo . The Region is just where the regional finals are played.

Lol. I hope UCLA or Arizona are the #2. Want no part of Gonzaga
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
tnell wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
tnell wrote:

Quote:
The big question is at the very top of the class, for most of the year the athletic dynamo Markelle Fultz has been the scouts’ favorite prospect, while Lonzo Ball has clambered up the ranks to be a solid number two.

My models flips that, based on its projections that Ball is the best prospect in this draft and on par with the best prospects in the last four drafts. My P-AWS draft model has Ball at 9.96 and Fultz at 8.1, which roughly translates to Fultz having an average expected outcome of a border line All-Star and Ball having an average expected outcome of a clear All-Star.

Nylon Calculus

Their projections are awful. Don't read Nylon Calculus's draft analysis.

Thank you for that. Sometimes I post links just to add to discussion, and not all of them are of equal quality.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:

Lol. I hope UCLA or Arizona are the #2. Want no part of Gonzaga

looks like ESPN (Lunardi) moved UCLA up to a #3 Seed after Gonzaga lost.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18772631
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Thank you for that. Sometimes I post links just to add to discussion, and not all of them are of equal quality.

honestly, projecting draft picks correctly is so difficult, it kind of feels like they are all pretty equal on the front end
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

honestly, projecting draft picks correctly is so difficult, it kind of feels like they are all pretty equal on the front end

I have my favorites, and I'm curious why tox specifically singles out Nylon Calculus for flawed draft projections, but definitely it's a process of sifting through the flaws and biases of draftnik bloggers and synthesizing their projections. One of the best was Layne Vashro, but he got picked up by the Nuggets front office for his proprietary draft analytics model who wrote this: Link.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

I have my favorites, and I'm curious why tox specifically singles out Nylon Calculus for flawed draft projections, but definitely it's a process of sifting through the flaws and biases of draftnik bloggers and synthesizing their projections. One of the best was Layne Vashro, but he got picked up by the Nuggets front office for his proprietary draft analytics model, and his google sheets data has been pulled from the web.

My favorite is Sam Vecenie. Either Mike or BigGame posted a guy recently that I was not familiar with...think it was Mike, but anyway since they mentioned him, have heard good things about him. He had Ball #1 if I recall. Can't think of his name at all right now.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I have my favorites, and I'm curious why tox specifically singles out Nylon Calculus for flawed draft projections, but definitely it's a process of sifting through the flaws and biases of draftnik bloggers and synthesizing their projections. One of the best was Layne Vashro, but he got picked up by the Nuggets front office for his proprietary draft analytics model, and his google sheets data has been pulled from the web.

My favorite is Sam Vecenie. Either Mike or BigGame posted a guy recently that I was not familiar with...think it was Mike, but anyway since they mentioned him, have heard good things about him. He had Ball #1 if I recall. Can't think of his name at all right now.

Cole Zwicker?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Cole Zwicker?

no, but I listen to his podcast. Solid if you are not a listener.

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/whats-on-draft-nba-draft-podcast-2/whats-on-draft-nba-draft-podcast
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Cole Zwicker?

no, but I listen to his podcast. Solid if you are not a listener.

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/whats-on-draft-nba-draft-podcast-2/whats-on-draft-nba-draft-podcast

That's Cole Zwicker and Marc Whittington who's a Sixers blogger.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next
Page 191 of 1281
Jump to: