2017 Lakers Draft Discussion Thread ** DRAFT DAY** (2: Ball, 27: Kuzma, 30: Hart and 42: Bryant )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 192, 193, 194 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who you got after Fultz?
Lonzo Ball
75%
 75%  [ 315 ]
Josh Jackson
15%
 15%  [ 64 ]
Jayson Tatum
1%
 1%  [ 8 ]
De'Aaron Fox
4%
 4%  [ 20 ]
Malik Monk
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
Jonathan Isaac
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 416

BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject:

lkjhf wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
2019 wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
if anigbogu came out this year i would take him with the rockets pick if he was still on the board. if his age is real and not an ibaka or shabazz situation then his physical tools are insane. he isn't 19 until october

waiting for OG to fall is like waiting for RHJ or Dekker to fall.. IMO he'll get close, but we'll miss out.

(if he declares)

Anigbogu is Ike anigbogu from UCLA. Not OG anunoby

Ike Anigbogu aka the next Ben Wallace

he's already got that ben wallace physique, except a couple inches taller. and he's 18. he a dam freak

He's not that tall so idk if he's taller than Wallace but yes very similar physique. He's also very strong like him and gets off the ground extremely quickly. He looked great against Zona.
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
2019 wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
if anigbogu came out this year i would take him with the rockets pick if he was still on the board. if his age is real and not an ibaka or shabazz situation then his physical tools are insane. he isn't 19 until october

waiting for OG to fall is like waiting for RHJ or Dekker to fall.. IMO he'll get close, but we'll miss out.

(if he declares)

he's already got that ben wallace physique, except a couple inches taller. and he's 18. he a dam freak

He's not that tall so idk if he's taller than Wallace but yes very similar physique. He's also very strong like him and gets off the ground extremely quickly. He looked great against Zona.

i'm very confident he's at least a couple inches taller than wallace. wallace is always listed at 6'9" but that's in shoes; you can tell when he's like nearly the same height as jalen rose standing next to him. he's more like 6'7", whereas anigbogu is a legit 6'9"-something w/o shoes. might grow to 6'10" if he's really still 18
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject:

lkjhf wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
2019 wrote:
lkjhf wrote:

(if he declares)

i'm very confident he's at least a couple inches taller than wallace. wallace is always listed at 6'9" but that's in shoes; you can tell when he's like nearly the same height as jalen rose standing next to him. he's more like 6'7", whereas anigbogu is a legit 6'9"-something w/o shoes. might grow to 6'10" if he's really still 18

Yea that's how tall I thought Anigbogu is. I didn't realize Ben Wallace was that short if you are correct.
andree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Ben Wallace in his days was strong as an ox. You make me remember 2004 and that's hurt!
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Why do the Lakers need another T. Black?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Thank you for that. Sometimes I post links just to add to discussion, and not all of them are of equal quality.

honestly, projecting draft picks correctly is so difficult, it kind of feels like they are all pretty equal on the front end

I have my favorites, and I'm curious why tox specifically singles out Nylon Calculus for flawed draft projections, but definitely it's a process of sifting through the flaws and biases of draftnik bloggers and synthesizing their projections. One of the best was Layne Vashro, but he got picked up by the Nuggets front office for his proprietary draft analytics model, and his google sheets data has been pulled from the web.

My favorite is Sam Vecenie. Either Mike or BigGame posted a guy recently that I was not familiar with...think it was Mike, but anyway since they mentioned him, have heard good things about him. He had Ball #1 if I recall. Can't think of his name at all right now.

Cole Zwicker?

I read both of those guys but I usually align with Cole 90% of the time.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

If you're referring to Anigbogu, he projects much better than T. Black.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

If you're referring to Anigbogu, he projects much better than T. Black.

Tarik Black doesn't have a 10% block percentage, which is double elite NBA shotblockers, nevermind elite rebounding too.

And he's 18.

Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject:

How far do you guys think we can move up if we package the 27th pick with our 32-34th pick?

I don't really see us adding two more rookies to the roster
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject:

For all the draft experts on here. I say that seriously as Lg has some of the best discussions on the internet for me regarding the Lakers and the draft. I've watched and played hoops for 25 years and consider myself knowledgeable but some folks on here run laps on me. Who should the Lakers truly target?? After the season is over we will have

Russell
Clarkson
Ingram
Nance
Randle
Black
Zubac
Deng
Mosgov
Brewer

So that leaves a couple free agents and a couple picks. I think the Lakers need to trade some players (Deng, Mosgov, Brewer, Black) and add some elite defenders and length. That will be tricky obviously but hopefully Mosgov can be sent away. I have hope for Deng just being a mentor and helping the young guys and playing sparingly. Hopefully the year will burn in him and he will have a little more next season. Black, who I love seems like your 3rd center not starter, we need length and beasts. Zubac is 2 years away from being a starter imo and when he is I think he's a 25-27 min a night guy. That said, Lakers need several things. A starting SG. A floor spacer at the 4. A punishing PF/C that rebounds and dominates the paint. Randle is gonna be fine. Nance is as well but I'm thinking one may need to be moved. I want that guy that blocks shots and helps on D etc...who's that in your eyes in the draft. Also, I think Hart is ready for the NBA tomorrow like Brogdon. Body. Size. Skill. He would be a nice addition at 27. I'll save my free agent hot takes

Longtime LG lurker.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
How far do you guys think we can move up if we package the 27th pick with our 32-34th pick?

Maybe #27 + #33 for #23 or #22.

Expecting to move to #20 is probably too much.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:

We could also draft an international player and stash him overseas for a year or two.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject:

OK folks, I'm going to watch my first Kansas game of the year and just going to watch Josh Jackson at all times.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject:

A couple mistakes by Jackson and he's missed 2 FT's, but I've seen enough already in 4 minutes. This dude is EVERYWHERE on the court, and really does have a great feel for passing as well. And he isn't as long as Ingram but I think he could be a better defender. He's a more fluid athlete for sure.

Since I'm not a Ball fan in the top 3, I think I have Jackson at #2 right now. If he had crisp form on his shot, he'd probably be the going-away #1 pick.
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject:

The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
For all the draft experts on here. I say that seriously as Lg has some of the best discussions on the internet for me regarding the Lakers and the draft. I've watched and played hoops for 25 years and consider myself knowledgeable but some folks on here run laps on me. Who should the Lakers truly target?? After the season is over we will have

Russell
Clarkson
Ingram
Nance
Randle
Black
Zubac
Deng
Mosgov
Brewer

So that leaves a couple free agents and a couple picks. I think the Lakers need to trade some players (Deng, Mosgov, Brewer, Black) and add some elite defenders and length. That will be tricky obviously but hopefully Mosgov can be sent away. I have hope for Deng just being a mentor and helping the young guys and playing sparingly. Hopefully the year will burn in him and he will have a little more next season. Black, who I love seems like your 3rd center not starter, we need length and beasts. Zubac is 2 years away from being a starter imo and when he is I think he's a 25-27 min a night guy. That said, Lakers need several things. A starting SG. A floor spacer at the 4. A punishing PF/C that rebounds and dominates the paint. Randle is gonna be fine. Nance is as well but I'm thinking one may need to be moved. I want that guy that blocks shots and helps on D etc...who's that in your eyes in the draft. Also, I think Hart is ready for the NBA tomorrow like Brogdon. Body. Size. Skill. He would be a nice addition at 27. I'll save my free agent hot takes

100% agree on Hart. If he's there at 27 and we don't grab him, I will be upset.

He's the classic 4yr guy who gets overlooked and in hindsight, was an obvious choice. His size, bball IQ and numbers all speak for themselves. Dude has shot 50% for basically his entire career.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject:

The Gr8 Lakes wrote:

Russell
Clarkson
Ingram
Nance
Randle
Black
Zubac
Deng
Mosgov
Brewer

Outside of Ingram and maybe Zubac, everyone, I think, is a free for all. It's not that the kids aren't talented, but I have thought that there is a lack of urgency or competitiveness within the team. The effort we saw in the first 20 games has been completely lost since. Injuries can affect results, but shouldn't affect effort.

Above everything, the Lakers need a guy (or two) that they know they will absolutely build around for the future. It's actually possible to get that guy with the #3 pick.

Right now, the team looks like a McDonald's All American team, flashes of greatness, nothing consistent, but unfortunately for this roster, no one redeemingly stands out. We don't have that one guy that could pop for 40 or 50 on a random night. We're lucky for 30, especially with Lou gone.

The Lakers, on an individual basis, just need the PT, the time to work on their skills, and then refine those skills in real time. That takes at least 2-3 years. Some guys will learn faster than others.

I'm not all in at Hart at #27.

Mikal Bridges, Luke Kennard, Donovan Mitchell, and hopefully, Ike Anigbogu will all be available at that spot. Frankly, I'd flat out Anigbogu at #27 on the premise of how I felt about Rajon Rondo. Rondo was more polished as a prospect when he was drafted, but Anigbogu is an elite level athlete, with elite motor, and has NBA rebounding and swatting abilities. He's incredibly raw, and foul prone, but is DEFINITELY the kind of defensive presence/toughness that even Tarik Black can't do by himself.

Any one of Fultz, Ball, Jackson, Tatum in the Top 3, I'll be happy with. I have my preferences, but all of these guys contribute in one way or another, to something the team needs, while enhancing talent.

#27? There's some crazy possibilities there too.

DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
A couple mistakes by Jackson and he's missed 2 FT's, but I've seen enough already in 4 minutes. This dude is EVERYWHERE on the court, and really does have a great feel for passing as well. And he isn't as long as Ingram but I think he could be a better defender. He's a more fluid athlete for sure.

Since I'm not a Ball fan in the top 3, I think I have Jackson at #2 right now. If he had crisp form on his shot, he'd probably be the going-away #1 pick.

Agree about Jackson, his Ft% is scaring ppl off, but I think if his ft% was >75% he'd be the number 1 pick. Id love to have him on this team, he's exactly what we're missing.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
tox wrote:
tnell wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
tnell wrote:
I admit I haven't followed the college basketball scene closely this season but I see a lot of a Lakers fan going crazy over Ball like he's the 2nd coming lol. Is the hype legit manufactured?

He's a good distributor, but local kid, UCLA player, and pseudo celebrity status of the ball brothers has led the facebook laker fandom into a frenzy.

I see. I asked because I don't really get into watching college games until tournament time.

Quote:
The big question is at the very top of the class, for most of the year the athletic dynamo Markelle Fultz has been the scouts’ favorite prospect, while Lonzo Ball has clambered up the ranks to be a solid number two.

My models flips that, based on its projections that Ball is the best prospect in this draft and on par with the best prospects in the last four drafts. My P-AWS draft model has Ball at 9.96 and Fultz at 8.1, which roughly translates to Fultz having an average expected outcome of a border line All-Star and Ball having an average expected outcome of a clear All-Star.

Nylon Calculus

Their projections are awful. Don't read Nylon Calculus's draft analysis.

Thank you for that. Sometimes I post links just to add to discussion, and not all of them are of equal quality.

The computers which calculated this must be in Southern California then right Adkindo?

It's getting really tiresome to be told that we only like Ball>Fultz because of where we live.

Not just tiresome, but it's such a vapid, lazy conclusion to assume there is an echo chamber due to reigon- it reeks of the "fake news" spineless cop out.
How about this: I think Ball is #1 because, well,,,, I put thought into it and I THINK HE'S #1, end of story.
Do I live in L.A.? yep, but originally being from Rochester, N.Y. the Orangemen are always my team in the tourney. People who have never lived in L.A. have NO CLUE about how transient angeleno's are.
Its too shallow to prognosticate based on region and geography, as we are seeing at lots of town halls of people who've realized they've been duped.

Ball will be rookie of the year IMO, and I don't root for UCLA.

First, your post is very negative, and very much pointing at me, so I am unsure why you tried to point it at some prototypical being. Second, me and Big Game have went back and forth on this for over a month, and I don't recall either of us being as disrespectful as your post. Sure he may not agree with my thoughts, or even be annoyed by them, but I doubt he feels I have attempted to be disrespectful to him. Finally, since you constantly make an attempt to wrap your political views into your basketball posts, isn't it weird how your political pulse is exactly that of which someone would assign to the stereotypical LA resident?

We are all creatures of our environment to some degree. As I told BigGame, I wish you were not offended by someone thinking you were influenced by the environment in which your life takes place, because I am not trying to be offensive, but I feel your being illogical to expect others to suspect anything different.

Hate to break it to you chief, but not everything is about you. I wasn't addressing you unless all the Ball detractors nominated you mayor or something? Speaking of a stereotypical L.A. mindset however, you fit right in by thinking I must be addressing you when I didn't, because, well, isn't EVERYTHING about you?
See, the thing about "negativity" is I was supposedly being negative towards you, yet you fail to realize you're essentially insulting all of L.A. as being too feeble minded to come to our own conclusions.
I'll take my chances on that math, guy.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Agree about Jackson, his Ft% is scaring ppl off, but I think if his ft% was >75% he'd be the number 1 pick. Id love to have him on this team, he's exactly what we're missing.

It's not just the FT%.

GT did an excellent job of showing how his 3-point percentage plummets once a defender is 2' or less on a contested shot. To me, that's NBA level defenses contesting.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

It's not just the FT%.

GT did an excellent job of showing how his 3-point percentage plummets once a defender is 2' or less on a contested shot. To me, that's NBA level defenses contesting.

Yeah, the way he shoots is the potential issue. I still have him over Ball though, at least for now. But I reserve the right to change my mind between now and Draft night.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Jackson is making a lot of mistakes out there, in the interest of fairness.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject:

BBallBreakdown on Markelle Fultz.

So easy on the eye test.

The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject:

I still believe Russell is that guy. Ingram can get there and Zubac will be a 15/10 guy eventually.

Longtime LG lurker.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

So easy on the eye test.

Ugh I really like his game. Would obviously be happy with a top 3 pick, period, but this kid looks special. Do you think Magic will have enough influence in the FO to have us pick Ball over Fultz, if we have the opportunity?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

So easy on the eye test.

Ugh I really like his game. Would obviously be happy with a top 3 pick, period, but this kid looks special. Do you think Magic will have enough influence in the FO to have us pick Ball over Fultz, if we have the opportunity?

I hope Magic makes an informed a decision with the entire Laker staff.

You can't teach that combination of body control with advanced dribble moves. It's disgusting. It's more than just a 2nd change of direction upon approaching a help defender. It's splitting a double team, meeting the 2nd defender, using a spin move, dribble move, or a jump stop into a floater/creative finish.... with the left hand. That's just crazy stupid.

The move he struggles with is creating space on his step back jumper. He could get that in a summer or two. But no NBA player can do those combination moves like that. Harden draws the foul before he even gets that far. It's a phenomenal amount of shake for a guy that just doesn't look fast or quick.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 192, 193, 194 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next
Page 193 of 1281
Jump to: