This team is one DeMarcus Cousins or LaMarcus Aldridge away
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Anthony Davis with this team would make us championship contest next 13 years

Ingram, Russell, Clarkson and Davis would be scary.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
KAT or the brow would look good with this group

They wouldn't give up either of those players for our entire core.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=179631

Shameful. People post (bleep) opinions then act like they never did. Thanks for the receipts GT.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject:

Folks, we looked good in Mike d'Antoni's 1st season opener with us, too.

I like this team, but let's let them -- the players AND Luke -- grow for about 30-40 games or so before we start talking about what big-time FA we need for the next step.

When GSW signed Iggy, I don't think anybody anticipated at the time that he'd be the Finals MVP on a title team.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
governator wrote:
KAT or the brow would look good with this group

They wouldn't give up either of those players for our entire core.

Davis can be a free agent in 2019
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: This team is one DeMarcus Cousins or LaMarcus Aldridge away

Hector the Pup wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
this Laker team is one DeMarcus Cousins or LaMarcus Aldridge away from being a top 4 seed in the west, and yes, this is not some homer's talk either. this team is stacked everywhere, we have scoring punch and defense from most position as well as off the bench. the only thing we're missing is a proven low post scorer that can attract double team. i can only dream Cousins will imploding by trade dealdine and AL secretly demanding a trade.

How would you know? You've lost the desire to watch the Lakers.

I forgot about that thread.
thenextgreat
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject:

Let's get Klay in 2019 also...this thing in GS is obviously not gonna work..
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
pio2u wrote:
or maybe two or three years away with what we already have.

Yeah, I love watching this team play together. I'd kinda prefer to see they become if they grow together.

Agree 100%
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: This team is one DeMarcus Cousins or LaMarcus Aldridge away

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
this Laker team is one DeMarcus Cousins or LaMarcus Aldridge away from being a top 4 seed in the west, and yes, this is not some homer's talk either. this team is stacked everywhere, we have scoring punch and defense from most position as well as off the bench. the only thing we're missing is a proven low post scorer that can attract double team. i can only dream Cousins will imploding by trade dealdine and AL secretly demanding a trade.

The plan stays the same IMO, just makes it easier to get there if they keep playing this way. The first avenue you look at is the max FA slot obviously as you aren't giving up an asset and you can trade to balance the roster later. Bottom line is this club has room for a star, even one that needs the ball more but it's up to Luke and Co. to determine what baggage they're willing to put up with.

Griffin is said player in bold. Rather than a traditional post to allow others to camp and get open, LA has multiple young skilled players to get the right matchup and attack. Luke has DLO even buying into letting Clarkson and Randle taking their mismatch, just add Griffin to the list. Ingram in a year will be a good playmaker and defender to complement Griffin or an improved Randle. Speaking of Randle, if you're worried about redundancy go get the unreal asset first and worry about trading and fit later.

Hayward would be a great fit on offense. He fit's Luke's narrative and is very versatile. You start Ingram at SG and let him defend the best threat at 1-3. If Philly stays inept at balancing their roster, maybe a big deal for Noel prys him away as a new asset. That would be a lot of money thrown at the center position, but it's a roster improvement and a defender that covers a lot of ills on D.

It's easy for us to get attached to our chips, in a perfect world these kids continue to grow and guys like Clarkson, Randle and Zubac just fill in a great rotation and compete for a playoff spot next year and become a top 4 team the following. Realistically though, the "problem" we're going to have is the young chips coming up in trade talks to speed up the process. DLO and Ingram may be the only "untouchables" that you don't find proper value for, so lets enjoy the ride in many ways. Sure we've been frustrated on recent plans (Melo, LMA, ect...) but for every Griffin, George and Unibrow plan that doesn't happen at least we have the young core to keep us excited no matter how they build.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject:

Best teams are typically homegrown. They need a few years playing together to build that chemistry. GSW (pre-durant), SAS (pre-aldridge), Cleveland, etc didn't really tap into the free agent market to contend -- the pieces were already in place. Even Indiana's got something special brewing with Paul George and that Myles Turner kid.

If you're looking for that one missing piece, I think Ingram will fill that vacuum very soon. IMO, he looks ready to start but I understand why Luke is easing him in.

Last edited by KindCrippler2000 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject:

Hmmm...of the two which one'a skill set would fit better?
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject:

I kept dreaming about this team when Ingram matures and is contributing his best.

So, the deal is, we are very close to breaking through, may not be this year but it will be soon enough. This is the time for some great player to join us. We got nowhere to go but up and we will do it without anyone being signed as a free agent if we have to. I mean dang, if we get one more high draft pick next year, we are set for years.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
I kept dreaming about this team when Ingram matures and is contributing his best.

So, the deal is, we are very close to breaking through, may not be this year but it will be soon enough. This is the time for some great player to join us. We got nowhere to go but up and we will do it without anyone being signed as a free agent if we have to. I mean dang, if we get one more high draft pick next year, we are set for years.

I think we'll be set either way a draft pick now for some guard or next year for some athletic big. Don't do anything drastic for now.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Brow.
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject:

Bandwagon?
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject:

If I'm Mitch I turn my attention to Anthony Davis during the next few years. Whatever it takes short of Russell/Ingram.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=179631

Shameful. People post (bleep) opinions then act like they never did. Thanks for the receipts GT.

oh, the shame!!
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
If I'm Mitch I turn my attention to Anthony Davis during the next few years. Whatever it takes short of Russell/Ingram.

Without landing a high pick, that's a high standard to put on say a Randle, Clarkson, Zubac and 2020 pick package to live up to the value of Davis. Even then, it's going to be a gamble on Anthony's health. I'm salivating over a DLO/Ingram/Davis core, but short of him demanding to be a Laker and a lot of asset growth this pipedream may not approach how close the KG one was.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Brow.

If we're hovering around the 7-8th seed when he becomes a FA, he shall be ours!!
andree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject:

Russell, Ingram, Davis! Would be an wonderful dream.
If we have 1st or 2nd pick, if Pelicans cannot upgrade their roster, maybe Clarckson, Randle, the pick and 2020pick could convince Pelicans to make a deal.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Pass on Cousins and Aldridge won't be available. I think were a prime Ingram away. The talent is here just need time to develop.

Ingram and Russell. Those two have superstar written all over them.

Yep, I like Randle too, even though I don't see him as a major scoring threat. But he is a guy who can get RB's, have a few assists, score 15 pts in garbage and transition and play some physical D. I don't think he is going to be the star offensive player that Ingram or Russell could be but he can still be an important cog in our team. We need a center who has a solid midrange game to pair with Randle. His lack of outside shooting could limit us in the future.

Dang, I still have high hopes for Zubac, though I believe he is 4 years away. I think Ingram will be solid by next year.

All we have room for is a solid center, who can star for 4 years and then be on the edge of retiring. If someone great becomes available, and has a 6 year window, then Zubac is put on hold for longer than he should be but oh well.

What center would be a major defensive force that has a more than reliable outside shot?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: This team is one DeMarcus Cousins or LaMarcus Aldridge away

KBH wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

How would you know? You've lost the desire to watch the Lakers.

I forgot about that thread.

We're one Cousins/Aldridge away from getting SGV-Laker fan back into the Lakers. Let's do it gang!!!
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: This team is one DeMarcus Cousins or LaMarcus Aldridge away

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
This is true, but it's only true because it looks like the entire nba has gone completely soft on defense. Even worse than last year. Granted this is just start of the season so things could even out. But as I'm watching these games/highlights. Way to much easy scoring, too many guys with ridiculous stat lines and no one stopping them.

If no one can stop anyone then it becomes less of a grind and more of a toss up on who is a top 5 seed in the east and the west. Now with all that in mind. Even with a Lemarcus/Cousins on the lakers we would still get spanked by a mid season Warriors team, spurs team, and cavs team. Everyone else right now looks suspect at best.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject:

I will look for a wing. Just thinking of Paul George
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Anthony Davis with this team would make us championship contest next 13 years

Ingram, Russell, Clarkson and Davis would be scary.

Except you would need to give up Ingram or Russell in a package to get Davis maybe both.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: