Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject:

ThePALakersFan wrote:
Lol took 3 games for everyone to turn on luke, some of you are ridiculous.

Yeah really. We ALL knew this first half of the season was going to be rough. Time to chill a bit on Luke imo..
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Terrible loss. It's ok for our young guys to get outplayed but Luke's rotations were equally atrocious.

Lakers2015 wrote:
Luke is a professional basketball coach.

You aren't.

He knows ALOT more about basketball than you.

I trust him over an internet coach like you.

I have faith that he'll improve as the season goes along. But tonight's substitutions just weren't cutting it. I'm sure that by the end of the road trip he'll have them down.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Despite all our problems we were right there, down by four...and then we fell apart.

Our problems with rebounding and turnovers persist. Gotta clean that up.

We also have a problem with pick and roll defense. Westbrook was getting dudes layups and dunks every time like Harden in the first game.

Randle was hot tonight and I felt they should have got him the ball more.

Lots of talk about Luke's experimenting, but I don't mind as long as he doesn't go back to things that don't work. Metta and Nance together, I'm talking about you.
ThePALakersFan
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Terrible loss. It's ok for our young guys to get outplayed but Luke's rotations were equally atrocious.

Lakers2015 wrote:

You aren't.

I have faith that he'll improve as the season goes along. But tonight's substitutions just weren't cutting it. I'm sure that by the end of the road trip he'll have them down.

Yup we lost because of substitutions lol, also only 3rd game hes still figuring out personel and it will be an ongoing learning process all year, its ok to disagree but undrestand this is a trial and error process. You dont know if something works til you try it.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject:

ThePALakersFan wrote:
The Grind wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
The Grind wrote:

Lakers2015 wrote:

You aren't.

Yup we lost because of substitutions lol, also only 3rd game hes still figuring out personel and it will be an ongoing learning process all year, its ok to disagree but undrestand this is a trial and error process. You dont know if something works til you try it.

Pretty sure mostly everyone except Luke knew Metta didn't work before the first time he tried it....and I am very sure everyone knew it besides Luke when he did it again.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers absolutely did not lose because of substitutions.
Genaro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject:

In the first half Luke really messed up putting Metta and Calderon on the court. In the second half I think he did a good job. I don't like to play with Julius at center that much but I don't count that as a mistake, more like different philosophy from mine.

The last minutes, was just Westbrook showing everyone why he's one of the 5 best players in the league. He dominated and our team couldn't answer.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
We are getting outplayed on the court, and outcoached on the bench

By outcoached you mean one team has Westbrook and the other does not?
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject:

ThePALakersFan wrote:
The Grind wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
The Grind wrote:

Lakers2015 wrote:

You aren't.

Right there with you.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
We are getting outplayed on the court, and outcoached on the bench

By outcoached you mean one team has Westbrook and the other does not?

not what I meant at all
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject:

On a positive not, even though we struggled with OKC's length, our rebounding in the second half was a little better.
They only out-boarded us by 5 for the entire game (41 - 46).
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Genaro wrote:
In the first half Luke really messed up putting Metta and Calderon on the court. In the second half I think he did a good job. I don't like to play with Julius at center that much but I don't count that as a mistake, more like different philosophy from mine.

The last minutes, was just Westbrook showing everyone why he's one of the 5 best players in the league. He dominated and our team couldn't answer.

I can get behind this. I'll never agree with Metta getting a lick of playing time, and Calderon was a sieve while on the court without distributing like Huertas does. However, he'll gradually contribute as the season progresses, so I'm OK with him getting burn, and it felt like he was pulled relatively quick along with Metta. My other Luke criticism is that I'd like to see him give Nance more burn on the court, but not tonight because he doesn't match up with OKC's bigs at all. Also not thrilled with his three-guard lineup but it did execute well vs Utah.

I'm OK with Luke playing Randle at the 5 even when he struggles defensively. Luke's throwing him into the fire and forcing him how to learn to defend these pnr's. I think that's one of his "will pay off in the long term" decisions.

I'm cool with Luke. Probably for the whole season given where the team's at.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Not bad for the youngsters. We fought hard and fell in last minutes.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject:

everyone is cool with Luke.....just because I or anyone disagrees with him or criticizes him is not starting a #fireLuke campaign. If JC going one dimensional or JR's jump shot is open for criticism, then Luke's decisions are open to the same criticism. People on this board running around trying to silence anyone that questions Luke. Grow up.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
everyone is cool with Luke.....just because I or anyone disagrees with him or criticizes him is not starting a #fireLuke campaign. If JC going one dimensional or JR's jump shot is open for criticism, then Luke's decisions are open to the same criticism. People on this board running around trying to silence anyone that questions Luke. Grow up.

Yoooooooo

I agree with criticizing his rotations, but I don't think his decisions cost the game. That's where we differ.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Yoooooooo

I agree with criticizing his rotations, but I don't think his decisions cost the game. That's where we differ.

where did I say his decisions cost the game? has anyone said that?
ThePALakersFan
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Im not trying to silence you, i just think your being shortsighted and looking at these decisions mostly in the context of this game and not the bigger picture thats all.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject:

ThePALakersFan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Im not trying to silence you, i just think your being shortsighted and looking at these decisions mostly in the context of this game and not the bigger picture thats all.

with all do respect, you have no earthly idea of how I am looking at anything. I have said almost nothing about what or how I am questioning anything....I said "we are being outplayed on the court, and outcoached on the bench". That in fact is a point in time statement......where do you pull projection out of that?
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:

I can tell you that going small against OKC does not work. It didn't work for the Warriors in the playoffs. He needed to give Mozgov and maybe even Zubac some minutes.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

I can tell you that going small against OKC does not work. It didn't work for the Warriors in the playoffs. He needed to give Mozgov and maybe even Zubac some minutes.

This is very true. Zubac could have helped although we don't know where he's at in his development. Trying to figure out why Luke didn't play Mozgov in the second half. Rest for first road trip? I guess he played 24 minutes. Feels less than that.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

I believe Luke is just like any other coach, he needs talent, and guys have to make shots to win. If that is not consistent on a night to night basis the Lakers will lose a lot of games.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Our defense is a work, ugly at that, work in progress, some flashes, just not enough so far.

We're getting a TON of open looks, just not hitting at a successful rate.

The improvements from this year to last are miles apart though, and I for one am glad to see that!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I believe Luke is just like any other coach, he needs talent, and guys have to make shots to win. If that is not consistent on a night to night basis the Lakers will lose a lot of games.

Isn't that like saying "sugar is sweet"? I understand that even if we had Popavich on the bench, we are going to lose quite a few games simply do to talent and /or experience. I really see nothing irrational or overreaching about my simple statement.
ThePALakersFan
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ThePALakersFan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

with all do respect, you have no earthly idea of how I am looking at anything. I have said almost nothing about what or how I am questioning anything....I said "we are being outplayed on the court, and outcoached on the bench". That in fact is a point in time statement......where do you pull projection out of that?

I was mostly responding to the "his rotations are not cutting it" or something like that, which i took to mean that his rotations are hurting or costing us games. Which i dont really understand how you meant it other than that, your clearly putting some blame in his rotations which is showing " shortsightedness" to me that your upset he tried some different lineups that didnt play that well in one game of 82 in a year where he says hes not judging us based on wins and losses. But imo i didnt think his subs cost us the game, i thought westbrook did. Thats my opinion, if yours is the same then cool if not then you could just elaborate what yours is rather than chastise me on trying to infer what you meant.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Isn't that like saying "sugar is sweet"? I understand that even if we had Popavich on the bench, we are going to lose quite a few games simply do to talent and /or experience. I really see nothing irrational or overreaching about my simple statement.

Hey I don't disagree with your statement I know BS was a bad coach who left a bad taste in all Lakers fans, but a lot of LG posters think Luke is the next coming of Jesus and won't admit other's difference in opinion. I think Luke will be a fine coach but there's only so much he can do. I think his players respect, and love him and are on board with him 100%, but they will realize in a short time that losing gets tiring after awhile and to win in the NBA takes more than just exuberant youth energy. It takes one of two super star players. Hopefully one of these guys takes off into that direction.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 51 of 52
Jump to: