This Team Is Going To The Playoffs.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 50, 51, 52  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject:

One reason I wasn't a proponent of the MozDeng deals is b/c I had the belief we would either win or lose games on the backs of our young guys. Looking at the numbers backs that belief up. DLO/Ingram/Randle/JC/Nance/Black all player better in wins. Deng/Lou/Nick all player better in losses. Mozgov is the only vet who has better numbers in wins.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If Ingram continues to progress at a rapid speed, this team will take the 8th spot... and we will give any 1st seed team a hard time.

Having a round of playoff again't GS would speed up their growth tremendously. Plus I wanna see out of Dlo, Randle and Ingram... which one step up in pressure times

I actually think that getting smashed for 4 games straight by GSW would be a step backwards.. demoralizing.. we're down by 40 going into the 4th and maybe get it under 30 against GSW's scrubs..

getting to the playoffs would be a huge feat.. but i think it'd be negated by a GSW throttling.

A step backwards? Demoralizing? Not the case at all LG. By that logic we should aim to make the playoffs when we're ready....which we won't know until we make the playoffs...and then come what may.

They can lose and still comeback to win. We do it in life all the time.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
One reason I wasn't a proponent of the MozDeng deals is b/c I had the belief we would either win or lose games on the backs of our young guys. Looking at the numbers backs that belief up. DLO/Ingram/Randle/JC/Nance/Black all player better in wins. Deng/Lou/Nick all player better in losses. Mozgov is the only vet who has better numbers in wins.

come on, you know its about what the vets provide in the locker room man....I think MWP gives shoulder massages, Mozgov gives mani's and pedi's on the even days, and Deng does magic tricks for entertainment....or something like that
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Did anyone notice the significant difference the media and "NBA twitter" treated our young guys earlier in the season when one of them mentioned the playoffs compared to the recent claim by Joel Embiid?

At the time, it was not even a reach since we were 10-10, but many of the national media responded as if they were young and didn't know any better....because obviously the Lakers only won 17 games last year. While I cant say they are taking Embiid's statement serious, the response has been more of an "appreciation of his ambition".

#HateUsBecauseTheyAintUs
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Fans Games to Watch

Blazers at Lakers (Blazers -1.5)
Pistons at Kings (Kings -2.0)

Current Standings
Code:

Seed | Team     | Record | GB
   8 | Blazers  | 16-23  | -
   - | Kings    | 15-22  | 0
   - | Pelicans | 15-24  | 1
   - | Nuggets  | 14-23  | 1
   - | Lakers   | 15-26  | 2
   - | Wolves   | 12-26  | 3.5
   - | Suns     | 12-26  | 3.5
   - | Mavs     | 11-27  | 4.5

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Did anyone notice the significant difference the media and "NBA twitter" treated our young guys earlier in the season when one of them mentioned the playoffs compared to the recent claim by Joel Embiid?

At the time, it was not even a reach since we were 10-10, but many of the national media responded as if they were young and didn't know any better....because obviously the Lakers only won 17 games last year. While I cant say they are taking Embiid's statement serious, the response has been more of an "appreciation of his ambition".

#HateUsBecauseTheyAintUs

Well, maybe it was because prior to last year, you needed to be over .500 in the West to get in; sometimes significantly over. While you could be below .500 in the East and get in.

I don't think anyone expected the Blazers to be so bad, which is allowing an opening in the West.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:

#HateUsBecauseTheyAintUs

Well, maybe it was because prior to last year, you needed to be over .500 in the West to get in; sometimes significantly over. While you could be below .500 in the East and get in.

I don't think anyone expected the Blazers to be so bad, which is allowing an opening in the West.

Giving a bunch of loaded contracts to players having a overachieving season last year? I'm not shocked.

Portland did themselves in.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:

#HateUsBecauseTheyAintUs

pretty sure our chances were far better when we were 10-10 than the 76'ers odds are being 10-25, no matter what conference they call home
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject:

after a 2-14 december it's crazy that any team in the NBA would have a chance at the playoffs....but here we are lol
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Back 3 games again. Sigh.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject:

This team is not ready for prime time.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:

They were just so unfocused.
Pathetic to miss all those FTs
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
They were just so unfocused.
Pathetic to miss all those FTs

It's a fixable issue as well. so hopefully this was a game they can easily learn from.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Bleh Kings won too. We gotta keep our head above water and hopefully treat the last game against Portland in 2 weeks as a finals game
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

It will be worse after we play the Spurs and Clippers next.

last five games showed that we still have a way to go.

You have to win at least one of the 2 games against the Blazers.

By losing both, it is not a positive sign.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
epak wrote:

It will be worse after we play the Spurs and Clippers next.

last five games showed that we still have a way to go.

You have to win at least one of the 2 games against the Blazers.

By losing both, it is not a positive sign.

Yeah, it was demoralizing to see them loose twice to the team that they have their sights on. But still they look better than they did in December. Progress peeps!

3 games is not huge, the team that goes on a hot will get that slot. The Lakers have an easy schedule here out, fingers crossed.
ricardoJPC
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject:

Portland won against Cleveland
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject:

We won't make the playoffs but I think the fact that we are in striking distance and it's a goal should be great for the young guys. Gotta at least aim for it.

We're right on pace for what I thought we'd be at - 30 wins. That's about where I thought we'd fiish. Want to hit that number of wins. Good step up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject:

Looking at Portland's upcoming schedule, it's hard not to see them hovering around .500 this month or the next. They have a fairly easy stretch of games coming up, and they'll be playing the slumping Charlotte without Batum, who has arguably been their MVP.

Of course, it's great that they have single-handedly made the Western Conference playoff race interesting. I can't, however, see them losing to the same below average teams they lost to earlier in the season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
We won't make the playoffs but I think the fact that we are in striking distance and it's a goal should be great for the young guys. Gotta at least aim for it.

We're right on pace for what I thought we'd be at - 30 wins. That's about where I thought we'd fiish. Want to hit that number of wins. Good step up.

agreed.

30+ wins would be my goal even if the playoffs start slipping away.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

100%
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

#HateUsBecauseTheyAintUs

I don't follow the NBA Twitter feed so I don't know how accurate this is. But assuming it's true I can think of another explanation.embiid has been playing great, with some people even suggesting he might be an All-Star this year. Our guys haven't been playing that great. This kind of statement is more acceptable coming from a star, then from young guys who are struggling to prove their place in the league
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

I'm not sure that's true. The only reason we are in it at all is that the eighth seed is waaaaaay under 0.500, not because we are playing well. Not sure it's that great that we are a bottom three team and still within striking difference of the eighth seed because the other teams all have sucked too.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject:

No reason to make the playoffs, let the team learn and realize how hard they need to work to become relevant... even though making it will do wonders as far as experience I think this team needs another losing situation beforre they get it together.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Of course, I would like the team to aim for 30-32 wins, that would mean they are developing as a team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 51 of 52
Jump to: