This Team Is Going To The Playoffs.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Charlotte on top of the Wolves early. Love seeing the Pups lose. Gives me hope that their young core won't be able to figure it out. And they blow it up!
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Charlotte on top of the Wolves early. Love seeing the Pups lose. Gives me hope that their young core won't be able to figure it out. And they blow it up!

Only young core I can think of that was blown up was Dallas Mavericks w/ Mashburn, Kidd & Jimmy Jackson.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Man that was a good core, too bad they all lost it over Toni Braxton.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Only young core I can think of that was blown up was Dallas Mavericks w/ Mashburn, Kidd & Jimmy Jackson.

It's perplexing to me. Usually a big as good as Towns will effect the wins and losses. I remember Orlando felt it immediately with Shaq. The Spurs felt it immediately with Robinson in 1990, then they felt it again in 97 with Duncan. I thought the Wolves had their perimeter players in play, and Towns was going to make that difference. His second year now, and nothing is happening. But I don't doubt Towns, I'm doubting their surrounding pieces.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

It's perplexing to me. Usually a big as good as Towns will effect the wins and losses. I remember Orlando felt it immediately with Shaq. The Spurs felt it immediately with Robinson in 1990, then they felt it again in 97 with Duncan. I thought the Wolves had their perimeter players in play, and Towns was going to make that difference. His second year now, and nothing is happening. But I don't doubt Towns, I'm doubting their surrounding pieces.

Yeah, sometimes improvement doesn't happen linearly. I think hiring Thibs has something to do w/ it.

Thibs is all about defense and maybe they're not learning/picking it up as quickly as anticipated.

The Rockets seem to be responding better to D'Antoni than the Lakers did. Sometimes, some teams pick up a new system better than other teams.

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Most likely they will pick it up the 2nd half of the season like last year but add another top 10 pick to their already stacked team.

Towns/Aldrich
PF/Dieng
Wiggins/Shabazz
LaVine
Dunn/Jones

Use that top 10 pick, Rubio, and cap space to add better fitting veteran talent (cough cough Deng lol). They will be okay in the future.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject:

The Wolves really have close to no help outside of their core three. Rubio hasn't been playing great. Dieng has had his moments. You can't structure a roster around just three players.

The Nuggets and Lakers (Suns too, but it's early for them) are carrying out their rebuilds a lot more effectively by mixing more proven vets with the team. Everyone helps each other.
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Time to forget about the playoffs.

It's not happening.

Easily some of the dumbest and most flawed players in the NBA are on our roster.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Wow. Say bye to our playoff chances. This (bleep) team is done.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:

It's not happening.

Easily some of the dumbest and most flawed players in the NBA are on our roster.

A lot of young talent. Unfortunately they are also some of the dumbest players ever.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:

It's not happening.

A lot of young talent. Unfortunately they are also some of the dumbest players ever.

Ya'll need to (bleep) chill out with this garbage. "The dumbest players ever""The most flawed players in the NBA" Really? Really? You should be (bleep) ecstatic that this team is even hovering around .500 because just about everyone had these kids doing far worse. This is a young team ( with a recent rash of injuries) Young teams (bleep) UP, a lot. Deal with it.

God I cant stand this (bleep) place sometimes.

!...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject:

If we miss the playoffs..

Injuries are gonna play a huge role in it, not gonna pinpoint this lose to injuries cause Memphis had DLeague players... but:

Calderon
Nance
Young
Russell

that's basically like 40 points right there.

I knew today was gonna be tough, Grizzles have some nice GEMs on there team and as typical of a young team they didn't capitalize.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject:

some of yall aint allowed back in the foxhole fam

geez

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:

It's not happening.

Ya'll need to (bleep) chill out with this garbage. "The dumbest players ever""The most flawed players in the NBA" Really? Really? You should be (bleep) ecstatic that this team is even hovering around .500 because just about everyone had these kids doing far worse. This is a young team ( with a recent rash of injuries) Young teams (bleep) UP, a lot. Deal with it.

Yeah, people have absolutely no perspective. I think it's time for me to say byebye to LG and other Laker boards until they're winning again. Place gets intolerable.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:

It's not happening.

Yeah, people have absolutely no perspective. I think it's time for me to say byebye to LG and other Laker boards until they're winning again. Place gets intolerable.

WHO GON GIVE US THEM NUMBERS THEN THO FAM

DONT LEE MEEE

Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:

It's not happening.

In almost 70 years of NBA history--that includes a 2012 Charlotte team that went 7-59, a 1973 Philadelphia team that went 9-73, a 2016 Philadelphia team that went 10-72, and a 1991 Dallas Team that went 11-71--magically, the 2016-17 Lakers (that are currently 10-12) contain some of the dumbest and most flawed players to ever put on an NBA uniform.

Overreaction.

--Anonymous
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject:

We are a game and a half out of a playoff spot with 60 games remaining...
Laker Junkie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject:

This is going down to the last week of the season...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject:

I can't wait for our starting back court to get back. Then we go on a tear!
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Honestly...at this point, I just want them to give Philly a not so great draft pick. I know it doesn't matter whether they get a 4th pick or a 12th, but I don't want them to get a great player out of this.
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Next two games against Utah and Houston are a must win, if we lost, the playoff run is officially over.

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:44 am    Post subject:

I'm just praying for a miraculous lottery
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:46 am    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:
Next two games against Utah and Houston are a must win, if we lost, the playoff run is officially over.

Because if we lose those two games, mathematically it is impossible to make it up in the remaining 58 games.

--Anonymous
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:24 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:

Because if we lose those two games, mathematically it is impossible to make it up in the remaining 58 games.

I guess this is sarcasm.
I'll tell you why I'd think so, because if we lose those two games, Utah and Houston will go up in the standings, and we'll fall even lower. Besides that, at this pace the Lakers are playing I don't really think they can make it up even after Russell and Young come back.

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
thesource
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:55 am    Post subject:

The schedule gets a little bit easier, so if we get healthy and can run off some wins next month we can be right back in the hunt.

10-12 given the injuries and schedule is pretty darn good given last season and the projections for this year.

I was as frustrated as anyone over last night's game, but if you take a step back and a deep breath you will realize this team is in a good spot.

Heck, it's a sign of a good team that people are so mad over a loss in game 4 in 5 nights with 4 rotation players injured.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 38 of 52
Jump to: