This Team Is Going To The Playoffs.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
tox wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Memphis is the one team I cant buy the 4th game in 5 nights excuse with all the guys they had out.

In the big picture, all of these injuries might cost us that 8th seed.

We have injuries too. Except that we had 4th road game in 5th night to stack upon that. No idea why you can't "buy" that. Maybe you can't buy the Lakers blaming injury, which is fair. But the 4th road game in 5 nights is significant.

They were without 6 rotation players.

GS, SAS, LAC, MEM, HOU, POR have all made the playoffs every year since 2013. OKC made the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years (Durant, Ibaka injured that 1 year).
I think those 7 teams are a lock for the playoffs. I'm hoping we beat out UTAH for a spot.

I thought with Conley out with a serious injury Memphis's spot would be up for grabs. But they're finding ways to win, just like last season with Conley and Gasol out.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:27 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
tox wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Memphis is the one team I cant buy the 4th game in 5 nights excuse with all the guys they had out.

We have injuries too. Except that we had 4th road game in 5th night to stack upon that. No idea why you can't "buy" that. Maybe you can't buy the Lakers blaming injury, which is fair. But the 4th road game in 5 nights is significant.

GS, SAS, LAC, MEM, HOU, POR have all made the playoffs every year since 2013. OKC made the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years (Durant, Ibaka injured that 1 year).
I think those 7 teams are a lock for the playoffs. I'm hoping we beat out UTAH for a spot.

I think it will have to be Memphis or another team that suffers a lot of injuries. I like Utah chances for the playoffs
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:35 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
tox wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Parsons/ Conley/ ZBo hurt, mostly a wash with Russell/ Nance/ Young out. With Carter/ Ennis/ Wright (who move the needle a little bit), injury disadvantage tips towards the Grizzlies.

But not that much. Not enough to overcome 4th road game in 5. I mean come on, this game was booked as being one of the biggest disadvantages for a team all season (factoring in rest/ recent game history, travel, home court, etc.). Even if you disagree and think the Grizzlies have a fairly strong injury disadvantage (which is pushing it), it's still outweighed by the schedule issue.

Especially when you consider injury disadvantages stack on top of schedule disadvantages --- it's worse to play 4 out of 5 all on the road when you're missing 3 guys who'd otherwise be playing 75 minutes of the available 240.

Source:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17790282/the-nba-grueling-schedule-cause-loss
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Blazers have a tough Schedule coming up, I'm interested to see if they stay afloat they just won in Chicago against the Bulls.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Unbelievable how all the teams we wanted to lose, all won at the last minute by 2 or 1 point. The bad luck.
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Unbelievable how all the teams we wanted to lose, all won at the last minute by 2 or 1 point. The bad luck.

Better teams are always lucky.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject:

We dont have a shot for PO. 30 wins at most. Yes we won some games its true. But our talent and awful FA are just not enough this year. Next year. Maybe. This year. No chance.
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Got screwed by the injury bug. Doesn't help that our coach won't start our best player while we wait to get healthy
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject:

No, they're not. It's a combination of players having to grow and coach getting better. His substitutions tonight were amateur.
Laker Junkie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Honeymoon period is over. We stink. Our offensive is simply give it to Lou or JC for ISO. And defensively, we just go in scramble mode.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Laker Junkie wrote:
Honeymoon period is over. We stink. Our offensive is simply give it to Lou or JC for ISO. And defensively, we just go in scramble mode.

Yea we stink!
I mean, it's not like half our guys are out injured.
Definitely not our starting backcourt.
Laker Junkie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Laker Junkie wrote:

Yea we stink!

Favors and Hill were out too. We can't use that as an excuse. Plus, It's like we can't run any system unless we have Dlo in the first unit or Nance in the second.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Laker Junkie wrote:
epak wrote:
Laker Junkie wrote:

Yea we stink!

Favors and Hill were out too. We can't use that as an excuse. Plus, It's like we can't run any system unless we have Dlo in the first unit or Nance in the second.

So you think that when we are healthy and when Utah is healthy we are the better team? You would be wrong once again.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Laker Junkie wrote:

Starting PG: out
Starting SG: out
Key reserve(nance): Out
backup PG: out
backup C: might be out

yeah we must stink
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject:

We still can make the playoffs but if we have to keep playing without key players every game we will never know the potential of this team.

Funny how we were healthy last year mostly and during our bright moment in 3 years we are getting hampered by the injury bug... the bad luck curse is still going strong.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject:

We're still competing despite so many injuries. Good sign.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Losing is easier to swollow when you see your young players show flashes of the future but unlike some people, I don't have much fun in watching Lou go off because he isn't a big part of our future.

If Randle or Ingram had 2 big games and we lost, it would have been easier to deal with. We just need Young and DLO back
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Laker Junkie wrote:

yeah we must stink

Hopefully the starting center isn't out
Laker Junkie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Laker Junkie wrote:

yeah we must stink

Hopefully the starting center isn't out

Ok, I overreacted. Just a frustrating loss. I wish we showed signs of a offensive or defensive system with the top guys out. Or, at least see signs from the young guys. Major props to Lou and Thomas Robinson though.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Laker Junkie wrote:
epak wrote:
Laker Junkie wrote:

Yea we stink!

Even with their injuries, the Jazz are a playoff team. Fully healthy they probably beat us, but with Favors and Hill out they're still a playoff team.

Without DLO and Nick, the Lakers are 3-8. With the two, they are 7-5. The difference couldn't be any more clear.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Laker Junkie wrote:
epak wrote:
Laker Junkie wrote:

Yea we stink!

Even with their injuries, the Jazz are a playoff team. Fully healthy they probably beat us, but with Favors and Hill out they're still a playoff team.

Without DLO and Nick, the Lakers are 3-8. With the two, they are 7-5. The difference couldn't be any more clear.

They still lost to a Grizzles team missing 6 of their players. That loss hurt more than this one. They needed that win, and that Mavs game about a month ago.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:01 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
tox wrote:
Laker Junkie wrote:
epak wrote:
Laker Junkie wrote:

Yea we stink!

They still lost to a Grizzles team missing 6 of their players. That loss hurt more than this one. They needed that win, and that Mavs game about a month ago.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17790282/the-nba-grueling-schedule-cause-loss

Ctrl + F "Lakers"

It's a scheduled loss. What's more is, injuries stack on top of scheduling concerns because now not only is everyone extra tired from the travel and such, they're extra extra tired from having played extra the days before. Memphis suffered injuries as well, but that's more than made up by the Lakers' injuries + scheduling disadvantage.

That Mavs loss was really bad. This Grizzlies one was to be expected, sadly.

Last edited by tox on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:01 pm    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:
Losing is easier to swollow when you see your young players show flashes of the future but unlike some people, I don't have much fun in watching Lou go off because he isn't a big part of our future.

Yeah, I'm happy for Lou but when he or Swaggy lead us to a win, it's fool's gold. Those two either won't be with the team or will be declining noticeably in a couple years.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:26 am    Post subject:

We can still make playoffs, but it's unlikely with our unfortunate injuries situation.

I am not upset, afterall, we had all agreed that this year is all about development.
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:34 am    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:

If Randle or Ingram had 2 big games and we lost, it would have been easier to deal with. We just need Young and DLO back

Lakers will lose more without Young and Lou out there. A young team need veteran presence. Look at what i is happening to Minnesota, they have more talent than Lakers,but they are breaking down(no veteran presence). This thing also happened many times before to other teams.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 40 of 52
Jump to: