LAKERS -at- HAWKS – 11-2-16 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -at- HAWKS – 11-2-16 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

Vancouver Fan wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
More people probably need to step back and look at all the things Russell does. Realize just how young he is doing this. Post ups, threes, pull-ups, floaters, drives, etc., while dictating the offense and looking better at finding teammates. It’s not going to be consistent because of his youth. He had some careless, sloppy passes in this game, some are just not fundamentally sound decisions or execution. Let him make his mistakes. There will be plenty as he grows. But eventually, he’s going to consistently give teams fits. Just wait till he’s a vet. (I’ve got to say he does know how to draw a whistle like a vet sometimes.) Defensively, he did a good job recovering to his man for shotblocks tonight. He stayed with it and used his length well.
+1000000000

He's no Oakafor, though.

Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:45 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:
“They got a few guys that are really hard to guard,” shooting guard Kyle Korver said. “They made a lot of mid-range shots, which is what we typically try to make guys shoot.”

Quote:
“The thing we just said in the locker room is give the Lakers a lot of credit for how well they played tonight,” Budenholzer said. “Their execution, their ball movement, their shot-making, their play-making, they were impressive. I think we can be a lot better. We need to be a lot better, 39 and 33 (points) in the third and fourth quarters, that’s hard to imagine. We can be so much sharper on both ends of the court. Different guys for different stretches for them really made plays.”

It's nice to hear this kind of praise from the opposition.

That's the most impressive thing about this team so far, different guys step up at different times. That makes us really tough to defend.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -at- HAWKS – 11-2-16 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

babyskyhook wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
More people probably need to step back and look at all the things Russell does. Realize just how young he is doing this. Post ups, threes, pull-ups, floaters, drives, etc., while dictating the offense and looking better at finding teammates. It’s not going to be consistent because of his youth. He had some careless, sloppy passes in this game, some are just not fundamentally sound decisions or execution. Let him make his mistakes. There will be plenty as he grows. But eventually, he’s going to consistently give teams fits. Just wait till he’s a vet. (I’ve got to say he does know how to draw a whistle like a vet sometimes.) Defensively, he did a good job recovering to his man for shotblocks tonight. He stayed with it and used his length well.
+1000000000
He's no Oakafor, though.
I agree that we should let these players grow together

One should note that these young players are getting paid as producing NBA players, whether they are young or old
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:23 am    Post subject:

ayyyyyyyy

lakersssss!!!!!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:45 am    Post subject:

When we beat rox- oh, they don't play d. Mike d teams never do.- ok

Well, we just beat a really good defensive team in their house
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:51 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

This team has quite some firepower. When we lose, it is not due to lack of scoring. It's because of defense.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
ratra_1211
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:08 am    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
Halflife wrote:

This team has quite some firepower. When we lose, it is not due to lack of scoring. It's because of defense.

yeah we mostly lost due to our defense. the lakers are filled with young guys so thats to be expected. what interesting is that they show a lot of promise defensively, their length, awareness, just need that experience.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject:

Thanks, DB!

I am loving that both Randle and Nance are seemingly attempting at least 1 3-pointer a game. Even if they are not making them yet it draws out defenders to open the floor for cutters like JC, and frees up the post for Russell to do his thing.

Very positive signs so far. Mr. Walton is impressing.
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
Halflife wrote:

And turnovers. Too many of the unforced variety. Once that stuff gets cleaned up, should be even more fun to watch. What has been encouraging is the compete level vs 5 playoff caliber type teams.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -at- HAWKS – 11-2-16 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

babyskyhook wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
DzLaker wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
(I’ve got to say he does know how to draw a whistle like a vet sometimes.)

Can you imagine Russell drawing fouls like Harden? You can tell he's gonna be a beast in a few years.

I can totally see it. I love seeing him learn how to draw fouls. Harden is my favorite player comp for Russell given his frame and skill set

Mine too. Lack of elite athleticism is another trait they share, and that clearly hasn't been a problem for Harden. won't be a problem for Dlo either, and he's actually trying on defense now, as opposed to harden not caring.

DLO did have a nice dunk tonight!
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -at- HAWKS – 11-2-16 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

Vancouver Fan wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
+1000000000

Just waiting till DLO develops that man strength.

Thanks as always DB.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject:

I couldn't watch due to the early start time. Really appreciate these threads DB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
In both of our two wins - Houston and Atlanta - you saw more Clarkson/Williams, less Huertas/Calderon. I don't think that's a coincidence. Clarkson is at his best with the ball in his hands running the offense. He is also a vastly superior defender to those two. If you have him coming off the bench, let Clarkson be that back up PG.

Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
In both of our two wins - Houston and Atlanta - you saw more Clarkson/Williams, less Huertas/Calderon. I don't think that's a coincidence. Clarkson is at his best with the ball in his hands running the offense. He is also a vastly superior defender to those two. If you have him coming off the bench, let Clarkson be that back up PG.

Yep, I never understood the huertas signing...he is probably the worst player in the league. D is weak, almost refuses to shoot, jumps to pass...most D league pgs are better than him and some college PG's. Then compound that with the calderon thing, which was fine...but two small poor defenders as backup PG's is redundant.

What the rotation should be

PG - Russell/Clarkson
SG - Swaggy/Lou
SF - Deng/Ingram
PF - Randle/Nance
C - Mosgov/Black

If any of the guards get hurt or need rest during the year than you sub calderon in and make the SG rotation adjustments to make sure he never plays as the same time as Lou.

Zubac, robinson and calderon suit up in case of foul trouble or blowout minutes and metta/heurtas are in street clothes.

Maybe his minute distribution is

PG - 15
SG - 8

with DLO taking a few games off this year maybe clarkson averages 25 minutes a game, which is where he needs to be. Remember, he is already 24...he's just about a finished product. A little better from 3 and better D and he will be at his ceiling. He is destined to be a really good 6th man in this league...maybe 6th man of the year.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Lakers earning respect.

Yep people in the know can see (even if some folks here cannot). Bleacher Report had one of those "teams that are in trouble" articles this morning and I could tell the temperature must be changing on the Lakers because that's the first time since forever that we weren't included in one of those kinds of articles.

Go Lakers!
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -at- HAWKS – 11-2-16 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

DzLaker wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
(I’ve got to say he does know how to draw a whistle like a vet sometimes.)

Can you imagine Russell drawing fouls like Harden? You can tell he's gonna be a beast in a few years.

On Ingram, he needs to be more aggressive on the offensive end. There was one play in the 2nd half where he faked the 3 and attacked the basket. I liked that but he passed on a layup or attempted dunk and instead kicked it out to Lou for a three. He's gotta try to score there.
Actually that was a good play by Ingram, he drew the double team and kicked it out for an open 3 point shooter..I get what you say, but I don't think that is a good example. That play is the exact ball movement we want to see under Luke
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

This...Not sure I can suffer through anymore of the Flying Squirrel.

#BannersOverBillboards
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Zubac already has more moves at 19 then Dwight at the end of his career
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Hooray!
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:

Zubac, robinson and calderon suit up in case of foul trouble or blowout minutes and metta/heurtas are in street clothes.

Zubac actaully needs some 5 minutes/game to get accustomed. He is not a liability. Just young. And needs experience.

And then ... IMHO Huertas has played better this season than Calderon.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
alexamerling43
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Lakers earning respect.

Not from Ric Bucher or those dumbass "anonymous scouts" in the league. They basically called D'Lo a new Jarrett Jack.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: