Why don't they go to Bynum when he gets in the game?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
delaluz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Why don't they go to Bynum when he gets in the game?

When Bynum gets in why don't they try to set him up in the low post. It seems like he knows when he's really covered and kicks it out. If the other team isn't doubling him and he hits 1-2 shots on the inside then folks might start doubling him, then he hits the open man .. sounds kinda familiar to me.

Even if he doesn't shoot if they dump it in to him and then he passes out of the low post it creates a little motion doesn't it?

If he had crappy hands and dropped most passes or if he jacked it up as soon as he shot it it wouldn't make sense. But from what I've seen so far he's under control enough to "use him" when he gets in.

Berto
mitch&kwame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject:

phil hates rookie.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Don't blame the coach. His teammates are the ones with the ball. I think it's because he's a rookie and because he looks like he doesn't have good post position. He's going to have to earn his teammates trust. They rarely went into the post to Chris Mihm last year, but they do now. It will come for AB.

Phil made a statement recently he thinks AB's not strong enough to establish post position yet. I'm not sure if that's the case or it's the way Kareem is teaching AB to setup in the post. Kareem didn't the play like most modern centers do. He didn't always have to seal his man on his hip the way Shaq did because he didn't have to move towards the rim to score. He could just catch, turn, jump, hook shot, and come down in the same spot.
Pappy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject:

isee that all too often where they clear out and its Bynum in there single coverd by his man and they just dont go to him?
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Because he's not that good.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Actually the only big that's been getting consistent feeds is Mihm. Whenever Kwame and Bynum get position the post passers hesitate. I understand avoiding Kwame, but Bynum is no "Edward Table Hands".
delaluz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject:

This is exactly my point. Bynum gets single coverage and it looks like he could establish a low post position. Once you dump it in to him and he hits a couple of shots (assuming he does), then the defense will have to pay attention to him. If they start paying attention to Andrew then they have to pay a little less attention to everyone else which should be a good thing.

Pappy wrote:
isee that all too often where they clear out and its Bynum in there single coverd by his man and they just dont go to him?

Berto
kobeodom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject:

phil told them not to.
eldrunko714
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject:

There's a reason guys. We don't see what goes on in practice and Bynum is still a rook. I'm sure if they thought he could finish they would pass it to him. I wouldn't depend on a rook to do the scoring when you have vets like Kobe and Lamar and other guys to go to. Bynum is in there for his freakish length at this point. In a year or two when the kid hits the weight room and gains some power he should be a nice player. We can't rush his development with the season on the line. Kid still has a lot to learn so don't expect them to throw him the ball. They barely want to pass to Kwame.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: