Woman punched into a coma after she punched the guy first at a college party
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
4stargeneralbulldog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: Woman punched into a coma after she punched the guy first at a college party

Quote:
A teen is fighting for her life after she was punched by a man near a party in the Rutgers University area, authorities and her family said.
Emily Rand, 19, of South Amboy was punched, and then suffered a fractured skull when she hit her head on her fall at 1:02 a.m Saturday, according to authorities. The punch happened during a fight along Robinson Street near a Rutgers fraternity house.
Police said they didn't know if Rand is a student at Rutgers.
The attack was recorded on someone’s phone and posted to Snapchat, and the short video appears to show Rand throwing the first punch. But then her attacker throws a right fist, knocking her down. She is seen lying in the ground, not moving.

"We're talking to everyone who was there," said Capt. Joseph T. Miller of the New Brunswick Police Department.

The man is seen running away after punching Rand. He's described as having a shorter build and was wearing a gray sweatshirt and black hat.
Her aunt, Lisa Egan, took to Facebook and said Rand is on a ventilator and "she is not getting better or responding to treatment.
"This is not a joke! Please pray she makes a full recovery and they catch the scumbag who did this to her," she wrote.
She and others took to social media to ask for prayers for Rand.

http://patch.com/new-jersey/newbrunswick/n-j-teen-fights-life-after-shes-punched-party-near-rutgers-university
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject:

This is a possible outcome in any fight, so don't start one.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject:

If some one punches you and you pull out a gun and shoot them, is that justified because the person who was shot started it?
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
If some one punches you and you pull out a gun and shoot them, is that justified because the person who was shot started it?
bad analogy.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:02 am    Post subject:

Damn she's pretty hot. Nice thickness to her too. If that girl hit me I would have tried to hug her and give her a kiss
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:14 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Damn she's pretty hot. Nice thickness to her too. If that girl hit me I would have tried to hug her and give her a kiss

Calm down their Trump.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:22 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
999 wrote:

Calm down their Trump.
lol.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:38 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:

Jesus christ you are a creeper.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:26 am    Post subject:

The white knight virgins at the end of that video are pathetic.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:36 am    Post subject:

In my day "I'd hit that" meant something much different
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject:

They should both be charged with a crime, that's the only fair way to go about it. Simply because you're a woman doesn't mean you should be free from the consequences of your actions.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
They should both be charged with a crime, that's the only fair way to go about it. Simply because you're a woman doesn't mean you should be free from the consequences of your actions.

Why exactly should he be charged?
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Raijin wrote:

Devil's advocate position?
The Brain
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:18 am    Post subject:

This is a trap thread. As soon as someone says the wrong answer, they will immediately be tied to Donald Trump's hit squad and the KGB will be known to have given the order under Putin's guise.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
999 wrote:

Jesus christ you are a creeper.

Your wife does not seem to think so Lil Bill
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject:

This is exactly why you shouldn't go around hitting people.
BigJosh951
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject:

The Brain wrote:
This is a trap thread. As soon as someone says the wrong answer, they will immediately be tied to Donald Trump's hit squad and the KGB will be known to have given the order under Putin's guise.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Raijin wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. Cowardliness and douchery, aren't crimes.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject:

These kinds of stories are intetesting. If you take the position that women are physically inferior and thus, a man hitting a woman is worse than a man hitting a man, then you are a misogynist and/or bigot.

Thus, you must take the position that this guys actions were justified in self defense.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject:

I say let them kiss and make up and let's get on with life
BigJosh951
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
These kinds of stories are intetesting. If you take the position that women are physically inferior and thus, a man hitting a woman is worse than a man hitting a man, then you are a misogynist and/or bigot.

Thus, you must take the position that this guys actions were justified in self defense.

Cmon now. While I don't think any criminal charges should be filed. Justifying that kind of crap is a pretty sad mind frame to be in. I have been struck by a drunk woman at a frat party, years ago, for no reason other than I told her to not spill her drink on me. I am a big guy, nowhere did I feel I had to punch her in the face back. I guess society is changing though to some sort of free for all. Think it was Chris Rock that said "I would never strike a woman, but id shake the (bleep) out of one if they deserved it" lol
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject:

BigJosh951 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Cmon now. While I don't think any criminal charges should be filed. Justifying that kind of crap is a pretty sad mind frame to be in. I have been struck by a drunk woman at a frat party, years ago, for no reason other than I told her to not spill her drink on me. I am a big guy, nowhere did I feel I had to punch her in the face back. I guess society is changing though to some sort of free for all. Think it was Chris Rock that said "I would never strike a woman, but id shake the (bleep) out of one if they deserved it" lol

I think most of us men won't strike back when hit by a woman but
Can you differentiate assault based on gender of perpetrator? Did she commit an assault? and was his action falls under self defense?
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject:

BigJosh951 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

What do you think this man should have done?
BigJosh951
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
BigJosh951 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

What do you think this man should have done?

Walk away? Push her away? I watched the video. He ran away right after. He knew damn well he went too far. When you overpower people, whether you are a big guy against other guys, or a guy against a small woman, you really should show some restraint. Sorry that is a hard concept for most to understand.
BigJosh951
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
BigJosh951 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I think most of us men won't strike back when hit by a woman but
Can you differentiate assault based on gender of perpetrator? Did she commit an assault? and was his action falls under self defense?

Never said what she did was ok. I said the reaction of a man fully punching an intoxicated woman in the face so hard she gets knocked out and slams her head on the concrete, is overboard. Sure what she did was assault. Self defense in this situation is BS. I saw the video, he wasn't in any kind of danger. He just showed no restraint.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: