Do you want Mitch to acquire a last piece for the playoff run?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiez
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:06 am    Post subject:

The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
So far Deng has been a disappointment on the floor. Someone I'd be interested in that I've watched a few times is Robert Covington. His salary is low but I like what he brings. Philly is always in tank mode. Calderon for Covington maybe and throw in a pick??

Times have changed a bit in Philly since the departure of Hinkie. I don't think they'll trade away their only 3pt shooter for a veteran PG.
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject:

I agree that times have changed in Philly and I have my Lakers goggles on tightly. Just want the Lakers to explore grabbing a young player than can defend and shoot.

Longtime LG lurker.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject:

Right now is the perfect time to make a trade granted that nothing usually happens until December, I have a sense that the team is gonna look to make a short term move to bolster the roster.

I'm interested to see which players become available with the trade season upon us.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject:

nick young, calderon, 2 second rounders, and 1 first rounder for PG13. do it mitch
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject:

The last piece that Mich needs right now is a good doctor to keep
his players healthy.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject:

I don't know about a playoff run, but sounds like thibs is already getting ancy and made trade a young guy for a vet.

I'd love to take lavine or Dunn off their hands. Dunn + cap dump for lou would make me very happy.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:20 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
I don't know about a playoff run, but sounds like thibs is already getting ancy and made trade a young guy for a vet.

I'd love to take lavine or Dunn off their hands. Dunn + cap dump for lou would make me very happy.

I'm imagining LaVine running the break with Randle, Nance, Ingram, and DLO/Clarkson.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

I'm imagining LaVine running the break with Randle, Nance, Ingram, and DLO/Clarkson.

I wouldn't mind not having Lavine.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject:

Deng for expirer gay
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Deng for expirer gay

I think the Kings can better value for Gay then that. Plus we don't need another guy blocking Ingram's development.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject:

Lavine would be AMAZING on this team

Minny wouldn't do it but imagine if they took Lou, Deng and a pick for him

And then we signed Jrue and resigned Swaggy

DLO / JRUE

LAVINE / JC

INGRAM / SWAGGY

RANDLE / NANCE

MOZ / BLACK
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Deng for expirer gay

I think the Kings can better value for Gay then that. Plus we don't need another guy blocking Ingram's development.

thats the reason i said expirer. he expirers after this year and he has said he is going opt out

Vlade does it cause he is not able to sign any decent free agents
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Deng for expirer gay

thats the reason i said expirer. he expirers after this year and he has said he is going opt out

Yeah, Floppy doesn't want to be stuck with that contract.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Deng for expirer gay

You got any inside info that we don't have our just a guess?
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject:

This team could use a defensive rebounder like today. I really miss Ed Davis and Jordan Hill this season.
pooh108159
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject:

I been saying for 3 yrs we need to trade for this guy and he is Terrance Ross.

DLO
Ingram at sg until his body matures
T Ross
Randle
Mozgov

trade deng for Tross
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/4699/nba-shopping-season-is-starting-to-warm-up-as-dec-15-draws-near

Marc Stein with a few hints on who might get traded, If we can swap Deng for Monroe... Id be all over it.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Hard to see any team taking on Luol. He looks beyond done, and will continue getting paid.

Last edited by panamaniac on Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/4699/nba-shopping-season-is-starting-to-warm-up-as-dec-15-draws-near

Marc Stein with a few hints on who might get traded, If we can swap Deng for Monroe... Id be all over it.

They have the Greek Freak and Jabari Parker at the 3/4 spots. No need for Deng
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

If Milwaukee is really motivated in unloading Monroe would they be eligible to trade him for Deng and then waive Deng in that process? IRCC.. ( Lakers would likely have to pay his lefty contract but without him crippling the line-up)..
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

If Milwaukee is really motivated in unloading Monroe would they be eligible to trade him for Deng and then waive Deng in that process? IRCC.. ( Lakers would likely have to pay his lefty contract but without him crippling the line-up)..

Your post is confusing.

..........................2016 - 2017........2017 - 2018.......2018 - 2019.......2019 - 2020
Deng .................$18,000,000........$17,190,000.........$18,000,000........$18,810,000
Monroe..............$17,100,000.........$17,900,000*................................................

If Monroe picks up his Player Option for the 2017 - 2018 season, wouldn't the Bucks be much better off dealing with that than the three remaining years on Deng's contract?

If you meant that the Lakers should include enough Cash to cover a substantial portion of Deng's future salary while letting the Bucks take the hit on their team salary, it isn't possible due to the limit on the amount of Cash that can be included in a trade.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Deng for expirer gay

You got any inside info that we don't have our just a guess?

Well if Sacramento wants a fresh start taking on a bad contract is not one of them. So I'm using common sense.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Your post is confusing.

..........................2016 - 2017........2017 - 2018.......2018 - 2019.......2019 - 2020
Deng .................$18,000,000........$17,190,000.........$18,000,000........$18,810,000
Monroe..............$17,100,000.........$17,900,000*................................................

If Monroe picks up his Player Option for the 2017 - 2018 season, wouldn't the Bucks be much better off dealing with that than the three remaining years on Deng's contract?

If you meant that the Lakers should include enough Cash to cover a substantial portion of Deng's future salary while letting the Bucks take the hit on their team salary, it isn't possible due to the limit on the amount of Cash that can be included in a trade.

I meant to say that the Bucks should trade Monroe for Deng and then waive him. It's the same thing but without having Monroe wasting a spot on there roster, he's averaging like 10MPG in the last 4-5 games.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Your post is confusing.

I meant to say that the Bucks should trade Monroe for Deng and then waive him. It's the same thing but without having Monroe wasting a spot on there roster, he's averaging like 10MPG in the last 4-5 games.

And no depth around Ingram at SF and he's still inexperienced.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Your post is confusing.

Why are you ignoring the financial differences under the waive Deng versus waive Monroe scenarios?

The salaries for Deng and Monroe for the 2016 - 2017 season and the 2017 - 2018 season are roughly the same.

Deng would still be owed salary for the 2018 - 2019 and 2019 -2020 seasons while Monroe wouldn't. Why would the Bucks want to be responsible for paying that additional $36.8 million and also be taking the hit on team salary?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13
Jump to: