Latest hypocrisy from the TNT crew
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Latest hypocrisy from the TNT crew

Did anyone one catch Kenny's excuse for Shaq as to why he aint playing well? paraphrased: "its true that superstars make other players better, but the rest of the Heat aren't making Shaq better"

WHAT?????
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Did he actually say that?

But wait ... I thought Kobe made noone better.

Shaq certainly wasn't this ineffective with Kobe ....

:roll:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kobester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Did anyone hear what Kenny Smith said on TNT?

It's not that Shaq and wade don't make their teammates better. It's the supporting cast makes shaq and wade look bad. Nice spin work.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest hypocrisy from the TNT crew

Mongo wrote:
Did anyone one catch Kenny's excuse for Shaq as to why he aint playing well? paraphrased: "its true that superstars make other players better, but the rest of the Heat aren't making Shaq better"

WHAT?????

I heard that too and I was like when did Kenny turned into Yogi Berra. So it's Kobe's fault he can't make guys like Luke and Sasha into good players, but it's Mourning, Walker and Haslem's fault that Shaq is not rebounding, blocking shots, and shooting 47% at the line.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject:

What a crazy world we live in.
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject:

I wish that they would fire kenny, charles, and reggie. Ernie can stay.
aiel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject:

I believe what kenny meant was the relationship between role players and their stars is a reciprocal one. Just as great stars elevate others around them, role players can make the game easier for the stars. this is where that saying greater than the sum of its parts comes. Last night kobe and cook was a good example of this. That moron barkley had it only half right.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest hypocrisy from the TNT crew

Mongo wrote:

WHAT?????

I guess Wade and co. aren't superstars. I guess Shaq isn't one either if he can't take care of his own responsibilities.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Shaq, "It's everyone elses fault not mine." And, Kenny seconds it. :roll:
VonWafer&KobeBryantFa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject:

They are just kobe Haters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
LA4Life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject:

This whole "making people around them better" crap is the latest (bleep) cliche floating around. I don't care how good you are, you can't turn crap into gold. I wish these morons would just STFU already.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Love me or hate me, it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved, for the exact same reasons...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest hypocrisy from the TNT crew

Mongo wrote:

WHAT?????

I think i speak for all L.G 'ers but WHAT the Fukc??? , i believe kenny have gone of his rocker. He is just spewing crap, is kapono supposed to make shaq better. Well in that case what the hell is sasha doing , y isnt he helping kobe average 40 points???
brock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject:

Look, if Wade, Payton, and Williams can't make Shaq better, I'm not sure what combo of guards could. Who exactly does Kenny think Shaq needs to make him "better"?
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject:

People remember what Shaq did in Championships, but forget that he's turning 34 next month. Shaq is past prime. He's still one of the best centers in the NBA, but he's no longer the dominant force he used to be.
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject:

brock wrote:
Look, if Wade, Payton, and Williams can't make Shaq better, I'm not sure what combo of guards could. Who exactly does Kenny think Shaq needs to make him "better"?

Kobe........................
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Latest hypocrisy from the TNT crew

Mongo wrote:

WHAT?????

Kenny makes sense...

Superstars need to make other players better...like Wade (the superstar) need to make Shaq (the other player) better...and Wade is not doing a good job.

Kenny also said Barkley has food stacked in his closet instead of clothes...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject:

The TNT show proved long ago that its credibility is non-existent.

It is just a waste of valuable time out of your life which you will never get back, crammed between as many commercials as they can muster.
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject:

Kenny was saying that as an effective point guard he make Hakeem look better because he got him the ball where it was most effective. Heat doesn't have an effective point guard. He also said outside shooters make a center's job easier better because when he passes out to them they hit their shots. Heat's shooters can't hit their shots.

They also said that the present role players have not accepted their roles as well as last year's group did.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject:

targetman wrote:
Kenny was saying that as an effective point guard he make Hakeem look better because he got him the ball where it was most effective. Heat doesn't have an effective point guard. He also said outside shooters make a center's job easier better because when he passes out to them they hit their shots. Heat's shooters can't hit their shots.

They also said that the present role players have not accepted their roles as well as last year's group did.

All these are excuses they conveniently deny Kobe
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Mongo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
targetman wrote:

All these are excuses they conveniently deny Kobe

Exactly my point. I actually agree that the players around the superstars need to fill their roll in order for the superstars to reach maximum acheivement. I'm just astonished that whenever they talk about Kobe, they never bring up the other side of the argument, only that "he doesn't make those around him better".
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
Love me or hate me, it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved, for the exact same reasons...

That is awesome. Where did you get that from? And whom are you speaking of?
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject:

aiel wrote:
I believe what kenny meant was the relationship between role players and their stars is a reciprocal one. Just as great stars elevate others around them, role players can make the game easier for the stars. this is where that saying greater than the sum of its parts comes. Last night kobe and cook was a good example of this. That moron barkley had it only half right.
Why doesn't that ever apply to kobe, who isn't playing with nearly the talent shaq is...double standard from absolute morons. I can't even watch that show anymore... :roll:
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject:

Believe it or not, Kobe was the best guard for Shaq. And Phil was the best coach ....

Allowed Shaq to get the ball early and dominate. Then take over himself as the game wears on. As Kobe said, he made up for all of Shaq's weaknesses.

Wade is excellent, but does he really dominate the game towards the end and hit all those outside jumpers the defense will give you with Shaq inside?

It was a very basic plan, but it was what they did 8 times out of 10.

The Heat for some reason can't do that.

But then again, Shaq isn't the same player we had ....
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject:

What a bunch of fools.

Shaq is not and hasn't been a superstar for a while now.
They are still claiming that he's a superstar, despite the fact that his numbers are awful by superstar standards and he plays for a mediocre team led by a better player than he?

Seriously, I'm beginning to wonder if that "rumble" Barkley and Shaq had was just a stunt that two lovers decided to put on.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: