TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
E=MC² wrote:
Is DLO crumbling under pressure to have a big season?
He's been subpar so far this season. Very disappointed in him.

I've been a little disappointed with his stretch to start the season. I think he'll pull it together, but he looks more like the timid D'Angelo we saw last year. Still figuring it out

I agree. DLO is a talented young player with a lot to learn, and a lot of strong attributes. As such he's had very strong games, and very weak one such as this one.

My eye roll was Dave20 specific. It's tiresome to constantly harp on the bad and never acknowledge the good.

Last edited by TDRock on Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Have to question Luke's decision to put Calderon in there for so long in the 3rd instead of Lou
He was teaching Russell a lesson. If he continues to play this bad he's going to be benched.
HeatCandela
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject:

I can't believe we allowed a culture of losing team beat us and gave up 47 to Wiggins smh (bleep) this (bleep)!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Have to question Luke's decision to put Calderon in there for so long in the 3rd instead of Lou
He was teaching Russell a lesson. If he continues to play this bad he's going to be benched.

Comme ça. Somehow this quote that had nothing to do with Russell got twisted to another put down of Russell.

Tired

Predictable

Weak
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject:

This was basically the Dallas game redux. Except against a better team, and on the road. We can't afford to come out flat against other young teams. We have to match them talent for talent, and effort for effort. Hate seeing KAT and Wiggins go off with no one on our side to answer the call.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Lou getting benched teaches Russell a lesson? Wow, Luke really does have some new ways of reaching these young guys.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Just as a reminder to everyone who is salty about tonight's loss that put us at 6-5. We didn't win our 6th game until December 30th of last year.

Through 11 games last year we were 2-9 and lost our next 6 games after that to put us at 2-15.

Things are much improved. We are mad now that the lakers SHOULD or COULD have won something, how many games last year did we watch that were over mid way through the 2nd and we knew it.

Things are much improved, let's enjoy!!
dadadada
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Lou getting benched teaches Russell a lesson? Wow, Luke really does have some new ways of reaching these young guys.

Russell was getting benched, not Lou.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Just as a reminder to everyone who is salty about tonight's loss that put us at 6-5. We didn't win our 6th game until December 30th of last year.

Through 11 games last year we were 2-9 and lost our next 6 games after that to put us at 2-15.

Things are much improved. We are mad now that the lakers SHOULD or COULD have won something, how many games last year did we watch that were over mid way through the 2nd and we knew it.

Things are much improved, let's enjoy!!

dont get it twisted I love being pissed about losses past 2 years there was no emotion cuz the team and coach were terrible
Typhooned
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Kobe cockiness, not enough Kobe talent.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject:

dadadada wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Russell was getting benched, not Lou.

so I meant to ask about Russell? The original comment I made was about Lou not coming in the 3rd Quarter when Luke played Calderon with Clarkson.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Take the 2-1 road trip, but hopefully they learn from this game.
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Comme ça. Somehow this quote that had nothing to do with Russell got twisted to another put down of Russell.

Tired

Predictable

Weak

He's a JC Stan so I guess it's a requirement to dislike all the other guards on the team. Dave hates DLO, Lou, and Young because he jocks JC so much.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject:

we were closing the gap.. and then there were a lot of phantom foul calls.

several that completely broke our momentum and then it was out of reach. Our guys fought hard.. but came up short.. definitely a learning moment.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
we were closing the gap.. and then there were a lot of phantom foul calls.

several that completely broke our momentum and then it was out of reach. Our guys fought hard.. but came up short.. definitely a learning moment.

The refs and the NBA bush league won't sleep well at night unless they screw the Lakers for 1 game.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Games like these are the ones we should win if we want to have a chance at making the playoffs. If we lose to the Nets Tuesday I think changes will be made.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Games like these are the ones we should win if we want to have a chance at making the playoffs. If we lose to the Nets Tuesday I think changes will be made.

What changes? The Lakers are playing well above average. If they end up winning against the Nets on Tuesday. the team is back on the map and especially since that upcoming tough of games might actually help the team get there act together.
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

JC will be the first one gone.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

What changes? The Lakers are playing well above average. If they end up winning against the Nets on Tuesday. the team is back on the map and especially since that upcoming tough of games might actually help the team get there act together.

Changes to the starting lineup. This isn't going to last very long with how bad the starters are playing. We can't keep relying on the bench to dig us out of 10 point 1st quarter leads. Eventually like tonight it's going to catch up to us when we play better teams.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Changes to the starting lineup. This isn't going to last very long with how bad the starters are playing. We can't keep relying on the bench to dig us out of 10 point 1st quarter leads. Eventually like tonight it's going to catch up to us when we play better teams.

I don't think there is gonna be much tinkering, perhaps Ingram might slide to the starting 3. Clarkson has been a nice spark off the bench, and the team as a whole should just move on from this game. It's a 82 game season which means there is gonna be grinds and some unfortunate nights.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Just a loss....lets move on...important game vs Nets....its young team....we are going to have these a lot....B2B against good team is not the end of the world....OK -27 is ugly but just one game ....GO LAKERS
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject:

They fought back. I like that they feel they can come back no matter how much theyre down. Theyre not hanging their heads when things arent going their way. This was just TWolves night.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:35 am    Post subject:

Second time during this streak of winning basketball that Luke tried to mix in Jose Calderon, second time we lost. I'm not saying that's the main cause, but if he wanted to bench Russell, Jordan is young enough for the extra minutes. Heck, split it with Lou and Jordan. Why did Jose have to take all of those third quarter minutes? Maybe, we could have cut the lead down more with Lou, and make it more manageable for the 4th. Stop trying to find a role for Calderon Luke!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject:

Hopefully CLW can use this as a teaching moment, put it behind us and move on to the next game. GO LAKERS!
CHRISTYLE70
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject:

Typhooned wrote:
Kobe cockiness, not enough Kobe talent.

I really like for Russell to shut up and Play. Less Talk and more good shooting nights. I rolled my eyes at his statement that losing to the Wolves would be unacceptable.. Just shut up and play kid.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43
Page 43 of 43
Jump to: