View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:41 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
And to some extent we could have beaten Utah and Indiana 2 so called teams who are projected to take the next major step this year.

I'm looking forward to seeing this team shock the league in the next 5 games.

Same team that got pummeled by Minny and barely won against a scrub ass team in Brooklyn?

Yep! Same team that handed the Dubs their a$$es and made Dwight look like the loser he is.

Inconsistent team then...
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:42 pm    Post subject:

JH from Hemet wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
And to some extent we could have beaten Utah and Indiana 2 so called teams who are projected to take the next major step this year.

Same team that got pummeled by Minny and barely won against a scrub ass team in Brooklyn?

Just for a bit of reality

We got win 7 last year in January

So put a cork in it mr

What? Who the hell do you think you are?
JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yep! Same team that handed the Dubs their a$$es and made Dwight look like the loser he is.

A young growing team.....just enjoy the journey
JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
JH from Hemet wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

So put a cork in it mr

The UNSILENT MAJORITY BIGMOUTH
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject:

JH from Hemet wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
JH from Hemet wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

So put a cork in it mr

The UNSILENT MAJORITY BIGMOUTH

Nice joke.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Inconsistent in that statistical sense is exactly what gets us to a 0.5 win ratio!

After the hell hole of the past few seasons, I'm drinking all night to 500 ball
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Brooklyn doesn't have a scrub roster, that's just shows you don't watch the games, they have been in games and most of there loses have been close.

And Minny was a unfortunate situation, the Kobe/Gasol Lakers probably lose that game to.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Solid win. Enjoyed the offensive explosion again, but was not a fan of the open door policy to the basket on the defensive end - yep, I know theyre young but eesh that was painful. Both on radio and TV there were comments of the "and there we go again, another layup" by the announcers and even Luke post game made reference to the lack of defensive effort. I really, really hope they step it up in that department because that's really more about effort than execution.

So nevermind their next 5 games (which are brutal), I believe their 30 days after this friday are going to be a real test for them - 18 games in that time, no back to back days off, and five...yes five...back to back games, including a 4 games in 5 nights (edited). They have to play in that time span:

1. Spurs
2 OKC
3. Warriors x 2 (including the day after playing OKC)
4. Bulls x2
5. Hawks
6. Raptors
7. Cavs

Some lessons for this young team for sure before the end of the year.

Last edited by DrDent on Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Brooklyn doesn't have a scrub roster, that's just shows you don't watch the games, they have been in games and most of there loses have been close.

And Minny was a unfortunate situation, the Kobe/Gasol Lakers probably lose that game to.

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:56 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Man, not gonna be able to watch today. Got plans to ball with some friends instead. I did an "ice in my veins" celebration last time I played... can I transfer that to DLO so he can have an "ice in my veins" type game tonight?

I caught the first 5 min before I left to play ball. When DLO had like 17 points in 6 minutes, I knew I was in for a rough night at the courts. Lol. I couldn't buy a jumper... glad it worked though!
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:07 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
tox wrote:
Man, not gonna be able to watch today. Got plans to ball with some friends instead. I did an "ice in my veins" celebration last time I played... can I transfer that to DLO so he can have an "ice in my veins" type game tonight?

I caught the first 5 min before I left to play ball. When DLO had like 17 points in 6 minutes, I knew I was in for a rough night at the courts. Lol. I couldn't buy a jumper... glad it worked though!

He got close to your goals.

Hope your sacrifice wasn't too bad.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:08 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Solid win. Enjoyed the offensive explosion again, but was not a fan of the open door policy to the basket on the defensive end - yep, I know theyre young but eesh that was painful. Both on radio and TV there were comments of the "and there we go again, another layup" by the announcers and even Luke post game made reference to the lack of defensive effort. I really, really hope they step it up in that department because that's really more about effort than execution.

So nevermind their next 5 games (which are brutal), I believe their 30 days after this friday are going to be a real test for them - 18 games in that time, no back to back days off, and five...yes five...back to back games, including a 4 games in 5 nights (edited). They have to play in that time span:

1. Spurs
2 OKC
3. Warriors x 2 (including the day after playing OKC)
4. Bulls x2
5. Hawks
6. Raptors
7. Cavs

Some lessons for this young team for sure before the end of the year.

yeah.. I see a 6 game losing streak.. SAS is just really good.. CHI is gaining momentum.. OKC RWB seems to lite it up whenever he plays at staples.. then @GSW the next night.. that's 4 straight losses.. GSW then next game again.. maybe we make it close.. I'm hoping we can sweep ATL and beat NOLA again..
because CHI is the very next night. which is probably a loss.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:16 am    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
tox wrote:
tox wrote:

He got close to your goals.

Hope your sacrifice wasn't too bad.

Haha, well my poor shooting cost my team in a Best of 3 pickup seires. It was 10-10, straight up to 11, in the 3rd game. I took a twisting elbow jumper that's my sweet spot, and it just rattled out. My man rebounded the ball and pulled up from about 20 and drained the winner on me. Lukewarm water in my veins

Still worth it though. We're all Lakers fan so it worked out
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
CBS Sports NBA ✔ @CBSSportsNBA
Lakers go to 7-5 with a victory over the Pesky Nets.
The schedule is about to get very real for them, but it’s a fun team.
11:54 PM - 15 Nov 2016

Quote:
Greg Beacham ✔ @gregbeacham
The Lakers start a string of 18 games in 30 days on Friday. They won't have consecutive days off for an entire month.
12:36 AM - 16 Nov 2016
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:26 am    Post subject:

Number 7 wrote:
D'Angelo will go off for 30pts and 12 assists.

Correct on the points, not quite on the assists. I'll take it!
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:27 am    Post subject:

5TH SEEEEEED!!!!!!
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Our schedule already has been very "real". When we had the games against hawks and warriors...

Btw it is really starting to irritate me how every single freaking year we have one of the toughest strength of schedule in the entire league.

I understand that we need to have a grammy trip but that doesn't mean we need to face spurs and warriors twice in one week when other teams get to chill at home against lowly eastern conference teams for a month
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

They do have a scrub roster.

They've been in games due to team play and hard work. But if a talented team matches that, it shouldn't be close. Especially with Lin out.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Quote:

Our schedule already has been very "real". When we had the games against hawks and warriors...

Btw it is really starting to irritate me how every single freaking year we have one of the toughest strength of schedule in the entire league.

I understand that we need to have a grammy trip but that doesn't mean we need to face spurs and warriors twice in one week when other teams get to chill at home against lowly eastern conference teams for a month

I don't think there is such thing as an easy or hard schedule in the NBA. Everyone plays 41 road games, everyone has about the same number of back to backs, everyone plays every team. Its not like college football where schedules are completely different.

Strength of schedule has almost no meaning. The Lakers have a few perks most teams don't have, like two " road" games in their own arena, and home crowds in a lot of other road arenas.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Quote:

I don't think there is such thing as an easy or hard schedule in the NBA. Everyone plays 41 road games, everyone has about the same number of back to backs, everyone plays every team. Its not like college football where schedules are completely different.

Strength of schedule has almost no meaning. The Lakers have a few perks most teams don't have, like two " road" games in their own arena, and home crowds in a lot of other road arenas.

Yeah, more or less. The Lakers have had the issue of playing on a coast (more travel time) and in the Western Conference (more games against strong teams). But the only reason the Lakers have led the league in SOS recently is because they haven't been able to play themselves, which is an easy win for other teams. Lol
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject:

There are no easy games in this league. We'll have to take 'em one at a time. Nice win, now bring on the Spurs!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47
Page 47 of 47
Jump to: