Lebron Upset at Phil Jackson Over "Posse" Comment
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Lebron Upset at Phil Jackson Over "Posse" Comment

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18055626/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-slams-phil-jackson-referring-business-partners-posse
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Don't think Phil meant anything racist by it. From past reports about Lebron and his business partners demands down in South Beach, seems like they were more about getting special treatment and access for themselves. He can call that "doing business", but wanting free stuff doesn't seem very business like.
LakerDan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is such a douche!!

He is now obviously on the "Everything is racist" train.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject:

possee is now a racist term

"hey, you and your posse wanna come shoot some hoops?"

"what did you call us? Did you call us what I think you called us? Say it again! Say it again to my face!!!"
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject:

I suspect that Lebron was more upset about the rest of what PJ said and is fixating on the word "posse."
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I suspect that Lebron was more upset about the rest of what PJ said and is fixating on the word "posse."

That's what it smells like to me.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Not half as bad as what Dan Gilbert, Lebron's "owner" said about him when he left Clev.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Sign of our times, why discuss it when you can just call him a white privileged racist!?!?

Does it matter that he happened the earn the respect of most black basketball players?

To me, having Lebron play this as a race card, while suggesting that it might have something to do with Trump becoming president, just solidifies his position as the most self absorbed douche bag to ever play the game.

I say. F Lebron and all his partners. F'em all!! Count me as someone who is fed up with the politics in this country and any douche like him who uses it to further their agenda.

And one last thing, and really think about this, who do you think Jackson voted for in the Presidential race?? Bet you it wasn't Trump!
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject:

From Brian Windhorst on Pat Riley courting Lebron in 2010:

Quote:
It was also made known to James that the Heat would take care of his friends the same way the Cavs did -- special treatment at the arena, changing practice and travel schedules to allow for money-making late-night parties in various cities, and perhaps even hiring a James associate in a high-paying position in the organization.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/07/inside_the_decision_miamis_cou.html
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) Lebron.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Not half as bad as what Dan Gilbert, Lebron's "owner" said about him when he left Clev.

Seriously, if we really want to keep it real...
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Silly sauce
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject:

As someone who dislikes both LeBron and Phil Jackson I have no horse in this race.

However I don't think Phil was being racist. I don't think he should've referred to LeBron's associates as a posse that seems disrespectful as if they don't know the business world or something.

I do think he was being a douche probably annoyed that for once he doesn't have the best player in the game on his team and he has to be like everyone else.

That being said LeBron acting as if this was Phil being a racist is laughable to me considering what Dan Gilbert said in his letter after the Decision was far worse and Gilbert is an admitted Trump supporter.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject:

And just to refresh some memories...

Quote:
You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

Quote:
This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

Quote:
"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

LeBron actually went back to play for this dude. But he's offended by someone who has really nothing to do with his life describing his crew as a 'posse?'

Okay.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
And just to refresh some memories...

Quote:
You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

Quote:
This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

Quote:
"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

LeBron actually went back to play for this dude. But he's offended by someone who has really nothing to do with his life describing his crew as a 'posse?'

Okay.

Lebron really respects Phil's mind. So Lebron took it personally. Lebron can be emotional at times and i get why he is mad. I dont think Phil did anything wrong but I cant blame James's reaction.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject:

I'm offended that LeBron is offended by an inoffensive word.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
As someone who dislikes both LeBron and Phil Jackson I have no horse in this race.

However I don't think Phil was being racist. I don't think he should've referred to LeBron's associates as a posse that seems disrespectful as if they don't know the business world or something.

I do think he was being a douche probably annoyed that for once he doesn't have the best player in the game on his team and he has to be like everyone else.

That being said LeBron acting as if this was Phil being a racist is laughable to me considering what Dan Gilbert said in his letter after the Decision was far worse and Gilbert is an admitted Trump supporter.

How is PJ being a douche for pointing out that LeBron wanted to do something that is just not done at any time, by any team, for any player and that even his own coach and GM agreed was wrong?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

How is PJ being a douche for pointing out that LeBron wanted to do something that is just not done at any time, by any team, for any player and that even his own coach and GM agreed was wrong?

I took it differently I thought he wasn't taking the business acumen of LeBron's business partners seriously that they were hangers on and not much else.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Well there goes half the Westerns ever made...

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject:

I guess I'm offended that PJ threatened to grab Lebron by the posse.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Nice tweak by Phil...obviously got under LeBron's persona and got a real reaction
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Anyone here who hasn't ever been ticked at one of Phil's comments? This is what he does, we all know that.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

And I wonder why he thinks that. I mean is it because they're African American guys? Or is it just ageism and he figures they don't have the education or training? I don't know enough about his business partners to know how they handle business and I don't really care but if you go out of your way to critique how someone else conducts themselves, you can expect people to shoot back at you.

I know people at my work who are higher up and want things their way and they get accommodations the rest of us wouldn't get. Isn't that par for the course? I mean I know Phil was no stranger to having the authority to call his own shots and make his own rules. That's why he had troubled relationships with his bosses.

Just Phil being Phil.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Nice tweak by Phil...obviously got under LeBron's persona and got a real reaction

Yep. PJ playing El BJ like a fiddle.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

I took it differently I thought he wasn't taking the business acumen of LeBron's business partners seriously that they were hangers on and not much else.

If LeBron's associates/partners had any business acumen, they wouldn't be asking for unprecedented privileges that compromise the team dynamic. So rather than being a douche, PJ was spot on.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: