VIDEO: HERE IS KOBE'S NIKE AD! HIGH QUALITY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedSnapper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Edited?

VonWafer&KobeBryantFa wrote:
There you go its edited.

It's 30 seconds long. How edited could it be?

I'll pass on commentary, since i haven't watched it with sound on. (I'm at work, and don't need to be advertising that I'm on a diversion.)

But based on the descriptions in the articles, it sounds like Nike and Kobe are embracing the polarizing figure he has become. Frankly, I think that is perfect. Kobe is never going to be the "golden boy" again for a lot of people. He wasn't overly popular to begin with, among a significant portion of fans. So why should he waste energy trying to "be like Mike?"

The ironic thing is that early in his career he was viewed by some as "not real" and a "sellout". This commercial is about as far from being a "sellout" as a commercial can possibly be. Kobe has decided to be his true self, and not react to whether people like it.

To do otherwise can only result in disappoinment and diversion from his true goal: winning championships and being the greatest player on the planet.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject:

just heard on Loose Cannons that it was Kobe's idea to keep the ad simple and real.. the video was shot during one of Kobe's summer workouts. He didn't want any gimmicks.

He also helped design the shoe apparently.
VonWafer&KobeBryantFa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Edited?

RedSnapper wrote:
VonWafer&KobeBryantFa wrote:
There you go its edited.

It's 30 seconds long. How edited could it be?

I'll pass on commentary, since i haven't watched it with sound on. (I'm at work, and don't need to be advertising that I'm on a diversion.)

But based on the descriptions in the articles, it sounds like Nike and Kobe are embracing the polarizing figure he has become. Frankly, I think that is perfect. Kobe is never going to be the "golden boy" again for a lot of people. He wasn't overly popular to begin with, among a significant portion of fans. So why should he waste energy trying to "be like Mike?"

The ironic thing is that early in his career he was viewed by some as "not real" and a "sellout". This commercial is about as far from being a "sellout" as a commercial can possibly be. Kobe has decided to be his true self, and not react to whether people like it.

To do otherwise can only result in disappoinment and diversion from his true goal: winning championships and being the greatest player on the planet.

No I said there you go boys and she is a girl and said girls so I edited it and said there you go I edited. Not the movie. Sorry man.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject:

astrallionheart wrote:
KingKobeDubbz wrote:
Thanks for sending us Kobe's first Nike commercial. Tight. Pretty nice that Kobe is letting peeps you don't have to like him he'll still be killin' cats on the court no matter what. I mean cuz lets face it there will always be Kobe haters all over the world. Especially around the nation . Well jjust have to see how many of these Nike commericals Kobe si gonna come out with.

I think he just rubs some people the wrong way. Some people like preening jocks. Some will always be haters.

What really tickles my fancy is that all the haters would kill to have Kobe on their team. Fans and players.

Hate him cuz he isn't on your team!!!!! Hahahahahaha!!!!!
RePLAY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject:

eldrunko714 wrote:
I didn't like the ad imo...Lebron gets all these well done ads, KG, Carmello, and Kobe gets a grainy home video looking ad. I thought it was weak, Kobe deserved better.

Actually I just watched it again and I liked it

Kobe told am570 that he chose this style and substance.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject:

Daily News:

Quote:

Feedback: The footage of Bryant shooting jumpers and lifting weights in his new Nike commercial was taken during what Bryant calls his "blackout" period last summer, when he immersed himself in workouts and put the Lakers' 34-48 season behind him.

After the commercial debuted Thursday, Bryant said he got calls from several NBA players, one of whom said he was heading to the gym to work out even though it was a day off after watching the ad.

"We got a little camera and filmed one of my workout sessions," Bryant said. "That's as real as it gets. There's no script, there's no cut. That was one of my workouts in the blackout this summer. We took that footage and edited it and wrote a pretty raw spot."
The Kobe Era 2K5
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject:

Thanks for posting it,
CaCHooKa Man from clublakers posted this ad in 5 different formats , but as CL is down I gotta wait till they will get back.
Also Cachooka posted Kobe's Sprite and McDonalds ads from 2003...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: