***Los Angeles Lakers vs San Antonio Spurs*** 11/18 7:30 PM Pacific Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Lot of positives to take from this game. We already knew that these guys never give up. But this game proves that we are LEGIT!
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

E=MC² wrote:
Iconic wrote:
So Luke is preaching defense, yet we're the 3rd worst defensive team in the NBA

Clearly, he's either not really preaching, or just doesn't know how to set it up and teach it. He doesn't even go to zone to try to stop penetration when Brooklyn scores 10 straight layups the other day

The Lakers aren't very good communicating on defense even in man to man. Zone would be even worse because they would give up more offensive rebounds. They just need more time to acclimate to each other. So far a lot of their best defensive plays have been more individual efforts than just sound fundamental defensive strategies. Look at the Spurs, even as slow as they are they rotate and cover each other almost automatically while the Lakers end up on the wrong end of switches like Clarkson guarding Aldridge in a key possession with no weakside help.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

JeezyXVII wrote:
Such a disappointing loss. They couldve won this game. But just not their night. 7 minutes remaining in the 4thQ and SAS was out of fouls and LA didnt exploit it and didnt attack much. With the type of night they were having, it would have been the best option to stop the clock and shoot FT's.

That's why we missed Russell.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DrDent wrote:
Megaton wrote:
The defense forced a lot of turnovers.

And seriously you cynical people, give the other team some damn credit. They made a lot of clutch shots whether it was contested or not, and while a lot of shots they made were open, not many teams make em that consistently like the Spurs did tonight.

And just couldn't stop LMA. Too big, and was money with his jumper tonight. One of the toughest bigs to guard in the league.

Seriously this was a hard fought game against an experienced title contender who had everything going for them and still was close.

Agreed. Using the reverse of the thinking, does that mean we are not playing good offense when we pass a lot and find the open man and instead it's just bad Spurs defense? Of course not.

Lakers in many instances had great defensive effort but were beaten by multiple passes and screens and then a spur hitting a 20 foot jumper after all that. Lakers did the same vs Spurs too.

We gave them a good fight, so I'm good with that. It was encouraging to go toe to toe vs a quality team like San Antonio.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Valiant effort without Russell and against one of the premier teams in the league.

The Spurs showed why they are undefeated on the road. The Lakers showed that they are for real.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
Such a disappointing loss. They couldve won this game. But just not their night. 7 minutes remaining in the 4thQ and SAS was out of fouls and LA didnt exploit it and didnt attack much. With the type of night they were having, it would have been the best option to stop the clock and shoot FT's.

They did attack the basket quite a bit, but they were either too tentative to go all the way to the rim or didn't get any calls on contact. Credit the Spurs for doing just enough defensively to disrupt them.
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject:

So many lost opportunities; this game was very winnable. Luke played Calderon about 3 minutes too many in the 2nd half. I thought Ingram should have guarded Leonard the whole game. It's the Spurs; you never leave the corner 3s open. I think we win this with Russell playing.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Not bad tonight. Playing against a contending team like Spurs and without our starting PG, could be our best player, and still has a chance to win down the stretch. Not bad, really not bad. It's just 13rd game out of 82 this season. The team have a lot of young players, new players and a new coach. Expected to make a push to playoff and even make some noises
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject:

we're near the bottom of the league when it comes to defense. the way they lost doesnt surprise me tbh.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject:

That third quarter killed us. We kept coming back, but the Spurs kept hitting big shots when they needed them, smh. I feel like we are always behind, trying to chase games. Ah well, we fought hard but came up short.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Bulls will be playing us on a b2b after the Clips, so we definitely need to take that one
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
I'll take the moral victory tonight. 107 points against one of the best defenses in the league, we were missing D'Angelo, and we still had opportunities down the stretch.

On to Sunday!

In the words of Luke, there are no such things as moral victories.

Fair enough. Losing sucks, especially when its in terms of a winnable game against one of the best teams in the league, but the effort in making multiple comebacks to make the game close is enough for me to excuse it for tonight.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject:

E=MC² wrote:
bertrome wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Anyone find it kind of odd how Deng has actually been in the league for fewer years than LeBron and is almost done while LeBron is still the best player in the league?

Playing heavy minutes for Thibodeau helped ran him to the ground.

I think issues are deeper, he's fallen of sharply from his play last year

He played PF for one of the slowest teams in the league last year.

He's now playing SF for one of the fastest teams in the league this year.

Tonight we played one of the slowest teams in the league, played him at the 4 with Ingram at 3 and Randle at 5, and he had his best game of the season. No coincidence.

There aren't any deep issues or being run to the ground by Thibs. He's just old and playing out of position.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
Bulls will be playing us on a b2b after the Clips, so we definitely need to take that one

Bulls scare me more than these old spurs.

Wade and Butler will be living at the line
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:

Hopefully the Bulls win a tightly contested game, and then have no energy against the Lakers. DLO will need to be back so that the team can play up tempo against a tired Bulls team.
dlofan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Tainted win by the Spurs. With DLO, the Lakers would have won easily!

With DLO out, the Lakers are missing someone who the other team fears. Someone who has to be doubled. Ingram will get there one day, but he is not there yet. Randle is a nice player but isn't an impact offensive player. Lou and Clarkson are good bench players, but too streaky. I can't believe I am saying this but with DLO out, I think Swaggy P is our best offensive player and should get 20 shots. However, he doesn't make teams piss in their pants like a healthy DLO.
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Shaky defense aside, really liking this team. They never quit, never stop fighting.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject:

I am liking Jaime's french maid dress in the post-game.
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:06 am    Post subject:

The Spurs can't miss in the 3rd, we still manage to come back within 3 points, I'm still happy about the outcome.

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:26 am    Post subject:

Lol 13 points and 7 assists from a power forward isn't offensive impact?
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:48 am    Post subject:

The sense of entitlement of some in here is laughable really. Calling out the defense and Walton when with any other coach we would be like 2-10

Such scenes here from people i've never saw before posting as well. Amazing scenes.

We did very well against a very strong spurs team, great effort, not good enough but that is to be expected. They're a western conference finals contender team, we were supposed to be a lottery team this year, and still could be in there. It's more likely than not, but no.

People seriously upset about losing to the spurs if we somehow stole that one i bet dudes would say we can win a championship this year...such kneejearking reactions to a young team that is bound to have ups and downs.

Be disappointed if we're not in the playoffs next season, this is chapter zero, be cool, calm and collected fellas
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:08 am    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
Lol 13 points and 7 assists from a power forward isn't offensive impact?

THANK YOU!

(Plus 9 rebounds)
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:47 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Baxter Holmes
ESPN Staff Writer

Even in a loss, this was one of the most impressive efforts of this young season for these young Lakers. Playing without D'Angelo Russell, the Lakers fought the veteran Spurs to the very end and rallied after a 15-point deficit in the third quarter, proving again that these Lakers, under Luke Walton, are a very tough out, no matter who they're playing.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Baxter Holmes
ESPN Staff Writer

Even in a loss, this was one of the most impressive efforts of this young season for these young Lakers. Playing without D'Angelo Russell, the Lakers fought the veteran Spurs to the very end and rallied after a 15-point deficit in the third quarter, proving again that these Lakers, under Luke Walton, are a very tough out, no matter who they're playing.

Yup. They are doormats no longer. What they lack in experience they make up for with heart. I'll take that moral victory. Moving along in the right direction.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject:

It was the nine (or so) shots in a row, in the 4th quarter that sealed the Lakers fate.

Lakers played a very competitive game, but the Spurs are a top 5 team and perhaps the Lakers can learn from their defensive strategies!

Win or Lose the Lakers are once again FUN to watch!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 39 of 40
Jump to: