THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 425, 426, 427 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Muller is investigating Kushner's business dealings

You knew that was coming, WaPo reporting. The princeling better lawyer up too.

Quote:
Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller is investigating the finances and business dealings of Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and adviser, as part of the probe into Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election, according to officials familiar with the matter.

FBI agents and federal prosecutors have also been examining the financial dealings of other Trump associates, including former national security adviser Michael Flynn, former campaign chairman Paul Manafort and Carter Page, who was listed as a foreign policy adviser for the campaign.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject:

The rats will now be getting increasingly restless. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. I wonder if Vegas has odds on who'll be the first to flip and make a deal?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Way more. NY has RICO laying in wait.

Also, there's another part to obstruction of justice -- that's conspiracy to commit obstruction of justice. Which means everyone in the White House from staffers on up better lawyer up.

Vice President Pence Lawyers Up

Like rats on a sinking ship...

Like cockroaches when you turn the lights on....

If serious evidence comes forward on Trump and Pence. Watch the congressional GOP change its tune instantaneously. They don't want a President Pelosi after 2018. They'd impeach Trump and Pence and remove them from office posthaste.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
The rats will now be getting increasingly restless. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. I wonder if Vegas has odds on who'll be the first to flip and make a deal?

Flynn has already offered to sing if given immunity.
Prince Jared going to jail would soooo upset Daddy's Little Princess. Single motherhood is so hard!
Pence's "Mommy" will not want him sullied. Or heaven forbid tempted to sin in the big-house.
Sessions looks like he was born half weasel to begin with (or maybe opossum, can't really decide).
Carter Page looks like he has a substance abuse issue and would not do well in custody.

So many options.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

Also, there's another part to obstruction of justice -- that's conspiracy to commit obstruction of justice. Which means everyone in the White House from staffers on up better lawyer up.

You can't make this stuff up:

Mike Pence's attorney's law firm helped Russian oil project get $14 billion in funding

To believe that all of these Russian connections are just coincidences, no matter how innocent they may be, just defies all logic.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject:

P.S. Back when Trump was deciding on his final VP selection, he was leaning toward Chris Christie but Paul Manafort wanted Pence. So there's that.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

Mike Pence's attorney's law firm helped Russian oil project get $14 billion in funding

To believe that all of these Russian connections are just coincidences, no matter how innocent they may be, just defies all logic.

It's so bizarre.

Could it be that if someone looked hard enough they could find "Russian links" to just about everyone? By that I mean, is it because Russia is just heavily involved in business, law firms, lobbying etc. in the USA. Or is really unique to Trump and his cronies?

I'm not doubting they have these links, I'm asking if we could find similar links to GW Bush or Bill Clinton or whoever if we really searched.

Not the Manafort level links, I think those are very clear, but is everyone in Trump's orbit involved with Russians on some level? Is that true for all politicians??

Edit to add: I didn't see your link CL (right above my post) on Manafort pushing for Pence. Birds of a feather I guess, these guys are all linked together maybe and that accounts for common Russian links.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject:

^That a law firm has connections to Russia is pretty meaningless. At that level - talking about the elite east coast law firms that play on an international level - good luck finding a law firm that doesn't have any ties to Russia or just about every other 1st world country on Earth. The same thing goes for individual attorneys themselves to a lesser extent. The community of elite lawyers who billionaires and/or high profile public figures, either on a domestic level or international level, would higher is very, very small. At that level, one can't help but have connections to each other simply out of networking alone.

So, to answer your question, yes. It's a very small, small world in 2017.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^That a law firm has connections to Russia is pretty meaningless. At that level - talking about the elite east coast law firms that play on an international level - good luck finding a law firm that doesn't have any ties to Russia or just about every other 1st world country on Earth. The same thing goes for individual attorneys themselves to a lesser extent. The community of elite lawyers who billionaires and/or high profile public figures, either on a domestic level or international level, would higher is very, very small. At that level, one can't help but have connections to each other simply out of networking alone.

So, to answer your question, yes. It's a very small, small world in 2017.

Thanks, that's what I thought might be the answer at least for some of the attorney connections. Some business connections too I would expect.
Doesn't explain the Manafort and Flynn connections of course.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

I'm ...wow....

once again. there were millions of people who voted for this trump/pence ticket. and more or less voted for These guys to be placed in office along with anyone who trump chose to be in his administration when they voted for trump. Millions of people made that choice. Even after the trump university stuff came out. Even after the man didnt show his taxes. Even after ...."just grab em by the.." Those voters ran thru wall after wall after wall and chose to vote for this guy and his crew. And people wonder why I call those types of voters mentally ill.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Lordy, is anyone seeing the press release from Rod Rosenstein about not believing info attributed to anonymous sources, especially if they do not identify the country much less the agency the source is associated with.

WTH, I wonder if something is about to be released based on info from one of our allies intelligence people? Like a leak from conversations that supposedly were intercepted in Europe by various European country agencies. Or is Russia going to release something because they are upset about the sanctions the Senate passed and want to pressure POTUS? Pretty weird.

"Leaks" from Muller's probe couldn't possibly come from foreign countries could they? Unless the investigators are questioning foreign nationals in Ukraine or ??

I'm trying to find the actual press release on-line so I can quote the exact text.

Here's a twitter link that shows the exact wording
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Lordy, is anyone seeing the press release from Rod Rosenstein about not believing info attributed to anonymous sources, especially if they do not identify the country much less the agency the source is associated with.

WTH, I wonder if something is about to be released based on info from one of our allies intelligence people? Like a leak from conversations that supposedly were intercepted in Europe by various European country agencies. Or is Russia going to release something because they are upset about the sanctions the Senate passed and want to pressure POTUS? Pretty weird.

"Leaks" from Muller's probe couldn't possibly come from foreign countries could they? Unless the investigators are questioning foreign nationals in Ukraine or ??

I'm trying to find the actual press release on-line so I can quote the exact text.

I think Trump was behind this somehow, especially given his earlier tweets. I'm theorizing:

1) Rosenstein needs to placate Trump just enough to keep his job, thus assuring he remains to keep Mueller in place.

2) Rumor on twitter is that two different overseas allies have incriminating Trump tapes that they want to release but are trying to figure out if/how/when.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

Spiro "Dedes" Agnew resigned due to bribery and tax evasion that was being uncovered separate to Watergate. If Trump gets dumped, let us PRAY that Pence is gone, too. The major misgiving about Trump getting impeached is that we ain't gettin no relatively middle-road Gerald Ford type to carry us thru to 2020 or even 2024 (gasp). Ford got shot at by 2 unstable would-be femme fatales in a month's span. They showed the scenes of those incidents on one of those 70s retrospectives on CNN. I can't believe even crazies would bother targeting Ford of all people under normal circumstances. Nixon's toxicity might've carried over even though both of those attempts were chance opportunities. Even back in 75, random nuts were walking around packing heat. Look where we are now. The George Wallace shooting in 72 is reminiscent. He created a lot of ill will with his rhetoric. Arthur Bremer wanted to shoot Nixon or Wallace per his diaries.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

Spiro "Dedes" Agnew resigned due to bribery and tax evasion that was being uncovered separate to Watergate. If Trump gets dumped, let us PRAY that Pence is gone, too. The major misgiving about Trump getting impeached is that we ain't gettin no relatively middle-road Gerald Ford type to carry us thru to 2020 or even 2024 (gasp). Ford got shot at by 2 unstable would-be femme fatales in a month's span. They showed the scenes of those incidents on one of those 70s retrospectives on CNN. I can't believe even crazies would bother targeting Ford of all people under normal circumstances. Nixon's toxicity might've carried over even though both of those attempts were chance opportunities. Even back in 75, random nuts were walking around packing heat. Look where we are now. The George Wallace shooting in 72 is reminiscent. He created a lot of ill will with his rhetoric. Arthur Bremer wanted to shoot Nixon or Wallace per his diaries.

The assassination attempts had no real link to Watergate. The first assassin, "Squeaky" Fromme, was a Manson acolyte, and may have been following orders passed on from prison, though of course no evidence was ever uncovered. The second assassin, Sara Jane Moore, was probably a copycat shooter. Her political motivations were never revealed to be Watergate related, but were more akin to those of Timothy McVeigh. She was outraged following the police shootout of the Symbionese Liberation Army, and was in search of a target. The press coverage that followed the first assassination attempt painted the target for her.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
SweetP wrote:

I think Trump was behind this somehow, especially given his earlier tweets. I'm theorizing:

1) Rosenstein needs to placate Trump just enough to keep his job, thus assuring he remains to keep Mueller in place.

2) Rumor on twitter is that two different overseas allies have incriminating Trump tapes that they want to release but are trying to figure out if/how/when.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCZ__f4XYAEj2J5.jpg

All smoke and mirrors?

Trump confirms he's under investigation, takes swipe at Rosenstein

How much longer can this farce of a circus keep going on?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject:

Somebody post the new batch of tweets!!!!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Quote:
I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt

Quote:

Despite the phony Witch Hunt going on in America, the economic & jobs numbers are great. Regulations way down, jobs and enthusiasm way up!

Quote:
The Fake News Media hates when I use what has turned out to be my very powerful Social Media - over 100 million people! I can go around them

Quote:
After 7 months of investigations & committee hearings about my "collusion with the Russians," nobody has been able to show any proof. Sad!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject:

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject:

Why are we putting up with such a moron? He makes W. look like a Rhodes scholar.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject:

Robert Mueller expands special counsel office, hires 13 lawyers

What is it that Donnie likes to tweet so much? Oh yeah.... JOBS JOBS JOBS!
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject:

Trump is going to blow a gasket soon.

Is anyone old enough to remember Watergate happening in realtime? Was it like this? I know no Twitter or cable news, but there was news reports and TV press conferences and newspapers. And then televised hearings. While it was all unraveling was it this unsettling in public or did more of the panic stay hidden away?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Robert Mueller expands special counsel office, hires 13 lawyers

What is it that Donnie likes to tweet so much? Oh yeah.... JOBS JOBS JOBS!

Oh yeah. Nothing to see here.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

I can't figure Rosenstein out. What the hell is going on with him? What's his play here?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
SweetP wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCZ__f4XYAEj2J5.jpg

All smoke and mirrors?

Trump confirms he's under investigation, takes swipe at Rosenstein

How much longer can this farce of a circus keep going on?

As long as decide to Democrats stay home on voting days. We can diminish Trumps power at mid terms. Unless there's a impeachment we're stuck with him until 2020.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 425, 426, 427 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 426 of 3671
Jump to: