THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 437, 438, 439 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:34 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
So where is the world at on the Justice Kennedy retiring rumor? Is this happening? It's like a reverse PG13 rumor. Hope to all that is holy he sticks around for another three years (along with every other justice).

Chris Hayes speculated about it last week because this past Monday would have been the day (due to SCOTUS calendar) that he would logically announce it. But he didn't. Thank god. I think people are just speculating due to age.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
"I'm not responsible for the way you feel"

Quite a sobering statement

Responsibility for one's own feelings is a basic tenet of many forms of counseling.
Sobering, indeed.

Melfi shouted at Ton by about Season 5, "When are you gonna OWN UP to your FEELINGS?!" Ton was one of her more tedious patients. He could never stop feeling like a bad son because his mother was a schizo. She tried to have him whacked, he felt it was his fault. I hope CI doesn't have a mom like Livia.

Well she is German and Irish
I saw it all man
She probably was part of a warrior clan
She's lucky my dad didn't kill her in self defense
They fought a lot - she always brought her A game though. He would argue about jealousy BS while she screamed and clawed his face. She bit his nose so hard he had a scar there til he passed.
I didn't see it all but did hear she had hit him with a 10 and 12 inch cast iron skillet and half gallon vodka bottles
Tried to run him over with the car
Etc ^^^ all true lol
Their D I V O R C E became final around age 6
Pops would come in with a bloody face after Moms 1 inch plus fingernails had raked his face etc and tell me "Your Mommy and I are just having a disagreement. It has nothing to do with you"

So I guess I learned to disagree in some really (bleep) ways

There was a time she was always so drunk that I'd be riding home with her and she would pass out while I was the (bleep) passenger. I would call my Dad and he'd come pick us all up. One time we were doing 45- 50 on highway. I'm 11 or 12 and the car was headed sttaight for the offramp divider...i look over and Mom is asleep at the wheel. Luckily when I yanked the wheel back onto the road she woke.

Lol she is the person who made me think there needs to be a Female Incredible Hulk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject:

Wow. Trump is losing it.

Quote:
President Trump attacks Morning Joe hosts, saying “low I.Q. Crazy Mika” was once “bleeding badly from a face lift” http://lat.ms/2sULhMq

Last edited by 32 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:26 am; edited 2 times in total
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject:

Our bat (bleep) crazy Commander-in-Chief just tweeted this:

Quote:
I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don't watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came..

Quote:
...to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year's Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:

Quote:
I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don't watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came..

Quote:
...to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year's Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!

in that moment, he became presidential.

nice distraction though, this incendiary undignified crap will be sure to suck up the airwaves.
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject:

Trump hitting new lows every day.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

If he was your child, you'd punish him.

If he was your employee, you would fire him.

If he was your boss, you'd report him to HR for harassment.

If he was your neighbor, you'd stop answering the door and never invite him over again.

This is who he is. He hasn't changed.

And yet 63 million people said it was fine with them to have a President who acted this way.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

in that moment, he became presidential.

nice distraction though, this incendiary undignified crap will be sure to suck up the airwaves.

He's worse than our crazy uncle or the monkey flinging poo at the zoo

That creepy human runs the United States of America and the underlings he surrounds himself with are going to become just as creepy..some are much worse than him

What a crazy evolution our citizenry became
Even if Russia gave him 10 million fake votes .. my neighbors and others voted Donald Trump and all he slithers for as the man they wanted to look up to..
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

If he was your neighbor, you'd stop answering the door and never invite him over again.

And yet 63 million people said it was fine with them to have a President who acted this way.

Because there's no maximum limit on the number of stupid voters.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject:

There's no more denying that Trump supporters stay with him either because they're stupid, or they have the same character as him.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

That's because he IS them. I've said it many times, Donald Trump becoming president says way more about America than it will ever say about him. You cannot get behind someone like him unless he reflects how you really feel about a lot of things. All I can say is that is must have been MURDER having to see the 'other guy' be president for 8 years. Because 63 million people are out for blood and they don't care if they slaughter themselves in the process.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

That's because he IS them. I've said it many times, Donald Trump becoming president says way more about America than it will ever say about him. You cannot get behind someone like him unless he reflects how you really feel about a lot of things. All I can say is that is must have been MURDER having to see the 'other guy' be president for 8 years. Because 63 million people are out for blood and they don't care if they slaughter themselves in the process.

well said.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject:

Well this is different, and welcome.

Lawmakers applaud after panel approves language revoking war authority

Quote:
The House Appropriations Committee on Thursday approved an amendment that would revoke a 2001 law giving the president authority to undertake war against al Qaeda and its affiliates unless a replacement provision is created.

Lawmakers applauded when the amendment was added by voice vote to the defense spending bill, highlighting the frustration many members of Congress feel about the Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF), which was initially approved to authorize the response to the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

It has since been used to justify the Iraq War and the fight against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

Barbara Lee has been submitting this amendment every session since Iraq war and it never gets support. I guess some in the House are saying they don't trust Trump with blanket war-making authority and are taking back Congress's power to declare war. It's not a done deal, but it's a start.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Yep, the idea of a articulate, educated, enlightened man with brown skin being given power and respect infuriated some people.

Obama was their worst nightmare, a living refutation of all they hold dear.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

Trump had a lower percentage turnout than Romney.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
The House Appropriations Committee on Thursday approved an amendment that would revoke a 2001 law giving the president authority to undertake war against al Qaeda and its affiliates unless a replacement provision is created.

Lawmakers applauded when the amendment was added by voice vote to the defense spending bill, highlighting the frustration many members of Congress feel about the Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF), which was initially approved to authorize the response to the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

It has since been used to justify the Iraq War and the fight against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

Barbara Lee has been submitting this amendment every session since Iraq war and it never gets support. I guess some in the House are saying they don't trust Trump with blanket war-making authority and are taking back Congress's power to declare war. It's not a done deal, but it's a start.

FINALLY. I hope that goes through into law. The President currently has far too much unchecked authority to wage war.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Yep, the idea of a articulate, educated, enlightened man with brown skin being given power and respect infuriated some people.

Obama was their worst nightmare, a living refutation of all they hold dear.

They saw too mamy Americans happy and hated their life under that black president that no way in hell will they vote for that fake news crooked Woman liberal elitist..

Boy howdy. We'd rather burn the whole country down

Quote:
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" – Edmund Burke
The above is most likely a summary of the following quote in Burke's "Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents": "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Quote:
"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."

Last edited by ContagiousInspiration on Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

FINALLY. I hope that goes through into law. The President currently has far too much unchecked authority to wage war.

He has too much authority to even be responsible for his own hair

One thing parents MUST do is show their children what life is like as a silver spoon trust fund Racist family with wealth and influence.

Trump really is The Joker playing with us all

How did our society let this happen

Should we have carbon taxed NASCAR out of business?
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

He has too much authority to even be responsible for his own hair

One thing parents MUST do is show their children what life is like as a silver spoon trust fund Racist family with wealth and influence.

Trump really is The Joker playing with us all

How did our society let this happen

Should we have carbon taxed NASCAR out of business?

Nothing to do with Trump. The President just has too much unchecked authority to wage war. It's been that way for a long time.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

True that but I would venture the guess having Trumpin in office spurred it

Will this change Syria
Were we going to do a massive strike somewhere based on our story about a planned chemical weapons attack?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Trump’s tweet about Mika Brzezinski’s ‘bleeding’ face was way more than just an insult

I hope lawyers find something to sue him for so he won't feel empowered to verbally assault berate spit on etc with

https://www.google.com/search?q=megyn+kelly

Career destroyed
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Trump’s tweet about Mika Brzezinski’s ‘bleeding’ face was way more than just an insult

I hope lawyers find something to sue him for so he won't feel empowered to verbally assault berate spit on etc with

Career destroyed

Aren't you cute . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Career destroyed

Couldn't happen to a more deserving (rhymes with snitch).
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject:

I know polls only tell part of the story and the only poll that matters is election day 2018. That said, it's still interesting to watch trends, movement and momentum. So here are a couple of new snapshots broken down by various demographics (Link to CBS news poll 6/21):

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
I know polls only tell part of the story and the only poll that matters is election day 2018. That said, it's still interesting to watch trends, movement and momentum. So here are a couple of new snapshots broken down by various demographics (Link to CBS news poll 6/21):

http://cbsnews1.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2017/06/21/dbe31628-09fd-49d5-8a1f-63935329a349/crop/480x303+176+0/resize/620x/62e8e1a673e828737b9d80440d17882e/trump-job-rating.png

http://cbsnews2.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2017/06/21/ca26f034-4fdd-4be4-920b-b30bd6f06b90/crop/553x314+169+0/resize/620x/fee4ce03dd875fec8e2f6e3b95a6f03c/trump-gender.png

I have a hard time with the veracity of any poll that puts 12% of Liberals approving of Trump unless the margin of error is +/- 24%
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 437, 438, 439 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 438 of 3673
Jump to: