THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 449, 450, 451 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Barring some health issue I think Trump finishes his term and possibly gets re-elected to another. I have very little faith in the citizens of this country.

I don't know if Trump will get re-elected or not, but I most certainly agree with you on the bolded. Unfortunately.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Justice League: Meet The Veteran Prosecutors Powering The Russia Probe

Quote:

The powerhouse team of lawyers assigned to the multi-pronged federal investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election has expanded to include 15 members.

Plucked from the Justice Department and white-collar law firms by special counsel Robert Mueller, the attorneys boast years of experience prosecuting cases involving national security, fraud, money laundering, cybercrime and espionage. There are experts in witness-flipping, Russia, organized crime and public corruption. Several have worked with Mueller in the past.

Though the team is holed up away from the public eye in their office in the Patrick Henry Building on Washington, D.C.’s D Street, their previous work experience offers a window into where the investigation into Russia’s attempts to influence the election outcome—and whether any members of the Trump campaign assisted that effort or committed any financial crimes—could be headed.

These heavyweight prosecutors look pretty serious to me. It doesn't seem likely that Mueller would assemble a team with this type of expertise if he was never going to "do anything" about it.

Quote:
ANDREW WEISSMANN

Most recently the chief of the Justice Department’s fraud section, Weissmann joins Mueller’s team with decades of experience prosecuting cases involving organized crime, corporate misconduct and criminal fraud.

Some of the blockbuster cases he has taken the lead on include the prosecution of executives from now-defunct energy company Enron for their elaborate schemes to conceal their firm’s financial woes, and his conviction of members of the Gambino, Colombo and Genovese crime families as a federal prosecutor in Brooklyn.

Quote:
JAMES QUARLES III

Quarles kicked off his career working as an assistant special prosecutor on the special prosecution force investigating the Watergate scandal. After that investigation ended with the conviction of several of President Richard Nixon’s top aides for various abuses of power

Quote:
AARON ZEBLEY

A former FBI special agent on counterterrorism cases and assistant U.S. attorney in the National Security and Terrorism Unit

Quote:
BRANDON VAN GRACK

Van Grack is a veteran prosecutor in the counterespionage section of the DOJ’s national security division. In two recent cases, Van Grack helped prosecute a former government contractor who stole classified national defense documents and a computer hacker who provided the Islamic State with the names and contact information of over 1,000 government and military workers.

Quote:
RUSH ATKINSON

A trial attorney in the fraud section of the DOJ’s criminal division, Atkinson has worked on complex cases involving corporate malfeasance. Earlier this year, he helped indict a former top executive at Bankrate Inc., a financial services company, for manipulating the company’s statements and artificially inflating its earnings.

Quote:
ANDREW GOLDSTEIN

Goldstein joins the special counsel team from his post as head of the public corruption unit in the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Southern District of New York. Under former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara, a frequent critic of the administration who was fired by Trump earlier this year, the office burnished its reputation for aggressively prosecuting cases involving white-collar crime and public corruption.

Quote:
ZAINAB AHMAD

An assistant U.S. attorney in the Eastern District of New York, Ahmad served as the deputy chief of the national security and cybercrime section. As the New Yorker documented in a recent profile, Ahmad successfully prosecuted 13 international terrorism suspects for the U.S. government without losing a single case.

Quote:
ELIZABETH PRELOGAR

An assistant to the solicitor general’s office, Prelogar previously clerked for Supreme Court justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Elena Kagan and worked in private practice at Hogan Lovells.

She appears to be fluent in Russian from her undergraduate and graduate studies, and served as a Fulbright Scholar in Russia, as the National Law Journal reported.

Quote:
LISA PAGE

Page developed experience in money laundering and organized crime cases during her tenure as a trial attorney in the DOJ’s organized crime and gang section. She prosecuted a member of the Lucchese organized crime family and Bulgarian nationals who conducted a money laundering scheme using fake eBay ads.

There's plenty out there already. Junior has already admitted to collusion . . . judicial clout and integrity only goes as far as those who have it are willing to utilize it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
He's coming for all of them. It's pretty much the entire executive branch, the AG, majority leaders of the house and Senate and a whole slew of toadies. It's going to take a while because if it all sticks it's going to wipe out a big chunk of the government. It's not just making the cases airtight it's figuring out what happens next. There is no playbook for this.
i just want rights to the movie wants the real thing is all over. or the TV series...or both.

I want to own the prison they will all go to

None of these people are going to prison.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Ted wrote:
Everyone knows Trump & co. are corrupt and most like colluded with the Russians/foreign agents to undermine the election.

Why do I feel like nothing will happen though? Teflon Don will survive to live another day. Not getting my hopes up. The GOP will win the midterms and DT will win re-election in 2020. Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. Bush got elected twice and he's Einstein compared to this clown.

There is something about this though that I think will bring out the Patriotism in Americans...

Those who support Trump believe they are the patriots.

Quote:
I agree with Hector..this is huge

IMO our Federal Law Enforcement Officials may take this more than personal.. I feel some similarities to Pearl Harbor..

Surprise attack that is now a Russian Virus running wild in all reaches of our Govt?

Yeah, um no. Please don't do that crap again.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Life is so weird. I just found out that Paula Abdul follows me on Twitter. I just went and followed her back.

She's after your awesome vegan recipes!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Newest drip drip drip story: NYT: Trump Team Met With Lawyer Linked to Kremlin During Campaign

Quote:
Two weeks after Donald J. Trump clinched the Republican presidential nomination last year, his eldest son arranged a meeting at Trump Tower in Manhattan with a Russian lawyer who has connections to the Kremlin, according to confidential government records described to The New York Times.

The previously unreported meeting was also attended by Mr. Trump’s campaign chairman at the time, Paul J. Manafort, as well as the president’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, according to interviews and the documents, which were outlined by people familiar with them.

While President Trump has been dogged by revelations of undisclosed meetings between his associates and Russians, this episode at Trump Tower on June 9, 2016, is the first confirmed private meeting between a Russian national and members of Mr. Trump’s inner circle during the campaign. It is also the first time that his son Donald Trump Jr. is known to have been involved in such a meeting.

Jr. now says it was an innocent meeting to discuss the issue of Russian adoption. All involved had previously denied meeting with any Russians at Trump Tower.

Quote:
Bradd Jaffy‏Verified account @BraddJaffy

Don Trump Jr:
—March: Never met w/Russians on campaign issues
—Yday: It was about adoption
—Today: She said she had damaging info on Clinton

Given he lies like his father, the truth is actually something even worse than admitting he was meeting Russian to obtain info to damage Clinton. That's half-way to almost admitting collusion and yet it's an obvious lie. What is he really hiding? Mueller's coming for you too, Jr.

Supposedly a Russian woman was introduced to Trump, Jr., and that woman had absolutely nothing of value in terms of Hillary or the DNC. On the surface, that's surprising, as the Russian intelligence service surely would have vetted her first. My guess is that it was a Russian setup, with the intention of compromising Trump's idiot son, just as they had compromised Manafort and Flynn.

I just read a whole breakdown of exactly that, I'll try and back track through my history to see if I can find the link.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject:

IS DONALD TRUMP JR. A COLLUDER, OR JUST AN IDIOT?

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
IS DONALD TRUMP JR. A COLLUDER, OR JUST AN IDIOT?

LINK

Both
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject:

NYT: Trump Jr. Was Told in Email of Russian Government Effort to Aid Campaign

Quote:
Before arranging a meeting with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer he believed would offer him compromising information about Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump Jr. was informed in an email that the material was part of a Russian government effort to aid his father’s candidacy, according to three people with knowledge of the email.

Ruh roh.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Damn.

This is why Fox and others began to argue about a couple weeks ago that collusion isn't really a crime. They know more stories are coming.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Barring some health issue I think Trump finishes his term and possibly gets re-elected to another. I have very little faith in the citizens of this country.

I don't know if Trump will get re-elected or not, but I most certainly agree with you on the bolded. Unfortunately.

The continued dumbing down of public education in the form of Betsy DeVos is certainly contributing to that.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB

Last edited by rwongega on Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Damn.

This is why Fox and others began to argue about a couple weeks ago that collusion isn't really a crime. They know more stories are coming.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Damn.

We're going to need stories that actually turn into evidence.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Damn.

You already know.

you dont have to commit a crime of collusion. the problem is while you were colluding where you committing other crimes?

and the answer is most likely yes.

If all else fails. if the FBI really wants to get trump, family, and team up outta here. at worse they can just get these people for lying. we have you on record saying A, then B, then admitting to C after you knew we already knew the truth.

Quote:
MSNBC justice and security analyst Matthew Miller said the most damaging thing is what Trump Jr. has already admitted to.

“It’s a crime to solicit or accept anything from a foreign national in a campaign,” Miller said. “It doesn’t have to be money… it can be, potentially, accepting information. So he’s potentially confessing in his statement to committing a crime.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
“It’s disgusting, it’s so phony. I can’t think of bigger lies,” Trump Jr. said when he was asked about the allegation Russia hacked the Democratic National Committee in July 2016.

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Damien strikes me as the most malevolent of the Trump "kids"

Quote:
Not long before a major crisis ripped through the Middle East, pitting the United States and a bloc of Gulf countries against Qatar, Jared Kushner’s real estate company had unsuccessfully sought a critical half-billion-dollar investment from one of the richest and most influential men in the tiny nation, according to three well-placed sources with knowledge of the near transaction.

Quote:
Qatar is facing an ongoing blockade led by Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates and joined by Egypt and Bahrain, which President Trump has taken credit for sparking. Kushner, meanwhile, has reportedly played a key behind-the-scenes role in hardening the U.S. posture toward the embattled nation.

Quote:
The revelation of the half-billion-dollar deal raises thorny and unprecedented ethical questions. If the deal is not entirely dead, that means Jared Kushner is on the one hand pushing to use the power of American diplomacy to pummel a small nation, while on the other his firm is hoping to extract an extraordinary amount of capital from there for a failing investment. If, however, the deal is entirely dead, the pummeling may be seen as intimidating to other investors on the end of a Kushner Companies pitch.

Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
nickuku wrote:

The continued dumbing down of public education in the form of Betsy DeVos is certainly contributing to that.

In the most unlikely event of Trump being convicted, I can see hundreds of thousands of right-wing nuts and evangelicals marching on the streets to declare his innocence. A Trump voter won't suddenly become smart. or reasonable.
And a new generation is growing up knowing it's OK to be a douche and a liar.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Damn.

We're going to need stories that actually turn into evidence.

Quote:
“The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with [Agalarov’s] father Aras this morning and their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia would be very useful to your father,” reads one of the emails from Rob Goldstone to Trump Jr.

“This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump."

In one of the emails, referring to the information on Clinton, Trump Jr. told Goldstone: "If it's what you say I love it."

Despite Trump Jr.'s earlier claim that he did not know about the Russian lawyer's ties to Moscow, Goldstone explicitly stated in one of the emails that she was a "Russian government attorney."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/341443-trump-jr-releases-email-chain-on-conversations-with-russian-sources
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject:

Donald Jr posted the Russia email chain on his Twitter account. Not too smart.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

NYT: Russian Dirt on Clinton? ‘I Love It,’ Donald Trump Jr. Said

Quote:
The June 3, 2016, email sent to Donald Trump Jr. could hardly have been more explicit: One of his father’s former Russian business partners had been contacted by a senior Russian government official and was offering to provide the Trump campaign with dirt on Hillary Clinton.

The documents “would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father,” read the email, written by a trusted intermediary, who added, “This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

If the future president’s elder son was surprised or disturbed by the provenance of the promised material — or the notion that it was part of an ongoing effort by the Russian government to aid his father’s campaign — he gave no indication.

He replied within minutes: “If it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer.”

Four days later, after a flurry of emails, the intermediary wrote back, proposing a meeting in New York on Thursday with a “Russian government attorney.”

Donald Trump Jr. agreed, adding that he would likely bring along “Paul Manafort (campaign boss)” and “my brother-in-law,” Jared Kushner, now one of the president’s closest White House advisers.

On June 9, the Russian lawyer was sitting in the younger Mr. Trump’s office on the 25th floor of Trump Tower, just one level below the office of the future president.
Hoop_Knowledge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject:

I've been holding this statement back but I believe this is a true turning point in the investigation and the coverage of what will be the biggest scandal in American political history. The (bleep) is in the beginning stages of hitting the fan, legitimately.

The signs were always there; people have been overlooking them expecting the colluders to be savvy or digitally sophisticated in the concealment of their contacts and illegal actions but the evidence has been, for the most part, there in plain sight...
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject:

FYI: When known Russian officials (as this attorney apparently was) have meetings in the U.S., our intelligence community routinely monitors/tapes their conversations. So there's that.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
Donald Jr posted the Russia email chain on his Twitter account. Not too smart.

His hand was forced; he was tipped off that the New York Times was set to publish them within moments of his tweet.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject:

I guess he thinks his defense is, "But they didn't actually give us dirt on Clinton, so we didn't actually collude!"

Except there's this thing called "criminal conspiracy" among other crimes.

And within a half hour of this meeting being over, Trump starts tweeting about Hillary Clinton's missing emails for the first time. Then a few days later the Access Hollywood video comes out and WikiLeaks starts leaking hacked emails.

I'm picturing one of those giant "Who Done It?" crime boards in Mueller's office with Trump on top, then the Trump siblings, then all the campaign staff, then all the Russian contacts and lines and arrows connecting everything.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 449, 450, 451 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 450 of 3671
Jump to: