THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 470, 471, 472 ... 3670, 3671, 3672  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:
@ CL & DMR I understand his vote to repeal and replace.

If I have it right that means they must have something to replace it with. As I understand it the bill as is will have to be tweaked. This bill is far from becoming law.

What would a McCain no vote have accomplished?

DMR You're in full DMR mode, implying if people think a certain way they're fools. That's not civil.

That was a real vote. If 60 senators had voted Yes, Obamacare would have been repealed right then and there to be replaced with whatever crap bill McConnell could stick in there.

All that stuff McCain said was (bleep). He's a hypocrite. When push came to shove, he voted with McConnell to repeal without giving a (bleep) what the replacement would be.

It's going to be a long night. Rachael is intimating they don't have the necessary votes to pass the bill.

Call me what you will, I believe McCain when he says he won't vote for the bill as is.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:

If I have it right that means they must have something to replace it with. As I understand it the bill as is will have to be tweaked. This bill is far from becoming law.

DMR You're in full DMR mode, implying if people think a certain way they're fools. That's not civil. LINK

That was a real vote. If 60 senators had voted Yes, Obamacare would have been repealed right then and there to be replaced with whatever crap bill McConnell could stick in there.

All that stuff McCain said was (bleep). He's a hypocrite. When push came to shove, he voted with McConnell to repeal without giving a (bleep) what the replacement would be.

FIFY

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject:

Sen. Collins heard on live mic saying ‘I’m worried’ about Trump, Farenthold is ‘so unattractive’

LINK

Farenthold pajamas playboy bunny

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:20 am    Post subject:

At least one organization is going to protect themselves from Trump
Quote:
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In an extraordinary rebuke of the President of the United States, the Girl Scouts of the U.S.A. have obtained a restraining order against Donald J. Trump.

The order, which the Girls Scouts were granted on Monday night, prevents Trump from coming within three hundred feet of any gathering of the Scouts’ organization.

Carol Foyler, a Girl Scouts spokesperson, said that while the G.S.U.S.A. sought the restraining order “out of an abundance of caution,” the girls themselves were “in no way, shape or form” afraid of President Trump.

“They’re prepared to deal with bobcats and bears,” she said. “They can handle a malignant narcissist.”

Trump wasted little time responding to the Girl Scouts’ action, lashing out at the organization in a blistering early-morning tweet storm.

“Failing Girl Scouts bad (or sick) guys,” Trump wrote. “Mints, cookies terrible. Sad!”
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject:

Last night at Trump's Nuremberg style pep rally, he said this:

Quote:
"With the exception of the late, great Abraham Lincoln I can be more presidential than any president that's ever held this office"

#Delusional #Unhinged #Unfit
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject:

Also, he just decided to ban transgender people from the military.

#Bigot
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Quote:
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In an extraordinary rebuke of the President of the United States, the Girl Scouts of the U.S.A. have obtained a restraining order against Donald J. Trump.

The order, which the Girls Scouts were granted on Monday night, prevents Trump from coming within three hundred feet of any gathering of the Scouts’ organization.

Carol Foyler, a Girl Scouts spokesperson, said that while the G.S.U.S.A. sought the restraining order “out of an abundance of caution,” the girls themselves were “in no way, shape or form” afraid of President Trump.

“They’re prepared to deal with bobcats and bears,” she said. “They can handle a malignant narcissist.”

Trump wasted little time responding to the Girl Scouts’ action, lashing out at the organization in a blistering early-morning tweet storm.

“Failing Girl Scouts bad (or sick) guys,” Trump wrote. “Mints, cookies terrible. Sad!”

Eh. Andy's done better satire than that.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

#Bigot

He knows how to keep the base happy.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject:

Quote:

wow
I mean WOW
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

#Bigot

what
more WOW
isn't this against discrimination law? you may not discriminate on the base of...

or military follows different law (military law)?
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject:

ONE YEAR AGO:

Quote:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

Thank you to the LGBT community! I will fight for you while Hillary brings in more people that will threaten your freedoms and beliefs

And had the gall to put todays announcement out on twitter, get the (bleep) out please.

!...
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject:

The Bro Code hand signals to Putin from Trump before their little rendezvous

http://ir.net/news/politics/126193/watch-president-trump-wildly-gesture-towards-putin-g20-dinner/

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DFIRTtUUMAE6loz.mp4
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject:

Donald does things so far off the charts it cause me to believe he really doesn't care about the presidency. He'll do and say anything. Is he trying to lose a job he can't handle or does he really think he's doing a good job?

Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

#Bigot

If past is prologue, this means something they dont want us talking about is coming today. "Hey! Look over here!"
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ocho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

#Bigot

what
more WOW
isn't this against discrimination law? you may not discriminate on the base of...

or military follows different law (military law)?

UCMJ. Military law is different from civilian law.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Quote:

wow
I mean WOW

Borowitz is satire.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:

DMR You're in full DMR mode, implying if people think a certain way they're fools. That's not civil.

It's going to be a long night. Rachael is intimating they don't have the necessary votes to pass the bill.

Call me what you will, I believe McCain when he says he won't vote for the bill as is.

Except that's exactly what he did no more than two hours after that triumphant shoveling of complete BS. They put the repeal and replace with all of the little additions to a vote. The same bill that has a 12% approval. They got 41 yes votes and one of those votes was from McCain.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Except that's exactly what he did no more than two hours after that triumphant shoveling of complete BS. They put the repeal and replace with all of the little additions to a vote. The same bill that has a 12% approval. They got 41 yes votes and one of those votes was from McCain.

Hence my comment that anyone who buys McCain's hypocritical BS is foolish. He's a fraud.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
Quote:

wow
I mean WOW

Borowitz is satire.

oh, so this is like the onions then
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject:

I don't know how much more I can take of this guy. This cowardly draft dodger wants to ban trans people that want to serve our country. People willing to fight for our country.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject:

One of my friends (who's trans) is an ex-army medic, still suffers from PTSD from dragging wounded soldiers out of war zones, and now works with veterans. So this stings particularly hard for me, since I hate having to see her still get triggered and suffer, and now the people who she suffers for, just spit in her face, and all of the other trans veterans (of which, there are plenty.) Like, I'm not a fan of the military, I would never join the military no matter what the circumstances are. However, I know other people don't feel that way, and my heart breaks for all of them who are either now in this culture, or will be in this culture, that has sanctions again to treat them like monsters.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Hence my comment that anyone who buys McCain's hypocritical BS is foolish. He's a fraud.

DMR you know we have a good relationship, adversarial but tenable. It's not difficult to be a friend, very difficult to debate you. Calling people foolish because of how they think or believe IMO is out of bounds. LINK

The bill is still up in the air. McCain said he would not vote for the bill as is. When it hits the floor with changes if he votes for a lousy plan I'll redirect.

Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

The bill is still up in the air. McCain said he would not vote for the bill as is. When it hits the floor with changes if he votes for a lousy plan I'll redirect.

You either haven't been watching the news or you simply do not understand what is happening.
Quote:

McCain dramatically returned to the Capitol on Tuesday, just days after announcing he has brain cancer, to vote in favor of advancing the GOP's ObamaCare repeal bill. Hours later, he voted yes on a final vote for the bill, which failed 43-57 despite his support.

link

THEY HAD A VOTE ON THE SAME BILL THAT FAILED BEFORE. THE EXACT SAME BILL. HE VOTED YES. THAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT.

HE VOTED TO ADVANCE THE BILL FIRST. THEN HE VOTED FOR THE BILL.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
tlim wrote:
I don't care if it polls well. Just get to the truth. End of story. This way, we won't have 9 commissions on a witch hunt and wasting valuable time and money for political gain.

If something happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Just let the process move forward.

Nobody is saying don't investigate. They're saying don't make it the centerpiece of future election strategy.

Who here or anywhere said the Democrats should make it the centerpiece of the 2018 elections? In this thread we've talked about economic arguments and healthcare if it gets taken away.

See the WaPo article I just posted. Schumer, Pelosi and other party leaders are presenting a new message that is more than "we're not Donald Trump." That message is less popular than Trump himself.

They're trying to make that message stronger than "Russia Russia Russia" because that's currently all that's dominating the news media.

Even though Trump thinks the media is "liberal" doesn't mean they help democrats get their message out. One candidate this past election had tons of detailed policy positions, jobs plans and ideas to help the average working person. But the networks and newspapers didn't cover those speeches, they covered Trump being Trump. I hope the Democrats do massive voter registration drives and coordinate getting their people on the Sunday shows and the news every night, or Trump will continue to dominate the news be it positive or negative. This is as much a media problem as it is a political problem.

since people seem to can't think for themselves and they take the lazy route which is to watch the TV and read the headlines and call it a day. the media for all intents and purposes control the political views of millions of people.
and thats on both sides of the aisle.

and here's why THEY (the media) wanted trump as a candidate and a president no matter what The heads of these companies tell you. they are lying. its about the money. which starts with ratings, then turns into ad space.

http://www.thewrap.com/why-msnbc-beats-cnn-primetime-ratings-in-trump-era/

or a more favorable article.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maddieberg/2017/07/25/msnbc-beat-fox-because-it-covered-the-news/#6f2f2eff7e5d

and the above isnt true. it didnt beat fox because it showed the NEWS. it beat fox because people that dont like fox news or the republican way will roll over to MSNBC to hear what they are already thinking about this current administration. Its a group /mob situation. only a select few mentally ill people or people who stand become very rich still think trump is doing a superb job.

that means everyone else will run to the "i hate trump" channel. the same way the reverse happened during 8years of that brown looking guy in the white house. where did the republicans run to? Fox news and those news outlet similar to it and a few more extreme spots as well.

If trump is gone and a dem is in the white house and dems take these seats back in congress. I bet my last check MSNBC will fall back out of the lead.

All 3 majors FOX, MSNBC, and CNN has had a major bump all thanks to crazy trump as a candidate and now as the president.

Lets be honest. as much as most of us dislike trump and what it seems he is doing with the russia situation. It is some serious movie level, day time drama, night time drama, Cable TV, Netflix series type of stuff going on. You could easily write books and shows and movies for days on these past few MONTHS. not years.. .Months. and we would all watch the show. So that means sorry to say... as sad as it sounds. This nut job of a president is entertaining. and you know what we americans love more than anything else. To be entertained.

Thats why we have to admit this guy is our fault too. Ours being those that didnt vote for him. Its still partially our fault for allowing the entertainment value of something to seep into the political realm thru the political news shows and websites. If we turned that stuff off the moment it turns from actual political news into entertainment news. They would lose ratings and realize the people watching our shows dont want the nonsense just to entertain them. They want actual news with no entertainment vale attached to it.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Donald does things so far off the charts it cause me to believe he really doesn't care about the presidency. He'll do and say anything. Is he trying to lose a job he can't handle or does he really think he's doing a good job?
i dont know why some of you guys can't figure this out. its not that hard Jo.
He's not that smart. lets get that out there now. If we took away all of his money and his trump properties and his suits. if you saw him walking out of a trailer in a trailer park in some bad area. would you even try to understand why he acts the way he acts? NOPE. you would already know why based on perception even before you ever spoke to him. You would make a lot of assumptions. well now you have listened to our idiot president for awhile now. you should now know he isnt that smart. And he makes a lot of mistakes and tries to cover them up with his mouth or his tweets. He doesnt own up to any mistakes. which is why he keeps making them. The guy was never fit to be the president. some of our citizens made the mistake of voting for a guy that was unfit from day one. thats why we have him now. that does not mean we should act like he's smarter than he really is due to the fact he's in the position now. as if the position itself makes you smart. it doesnt.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 470, 471, 472 ... 3670, 3671, 3672  Next
Page 471 of 3672
Jump to: