THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 507, 508, 509 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EldenCampbell
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Virginia allows for the death penalty for terrorism. The DC sniper was executed because of it. We'll see how this plays out. The FBI is investigating as well.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Trump couldn't be bothered but his wife spoke first a few hours later.. come on..

http://time.com/4898272/donald-trump-charlottesville-violence-rally/
Quote:
Trump's speech also drew praise from the neo-Nazi website Daily Stormer, which wrote: "Trump comments were good. He didn't attack us. He just said the nation should come together. Nothing specific against us. ... No condemnation at all."

The website had been promoting the Charlottesville demonstration as part of its "Summer of Hate" edition.

Mayor Michael Signer said he was disgusted that the white nationalists had come to his town and blamed Trump for inflaming racial prejudices with his campaign last year.

"I'm not going to make any bones about it. I place the blame for a lot of what you're seeing in American today right at the doorstep of the White House and the people around the president," he said.

Disturbances began Friday night during a torch-lit march through the University of Virginia before escalating Saturday.

The White House was silent for hours except for a tweet from first lady Melania Trump: "Our country encourages freedom of speech, but let's communicate w/o hate in our hearts."
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Raijin wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
The federal government (maybe in the DOJ) had a group that kept tabs on White Supremacist groups, right-wing militias, etc. One of the first things Trump administration did was defund it.

is there some elevated crime spree or national security issues I am unaware of related to white supremacists or "right wing" militias? Are these groups even growing at a rate worth recognition?

Have you even read the news?

Quote:
This is "boogey man" stuff...these groups have been irrelevant for decades and remain irrelevant.

No . . . it's not. The KKK/Neo-Nazi movement may have been relatively quiet in recent years, but it has never been irrelevant and it clearly is highly relevant now.

there is no movement...these are mostly a few uneducated d bags getting attention. There is real problematic growth taking place with groups such as MS-13, Latin Kings, Mexican Mafia, Somali and Hatian gangs among others that are leaving trails of violence and blood from coast to coast.....those guys in Virginia are idiots that live above their parents garage.

Now we see why you're downplaying it...

As if there was any question as to why

I still do not know what either of you are implying....and your weak passive aggressive comment made it no more clear.

The brown groups should get taken down but not whitey #MAGA

that is beyond ignorant on your part to make such an accusation, and do not do it again.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
He was the primary Birther and has done everything possible to erase Obama from the history books. BUT IT'S ALL A BIG COINCIDENCE THAT OBAMA IS BLACK?

No.

I agree being an opportunist and being a racist are not mutually exclusive. I also agree he could very well hold racist beliefs. Still, this last point of yours fits within the narrative I'm describing as much as it does your argument he is a racist.

Honestly, if he's not a racist, I actually think the fact he takes advantage of racism to gain an advantage is even worse. In some ways, at least a racist lives by principles. I'm saying Trump has none at all, except self-promotion. If he could get away with it, I'd guess Trump would commit murder if it helped him. He's a dumber and more fragile version of Frank Underwood.

i see where you're going there. and i would like to follow you. Buuuuut. you do realize for the most part White racism was derived out of white supremacy, which is more or less a white man saying "let me make darn sure I'm always on top, always in front of the line, and make sure I can position my family members to be in that very same first position in life just like i am.

^^thats what racism was created to do.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Trump's father was arrested at a KKK riot in 1927

Quote:
The news article simply notes that seven men were arrested in the "near-riot of the parade," all of whom were represented by the same lawyers. Update: A contemporaneous article from the Daily Star notes that Trump was detained "on a charge of refusing to disperse from a parade when ordered to do so."

Quote:
When news of the old report surfaced last year, Donald Trump vehemently denied his father's arrest. "He was never arrested. He has nothing to do with this. This never happened. This is nonsense and it never happened," he said to the Daily Mail. "This never happened. Never took place. He was never arrested, never convicted, never even charged. It's a completely false, ridiculous story. He was never there! It never happened. Never took place."

Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
He was the primary Birther and has done everything possible to erase Obama from the history books. BUT IT'S ALL A BIG COINCIDENCE THAT OBAMA IS BLACK?

No.

I agree being an opportunist and being a racist are not mutually exclusive. I also agree he could very well hold racist beliefs. Still, this last point of yours fits within the narrative I'm describing as much as it does your argument he is a racist.

Honestly, if he's not a racist, I actually think the fact he takes advantage of racism to gain an advantage is even worse. In some ways, at least a racist lives by principles. I'm saying Trump has none at all, except self-promotion. If he could get away with it, I'd guess Trump would commit murder if it helped him. He's a dumber and more fragile version of Frank Underwood.

i see where you're going there. and i would like to follow you. Buuuuut. you do realize for the most part White racism was derived out of white supremacy, which is more or less a white man saying "let me make darn sure I'm always on top, always in front of the line, and make sure I can position my family members to be in that very same first position in life just like i am.

^^thats what racism was created to do.

that's what capitalism (specially unregulated capitalism) breeds; racism.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject:

David Duke endorsed Trump for president. Trump refused to disavow the endorsement and claimed to know nothing of White supremacists.

This was Duke's tweet to Trump today: "I would recommend you take a good look in the mirror & remember it was White Americans who put you in the presidency, not radical leftists."
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Raijin wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
The federal government (maybe in the DOJ) had a group that kept tabs on White Supremacist groups, right-wing militias, etc. One of the first things Trump administration did was defund it.

is there some elevated crime spree or national security issues I am unaware of related to white supremacists or "right wing" militias? Are these groups even growing at a rate worth recognition?

Quote:
This is "boogey man" stuff...these groups have been irrelevant for decades and remain irrelevant.

No . . . it's not. The KKK/Neo-Nazi movement may have been relatively quiet in recent years, but it has never been irrelevant and it clearly is highly relevant now.

there is no movement...these are mostly a few uneducated d bags getting attention. There is real problematic growth taking place with groups such as MS-13, Latin Kings, Mexican Mafia, Somali and Hatian gangs among others that are leaving trails of violence and blood from coast to coast.....those guys in Virginia are idiots that live above their parents garage.

I still do not know what either of you are implying....and your weak passive aggressive comment made it no more clear.

that is beyond ignorant on your part to make such an accusation, and do not do it again.

He's speaking the truth. Don't be a snowflake.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Raijin wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

He's speaking the truth. Don't be a snowflake.

him speaking the truth is claiming that I am a racist. Moderators how about some moderation here......can deal with a lot of back and forth, but labeling me a racist with no evidence is beyond my tolerance.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
From Jim Wright, a blogger and an admired veteran of the US Navy:

I keep trying to get to a point in this insanity where I can write a piece, but it's all going sideways

So, instead, some observations:

- (bleep) racist terrorists. This isn't free speech. You don't bring guns, clubs, torches, and shields to peaceful demonstration. This is terrorism. These people are terrorists. A car just plowed into a crowd of anti-racist protesters. I've watched the video. It was deliberate. It was attempted murder. This is terrorism and should be called such. So far as a I know, the terrorists have not been caught yet. (bleep) those cowards.

- (bleep) the Confederacy. Every symbol of the Confederacy, every monument, every flag, every statue, should be pulled down, uprooted, smashed into rubble, and burned. (bleep) Robert E. Lee, he was a traitor, pull down his statue, melt it down, recast it into urinals. Piss on the Confederacy.

- (bleep) Nazis. I don't want to hear any social justice warrior (bleep) about not confronting these racist (bleep) with violence if necessary. They get punched in the head, they take a lead pipe over the skull, well it just plain sucks to be a Nazi. I'm not going to sugar coat that for you. Nazis are Nazis, they deserve nothing but a boot in their yellow teeth and punch in the throat. They're getting off easy. Our grandfathers hunted Nazis down and EXTERMINATED them and it's to our everlasting shame that we let this cancer regrow in our midst. (bleep) Nazis.

- (bleep) Trump. Trump owns this. Republicans own this. This isn't the Alt-Right, this IS the right. These sons of (bleep) are literally shouting "Sieg Trump" in the streets of Charlottesville right now. (bleep) Trump.

These people are the vile residue, the foul distillation, of every failed hateful rotten-tooth inbred ideology in history. Don't let them hide. Don't make excuses for them. Get them out in the open. Make them own it. They have jobs -- some of them. They have parents and kids and neighbors. They have churches. The Constitution gives them a right to their hate, but not a right to be free of the consequences. Publish their pictures. Publish their license plates. Get them out in the open. Pull their hoods off. They're standing out there shouting hate, flying the flag of treason, their arms upraised in the Hitler salute. Make them own it. Make them infamous. Don't let them hide.

I generally agree with everything he said except the last point. Internet mob justice is pretty dangerous. Remember when the internet published the picture of an innocent kid and said he was the Boston Bomber?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I keep trying to get to a point in this insanity where I can write a piece, but it's all going sideways

- (bleep) racist terrorists. This isn't free speech. You don't bring guns, clubs, torches, and shields to peaceful demonstration. This is terrorism. These people are terrorists. A car just plowed into a crowd of anti-racist protesters. I've watched the video. It was deliberate. It was attempted murder. This is terrorism and should be called such. So far as a I know, the terrorists have not been caught yet. (bleep) those cowards.

- (bleep) the Confederacy. Every symbol of the Confederacy, every monument, every flag, every statue, should be pulled down, uprooted, smashed into rubble, and burned. (bleep) Robert E. Lee, he was a traitor, pull down his statue, melt it down, recast it into urinals. Piss on the Confederacy.

- (bleep) Nazis. I don't want to hear any social justice warrior (bleep) about not confronting these racist (bleep) with violence if necessary. They get punched in the head, they take a lead pipe over the skull, well it just plain sucks to be a Nazi. I'm not going to sugar coat that for you. Nazis are Nazis, they deserve nothing but a boot in their yellow teeth and punch in the throat. They're getting off easy. Our grandfathers hunted Nazis down and EXTERMINATED them and it's to our everlasting shame that we let this cancer regrow in our midst. (bleep) Nazis.

- (bleep) Trump. Trump owns this. Republicans own this. This isn't the Alt-Right, this IS the right. These sons of (bleep) are literally shouting "Sieg Trump" in the streets of Charlottesville right now. (bleep) Trump.

These people are the vile residue, the foul distillation, of every failed hateful rotten-tooth inbred ideology in history. Don't let them hide. Don't make excuses for them. Get them out in the open. Make them own it. They have jobs -- some of them. They have parents and kids and neighbors. They have churches. The Constitution gives them a right to their hate, but not a right to be free of the consequences. Publish their pictures. Publish their license plates. Get them out in the open. Pull their hoods off. They're standing out there shouting hate, flying the flag of treason, their arms upraised in the Hitler salute. Make them own it. Make them infamous. Don't let them hide.

I generally agree with everything he said except the last point. Internet mob justice is pretty dangerous. Remember when the internet published the picture of an innocent kid and said he was the Boston Bomber?

Quote:

this is just false....I have been a Conservative Republican my entire life, and I envision I will die a Conservative Republican.....and in all that time, I have never came across an actual Conservative Republican that would support anything related to white supremacy or shout "Sieg Trump".
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:

this is just false....I have been a Conservative Republican my entire life, and I envision I will die a Conservative Republican.....and in all that time, I have never came across an actual Conservative Republican that would support anything related to white supremacy or shout "Sieg Trump".

Lol. Get out more. Not all conservative republicans are white supremacists, but the white supremacists are in your tent, and your party has been cultivating them for decades.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Quote:

Nobody is saying every Republican is an alt-right neo-Nazi, just like nobody says every Democrat is an anarchist eco-terrorist. However, the alt-right, neo-Nazi demographic has been emboldened by the election, and associates itself with the Republican party. It would behoove the party to forcefully disavow these people in the strongest possible words, but all we saw from our president today was a mild rebuke that didn't even call them out by name.

Basically, to use a comparison, Trump and his folks are always saying that the peaceful Muslims of the world need to reign in and take care of the radicals in their religion. Well, I'd say the same goes for the political right in this country.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:

Oh please, give me a break. The modern day GOP is built on a foundation of dog whistle racism and white supremacy that was blasted across television for the past 16 + years on FOX news and conservative radio. The current white house has actual Nazi sympathizers and white supremacists who are in charge of making policy. You might be a conservative republican who is not racist, but don't act like the Republican party is not filled with these scumbags.

And for you to say that you've never come across a conservative republican who would not support white supremacy, well you're just not looking hard enough. They are everywhere.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:

Lol. Get out more. Not all conservative republicans are white supremacists, but the white supremacists are in your tent, and your party has been cultivating them for decades.

its just not true Omar....those groups were founded under the Democratic Party, and once the Democratic party cleansed themselves of them, some have tried to find a home in the fringes of the GOP, but have never been welcome by conservatives.....there is nothing within the conservative platform that promotes white supremacy. If I thought it did, I would not support it.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:

Oh please, give me a break. The modern day GOP is built on a foundation of dog whistle racism and white supremacy that was blasted across television for the past 16 + years on FOX news and conservative radio. The current white house has actual Nazi sympathizers and white supremacists who are in charge of making policy. You might be a conservative republican who is not racist, but don't act like the Republican party is not filled with these scumbags.

And for you to say that you've never come across a conservative republican who would not support white supremacy, well you're just not looking hard enough. They are everywhere.

beyond hyperbole....not wasting time with it
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Ted wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:

beyond hyperbole....not wasting time with it

The truth hurts.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:

The truth hurts.

you list exaggerated talking points mostly pontificated by uninformed liberals wrapped in a thick layer of race baiting.....it is anything but the truth.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject:

Trump's omission of any reference to "white nationalists" in his statement was absolutely intentional, as was his emphasis of "many sides" being at fault. Given his obsession with Obama not saying "radical Islamic terrorism", he clearly believes that calling things out by name is important, making his refusal to do so today even more telling. Not to mention the fact that he had all damn day to send out a tweet and do it -- no doubt that he heard the criticisms of his statement from congress people from both sides of the aisle.

The guy is terrified of alienating his base, and he knows condemning white nationalist sentiment would do just that.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Ted wrote:

The truth hurts.

you list exaggerated talking points mostly pontificated by uninformed liberals wrapped in a thick layer of race baiting.....it is anything but the truth.

It is the truth, you just don't want to face it. The GOP is not a monolithic organization that believes one thing and just a few wackos on the fringes. Those wackos have settled into the GOP because the Republicans have actively welcomed them. This is not your grandfather's GOP and conservatives have found it useful to wrap themselves in the mantle of a lot of warped ideas. "If you are not a conservative you are not a patriotic American", "We are the party of family values", "Christian values are under siege", "Immigrants are taking American jobs"...all that crap has been spewed by Fox "News" and conservative talk radio for years now.

Not every Republican is a White supremacist but I've never met a Democratic or Liberal White supremacist. Several decades ago there were a lot of Democratic segregationist racists in the South, "Dixicrats", but those good ole boy racists are Republicans now.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:

its just not true Omar....those groups were founded under the Democratic Party, and once the Democratic party cleansed themselves of them, some have tried to find a home in the fringes of the GOP, but have never been welcome by conservatives.....there is nothing within the conservative platform that promotes white supremacy. If I thought it did, I would not support it.

This response practically ignores the shift in party demographics (Yesterday's Democrats are today's Republicans) in the last 50+ years....

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:

This is one of the most out of touch, naive things I've ever seen written in this thread.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Your perspective reminds me of peace-loving Muslims. Who read the Quran and don't understand how Islamic extremists are reading the same text and getting a completely different message.
Trumps slogan was Make America Great Again.
Most of the GOP base is nostalgic for a time when America sucked for non-whites, gays, and women. Not all of the GOP base misses that time because they hate those groups of people. But some of the base does. And we saw some of those people in VA this weekend.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject:

Whenever a Trump supporter commits a violent act like they did yesterday. 1 Trump quote always comes to mind.

Quote:
"By the way, and if she gets to pick --if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know."

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:08 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

just to clarify. Those white alt-right or southern white or segregationist white, whatever label they had, were democrats in the past but had since switched party to republicans. Pretty common knowledge and I'm sure you know this too.
We just have to disagree with the bolded, there's been hundreds of pages in this thread and the previous locked thread that shows the exact opposite of what you claim
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 507, 508, 509 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next
Page 508 of 3670
Jump to: