THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 509, 510, 511 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject:

sadly LakesGnrLake sentiment is not that unusual for the right. There's actually quite a bit of 'justification' for either Trump or the KKK (in the form of their free speech) and of course, the comparison to BLM... without a single condemnation to the KKK/Nazi-ism itself. Now I do think this is not the majority believe of the right but a minority section but they are the vocal ones
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
this thread always gives me a good laugh. seriously these identity politics are off the hook. Ive seen far more left leaning mexican and black people yelling racial slurs at each other in public places than I've ever seen white people act like nazis or yell the n word. Is this thread about policies or just demonizing the right? Like , if there were no such thing as race would the left have any ideas that go past "have the government do everything for me"?

Try harder next time comrade
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
this thread always gives me a good laugh. seriously these identity politics are off the hook. Ive seen far more left leaning mexican and black people yelling racial slurs at each other in public places than I've ever seen white people act like nazis or yell the n word. Is this thread about policies or just demonizing the right? Like , if there were no such thing as race would the left have any ideas that go past "have the government do everything for me"?

Without delving into your position, if you want to participate in this thread, which you have the right to do, I would suggest doing so without the condescension. See the bolded. If all you want to do is come in here and antagonize posters as opposed to having a good faith discussion, please stay away. To be clear, this isn't about you being conservative or holding conservative views, but about how you choose to post and communicate.

If you continue to come here with such "troll bombs" (i.e. a post meant to incite rather than facilitate discussion) you'll be suspended and maybe banned from this site altogether. This will be the last time I or any other mod give you that warning without taking further action

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Racism in America wasn't dead, it was in the closet. Trump has opened the door. IMO anyone not seeing what's happening now as the rise of racism has what I call a ostrich mentality.
racism has never been in the closet either. It's always been there. Hasnt died down or anything of the sort. Anyone saying that it has died down or has been in the closet or doesnt exist( i know you were not saying this jo) is being naive or disingenuous.

OVERT-racism is what has been in the closet.

put it this way. I bet you every black person if they had to choose...would rather listen to a white nationalist rant and rave their racist sentiments and call the black person names if said black person was not being systematically treated unfairly at the same time.

You can call me all sorts of names. sure thats not nice, its not right, its not moral, its not ethical. But I can live with that. When it gets to be a serious issue is when you start messing with my money, my housing, my healthcare, my education, my advancement potential, my ability to be successful in society, when you start throwing me in jail just cause...etc. That's a much bigger problem then some overt loud mouth racist yelling something crazy.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Quote:

https://archive.org/details/DontBeaS1947

Don't Be a Sucker
by U.S. War Department

Publication date 1947
Usage Public Domain
Topics Prejudice, Cold War, Racism
Digitizing sponsor U.S. War Department
Admonishes Americans that they will lose their country if they let fanaticism and hatred turn them into "suckers." "Let's forget about 'we' and 'they' -- let's think about us!" In the context of the emerging Cold War, this film appears paradoxical.

time to pass it on?

Found from here https://twitter.com/OmanReagan/status/896563796071731201

Sorry.. link to vid was not working.. works now
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
at if there was no such thing as race.

if there was no such thing as race-ism would the right have anything to run their platform off of?

if you dont have that "welfare queen" boogie man to scare your followers. why would they follow you? the right sure isnt doing them any favors.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
ocho wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Are people really trying to deny that this administration and factions of the republican party aren't flat out racists? If they are then they just haven't been paying attention. Color it however you want but alt right, nationalists , neoconservative whatever. They're white supremacists. Amongst that group are two key advisors to trump his pending press secretary and the freaking head of the doj. The president is either one of them or just too stupid to know he's being controlled by them.

If someone isnt willing to recognize the way their party has courted racist elements of the electorate and fanned racial tensions for their advantage then any benefit of the doubt that they request about their own racial attitudes goes right out the window. I'm far more willing to accept "Yeah it's wrong what they've done but I really want lower taxes" than "what's happening isn't happening."

Being silent in the face of what's happening is no different than supporting it. This isn't the stone age. It wasn't the stone age the last time it happened either.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Racism in America wasn't dead, it was in the closet. Trump has opened the door. IMO anyone not seeing what's happening now as the rise of racism has what I call a ostrich mentality.
racism has never been in the closet either. It's always been there. Hasnt died down or anything of the sort. Anyone saying that it has died down or has been in the closet or doesnt exist( i know you were not saying this jo) is being naive or disingenuous.

OVERT-racism is what has been in the closet.

put it this way. I bet you every black person if they had to choose...would rather listen to a white nationalist rant and rave their racist sentiments and call the black person names if said black person was not being systematically treated unfairly at the same time.

You can call me all sorts of names. sure thats not nice, its not right, its not moral, its not ethical. But I can live with that. When it gets to be a serious issue is when you start messing with my money, my housing, my healthcare, my education, my advancement potential, my ability to be successful in society, when you start throwing me in jail just cause...etc. That's a much bigger problem then some overt loud mouth racist yelling something crazy.

The embolden is my point.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
sadly LakesGnrLake sentiment is not that unusual for the right. There's actually quite a bit of 'justification' for either Trump or the KKK (in the form of their free speech) and of course, the comparison to BLM... without a single condemnation to the KKK/Nazi-ism itself. Now I do think this is not the majority believe of the right but a minority section but they are the vocal ones

It's a pretty common deflection strategy:

Accusation- the police are killing unarmed black people at an alarming rate.

Deflection- what about the gang murders in Chicago?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
From Jim Wright, a blogger and an admired veteran of the US Navy:

I keep trying to get to a point in this insanity where I can write a piece, but it's all going sideways

So, instead, some observations:

- (bleep) racist terrorists. This isn't free speech. You don't bring guns, clubs, torches, and shields to peaceful demonstration. This is terrorism. These people are terrorists. A car just plowed into a crowd of anti-racist protesters. I've watched the video. It was deliberate. It was attempted murder. This is terrorism and should be called such. So far as a I know, the terrorists have not been caught yet. (bleep) those cowards.

- (bleep) the Confederacy. Every symbol of the Confederacy, every monument, every flag, every statue, should be pulled down, uprooted, smashed into rubble, and burned. (bleep) Robert E. Lee, he was a traitor, pull down his statue, melt it down, recast it into urinals. Piss on the Confederacy.

- (bleep) Nazis. I don't want to hear any social justice warrior (bleep) about not confronting these racist (bleep) with violence if necessary. They get punched in the head, they take a lead pipe over the skull, well it just plain sucks to be a Nazi. I'm not going to sugar coat that for you. Nazis are Nazis, they deserve nothing but a boot in their yellow teeth and punch in the throat. They're getting off easy. Our grandfathers hunted Nazis down and EXTERMINATED them and it's to our everlasting shame that we let this cancer regrow in our midst. (bleep) Nazis.

- (bleep) Trump. Trump owns this. Republicans own this. This isn't the Alt-Right, this IS the right. These sons of (bleep) are literally shouting "Sieg Trump" in the streets of Charlottesville right now. (bleep) Trump.

These people are the vile residue, the foul distillation, of every failed hateful rotten-tooth inbred ideology in history. Don't let them hide. Don't make excuses for them. Get them out in the open. Make them own it. They have jobs -- some of them. They have parents and kids and neighbors. They have churches. The Constitution gives them a right to their hate, but not a right to be free of the consequences. Publish their pictures. Publish their license plates. Get them out in the open. Pull their hoods off. They're standing out there shouting hate, flying the flag of treason, their arms upraised in the Hitler salute. Make them own it. Make them infamous. Don't let them hide.

I generally agree with everything he said except the last point. Internet mob justice is pretty dangerous. Remember when the internet published the picture of an innocent kid and said he was the Boston Bomber?

Quote:
- (bleep) Trump. Trump owns this. Republicans own this. This isn't the Alt-Right, this IS the right. These sons of (bleep) are literally shouting "Sieg Trump" in the streets of Charlottesville right now. (bleep) Trump.

this is just false....I have been a Conservative Republican my entire life, and I envision I will die a Conservative Republican.....and in all that time, I have never came across an actual Conservative Republican that would support anything related to white supremacy or shout "Sieg Trump".

Lol. Get out more. Not all conservative republicans are white supremacists, but the white supremacists are in your tent, and your party has been cultivating them for decades.

its just not true Omar....those groups were founded under the Democratic Party, and once the Democratic party cleansed themselves of them, some have tried to find a home in the fringes of the GOP, but have never been welcome by conservatives.....there is nothing within the conservative platform that promotes white supremacy. If I thought it did, I would not support it.

Actually, they were founded well before either party or even our country. And yes, for many years the southern democrats (who referred to themselves as conservative btw) were their home. And then the civil rights act. And overnight, they all became republicans, and the Republican party started to back racist ideology, and has ever since. Read up on the southern strategy. Your party has been actively and proudly supporting and cultivating racism as a central strategy, and if you dont know it, youre deliberately looking away.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here that you're an economic ideologue, although fiscal conservatism has deep racist underpinnings as well.

I do not need you giving the me the benefit of any doubt, I proudly proclaim to be a Conservative Republican.....but what I demand is you or anyone else do not make baseless assumptions about my views on race and race related topics, or how I view my fellow Americans of all race and backgrounds.

I have been involved in local and regional grassroots conservative efforts in multiple states, and I have never came across the racism you continually claim is embedded in the party. I have seen for almost two decades continuous efforts to bring more minorities into the party. The only party that is infatuated with race and division is the modern Democratic Party. This thread is a prime example as rarely a post can be made without race baiting and demonizing "the other guys", followed up with continual patting on the back and self congratulatory followups.

I did not vote for, nor do I support the Trump administration, but the playbook has not changed. Bush was a racist, Reagan was a racist, if you do not support Obama, you must be a racist......The Democratic opposition message has been a one trick pony for decades. Posts in this thread continually claim hate and racism, but just read half of the posts in this thread....they are little more than vitriolic hate speech demonizing anyone that does not share their beliefs.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I keep trying to get to a point in this insanity where I can write a piece, but it's all going sideways

- (bleep) racist terrorists. This isn't free speech. You don't bring guns, clubs, torches, and shields to peaceful demonstration. This is terrorism. These people are terrorists. A car just plowed into a crowd of anti-racist protesters. I've watched the video. It was deliberate. It was attempted murder. This is terrorism and should be called such. So far as a I know, the terrorists have not been caught yet. (bleep) those cowards.

- (bleep) the Confederacy. Every symbol of the Confederacy, every monument, every flag, every statue, should be pulled down, uprooted, smashed into rubble, and burned. (bleep) Robert E. Lee, he was a traitor, pull down his statue, melt it down, recast it into urinals. Piss on the Confederacy.

- (bleep) Nazis. I don't want to hear any social justice warrior (bleep) about not confronting these racist (bleep) with violence if necessary. They get punched in the head, they take a lead pipe over the skull, well it just plain sucks to be a Nazi. I'm not going to sugar coat that for you. Nazis are Nazis, they deserve nothing but a boot in their yellow teeth and punch in the throat. They're getting off easy. Our grandfathers hunted Nazis down and EXTERMINATED them and it's to our everlasting shame that we let this cancer regrow in our midst. (bleep) Nazis.

These people are the vile residue, the foul distillation, of every failed hateful rotten-tooth inbred ideology in history. Don't let them hide. Don't make excuses for them. Get them out in the open. Make them own it. They have jobs -- some of them. They have parents and kids and neighbors. They have churches. The Constitution gives them a right to their hate, but not a right to be free of the consequences. Publish their pictures. Publish their license plates. Get them out in the open. Pull their hoods off. They're standing out there shouting hate, flying the flag of treason, their arms upraised in the Hitler salute. Make them own it. Make them infamous. Don't let them hide.

I generally agree with everything he said except the last point. Internet mob justice is pretty dangerous. Remember when the internet published the picture of an innocent kid and said he was the Boston Bomber?

Quote:

this is just false....I have been a Conservative Republican my entire life, and I envision I will die a Conservative Republican.....and in all that time, I have never came across an actual Conservative Republican that would support anything related to white supremacy or shout "Sieg Trump".

Lol. Get out more. Not all conservative republicans are white supremacists, but the white supremacists are in your tent, and your party has been cultivating them for decades.

its just not true Omar....those groups were founded under the Democratic Party, and once the Democratic party cleansed themselves of them, some have tried to find a home in the fringes of the GOP, but have never been welcome by conservatives.....there is nothing within the conservative platform that promotes white supremacy. If I thought it did, I would not support it.

Actually, they were founded well before either party or even our country. And yes, for many years the southern democrats (who referred to themselves as conservative btw) were their home. And then the civil rights act. And overnight, they all became republicans, and the Republican party started to back racist ideology, and has ever since. Read up on the southern strategy. Your party has been actively and proudly supporting and cultivating racism as a central strategy, and if you dont know it, youre deliberately looking away.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here that you're an economic ideologue, although fiscal conservatism has deep racist underpinnings as well.

I do not need you giving the me the benefit of any doubt, I proudly proclaim to be a Conservative Republican.....but what I demand is you or anyone else do not make baseless assumptions about my views on race and race related topics, or how I view my fellow Americans of all race and backgrounds.

I have been involved in local and regional grassroots conservative efforts in multiple states, and I have never came across the racism you continually claim is embedded in the party. I have seen for almost two decades continuous efforts to bring more minorities into the party. The only party that is infatuated with race and division is the modern Democratic Party. This thread is a prime example as rarely a post can be made without race baiting and demonizing "the other guys", followed up with continual patting on the back and self congratulatory followups.

I did not vote for, nor do I support the Trump administration, but the playbook has not changed. Bush was a racist, Reagan was a racist, if you do not support Obama, you must be a racist......The Democratic opposition message has been a one trick pony for decades. Posts in this thread continually claim hate and racism, but just read half of the posts in this thread....they are little more than vitriolic hate speech demonizing anyone that does not share their beliefs.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt out of civility, assuming that your motives are not to obfuscate or deceive, and that you are not in agreement with the racists, but frankly, if you're claiming you've never come across the overt structural racism in the GOP, I don't know what to say. Thats like living in the US your whole life and claiming never to have heard of wal mart or McDonald's.

Last edited by Omar Little on Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:

That's the problem, divisive politics based on race IS policy with this administration. Bannon, Sessions, Miller . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
but what I demand is you or anyone else do not make baseless assumptions about my views on race and race related topics, or how I view my fellow Americans of all race and backgrounds.

They are not "baseless assumptions". People are going on your record here.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
but what I demand is you or anyone else do not make baseless assumptions about my views on race and race related topics, or how I view my fellow Americans of all race and backgrounds.

elaborate on my record here. Tell me about my views on race related topics.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:

To be fair, it wasn't even that. It was commenting on the record of the GOP.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

I haven't met any level-headed Democrat who believes Bush and Reagan were racists. They perhaps believe some of the laws they passed were racially bias, but that's not the same thing. What you claim just isn't true.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I haven't met any level-headed Democrat who believes Bush and Reagan were racists. They perhaps believe some of the laws they passed were racially bias, but that's not the same thing. What you claim just isn't true.

Seriously.....the race card was not played on Bush continuously? Come on Omar, you can at least support me on this one. He was hit with race related ads from his first term campaign, and it was used against him through his second term. Jesse Jackson and Rainbow Push were constantly playing the race card on every domestic policy discussion during the Reagan administration.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject:

You're on your own. There was quite a bit of racism around Bush (ask John McCain and his Bangladeshi daughter), both in campaign rhetoric and policy, but it didn't define who he was seen as by the left.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:

I gave you the benefit of the doubt out of civility, assuming that your motives are not to obfuscate or deceive, and that you are not in agreement with the racists, but frankly, if you're claiming you've never come across the overt structural racism in the GOP, I don't know what to say. Thats like living in the US your whole life and claiming never to have heard of wal mart or McDonald's.

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Say waaah? Really? Bush II was a racist was a big push? Could you show me where the headlines were for that? The anger on the left was about the "stealing of the election." To me, Bush II was about giving money to the rich and creating structural debt.

Reagan was a racist? I was a little young when that happened, but again, that wasn't the message for him. It was supposedly about cutting taxes, but it just became shifting taxes to the middle class away from the wealthy. Same as Bush II.

I think you're stretching on what actually happened in history.
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject:

I dunno about what others think, but the last 8 months feels like people are trying to relive the civil rights movement from the 1960s and the anger and resentment bubbling up with a lot of hate fomenting and the KKK and Nazi faction of the right are pushing hard as the PresiKlansman is giving them a pass. (The Whitehouse spokesman doesn't count. Trump's opinion is many times different than what the press secretaries say.)
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Seriously.....the race card was not played on Bush continuously? Come on Omar, you can at least support me on this one. He was hit with race related ads from his first term campaign, and it was used against him through his second term. Jesse Jackson and Rainbow Push were constantly playing the race card on every domestic policy discussion during the Reagan administration.

Jackson wasn't alone in his criticism of Reagan. And like I said, it was his policies.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1953700

Quote:
Today the South is solidly Republican. In every presidential election since 1964 — save the election of Jimmy Carter in 1976 — Dixie has been the heart of GOP presidential politics. The white Southern vote was key to the Republican takeover of Congress in 1994, and President George W. Bush was elected in 2000 because he carried every Southern state.

Ronald Reagan was key to the South's transition to Republican politics. Goldwater got the ball rolling, but Reagan was at his side from the very beginning. During the 1964 campaign, Reagan gave speeches in support of Goldwater and spoke out for what he called individual rights — read that also as states' rights. Reagan also and portrayed any opposition as support for totalitarianism — read that as communism.

But when the former California governor ran for the presidency again in 1980, he began his campaign with a controversial appearance in Philadelphia, Miss., where three civil rights workers had been brutally killed. It was at that sore spot on the racial map that Reagan revived talk about states' rights and curbing the power of the federal government.

To many it sounded like code for announcing himself as the candidate for white segregationists. After he defeated President Carter, a native Southerner, Reagan led an administration that seemed to cater to Southerners still angry over the passage of the Civil Rights Act after 16 years. The Reagan team condemned busing for school integration, opposed affirmative action and even threatened to veto a proposed extension of the Voting Rights Act (the sequel to the 1964 Civil Rights Act passed a year later and focused on election participation). President Reagan also tried to allow Bob Jones University, a segregated Southern school, to reclaim federal tax credits that had long been denied to racially discriminatory institutions.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject:

And really, can you blame Jesse Jackson for not wanting to return to pre-Civil Rights Act America? The man literally saw Martin Luther King die in his arms.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Amazing how about half of all Republicans believe Barack Obama is an illegal immigrant intruder and that "reverse racism" is a big problem in this country, how they overwhelmingly voted and still support the candidate that spread that racist lie for years and never admitted was a racist lie, how that same candidate announced his candidacy by spreading another racist lie about Mexican immigrants, how that same candidate announced that he would prevent Muslims from entering this country, how that same candidate was supported by various white supremacist groups, including the chief white supremacist in the country, etc. And considering all of that, it's interesting that the poster above still hasn't seen any of those people in his various travels among conservatives around the country. Give me a break.

Conservatism is primarily a movement of resentment these days. It's no longer about lower taxes, smaller government, and free trade. And that resentment just happens to be directed against what conservatives consider to be outsiders - such as immigrants, homosexuals, Muslims, etc. - and those that are perceived as welcoming and supportive of those outsiders - such as the media, Hollywood, academia, liberal "elites," and progressives on the two coasts. And the group that possesses that resentment is white, rural, conservative. In order to maintain the dignity of the GOP and the conservative movement, you have to own up to that ugly reality and the history that led to it, which you can argue goes back to the founding of this country. But more recently, you can trace the beginning of that movement to the nomination of Barry Goldwater. That darkness was always there but wasn't as apparent because someone like Reagan could rely only on white voters but could still win a huge majority. But as those outside groups and their supporters became large enough to give someone like Barack Obama the biggest electoral victory in a generation, that darkness underlying the conservative movement became more pronounced. And then Donald Trump came and the rest is history.

So you can continue doing your "I haven't met any of those people" shtick, but it doesn't reflect reality.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject:

tlim wrote:
Reagan was a racist? I was a little young when that happened, but again, that wasn't the message for him. It was supposedly about cutting taxes, but it just became shifting taxes to the middle class away from the wealthy. Same as Bush II.

The Reagan administration was my first as an adult. I remember it very well. There were many criticisms of him, that he was a "racist" was NEVER one of them - even in a minor fashion.

Quote:
I think you're stretching on what actually happened in history.

That's being kind.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 509, 510, 511 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 510 of 3673
Jump to: