THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 523, 524, 525 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject:

There are white power hate groups in LA, San Francisco and even here in Ventura. My niece is messed up with them and I have learned more than I care to know. Many are from the high dollar beach developments. They are into power, crime, drugs and money. Nothing like the pure racism I witnessed living/working in Louisiana and Mississippi.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

After remaining CEOs resign en masse from the president's business councils, they have officially been disbanded.

There was immense public pressure on those remaining, and they did the smart thing.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
adkindo wrote:
rwongega wrote:
As someone who has witnessed a cross burning firsthand, it's scary to think these people are currently residing even here in California.

More than residing....seems like a primary home.

California is No. 1 haven for hate groups, report says

Quote:
California ranks highest among the 50 states, with nearly 80 different hate groups calling the Golden State home, says a report from the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Not that surprising. Rural areas, OC, the desert, etc.

California, Florida and New York were the top 3......on one hand it makes sense because these are 3 of the 4 most populous states, but it is surprising since these are also some of the most racially diverse states.

Not where those groups are based. I don't know any of them but I can almost guarantee that none of them are in San Diego, LA, San Francisco, Miami, New York, etc. In the cases of all three states, things are very different away from the major population centers.

If you read the report, it claims the contrary...

Quote:
Most of the groups are concentrated in Southern California, the San Francisco Bay area and the Sacramento region, the report says.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Watched Hannity last night. They aren't merely defending Trump, they are praising him for standing up to the left and complimenting him for the courage he has shown to call out "all sides." They argue the slippery slope of taking down monuments. If you watched Don Lemon on CNN last night, when Ana Cabrera was on he also had the former governor of Arizona on - she basically repeated, although less eloquently, the same Hannity talking points.

I've seen some of the comments from some on Fox news. However, other than maybe a tweet from John McCain, I have yet to see any GOP reps/Senators slamming Trump since yesterday, and I'm sure all the radio voices out there are praising him just like Hannity did. Much like the various shocking moments during the campaign, this may be another example of where anti-trumpers and those on the left are shocked, but the Republican base doesn't see anything wrong.

I get that his approval ratings keep dropping to all-time lows, but all that matters is who votes. More importantly, will this change who people vote for in the midterms? Trump is President for 3.5 more years - nothing changes for now unless the Democrats can somehow find a way to take back the Senate and/or the House. I really don't know if the needle for likely voters has been moved much, or enough to overcome gerrymandering.

I refuse to watch Hannity, but on Special Report, Krauthammer went after him.....

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/450514/charles-krauthammer-trumps-charlottesville-comments-moral-disgrace

saw it. respect went up for his eloquent succinct straightforward no bs analysis.

fox viewers must feel like i do when i see a CNN infotainment hack like jeffrey lord when they watch Shep Smith or Chris Wallace. i liked when jon stewart told chris wallace, yeah you're pretty much the outlier and here for the semblence of a real news channel to balance out all the crazies like hannity.

Krauthammer, Brett Baer, George Will (when he was on), Brit Hume are some of my favorites.....pretty indifferent to Shep and Chris Wallace. Refuse to watch Hannity, Eric Bolling and OReilly (when he was on) ....and I gag when the constantly uninformed Kimberly Guilfoyle speaks.

The truth is I have not watched anything much since Trump won. I was the guy kicking and screaming to anyone that would listen about this guy when liberal media was giving him almost 24 hour coverage and constant free media. Many liberals and the liberal media wanted Trump to win the Primary because they thought he would be easily defeated. (I honestly thought he had no chance) I honestly feel liberals and the liberal media are partially responsible for creating the monster they now despise. I personally am a Jeb Bush/Marco Rubio Florida Republican.....and felt strongly that Rubio could have ran and extremely positive and uplifting campaign that would have won......if not for Trump.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
adkindo wrote:
rwongega wrote:
As someone who has witnessed a cross burning firsthand, it's scary to think these people are currently residing even here in California.

Quote:
California ranks highest among the 50 states, with nearly 80 different hate groups calling the Golden State home, says a report from the Southern Poverty Law Center.

California, Florida and New York were the top 3......on one hand it makes sense because these are 3 of the 4 most populous states, but it is surprising since these are also some of the most racially diverse states.

Not where those groups are based. I don't know any of them but I can almost guarantee that none of them are in San Diego, LA, San Francisco, Miami, New York, etc. In the cases of all three states, things are very different away from the major population centers.

Quote:
Most of the groups are concentrated in Southern California, the San Francisco Bay area and the Sacramento region, the report says.

Well there are certainly hate groups in Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego. They are too much of a population center not to have any of that. It should be important to note the per capita of course.

But your response to Hector kinda misses his point. SoCal is not just LA, San Francisco is only about 1 million in the 5 million that is the Bay Area, and no one here is saying nice things about Sacramento and it's surrounding areas.

Also I'm still laughing at the comment section, didn't realize it was fox news at first glance. Most of them are complaining about how the SPLC is a hate group(okay) and all the Hate Groups they're listing are Christian Organizations.

Look at the map, no they aren't.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ani007 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Watched Hannity last night. They aren't merely defending Trump, they are praising him for standing up to the left and complimenting him for the courage he has shown to call out "all sides." They argue the slippery slope of taking down monuments. If you watched Don Lemon on CNN last night, when Ana Cabrera was on he also had the former governor of Arizona on - she basically repeated, although less eloquently, the same Hannity talking points.

I've seen some of the comments from some on Fox news. However, other than maybe a tweet from John McCain, I have yet to see any GOP reps/Senators slamming Trump since yesterday, and I'm sure all the radio voices out there are praising him just like Hannity did. Much like the various shocking moments during the campaign, this may be another example of where anti-trumpers and those on the left are shocked, but the Republican base doesn't see anything wrong.

I get that his approval ratings keep dropping to all-time lows, but all that matters is who votes. More importantly, will this change who people vote for in the midterms? Trump is President for 3.5 more years - nothing changes for now unless the Democrats can somehow find a way to take back the Senate and/or the House. I really don't know if the needle for likely voters has been moved much, or enough to overcome gerrymandering.

I refuse to watch Hannity, but on Special Report, Krauthammer went after him.....

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/450514/charles-krauthammer-trumps-charlottesville-comments-moral-disgrace

saw it. respect went up for his eloquent succinct straightforward no bs analysis.

fox viewers must feel like i do when i see a CNN infotainment hack like jeffrey lord when they watch Shep Smith or Chris Wallace. i liked when jon stewart told chris wallace, yeah you're pretty much the outlier and here for the semblence of a real news channel to balance out all the crazies like hannity.

Krauthammer, Brett Baer, George Will (when he was on), Brit Hume are some of my favorites.....pretty indifferent to Shep and Chris Wallace. Refuse to watch Hannity, Eric Bolling and OReilly (when he was on) ....and I gag when the constantly uninformed Kimberly Guilfoyle speaks.

The truth is I have not watched anything much since Trump won. I was the guy kicking and screaming to anyone that would listen about this guy when liberal media was giving him almost 24 hour coverage and constant free media. Many liberals and the liberal media wanted Trump to win the Primary because they thought he would be easily defeated. (I honestly thought he had no chance) I honestly feel liberals and the liberal media are partially responsible for creating the monster they now despise. I personally am a Jeb Bush/Marco Rubio Florida Republican.....and felt strongly that Rubio could have ran and extremely positive and uplifting campaign that would have won......if not for Trump.

Corporate media is a huge issue in our country, whether it's Fox News, MSNBC, CNN. The fact that 90% of talk radio is Conservative and owned by a few companies Clear Channel, Cumulus, etc.

How about this nonsense:
http://www.businessinsider.com/these-6-corporations-control-90-of-the-media-in-america-2012-6
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject:

Yeah, looks like the GOP Trump coalition still supports their guy 100%

Mike Pence: “What happened in Charlottesville was a tragedy. And the President has been clear on this tragedy and so have I," Pence said. "I spoke at length about this heartbreaking situation on Sunday night in Colombia, and I stand with the President and I stand by those words."

Ben Carson talking about both, a neighbor putting up confederate flag and his house vandalized by anti-Trump... same Trump theme: they're equal
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject:

For a party that prides itself on telling minorities and women and everyone else to take personal responsibility and let capitalism do its thing, and if you fail it is your fault, they are really good at deflecting and blaming everyone else for the problems they incite.

We wouldn't be racist if Obama hadn't been president.

Yeah, we are Nazis marching and waving our guns at your face, but protestors with signs are the real villains.

Such special dainty little snowflakes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

I agree Encina - I've been pissed on nearly a daily basis since trump 'won' this election, but never quite so pissed as I've been since Charlottesville. I just want to tell these guys if they don't want to get burned stop carrying torches around.

LeBron James said the right things, and a lot more mature things, than anything I've said online recently. But I do think I'm right in telling people to stop crying about getting picked on when they hold their white supremacy marches, burn torches and scream angry slogans.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Tough guy white supremacist cries online
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

people can b*tching and complain all day all night for that matter, but Trump is here to stay. However outrage some of the stuff he says, he's not breaking any laws to the point he's about to get impeached. so CNN and MSNBC can talk until their faces turn purple, Trump still gonna be the Prez the following day.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
people can b*tching and complain all day all night for that matter, but Trump is here to stay. However outrage some of the stuff he says, he's not breaking any laws to the point he's about to get impeached. so CNN and MSNBC can talk until their faces turn purple, Trump still gonna be the Prez the following day.

You should still speak up and condemn him for defending nazi. I'm glad people still talk about it (some until their faces turn purple) and not stay quiet just because Trump still gonna be the Prez the following day regardless
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
adkindo wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

people think just because california as a whole is very diverse that the hate groups dont exist here or "it can't be too many."

time to start up that old google search engine.

Know thy history

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-the-ku-klux-klan-ugly-violent-history-in-anaheim-20160227-story.html

Quote:
Isn't there a history of KKK activity in Anaheim?

Yes. Klansmen were once the dominant political force in Anaheim, holding four of five City Council seats before a recall effort led to their ouster in 1924. At the height of the group's power in Orange County, nearly 300 Klansmen lived in Anaheim, patrolling city streets in robes and masks. A large KKK rally once attracted 20,000 people to the city.

KKK patrols stopped and interrogated citizens, and once burned a large cross in front of St. Boniface Roman Catholic Church.

Indeed, much of the KKK focus in Anaheim and elsehwere at that time was Anti-Catholicism.

California has been about that "racist and anti anyone but whites" Life, since the beginning.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/opinion-la/la-ol-immigration-california-racism-20170327-htmlstory.html

You read that article and sure sounds like today doesnt it?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
I agree Encina - I've been pissed on nearly a daily basis since trump 'won' this election, but never quite so pissed as I've been since Charlottesville. I just want to tell these guys if they don't want to get burned stop carrying torches around.

LeBron James said the right things, and a lot more mature things, than anything I've said online recently. But I do think I'm right in telling people to stop crying about getting picked on when they hold their white supremacy marches, burn torches and scream angry slogans.

I took exception to one comment he made when her referred to "the so-called president of the United States". He is questioning the legitimacy of the office, and there is no question that Trump is the legitimate POTUS. I had the same exact feelings during the Obama administration when I would read or hear comments that questioned his legitimacy. You can question and condemn to man and/or his policies......or simply his overall fit to hold the office as a matter of subjective opinion, but questioning the legitimacy based on feelings of the individual holding the office is immature and reckless. The office and its legitimacy is much larger than any man. In my opinion, these type of comments became commonplace during the Bush 43 administration and have not only continued but became louder during the subsequent two administrations.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:

Lot of them looks like fat-boy losers who like to play tough, They don't join the military or law enforcement (or they get kicked out if they do, as unsuitable) but they like to wear camo and molle bags and play at being tough in a mob. Bullies like the prez but they can hurt others obviously with their stupid antics.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:

Lot of them looks like fat-boy losers who like to play tough, They don't join the military or law enforcement (or they get kicked out if they do, as unsuitable) but they like to wear camo and molle bags and play at being tough in a mob.

I share this sentiment.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
from the time obama got into office til the time he left...rightwingers can b*tching and complain all day all night for that matter, but Obama is here to stay. However outrage some of the stuff he says, he's not breaking any laws to the point he's about to get impeached. so Fox News, and any other so called conservative outlets can talk until their faces turn purple, Obama is still gonna be the Prez the following day.

^^you like that SGV?
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
encina1 wrote:

Lot of them looks like fat-boy losers who like to play tough, They don't join the military or law enforcement (or they get kicked out if they do, as unsuitable) but they like to wear camo and molle bags and play at being tough in a mob. Bullies like the prez but they can hurt others obviously with their stupid antics.
this is exactly who a lot of them are. a group full of wanna bees. imagine that. a bunch of george zimmermans running around. wishing they were the real thing going wayyyy overboard to overcompensate for everything they lack.

Bro..you're not a soldier
Bro.. you're not even a cop
Bro...you're not a confederate soldier.
Bro..you do realize the confederacy took that L right? right?

So please take off the outfits. You're a fully grown man/woman. stop playing dress up with real guns before someone gets hurt. You look like a bunch of idiots out there.

and Lol at trump supporters always telling left leaners or anti trumpers to stop crying about trump being in office. I'll stop crying about it when you stop crying about a war your great great grand pappy lost over a century ago.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
SweetP wrote:
encina1 wrote:

this is exactly who a lot of them are. a group full of wanna bees. imagine that. a bunch of george zimmermans running around. wishing they were the real thing going wayyyy overboard to overcompensate for everything they lack.

So please take off the outfits. You're a fully grown man/woman. stop playing dress up with real guns before someone gets hurt. You look like a bunch of idiots out there.

and Lol at trump supporters always telling left leaners or anti trumpers to stop crying about trump being in office. I'll stop crying about it when you stop crying about a war your great great grand pappy lost over a century ago.

These ones are the dumb ones
The problems is the ones who wear suits and ties and called congressmen/senators
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

I took exception to one comment he made when her referred to "the so-called president of the United States". He is questioning the legitimacy of the office, and there is no question that Trump is the legitimate POTUS. I had the same exact feelings during the Obama administration when I would read or hear comments that questioned his legitimacy. You can question and condemn to man and/or his policies......or simply his overall fit to hold the office as a matter of subjective opinion, but questioning the legitimacy based on feelings of the individual holding the office is immature and reckless. The office and its legitimacy is much larger than any man. In my opinion, these type of comments became commonplace during the Bush 43 administration and have not only continued but became louder during the subsequent two administrations.

The reason anyone is right to call trump the "so called" president. Is because right now he's under investigation for possibly being in cahoots with a foreign non allie country in hopes to help him win the election that made him president.

See you can come with the bogus birther movement that has zero evidence. You can not like your president all you want. but this is beyond disliking someone. If he's found guilty. To me he wasnt the REAL president. Yes i know innocent to proven guilty. thats in the court of law. not in the court of public opinion. I think trump is guilty and so does lebron.

now to the presidents racist ways. we have proof of him with real estate doing some real shady stuff. oh i guess for some trump lovers you need to get a recording of him saying a racist word like they did the clippers owner. even though the clippers owner was doing shady stuff to minorities in regards to his rental properties. like i've said earlier in this thread. you can name call me all day. just dont mess with my livelihood. therefore livelihood is more important than catching trump saying a bad word.

So as an american citizen everyone that isnt a white supremacist/racist should not respect him as the president representing them.

I dont respect the people who voted for him for the same reason. so how would i respect the win?

there's a difference between dont agree and dont respect.

You continue to disrespect the office. then you get disrespected yourself. its real simple. You want respect of the office. Make the office respectable while you're in that position. It's not that hard. Notice I didnt say change all your policies.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
SweetP wrote:
encina1 wrote:

These ones are the dumb ones
The problems is the ones who wear suits and ties and called congressmen/senators

i call them the foot soldiers. the foot soldiers or GOONS are usually the not so bright ones.

But yes the congressmen/women and senators are a bigger problem than the idiot goons.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

I'll wait for Robert Mueller to confirm that.

EDIT: Not to mention Trump questioned the legitimacy of the election the entire campaign. So, in a way, Trump questioned his own legitimacy.

Last edited by The Lebrons on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject:

just a reminder of the un-american, un-patriotic things Trump has said in the past 2 weeks alone

“I want to thank [Putin] because we’re trying to cut down our payroll, and as far as I’m concerned, I’m very thankful that he let go of a large number of people because now we have a smaller payroll,” Trump said, flashing a small grin.

And now this Nazi sympathizing gesture...

Conservatives/republicans... care to condemn?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
adkindo wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

The reason anyone is right to call trump the "so called" president. Is because right now he's under investigation for possibly being in cahoots with a foreign non allie country in hopes to help him win the election that made him president.

See you can come with the bogus birther movement that has zero evidence. You can not like your president all you want. but this is beyond disliking someone. If he's found guilty. To me he wasnt the REAL president. Yes i know innocent to proven guilty. thats in the court of law. not in the court of public opinion. I think trump is guilty and so does lebron.

now to the presidents racist ways. we have proof of him with real estate doing some real shady stuff. oh i guess for some trump lovers you need to get a recording of him saying a racist word like they did the clippers owner. even though the clippers owner was doing shady stuff to minorities in regards to his rental properties. like i've said earlier in this thread. you can name call me all day. just dont mess with my livelihood. therefore livelihood is more important than catching trump saying a bad word.

So as an american citizen everyone that isnt a white supremacist/racist should not respect him as the president representing them.

I dont respect the people who voted for him for the same reason. so how would i respect the win?

there's a difference between dont agree and dont respect.

You continue to disrespect the office. then you get disrespected yourself. its real simple. You want respect of the office. Make the office respectable while you're in that position. It's not that hard. Notice I didnt say change all your policies.

I would argue that your statements are little more than excuses to do and act the way that gratifies you, and prioritizes individual and/or immediate satisfaction over maintaining respect for the office even when it is held by someone you do not like. It is simply making up the rules to justify your actions or words. Commonly known as hypocrisy.....hypocrisy is always justified by "buts" and the "difference is's" by those who traffic in it.

Trump is the legitimate President. Those that claim otherwise are simply following the same action taken by those that questioned Obama and Bush. There is always "but this is different", but in the end it simply isn't.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
SweetP wrote:
encina1 wrote:

Yes, Zimmerman is a good analogy. A bunch of Zimmermans in camo and molle who are gong to protect the USA from "those" sorts of people. Idiots. Dangerous idiots.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 523, 524, 525 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 524 of 3673
Jump to: