THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 534, 535, 536 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Poll Shows Nearly Half Of Americans Agree With Trump About Charlottesville

Quote:
The poll found that 46 percent believe far-right groups were most responsible, 40 percent pointed the finger at both groups, and 9 percent believe counter-protesters were the most guilty.

Link

2200 respondents on an online poll where 49 percent of them equate Nazis and anti Nazis. Any thing Nazi I'll be on the opposite side of. He's dead wrong on this issue even if 100 percent agreed with him.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:
The poll found that 46 percent believe far-right groups were most responsible, 40 percent pointed the finger at both groups, and 9 percent believe counter-protesters were the most guilty.

Link

Key word Republicans. Isn't that to be expected?

Quote:
New Poll: Republicans support Trump view of Charlottesville

it is not key at all.....unless your trying to win a primary election. In total 49% of those polled placed responsibility on both groups or the counter protesters. If a poll has Hillary Clinton with 50% and Trump @ 46%....you do not say the key is most of those 50% are Democrats....of course they are, but it remains 50% in total.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

In a country that is ~63% White
95% of the GOP congress is White.
95% of all GOP congressional districts are majority white
95% of self-identified Republican primary voters were white.
#diversity

Code:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/percentage-non-hispanic-whites-hits-all-time-63-article-1.1371772
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/breakdown-114th-congress-demographics-gender
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/08/12/95-of-republican-house-districts-are-majority-white/?utm_term=.bac11d3b0427
https://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/03/16/fallout-from-the-gops-lack-of-diversity/

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

Link

Quote:

it is not key at all.....unless your trying to win a primary election. In total 49% of those polled placed responsibility on both groups or the counter protesters. If a poll has Hillary Clinton with 50% and Trump @ 46%....you do not say the key is most of those 50% are Democrats....of course they are, but it remains 50% in total.

OK. All 46-40, Rep 64 Dem 18, Ind 51-38. The polls say most think Far right groups were more responsible. Do you agree?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:

Either way.. Yes we can! judge these people in historical context by simply finding people who knew better and were alive in those days

they were not hard to find, they were called Republicans.

And now they are called RepubliKlans

I think that is going a bit far. It's a funny take but I don't like it any more than the silly Libitard meme and some of the other name-calling.

I think most Klan members are likely Republicans but not all Republicans are in the Klan. I know a few Republicans, I find them misguided, but they are not Klan members I can assure you.

In my opinion the GOP is allowing, if not enabling, the infection of the alt-Right crowd but not all are aligned with the KKK or Neo-Nazis.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

Link

Quote:

That is key information no matter how you slice it and you left it out. Don't do it again.

I was absolutely stumped at what you were referring to until I clicked the link, but I think the issue is I linked the wrong page....I linked the raw survey data instead on the Article.

Article

Raw Data

I think you will recognize my title and quote are directly from the article....there was no intention, as I would not knowingly use a quote that was not on the link.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I try my damnedest to give Donald the benefit of the doubt. I considered maybe he really doesn't understand the meaning of moral equivalency. In his mind he sees two sides equal period. He's not very bright concerning many things, this is one.

IF he was caught murdering somebody. He'd say. "What? God flooded the whole Earth. Killing almost everyone. And people, including people on the left, still support God. Are we gonna remove 'in god we Trust' off of our money now? Murder is part of our culture and history."

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Quote:

Link

It's an online poll of 2,000 people by survey monkey. Not exactly reliable. That's not real polling. I've seen figures on CNN that shows the gap to be much wider based traditional/ legitimate polling.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
#diversity

Code:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/percentage-non-hispanic-whites-hits-all-time-63-article-1.1371772
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/08/12/95-of-republican-house-districts-are-majority-white/?utm_term=.bac11d3b0427
https://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/03/16/fallout-from-the-gops-lack-of-diversity/

All of these articles are fairly old, and going through them, I could not tie out all of the numbers....where did this number come from...

also, what is the comparison to this number....

I mean the entire country is majority white.....how many White Democrat congressional districts are majority white? how many Black Democrat congressional districts are majority black/minority? I think those in comparison may provide better context.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Listening to CNN. Question: Why haven't we heard more from Obama? Duh, he's no longer president!

Why does the country want Obama to speak on relations? Why aren't they asking for Bush, Clinton or others?

When he was in office he was constantly railed. Why now do they want to know how he thinks?

Damn, the man served his time. He's been released, leave him da f alone!!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:31 pm; edited 4 times in total
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I was absolutely stumped at what you were referring to until I clicked the link, but I think the issue is I linked the wrong page....I linked the raw survey data instead on the Article.

Article

Raw Data

I think you will recognize my title and quote are directly from the article....there was no intention, as I would not knowingly use a quote that was not on the link.

I read the poll and you accurately described it in terms of the quote you used, so that's fine, which is why I deleted my post. The reliability of that poll is a other matter.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I try my damnedest to give Donald the benefit of the doubt. I considered maybe he really doesn't understand the meaning of moral equivalency. In his mind he sees two sides equal period. He's not very bright concerning many things, this is one.

IF he was caught murdering somebody. He'd say. "What? God flooded the whole Earth. Killing almost everyone. And people, including people on the left, still support God. Are we gonna remove 'in god we Trust' off of our money now? Murder is part of our culture and history."

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
#diversity

Code:

All of these articles are fairly old, and going through them, I could not tie out all of the numbers....where did this number come from...

also, what is the comparison to this number....

I mean the entire country is majority white.....how many White Democrat congressional districts are majority white? how many Black Democrat congressional districts are majority black/minority? I think those in comparison may provide better context.

I stole this post from another poster on another site. Straight plagiarism!
I linked the bullet points in order with the links. The "self-identified" stat is the very 1st sentence of the 4th link (WSJ).

Your second request for the districts I'll try to find for ya.

Ya they are older stats. That's my bad . I'm actually gonna redo that post with new stats. Fair is fair. But I don't think the GOP made up the 95% to 63% gap in the past 2-3 years. Don't think Trump has attracted more minority voters. But it's worth looking into.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
SweetP wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You can rest now... that paid your bills for the day.. Comedy genius

Don't give Trump any ideas

"In Trump we trust"

*How do human beings become this way? Accepting a charlatan as their God?
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I think about 2/3 of the Trump voters voted for him and, of those, probably 90% would have voted for any Republican candidate. The remaining 1/3, IMO, voted for Trump because either a) he wasn't Hillary or b) because they thought "why not?" and just wanted a non-politician. That group has likely abandoned him and will be voting against him in 2020. If so, that group will be large enough to swing the election to the Dems.

I'm not concerned about Trump getting a second term. He won't. In fact, he may not even finish his first term. The larger issue is the Senate and the House. With gerry mandering and how most liberal voters congregate geographically in the same cities/states, I'm not sure there is a fix for it. One fix would be to convert Republican voters to democrats. Surely, identity politics won't do it. Still, identity politics or no identity politics, I'm not sure in today's climate if that is possible no matter how the Dems approach it.

The other fix is to lower conservative voter turnout. If the base and other conservative voters become disillusioned, they may just not turn out. That's what usually happens when one party runs the government anyway, it usually swings. If enough GOP voters just stay home, that might be enough to change some elections. The less happy they are with Trump, the more likely that will happen. Russia is one way to get there, but I don't think identity politics is because that's about much more than Trump. Another way to get there is to watch the Republicans (and Trump's) ongoing failure to pass any real legislation all the while Democrats propose alternatives. Democrats need to start talking more about what healthcare plan they would pursue, what infrastructure plan they would pursue, what tax plan they would pursue, etc. and how they can govern, but the Republicans cannot.

The last fix is it increase progressive/liberal voter turnout. That is naturally going to happen, especially in 2020, if not 2018, but that will likely not be enough on its own to really swing the local or state elections. Some of the above will have to happen too.

Yep, my thinking in a nutshell as well. 2018 needs DNC supporters to come out of the woodworks or the party will be doing more soul searching.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Why is this Jan. 28 Trump photo lighting up Twitter?

Photo of Trump speaking on the phone to Putin just after inauguration with five of his senior staff and only Pence is left.

Flynn, Priebus, Bannon and Spicer all gone in 7 months.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject:

CNN source "Kelly's not done"

LINK

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Code:
https://images.dailykos.com/images/345784/original/115th_Congress_-_US_Senate_Stats.png?1483459300
https://images.dailykos.com/images/345888/large/115th_Congress_-_US_House_Stats.png?1483479357
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/1/3/1616470/-Check-out-our-comprehensive-115th-Congress-guide-with-election-data-demographics-and-member-stats

So if you look at GOP members in the Senate. Women AND minorities add up to 15% of their members.
If you look up GOP members in the House. Women AND minorities add up to 12% of their members.
#diversity
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

LINK

Hopefully that creepy Gorka guy and weasely Steven Miller. Any Kellyanne Conway too!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Hopefully that creepy Gorka guy and weasely Steven Miller. Any Kellyanne Conway too!

I don't think Kellyanne is on the list. Talking about a poker face. She lies like a champion poker player.

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

I don't think Kellyanne is on the list. Talking about a poker face. She lies like a champion poker player.

I'll settle for 2 out of 3.

For now.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Has this literally become a clown show? Yes. Yes it has.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:
SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

I'll settle for 2 out of 3.

For now.

I'd be happy if all those hacks get fired. But it still does feel like we're cutting the crust off a Turd Sandwich (Trump).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject:

I'TS ON LIKE LINK

Bannon: 'The Trump Presidency That We Fought For, and Won, Is Over.'

LINK

Quote:
“The Trump presidency that we fought for, and won, is over,” Bannon said Friday, shortly after confirming his departure. “We still have a huge movement, and we will make something of this Trump presidency. But that presidency is over. It’ll be something else. And there’ll be all kinds of fights, and there’ll be good days and bad days, but that presidency is over.”

Quote:
“I feel jacked up,” he says. “Now I’m free. I’ve got my hands back on my weapons. Someone said, ‘it’s Bannon the Barbarian.’ I am definitely going to crush the opposition. There’s no doubt. I built a f***ing machine at Breitbart. And now I’m about to go back, knowing what I know, and we’re about to rev that machine up. And rev it up we will do.”

I take that to mean he'll go after those who oppose Trump.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
The entire presidential and arts committee resigns in a message to trump.

https://twitter.com/kalpenn/status/898547257062174724?s=09

In the letter, look at the first letter in the first word of each paragraph.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 534, 535, 536 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 535 of 3671
Jump to: