THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 535, 536, 537 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
The entire presidential and arts committee resigns in a message to trump.

https://twitter.com/kalpenn/status/898547257062174724?s=09

In the letter, look at the first letter in the first word of each paragraph.

Be sure to include Thank you.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:

In my opinion the GOP is allowing, if not enabling, the infection of the alt-Right crowd but not all are aligned with the KKK or Neo-Nazis.

If you are allowing and enabling, you are aligning.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
kikanga wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:

Either way.. Yes we can! judge these people in historical context by simply finding people who knew better and were alive in those days

they were not hard to find, they were called Republicans.

And now they are called RepubliKlans

I think that is going a bit far. It's a funny take but I don't like it any more than the silly Libitard meme and some of the other name-calling.

I think most Klan members are likely Republicans but not all Republicans are in the Klan. I know a few Republicans, I find them misguided, but they are not Klan members I can assure you.

In my opinion the GOP is allowing, if not enabling, the infection of the alt-Right crowd but not all are aligned with the KKK or Neo-Nazis

Yeah “Not all of those people were white supremacists by any stretch” - Donald J Trump

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
SweetP wrote:
kikanga wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Either way.. Yes we can! judge these people in historical context by simply finding people who knew better and were alive in those days

I think that is going a bit far. It's a funny take but I don't like it any more than the silly Libitard meme and some of the other name-calling.

I think most Klan members are likely Republicans but not all Republicans are in the Klan. I know a few Republicans, I find them misguided, but they are not Klan members I can assure you.

In my opinion the GOP is allowing, if not enabling, the infection of the alt-Right crowd but not all are aligned with the KKK or Neo-Nazis

Yeah “Not all of those people were white supremacists by any stretch” - Donald J Trump

I am far from a Republican supporter but not all marched at Charlottesville.

I think the GOP has aligned itself with racism but I hold out hope that some individuals who identify as Republican can be saved. Just my opinion, you are free to disagree.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
The entire presidential and arts committee resigns in a message to trump.

https://twitter.com/kalpenn/status/898547257062174724?s=09

In the letter, look at the first letter in the first word of each paragraph.

R
E
S
I
S
T
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject:

A quick recap of this season of House of Cheetos:
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/898622419216322561

These writers are reaching.

!...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:
SweetP wrote:
kikanga wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I think the GOP has aligned itself with racism but I hold out hope that some individuals who identify as Republican can be saved. Just my opinion, you are free to disagree.

Is your LINK broken?

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:
SweetP wrote:
kikanga wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Is your LINK broken?

I just got home, haven't had any wine yet.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:
SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:
SweetP wrote:
kikanga wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Is your LINK broken?

I just got home, haven't had any wine yet.

I'm not a wine connoisseur, I'm a Zinfandel, Heineken man.

DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject:

The alt-right news outlets are already calling Kelly and McMaster "neocons" and other choice labels after the Bannon firing. Needless to say, they're not happy. Expect constant hit-pieces from Breitbart.

As long as Trump is in office, the cleaning can only go so far, but hopefully soon all of the rest of the goons will be rooted out of their posts.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
The alt-right news outlets are already calling Kelly and McMaster "neocons" and other choice labels after the Bannon firing. Needless to say, they're not happy. Expect constant hit-pieces from Breitbart.

As long as Trump is in office, the cleaning can only go so far, but hopefully soon all of the rest of the goons will be rooted out of their posts.

Can we please stop with the niceties like "Alt-Right". There is no "Alt-Right", there are just White Supremacists and Nazi's. So let's quit using terms that downplay what they truly are.

And while we are at it. There is no "Alt-Left" nor "Anti-Fa", just people who are against fascism and racism - as EVERYONE should be.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
I think the GOP has aligned itself with racism but I hold out hope that some [b]individuals who identify as Republican can be saved[/b]. Just my opinion, you are free to disagree.

They can't be "saved". Such people can only change from within themselves. If that hasn't happened yet given the current climate, it's not going to . . . they are all in.

It's not about Democrat or Republican anymore. It's about decent people who respect everyone or divisive vermin who live by hate.

You're either on the decent and responsible side, or you are on the wrong side. That's a decision people make for themselves, and they pay consequences they deserve for that choice.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Can we please stop with the niceties like "Alt-Right". There is no "Alt-Right", there are just White Supremacists and Nazi's. So let's quit using terms that downplay what they truly are.

And while we are at it. There is no "Alt-Left" nor "Anti-Fa", just people who are against fascism and racism - as EVERYONE should be.

To be fair, there are plenty of far-left whack jobs, with Jill Stein being a prime example. Note that I don't include Bernie Sanders as being that far to the left, though he's clearly very liberal, and not even an actual Democrat. Anyway, Stein and people of her ilk thought that Hillary Clinton was just as dangerous as Trump.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject:

I'd never heard "Alt-Left" until this past week (aka it isn't a thing), but Hillary and her camp were labeling Breitbart the Alt-Right during the campaign. It's an actual term.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Antifa is an actual "thing". It started in Europe long ago and made its way here. Its just now getting into the spotlight in mainstream American media, . Its a loose organization so different groups will operate under different principles. The central tenet however is that they will use any means necessary to combat fascism , especially force. Being against fascism doesn't necessarily make you antifa, its sort of like a gang where you will have to be ready to throw down and put your body on the line.

Because of their willingness to use violence, people tend to not like them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/made-by-history/wp/2017/08/16/who-are-the-antifa/?utm_term=.59e7a49c8ef3

!...

Last edited by City_Dawg on Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
I'd never heard "Alt-Left" until this past week (aka it isn't a thing), but Hillary and her camp were labeling Breitbart the Alt-Right during the campaign. It's an actual term.

The alt right coined that term because it doesn't carry the unfortunate stigma of white supremacist or Nazi.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

To be fair, there are plenty of far-left whack jobs, with Jill Stein being a prime example. Note that I don't include Bernie Sanders as being that far to the left, though he's clearly very liberal, and not even an actual Democrat. Anyway, Stein and people of her ilk thought that Hillary Clinton was just as dangerous as Trump.

Sure, there are fringe elements at each end of the spectrum - that's what the term "extremists" means.

But people like Stein are not what the "Alt-Left" label is about. The "Alt-Left"/"Anti-FA" label isn't about identifying outliers. The terms are meant to demonize people on the left who are against the aggressiveness of the right as being just as violent, aggressive and inappropriate as those who are in the realm of Nazi's and White Supremacists.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Antifa is an actual "thing". It started in Europe long ago and made its way here. Its just now getting into the spotlight in mainstream American media, . Its a loose organization so different groups will operate under different principles. The central tenet however is that they will use any means necessary to combat fascism , especially force. Being against fascism doesn't necessarily make you antifa, its sort of like a gang where you will have to be ready to throw down and put your body on the line.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/made-by-history/wp/2017/08/16/who-are-the-antifa/?utm_term=.59e7a49c8ef3

Regardless, in current usage by the racist right is not to deplore the potential for violent response to violence. It's an attempt to paint people who are against racism and fascism as being equally as reprehensible as those who engage in those vile viewpoints.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Sure, there are fringe elements at each end of the spectrum - that's what the term "extremists" means.

But people like Stein are not what the "Alt-Left" label is about. The "Alt-Left"/"Anti-FA" label isn't about identifying outliers. The terms are meant to demonize people on the left who are against the aggressiveness of the right as being just as violent, aggressive and inappropriate as those who are in the realm of Nazi's and White Supremacists.

Yeah, totally. I agree with you.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Regardless, in current usage by the racist right is not to deplore the potential for violent response to violence. It's an attempt to paint people who are against racism and fascism as being equally as reprehensible as those who engage in those vile viewpoints.

Right, right, its the age old tactic to obfuscate the discussion. Which is funny since it sort of says that they're okay with Nazi's

!...
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject:

The fala equivalencies I have been hearing this week and people compromising themselves just so they can keep their jobs has been sickening. It's not surprising though as these are the same people, in principle and background, I go up against every day in the legal world. Still, never ceases to amaze me how people will rationalize almost anything to maintain their money and power. It's such a slippery and easy slope, and once you've gone down it you often don't even know you have. As eMoore's Trump would say, "so sad."

And, DMR, you say these people will have to face the consequences of thewe choices, but I'm still waiting to see an example of that.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
And, DMR, you say these people will have to face the consequences of thewe choices, but I'm still waiting to see an example of that.

I hear you. I'm sure you've seen me say many times in this thread, "I'm not holding my breath". But, at this point I'm being hopeful rather definitive.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I hear you. I'm sure you've seen me say many times in this thread, "I'm not holding my breath". But, at this point I'm being hopeful rather definitive.

A couple of minimum wage servers lost their jobs because they were stupid. That happens every day
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Look at this long Facebook post about Charlottesville by Senator Ben Sasse of Nebraska. Whether you agree with everything he says or not, he's very thoughtful and he's one of the reasonable Republicans. That said, also notice the comments in the thread after his post. So many conservatives are just so out of touch with reality that it's genuinely scary to me. Here's the link...

https://m.facebook.com/SenatorSasse/posts/1356425404455401
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Look at this long Facebook post about Charlottesville by Senator Ben Sasse of Nebraska. Whether you agree with everything he says or not, he's very thoughtful and he's one of the reasonable Republicans. That said, also notice the comments in the thread after his post. So many conservatives are just so out of touch with reality that it's genuinely scary to me. Here's the link...

https://m.facebook.com/SenatorSasse/posts/1356425404455401

And we should find it scary. The problem at this point is that despite the fact that there may be a few decent members in the elected ranks of the GOP, it means little when one realizes that there are millions of GOP voters who don't give a (bleep) about that kind of reason.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 535, 536, 537 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next
Page 536 of 3670
Jump to: